• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:03
CEST 07:03
KST 14:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8202 users

BW General Discussion - Page 16

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 521 Next
Cryoc
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany914 Posts
October 21 2013 15:43 GMT
#301
That could be because you changed your password on the website. The password for the actual BW server does not change. So it should be the first password you originally signed up with.
http://www.twitch.tv/cryoc
rel
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Guam3521 Posts
October 21 2013 20:27 GMT
#302
Is there any website that is still releasing new replays?
I'll tank push my way into her heart. ☮♥&$!
Ciryandor
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3735 Posts
October 23 2013 12:27 GMT
#303
Anybody have any idea who this is?

http://www.youtube.com/user/StarcraftWCS/videos
에일리 and 아이유 <3 - O Captain 박재혁 ・゚✧*:・*゚+..。✧・゚:*・..。 ✧・゚ :・゚* ゜・*:・ ✧・゚:・゚:.。 ✧・゚ SPARKULING ・゜・:・゚✧*:・゚✧。*゚+..。 ✧・゚: ✧・゚:*・゜・:・゚✧*::
Headshot
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1656 Posts
October 23 2013 14:13 GMT
#304
I'm not sure if this is the place for it, but is there anywhere I can search for the most optimal/generic hotkey setups for each race and how to properly use the function keys (F2, F3, etc)? I feel like I've been handicapping myself by using a terrible setup.
-
Epoxide
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Magic Woods9326 Posts
October 23 2013 14:25 GMT
#305
There probably is no "most optimal", most progamers have different setups. I don't know where to find generic ones though ;;
LiquipediaSouma: EU MM is just Russian Roulette. Literally.
Headshot
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1656 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-23 14:47:42
October 23 2013 14:45 GMT
#306
Yeah, I doubt there's an optimal or "best" setup, but I'm trying to get a basic understanding of how to hotkey my buildings as Zerg (i.e How many Hatcheries do you hotkey to 1-9, how/when do you use F2, F3 etc for bases, how/when do you use them to rally, etc.). I've been playing BW for a long time, but I figure I need to do away with my horrid setup even though it's comfortable. I want to get past D this season. t.t
-
amazingxkcd
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
GRAND OLD AMERICA16375 Posts
October 23 2013 15:06 GMT
#307
On October 23 2013 23:45 Headshot wrote:
Yeah, I doubt there's an optimal or "best" setup, but I'm trying to get a basic understanding of how to hotkey my buildings as Zerg (i.e How many Hatcheries do you hotkey to 1-9, how/when do you use F2, F3 etc for bases, how/when do you use them to rally, etc.). I've been playing BW for a long time, but I figure I need to do away with my horrid setup even though it's comfortable. I want to get past D this season. t.t


I personally have 4-8 for hatches then f2-f4 for hatches that I dont have hotkeyed (like at 4th and 5th expo)
The world is burning and you rather be on this terrible website discussing video games and your shallow feelings
Kau *
Profile Joined March 2007
Canada3502 Posts
October 23 2013 15:10 GMT
#308
I've always done 1-4 units and 5-0 hatches. Never properly learned to use F2-4 though...
Moderator
LRM)INF3cted
Profile Joined October 2012
Bulgaria242 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-23 15:23:05
October 23 2013 15:11 GMT
#309
On October 23 2013 23:45 Headshot wrote:
Yeah, I doubt there's an optimal or "best" setup, but I'm trying to get a basic understanding of how to hotkey my buildings as Zerg (i.e How many Hatcheries do you hotkey to 1-9, how/when do you use F2, F3 etc for bases, how/when do you use them to rally, etc.). I've been playing BW for a long time, but I figure I need to do away with my horrid setup even though it's comfortable. I want to get past D this season. t.t



yeah , i was B-/B newb when i used shity hotkeys and i couldn`t understand why im so bad ? -_- So i change them and it took me like 1 moth to use to it , and then suddenly i was able to really kick some asses like a boss.So before late game (just because in late game u have too many units) my personal hotkeys are 1-3 units , 4-9 hats , 0 special unit or building (defiler/qeen or hydra den/spire/evo/defiler mouth)Let`s say we play standard ZvP , before late game u don`t need more then 3 groups of units , everything else focus on macro.After late game i personally use F- keys for macro.Just because u need more then 3 groups of units for sure , so how that works - my natural , 3th and 4th bases are in F keys.First u are able to do better vs harassment and pull drones really quick , second in this 3 bases u have most of your hatcheries so it`s really easy to macroing from them whit minimum clicks.In the begining F keys are only useful for transfering drones and protect yourself from harassment.
Also , F- keys can be used for rearrange your rally point.


Sorry for my awful english , hope u understand me.GG more re ~
Play whit honor , die whit glory.
amazingxkcd
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
GRAND OLD AMERICA16375 Posts
October 24 2013 05:14 GMT
#310
so there's an Acer.Scarlett hanging around in op teamliquid, already 17-3 and in the bio, links to twitch stream and battle net profile. Is that the real scarlett and if so, why are sc2 players playing bw now? 0_o
The world is burning and you rather be on this terrible website discussing video games and your shallow feelings
Headshot
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1656 Posts
October 24 2013 05:45 GMT
#311
I see that too, but there's no way it can be the real Scarlett. ^^
-
Dirtyharry
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Germany171 Posts
October 24 2013 06:11 GMT
#312
Would be to nice but i dont think it's the real Scarlett. She is very good in sc2 and probably has no time to play/learn bw.
I was in Ravenholm
Birdie
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
New Zealand4438 Posts
October 24 2013 09:35 GMT
#313
It's a smurf.
Red classic | A butterfly dreamed he was Zhuangzi | 4.5k, heading to 5k as support!
Hyde
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Australia14568 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-24 09:57:20
October 24 2013 09:56 GMT
#314
In other news, Zero officially retires
On October 24 2013 18:15 mostwanted wrote:
[image loading]
His profile:
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/ZerO
Because when you left, Brood War was all spotlights and titans. Now, with the death of the big leagues, Brood War has moved to the basements and carparks. Now, Brood War is unlicensed brawls, lost teeth, and bloody fights for fistfulls of money - SirJolt
Epoxide
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Magic Woods9326 Posts
October 24 2013 09:59 GMT
#315
If he joins it's just what we need. A good Zerg that can hopefully take down good Terrans.
LiquipediaSouma: EU MM is just Russian Roulette. Literally.
SoLoSouL
Profile Joined October 2013
United States10 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-25 18:58:34
October 24 2013 10:05 GMT
#316
When I changed my Keyboard to Korean for Wdectector and the Regional to Korean, I can no Longer load my bots. I Get IPBanned from Battle.net, How can i fix this please while still using WDectector???
SoLoSouL
Profile Joined October 2013
United States10 Posts
October 25 2013 23:14 GMT
#317
Anyone know how to Fix This problem???

User was warned for this post
Highways
Profile Joined July 2005
Australia6122 Posts
October 26 2013 00:46 GMT
#318
Where does everybody play?

Logged onto US west and it's completely dead
#1 Terran hater
amazingxkcd
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
GRAND OLD AMERICA16375 Posts
October 26 2013 00:48 GMT
#319
On October 26 2013 09:46 Highways wrote:
Where does everybody play?

Logged onto US west and it's completely dead

iCCup/fish
The world is burning and you rather be on this terrible website discussing video games and your shallow feelings
Headshot
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1656 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-27 02:16:26
October 27 2013 01:28 GMT
#320
I want to preface this post by apologizing if my harping on the simple issue of hotkeys is getting annoying.

After reconfiguring my hotkey setup (as Zerg) thanks to some awesome suggestions from you guys, I find the most difficult thing to adjust to is cycling through my hatcheries and creating drones. My old setup was my first three Hatcheries on 1-3, so it was very easy to go 1sd 2sd 3sd, but to gain better army/unit control I've started hotkeying my Hatcheries to 4-9 and units to 1-3, but it is very difficult and awkward for me to 4sd 5sd 6sd. Is it just an obvious matter of getting used to something new, or is there an optimal place for your hand on the keyboard? I've always just had my hand on the leftmost side of the keyboard, kinda like I'm playing a shooter using WSAD. I guess I should move it more to the middle, so I can reach all keys equally? Gah, my army control with my old setup was so horrid, but it's so hard to totally switch up what I've been doing for the past 4 or 5 years.
-
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 521 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 57m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Larva 582
Hyuk 481
Leta 92
TT1 18
Icarus 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm248
League of Legends
JimRising 719
Other Games
summit1g9795
WinterStarcraft456
Mew2King93
ViBE77
ArmadaUGS59
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1026
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream138
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki30
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2214
League of Legends
• Rush1321
• Lourlo1093
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4h 57m
INu's Battles
6h 57m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
9h 57m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 57m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 57m
Replay Cast
17h 57m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 5h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 10h
Replay Cast
1d 17h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.