• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:49
CEST 12:49
KST 19:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup5StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12160 users

BW General Discussion - Page 14

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 521 Next
Headshot
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1656 Posts
October 01 2013 23:40 GMT
#261
On October 02 2013 08:37 N.geNuity wrote:
you make an account on iccup's website rather than on the server

I'm dumb. Thank you.
-
amazingxkcd
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
GRAND OLD AMERICA16375 Posts
October 01 2013 23:53 GMT
#262
On October 02 2013 08:40 Headshot wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2013 08:37 N.geNuity wrote:
you make an account on iccup's website rather than on the server

I'm dumb. Thank you.


Note that for fish, you can create the accounts on the server
The world is burning and you rather be on this terrible website discussing video games and your shallow feelings
Xxio
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada5565 Posts
October 02 2013 00:23 GMT
#263
Can someone tell me what Sea is ranting and yelling about right now?
KTY
shaftofpleasure
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Korea (North)1375 Posts
October 02 2013 00:42 GMT
#264
Reading the oov thread from SC2 got me to thinking that 'what if David Kim was the head of Patching BW. How the hell would it turn out?'.

We have so many imba units on paper as compared to SC2 .. lol
It's either the holes of my nose are getting smaller or my fingers are getting bigger. /// Always Rooting for the Underdog. Hyuk/Sin/Jaehoon/Juni/Hyvva/Hoejja/Canata //// Hiding in thread somewhere where BW is still in it's pure form here on TL.
Headshot
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1656 Posts
October 02 2013 04:09 GMT
#265
I just picked up Brood War again and for some reason I have around 178 ping to the iCCup server when I have around 65 playing League of Legends. Is there any steps I can take to reduce my ping? It makes playing impossible.
-
SnowFantasy
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
4173 Posts
October 02 2013 04:15 GMT
#266
Not sure how to fix your problem but I'd just like to say that the ping to the iccup server is relatively useless. BW games are peer to peer so iccup ping isn't really related to lag.
Headshot
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1656 Posts
October 02 2013 04:19 GMT
#267
Ah, that makes sense. I have around what feels like a 1-2 second delay when playing tonight, so I pinged the server and got an average of around 178, so I thought there was some correlation. I've reset my router/modem a few times and have gone through some steps I've found online to reduce lag, but it's still unbearable, but when I load up League of Legends and go into a custom game my ping is at 60 and perfect.
-
Dane S
Profile Joined July 2010
Australia84 Posts
October 04 2013 03:55 GMT
#268
are there any ridiculous stats around, like win % by race in pl?
icystorage
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Jollibee19350 Posts
October 04 2013 08:21 GMT
#269
i think you can.

http://www.teamliquid.net/tlpd/korean/leagues/2834_SKP12_Proleague_S2

for example,

Race Stats (non-mirrors):
TvZ: 25-18 (58.1%)
ZvP: 25-21 (54.3%)
PvT: 26-27 (49.1%)
LiquidDota StaffAre you ready for a Miracle-? We are! The International 2017 Champions!
Bakuryu
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Germany1065 Posts
October 04 2013 08:33 GMT
#270
On October 02 2013 13:19 Headshot wrote:
Ah, that makes sense. I have around what feels like a 1-2 second delay when playing tonight, so I pinged the server and got an average of around 178, so I thought there was some correlation. I've reset my router/modem a few times and have gone through some steps I've found online to reduce lag, but it's still unbearable, but when I load up League of Legends and go into a custom game my ping is at 60 and perfect.


are u sure u have lan latency turned on in the launcher?
vndestiny
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Singapore3473 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-04 08:58:09
October 04 2013 08:57 GMT
#271
On October 04 2013 17:21 icystorage wrote:
i think you can.

http://www.teamliquid.net/tlpd/korean/leagues/2834_SKP12_Proleague_S2

for example,

Race Stats (non-mirrors):
TvZ: 25-18 (58.1%)
ZvP: 25-21 (54.3%)
PvT: 26-27 (49.1%)


Terran OP nerf please. The TvZ stats also clearly had nothing to do with JD was in a slump in Team 8.
Dane S
Profile Joined July 2010
Australia84 Posts
October 05 2013 00:14 GMT
#272
cool i went through the first page (leaving out the mirror stats, and allstars etc) will be interesting to see how it changes as i go
vOdToasT
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Sweden2870 Posts
October 05 2013 00:24 GMT
#273
On October 04 2013 17:21 icystorage wrote:
i think you can.

http://www.teamliquid.net/tlpd/korean/leagues/2834_SKP12_Proleague_S2

for example,

Race Stats (non-mirrors):
TvZ: 25-18 (58.1%)
ZvP: 25-21 (54.3%)
PvT: 26-27 (49.1%)


That TvZ mech switch really had an impact when it was discovered. I remember wondering if Brood War had finally been broken by a discovery.
If it's stupid but it works, then it's not stupid* (*Or: You are stupid for losing to it, and gotta git gud)
icystorage
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Jollibee19350 Posts
October 05 2013 01:33 GMT
#274
well PvZ was hard to play before the revolution
LiquidDota StaffAre you ready for a Miracle-? We are! The International 2017 Champions!
GoShox
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States1845 Posts
October 08 2013 18:03 GMT
#275
Is anyone here familiar with StealthBot? I used it years ago for op'ing a US West channel, but I'm wondering if it can be used to log in to Fish server and get 24 hours of activity time since my old account got deleted. That way you don't have to run Brood War and if your internet goes out randomly like mine does, StealthBot will reconnect to the server unlike the Brood War client

Was just wondering if anyone has tried it, I might give it a go tonight to see if it's even able to log in to Fish
vOdToasT
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Sweden2870 Posts
October 08 2013 18:25 GMT
#276
On October 05 2013 10:33 icystorage wrote:
well PvZ was hard to play before the revolution


I only seriously got in to StarCraft after the revolution had happened, so I never experienced the PvZ imbalance. Before that, I was a clueless newb who didn't really know anything about the game. I mostly played UMS, heh.
If it's stupid but it works, then it's not stupid* (*Or: You are stupid for losing to it, and gotta git gud)
Dane S
Profile Joined July 2010
Australia84 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-08 21:58:30
October 08 2013 21:57 GMT
#277
ill make a full post sometime in the future, collecting the individual league numbers is taking much longer, but between 2000 and 2004 protoss win % was on a steady decline reaching its lowest of 26%, but by 07/08 it was up to 33%. sample pool is 6998 games.
2Pacalypse-
Profile Joined October 2006
Croatia9559 Posts
October 08 2013 22:17 GMT
#278
On October 09 2013 03:03 GoShox wrote:
Is anyone here familiar with StealthBot? I used it years ago for op'ing a US West channel, but I'm wondering if it can be used to log in to Fish server and get 24 hours of activity time since my old account got deleted. That way you don't have to run Brood War and if your internet goes out randomly like mine does, StealthBot will reconnect to the server unlike the Brood War client

Was just wondering if anyone has tried it, I might give it a go tonight to see if it's even able to log in to Fish

I run a bot on Fish server with Stealthbot. It's pretty simple, you just need to use Local Hashing in the Connection Settings. You can get the hash files for your bot here: http://realityripple.com/Software/Battle.net/Hash_Files/
Moderator"We're a community of geniuses because we've found how to extract 95% of the feeling of doing something amazing without actually doing anything." - Chill
GoShox
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States1845 Posts
October 08 2013 22:26 GMT
#279
On October 09 2013 07:17 2Pacalypse- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 09 2013 03:03 GoShox wrote:
Is anyone here familiar with StealthBot? I used it years ago for op'ing a US West channel, but I'm wondering if it can be used to log in to Fish server and get 24 hours of activity time since my old account got deleted. That way you don't have to run Brood War and if your internet goes out randomly like mine does, StealthBot will reconnect to the server unlike the Brood War client

Was just wondering if anyone has tried it, I might give it a go tonight to see if it's even able to log in to Fish

I run a bot on Fish server with Stealthbot. It's pretty simple, you just need to use Local Hashing in the Connection Settings. You can get the hash files for your bot here: http://realityripple.com/Software/Battle.net/Hash_Files/


Awesome, I'll check it out when I get home from class. Thank you!
GoShox
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States1845 Posts
October 10 2013 03:33 GMT
#280
Hmm, so I can connect to iCCup, but when I try Fish (fish.fishbattle.net), I get stuck at this message:

[BNCS] Checking version...

It doesn't ever fail, it just stays there until I try to reconnect. I have the hash files from the link you provided. Any ideas?
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 521 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
Krystianer vs TBD
ByuN vs TBD
CranKy Ducklings148
CranKy Ducklings SOOP27
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 10754
FanTaSy 1684
Hyuk 816
Horang2 564
BeSt 425
Pusan 214
Stork 190
Killer 112
Zeus 109
Mind 109
[ Show more ]
Last 106
EffOrt 78
sorry 78
Hyun 61
ggaemo 58
Snow 45
PianO 44
Bale 35
ToSsGirL 35
Hm[arnc] 31
JYJ 25
Aegong 15
Sacsri 12
zelot 8
Noble 7
Dota 2
XcaliburYe221
Counter-Strike
fl0m1317
byalli836
x6flipin218
Other Games
gofns38870
singsing2638
ArmadaUGS87
Mew2King75
B2W.Neo25
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick701
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream82
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 11
• FirePhoenix3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
INu's Battles
1h 11m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
IntoTheiNu 1
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
4h 11m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 11m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 11m
Replay Cast
12h 11m
Afreeca Starleague
23h 11m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 5h
Replay Cast
1d 12h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 23h
Soma vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.