• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:17
CEST 07:17
KST 14:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7406 users

Tasteless and Artosis will cast VNSL semi-finals and final…

Forum Index > BW General
367 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 19 Next All
HyralGambit
Profile Joined February 2014
2439 Posts
January 15 2016 18:53 GMT
#161
What about the third place match? I want to see Artosis moaning over mech and jacking off to Siege Tanks :D
Passion overcomes corporate stupidity: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX9hbbA-WP4#t=4h2m
nG.Templar
Profile Joined May 2015
France32 Posts
January 15 2016 18:56 GMT
#162
Fuck yeah welcome back Tasteless & Artosis !
[ Iccup ID : nG.TemplAr ] Fan boy of : Baby ~ FireBatHero ~ PianO ~ JangBi ~ Free ~ sAviOr ~ Jaedong
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19386 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-15 19:19:24
January 15 2016 19:04 GMT
#163
On January 16 2016 03:29 207aicila wrote:
It's so surreal to me that five years ago people would have kissed the ground Tasteless walked on and now almost half the posts in this thread are so very negative and bitter even though it's very likely the man has more passion left for BW than SC2... admittedly half those posts are by like three people but still.

At least the overall reception seems positive. I'm excited for this and hope it becomes a thing in a big way.

Also at the risk of coming across as a bellend, BisuDagger your frustration, while not unreasonable, is very unsightly in this thread. I get how you must feel, and I get that maybe having respect for two legendary pillars of the community might not be your highest priority right now, but did you seriously, one hundred percent go into this expecting to do well despite being a super niche fucking thing? And also, it feels like a cop out to say this *now* but I'm pretty sure this has been in the works for a long time. At least I know Tasteless has been trying to do something like this for a couple of years. But yea feel free to respond or not, judging by the tone and entitlement of most of your posts in this thread, I will likely not argue any further, I feel like I've made my point.

Not everyone can make a living doing what they love, even less so when it's this niche, so any entitlement just seems naive and severely lacking in foresight on your part. But whatever, I'm not here to judge some random dude's life, I'm here because I'm excited to see Tasteless casting BW again. ^^

I'm really sorry I come off in such a manner. I was hoping, by changing my posting tone it would show that I was past the negativity from earlier. That being said I will address you as best I can:

Did you seriously, one hundred percent go into this expecting to do well despite being a super niche fucking thing?

I work hard at everything I do in life and hope that because of this things will go well for me. I will agree that I am niche, but let's be honest Brood War is nearly 20 years old. It's a niche game with a small and fantastic community that I've been blessed to be a part of for nearly a decade. I've also been casting games for free for 4 years now, and when I finally got a paid opportunity I took as serious as my job at Boeing.

I'm pretty sure this has been in the works for a long time.

That is a false assumption. When afreeca hired XKCD and I on as casters, it was with the intent that we would be the sole casters for the entire tournament. So with that expectation, this does come as a surprise. However, due to NDAs, we cannot discuss the casting situation any further.

Furthermore, this is just really bad timing. Had they been announced to take over VNSL for the next tournament I would have been extremely excited for their return. But it was the sudden manner of hey these two casters will be taking your spotlight that caused my reactions. I'm sorry if my posting left a bad taste in anyone's mouth, but I promise if you had been an active part of the community you would know I have years of positive posts and contributions to Brood War. I'm not going to edit out my posts from earlier, but please lets not turn this into a negative thing any longer. It is a moment to celebrate that Brood War is so strong that its bringing back some great contributors of the past.
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
mca64Launcher_
Profile Joined June 2015
Poland629 Posts
January 15 2016 19:12 GMT
#164
On January 16 2016 03:05 amazingxkcd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 16 2016 03:03 nighcol wrote:
One thing I've been wondering about is why the english stream for VNSL has never seemed to be in the TL stream list. Will Tastosis be? I'd imagine so...


afreecaTV global doesn't have a public API for TL to hook into. That is being worked on at the moment. Unfortunately, their stream alongside ours won't be tagged on the sidebar. You will have to go to the LR to see the stream links. Other option is signing up and follow the streams and get some balloons to go boing boing!


so how is possible that there are already streams from afreeca on tl sidebar
amazingxkcd
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
GRAND OLD AMERICA16375 Posts
January 15 2016 19:15 GMT
#165
On January 16 2016 04:12 mca64Launcher_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 16 2016 03:05 amazingxkcd wrote:
On January 16 2016 03:03 nighcol wrote:
One thing I've been wondering about is why the english stream for VNSL has never seemed to be in the TL stream list. Will Tastosis be? I'd imagine so...


afreecaTV global doesn't have a public API for TL to hook into. That is being worked on at the moment. Unfortunately, their stream alongside ours won't be tagged on the sidebar. You will have to go to the LR to see the stream links. Other option is signing up and follow the streams and get some balloons to go boing boing!


so how is possible that there are already streams from afreeca on tl sidebar


those are for Afreeca Korea (and with a little bit of some hacks to scrap data from them)
The world is burning and you rather be on this terrible website discussing video games and your shallow feelings
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51507 Posts
January 15 2016 19:16 GMT
#166
On January 16 2016 04:12 mca64Launcher_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 16 2016 03:05 amazingxkcd wrote:
On January 16 2016 03:03 nighcol wrote:
One thing I've been wondering about is why the english stream for VNSL has never seemed to be in the TL stream list. Will Tastosis be? I'd imagine so...


afreecaTV global doesn't have a public API for TL to hook into. That is being worked on at the moment. Unfortunately, their stream alongside ours won't be tagged on the sidebar. You will have to go to the LR to see the stream links. Other option is signing up and follow the streams and get some balloons to go boing boing!


so how is possible that there are already streams from afreeca on tl sidebar

Afreeca.TV is not afreeca.com

The Korean website is different from the global one, why they chose not to use the same one is beyond me.
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
amazingxkcd
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
GRAND OLD AMERICA16375 Posts
January 15 2016 19:21 GMT
#167
On January 16 2016 04:16 BLinD-RawR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 16 2016 04:12 mca64Launcher_ wrote:
On January 16 2016 03:05 amazingxkcd wrote:
On January 16 2016 03:03 nighcol wrote:
One thing I've been wondering about is why the english stream for VNSL has never seemed to be in the TL stream list. Will Tastosis be? I'd imagine so...


afreecaTV global doesn't have a public API for TL to hook into. That is being worked on at the moment. Unfortunately, their stream alongside ours won't be tagged on the sidebar. You will have to go to the LR to see the stream links. Other option is signing up and follow the streams and get some balloons to go boing boing!


so how is possible that there are already streams from afreeca on tl sidebar

Afreeca.TV is not afreeca.com

The Korean website is different from the global one, why they chose not to use the same one is beyond me.


Korean website would take way too much time and effort to make it work for international audiences so I understand why we have a new afreeca site
The world is burning and you rather be on this terrible website discussing video games and your shallow feelings
AncientSionX
Profile Joined December 2015
21 Posts
January 15 2016 19:28 GMT
#168
I have to say im not thrilled about those two idiots returning to BW. They abandoned it for SC2. They should stay there.
If you actually listen to a cast of that duo, you will see that they dont know a lot, they always use superficial words and more and more superlatives and its basicly boring as fuck.

I actually want more casts, but casted by REAL fans and good commentators.

User was temp banned for this post.
Heartland
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Sweden24604 Posts
January 15 2016 19:33 GMT
#169
So maybe we should petition for xkcd&bisudagger to do further casting as well?
Duckvillelol
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Australia1259 Posts
January 15 2016 19:34 GMT
#170
On January 15 2016 21:20 BisuDagger wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 15 2016 21:05 Duckvillelol wrote:
On January 15 2016 21:02 BLinD-RawR wrote:
On January 15 2016 20:48 Duckvillelol wrote:
So is it confirmed that it's VNSL though? Isn't it finishing up this weekend? Tasteless specifically said "next week"?

Yes, on the 18th to be exact.


Ahh okay - the dates on the Liquipedia for the finals must be wrong then.

So I'm guessing the 3rd place match and grand final will be on the same day yeah? I can't see dates anywhere at the moment.

The next semifinals match is next Monday. On Thursday the 3rd/4th place match will be played.. The Saturday following will be the finals.Tasteless and Artosis will be casting the semifinals and the finals, but not the third place match.

Show nested quote +
On January 15 2016 20:43 Heartland wrote:
On January 15 2016 20:37 BisuDagger wrote:
On January 15 2016 20:14 Heartland wrote:
and with we I mean me. Bow down before your king peasants!

1. This thread and your tweets had no impact. This decision was actually made some time before this and I cannot discuss the details.
2. This could possibly mean that XKCD and I will not be able to return as casters for this tournament.

You're loyalty here is to a brand instead of to people who are passionate about the game. It's completely a sellout. The conditions for them even getting to cast the last two games is disgusting and entirely unfair. I can't discuss what transgressed as long as I'm employed by Afeeca, but will make it clear they are a top notch company and their staff have been amazing throughout this situation.


I am really sorry if this caused you issues. It was never my intention :/

This thread caused me a hell out a lot of stress, but again, this is a situation that can't be controlled. Let me just put it this way, someone out there is forcing me to share what I consider the epitome of my involvement with Brood War. The only people I want to share this moment with is my co-caster AmazingXKCD and the small and incredibly hard working Brood War Staff.


Cheers for the confirmation BD.
Former SC2 commentator. youtube.com/duckvillelol
stuchiu
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Fiddler's Green42661 Posts
January 15 2016 19:35 GMT
#171
That first tweet by Tasteless doesnt make sense since I thought BW was appreciated and celebrated
Moderator
KameZerg
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Sweden1776 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-15 19:37:37
January 15 2016 19:36 GMT
#172
On January 16 2016 04:28 AncientSionX wrote:
I have to say im not thrilled about those two idiots returning to BW. They abandoned it for SC2. They should stay there.
If you actually listen to a cast of that duo, you will see that they dont know a lot, they always use superficial words and more and more superlatives and its basicly boring as fuck.

I actually want more casts, but casted by REAL fans and good commentators.


Well its a job, so they cant really pick and choose if they want to have a successfull career in commentating but I dont think they would be prime choice for BW, i dont think they are still in par with it but maybe in the future if they keep doing commentaries if now afreeca decides to keep running english broadcasted BW games they'll come about eventually. Also they are the most well known english commentators for the sc2 audience so maybe they'll try to grab some views from the other side. But all in all im still excited, go tastie !
asdasdasdasdasd123123123
Lightrush
Profile Joined July 2015
Bulgaria164 Posts
January 15 2016 20:54 GMT
#173
Hell no! Bring back BisuDagger and XKCD!
User was warned for this post
207aicila
Profile Joined January 2015
1237 Posts
January 15 2016 21:22 GMT
#174
On January 16 2016 04:04 BisuDagger wrote:
I work hard at everything I do in life and hope that because of this things will go well for me. I will agree that I am niche, but let's be honest Brood War is nearly 20 years old. It's a niche game with a small and fantastic community that I've been blessed to be a part of for nearly a decade. I've also been casting games for free for 4 years now, and when I finally got a paid opportunity I took as serious as my job at Boeing.


I'm just saying, this isn't something that anyone should expect to do for a living without being a big established name to begin with. Obviously taking your job seriously is very much a commendable thing, I couldn't disagree there.

On January 16 2016 04:04 BisuDagger wrote:
Show nested quote +
I'm pretty sure this has been in the works for a long time.

That is a false assumption. When afreeca hired XKCD and I on as casters, it was with the intent that we would be the sole casters for the entire tournament. So with that expectation, this does come as a surprise. However, due to NDAs, we cannot discuss the casting situation any further.


My bad I should've been more specific; basically I just remember Tasteless tweeting about the possibility of doing BW again back in like 2013-2014. So the intent had been announced for a long time even if only as a hypothetical. It's not like the guy said fuck it forever and now he's here to mess with people.

But yeah I don't want to make you feel worse than you already do, that's not why I came to this thread.
mfw people who never followed BW speak about sAviOr as if they know anything... -___-''''
TL+ Member
Heyoka
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Katowice25012 Posts
January 15 2016 21:42 GMT
#175
On January 16 2016 04:35 stuchiu wrote:
That first tweet by Tasteless doesnt make sense since I thought BW was appreciated and celebrated


I think maybe he means done in English? That makes more sense to me.

Awesome news though really excited for it.
@RealHeyoka | ESL / DreamHack StarCraft Lead
Peeano
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Netherlands5924 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-16 04:18:45
January 15 2016 22:04 GMT
#176
I never thought Tasteless would ever go hipster. I guess I thought wrong
FBH #1!
jimminy_kriket
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Canada5542 Posts
January 15 2016 22:05 GMT
#177
Awesome news. Can't wait.
life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery
Peeano
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Netherlands5924 Posts
January 15 2016 22:18 GMT
#178
I'm curious if they can muster the 'needed' viewers to make it sufficient.
I do think it's a bit unfair towards BD and XKCD, but if it improves the BW fan base you won't hear me complain.
FBH #1!
sparklyresidue
Profile Joined August 2011
United States5524 Posts
January 15 2016 22:30 GMT
#179
Very cool, hope I can watch the live broadcast. Thankfully, I think that's MLK Jr. Day.
Like Tinkerbelle, I leave behind a sparkly residue.
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-15 22:44:35
January 15 2016 22:43 GMT
#180
So is the VANT Starleague sponsored by Afreeca or what (besides VANT of course )? Because I don't think bringing Tastosis to cast this will do a lot in the long run. Only by bringing the stream to twitch would the foreign BW scene grow imo. They should just let BD and amazingxkcd cast this on twitch instead of bringing Tastosis to afreeca.tv if they want more english viewers.
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 19 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 43m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 123
SortOf 113
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2168
HiyA 354
Mong 149
Shinee 77
sorry 33
Noble 16
NotJumperer 10
Icarus 6
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1315
NeuroSwarm180
League of Legends
JimRising 670
Reynor47
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft614
Other Games
summit1g7426
Coldzera 743
C9.Mang0336
PiGStarcraft217
RuFF_SC234
ArmadaUGS24
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick688
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream390
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2155
League of Legends
• Rush1531
• Lourlo1334
• Stunt313
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4h 43m
Afreeca Starleague
4h 43m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
18h 43m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 5h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.