• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:21
CEST 22:21
KST 05:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8531 users

Rumors on SC Proleague Season 2 - Page 91

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 89 90 91 92 93 103 Next
Ribbon
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5278 Posts
April 16 2012 05:13 GMT
#1801
On April 16 2012 04:02 Zera wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2012 21:42 shaftofpleasure wrote:
On April 15 2012 20:02 wassbix wrote:
On April 15 2012 19:14 shaftofpleasure wrote:
On April 15 2012 18:54 ragnorr wrote:
On April 15 2012 18:49 Chriscras wrote:
On April 15 2012 17:29 entrust wrote:
SC2 player here.
TBH I feel kinda bad with all this stuff, they have to change their game because BW will die sooner or later. SC2 is just bad and that's about it. The only thing that's better are the graphics (BW graphics just dated) and probably nothing more.
Few months before I was so excited about the possible switch, but now I must say I feel sorry for them (BW pros that is).


Has anyone considered rebuilding BW in SC2's map editor? That way if they play SC2 in the proleague BW could live on forever with updated graphics.

I mean seriously, look how passionate you guys are... I am sure someone out there could near-perfectly recreate the BW maps and unit mechanics.

EDIT: Kind of what they are doing with DOTA 2 and CS:GO no?

There is SC2BW, problem it dosent have alot of the faults of the BW pathfinding(I belive muta stacking was a major problem) which made BW balanced


Pathfinding and muta stack made BW balance? lol

.


ZvT would nearly be unwinnable without mutamicro. Even muta-less builds hinge upon the terran player accounting for possible threat of mutas.


ZvT is unwinnable if Zerg fails to obtain 3rd gas immediately, regardless of if there is muta-micro present or not.



But Z needs muta micro to win some time for establishing 3-rd base, so basically they need muta micro to win ^_^


BW is balanced on a knife's edge, after 10 years of development and every little thing being worked out. Changing really anything about BW would completely bork the game, at this point.

Also, can we....not....have the BW vs SC2 flamewars? Because there were some legitimately good conversations going on and then someone insults something and the thread goes to shit and it's a little annoying. I don't care which game you like more. That's not what this thread is about.
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
April 16 2012 05:22 GMT
#1802
On April 16 2012 10:46 shaftofpleasure wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2012 08:29 Evangelist wrote:



No offence but given the amount of crap on this site directed from so called BW fans towards those of us who have the temerity to like its sequel and enjoy watching it... It's a bit rich to suddenly expect it. We've had BW fanbois going on about the immensely superior mechanics of their players, the better units, the better control, the better interface, the fact that somehow none of our pros would hold a candle to their pros while conveniently glossing over the fact that major BW pros have already crossed over and gotten slammed by SC2 pros.

For the record, I enjoyed watching BW when it was a major event but it has never been particularly interesting to the western scene and it never grabbed my attention in the way SC2 did because, shockingly, I played SC2 and enjoyed it. Playing BW was like pulling teeth. Getting it to run full stop was like pulling teeth. SC2 worked out of the box and given how new it is, is amazingly fun and balanced.



I call bullshit
And when was this?
Was this when Grrrr.. was the top foreigner? or Bisu rofl-stomped savior? or when SC2 came out? or when Kespa announced that they'll be having SC2 along with BW?

So you play and enjoy SC2 because you like easy stuff and can become good as the 'pros' you watch.


You obviously have no idea what you are talking about if you think anyone (or even most people rofl) can become as good as the pros you watch. I also find it funny how you quote "pros" like they aren't. Please you can hate sc2 all you want but please don't post something you know nothing about, it only makes you look silly.

I'll never understand why bw players can't just stop ripping on sc2 whenever its mentioned and sc2 players should not be saying bw is dying i agree, but you guys are no better either.
When I think of something else, something will go here
Lunareste
Profile Joined July 2011
United States3596 Posts
April 16 2012 06:03 GMT
#1803
On April 16 2012 10:46 shaftofpleasure wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2012 08:29 Evangelist wrote:



No offence but given the amount of crap on this site directed from so called BW fans towards those of us who have the temerity to like its sequel and enjoy watching it... It's a bit rich to suddenly expect it. We've had BW fanbois going on about the immensely superior mechanics of their players, the better units, the better control, the better interface, the fact that somehow none of our pros would hold a candle to their pros while conveniently glossing over the fact that major BW pros have already crossed over and gotten slammed by SC2 pros.

For the record, I enjoyed watching BW when it was a major event but it has never been particularly interesting to the western scene and it never grabbed my attention in the way SC2 did because, shockingly, I played SC2 and enjoyed it. Playing BW was like pulling teeth. Getting it to run full stop was like pulling teeth. SC2 worked out of the box and given how new it is, is amazingly fun and balanced.



I call bullshit
And when was this?
Was this when Grrrr.. was the top foreigner? or Bisu rofl-stomped savior? or when SC2 came out? or when Kespa announced that they'll be having SC2 along with BW?

So you play and enjoy SC2 because you like easy stuff and can become good as the 'pros' you watch.


Yeah I guess right after I'm done playing I'll go and watch sc2 in Proleague. LOL.
KT FlaSh FOREVER
shaftofpleasure
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Korea (North)1375 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-16 06:15:53
April 16 2012 06:12 GMT
#1804
On April 16 2012 14:22 blade55555 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2012 10:46 shaftofpleasure wrote:
On April 16 2012 08:29 Evangelist wrote:



No offence but given the amount of crap on this site directed from so called BW fans towards those of us who have the temerity to like its sequel and enjoy watching it... It's a bit rich to suddenly expect it. We've had BW fanbois going on about the immensely superior mechanics of their players, the better units, the better control, the better interface, the fact that somehow none of our pros would hold a candle to their pros while conveniently glossing over the fact that major BW pros have already crossed over and gotten slammed by SC2 pros.

For the record, I enjoyed watching BW when it was a major event but it has never been particularly interesting to the western scene and it never grabbed my attention in the way SC2 did because, shockingly, I played SC2 and enjoyed it. Playing BW was like pulling teeth. Getting it to run full stop was like pulling teeth. SC2 worked out of the box and given how new it is, is amazingly fun and balanced.



I call bullshit
And when was this?
Was this when Grrrr.. was the top foreigner? or Bisu rofl-stomped savior? or when SC2 came out? or when Kespa announced that they'll be having SC2 along with BW?

So you play and enjoy SC2 because you like easy stuff and can become good as the 'pros' you watch.


You obviously have no idea what you are talking about if you think anyone (or even most people rofl) can become as good as the pros you watch. I also find it funny how you quote "pros" like they aren't. Please you can hate sc2 all you want but please don't post something you know nothing about, it only makes you look silly.

I'll never understand why bw players can't just stop ripping on sc2 whenever its mentioned and sc2 players should not be saying bw is dying i agree, but you guys are no better either.


Have I?? Back in BW, none in their right minds would post serious blogs about them going trying to get into pro except for a handful of people like, Ret, Idra, Nony, etc. .. or maybe they might be trolling and they actually aren't serious. Who can really tell?

Nevertheless, SC2 as what the developers are trying to do, is making it as casual-friendly as much as possible to attract players to buy their games.

Regarding the 'pros', I do not mean those who are really earning big and playing at a really high level, not at all. What I'm trying to demean are those who think they are good, would earn money by coaching and donation calling themselves 'pros', those types of people.
It's either the holes of my nose are getting smaller or my fingers are getting bigger. /// Always Rooting for the Underdog. Hyuk/Sin/Jaehoon/Juni/Hyvva/Hoejja/Canata //// Hiding in thread somewhere where BW is still in it's pure form here on TL.
Zergneedsfood
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10671 Posts
April 16 2012 10:39 GMT
#1805
On April 16 2012 14:22 blade55555 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2012 10:46 shaftofpleasure wrote:
On April 16 2012 08:29 Evangelist wrote:



No offence but given the amount of crap on this site directed from so called BW fans towards those of us who have the temerity to like its sequel and enjoy watching it... It's a bit rich to suddenly expect it. We've had BW fanbois going on about the immensely superior mechanics of their players, the better units, the better control, the better interface, the fact that somehow none of our pros would hold a candle to their pros while conveniently glossing over the fact that major BW pros have already crossed over and gotten slammed by SC2 pros.

For the record, I enjoyed watching BW when it was a major event but it has never been particularly interesting to the western scene and it never grabbed my attention in the way SC2 did because, shockingly, I played SC2 and enjoyed it. Playing BW was like pulling teeth. Getting it to run full stop was like pulling teeth. SC2 worked out of the box and given how new it is, is amazingly fun and balanced.



I call bullshit
And when was this?
Was this when Grrrr.. was the top foreigner? or Bisu rofl-stomped savior? or when SC2 came out? or when Kespa announced that they'll be having SC2 along with BW?

So you play and enjoy SC2 because you like easy stuff and can become good as the 'pros' you watch.


You obviously have no idea what you are talking about if you think anyone (or even most people rofl) can become as good as the pros you watch. I also find it funny how you quote "pros" like they aren't. Please you can hate sc2 all you want but please don't post something you know nothing about, it only makes you look silly.

I'll never understand why bw players can't just stop ripping on sc2 whenever its mentioned and sc2 players should not be saying bw is dying i agree, but you guys are no better either.


I disagree. Most of us stay around here in our BW forums talking about BW, celebrating whenever there's a little opportunity, and then reacting when people come in here and either

a) post dumb troll comments
b) talk about SC2 growing and saying "yay", when we don't want anything to do with it

I don't know why there's this argument that the two sides are both equally responsible when in reality there are very few BW players that I've actually seen on this forum going out of their way to bash SC2 unless they've been provoked by people coming in here and talking about SC2 expansion as if it's another reason to accept the status quo.

I agree that that there are people on both sides that do dumb thing, but it's in no way equal.
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Make a contract with me and join TLADT | Onodera isn't actually a girl, she's just a doormat you walk over to get to the girl. - Numy 2015
Ribbon
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5278 Posts
April 16 2012 11:46 GMT
#1806
On April 16 2012 15:12 shaftofpleasure wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2012 14:22 blade55555 wrote:
On April 16 2012 10:46 shaftofpleasure wrote:
On April 16 2012 08:29 Evangelist wrote:



No offence but given the amount of crap on this site directed from so called BW fans towards those of us who have the temerity to like its sequel and enjoy watching it... It's a bit rich to suddenly expect it. We've had BW fanbois going on about the immensely superior mechanics of their players, the better units, the better control, the better interface, the fact that somehow none of our pros would hold a candle to their pros while conveniently glossing over the fact that major BW pros have already crossed over and gotten slammed by SC2 pros.

For the record, I enjoyed watching BW when it was a major event but it has never been particularly interesting to the western scene and it never grabbed my attention in the way SC2 did because, shockingly, I played SC2 and enjoyed it. Playing BW was like pulling teeth. Getting it to run full stop was like pulling teeth. SC2 worked out of the box and given how new it is, is amazingly fun and balanced.



I call bullshit
And when was this?
Was this when Grrrr.. was the top foreigner? or Bisu rofl-stomped savior? or when SC2 came out? or when Kespa announced that they'll be having SC2 along with BW?

So you play and enjoy SC2 because you like easy stuff and can become good as the 'pros' you watch.


You obviously have no idea what you are talking about if you think anyone (or even most people rofl) can become as good as the pros you watch. I also find it funny how you quote "pros" like they aren't. Please you can hate sc2 all you want but please don't post something you know nothing about, it only makes you look silly.

I'll never understand why bw players can't just stop ripping on sc2 whenever its mentioned and sc2 players should not be saying bw is dying i agree, but you guys are no better either.


Have I?? Back in BW, none in their right minds would post serious blogs about them going trying to get into pro except for a handful of people like, Ret, Idra, Nony, etc. .. or maybe they might be trolling and they actually aren't serious. Who can really tell?




I don't think any of those people ever actually accomplished anything. The only no-name to break out and make a name for herself was Scarlett, and that's because she was just quietly playing 20 games a day trying to get a ride to a tournament.

Nevertheless, SC2 as what the developers are trying to do, is making it as casual-friendly as much as possible to attract players to buy their games.


I don't think "casual-friendly" and "pro-friendly" really have to be opposed. If there's an easy way that kind of works and a hard way that works better, then the pros'd always do the better one. Like, in BW, you don't really need to split your workers, it's just better. So I don't think SC2's issue is that it's too easy to have all your workers mining (and, let's be honest, manual mine in BW doesn't add anything to the game except an APM sink), it's that there aren't enough little edges to eek out to beat people doing things the easy way.

There was a very slow increase in mechanical skill in SC2 just because people were realizing that "If I micro better, I can cut a marine here and get a banshee out faster", and timings started getting tighter, and people realized they didn't need to make maruaders to tank baneling hits (as they used to do) if they learned marine splits etc etc. But there's just not enough of that. HotS supposedly adds a little mechanical skill just by having more interesting units, and FRB maps add a little more, but SC2 will never require as much mechanical skill as BW, because the absolute best that'll ever possibly happen is the exact same micro potential and none of the arbitrary manual mine crap, but BW fans LIKE the manual-mine because it adds APM, even though it's not really fun.

SC2 could never have made BW fans happy, because even "it's exactly like BW but with MBS and Automine" would've been heretical, and requiring manual mine would've simply been absurd for a game released in 2010. Most of BW's skill comes from fighting against a terrible UI, and that was never going to happen in a modern game. There just wasn't enough to replace it.

Regarding the 'pros', I do not mean those who are really earning big and playing at a really high level, not at all. What I'm trying to demean are those who think they are good, would earn money by coaching and donation calling themselves 'pros', those types of people.


I don't think any of those people have ever beaten anyone of even slight noteworthyness.
Sawamura
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Malaysia7602 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-16 11:51:17
April 16 2012 11:50 GMT
#1807
SC2 could never have made BW fans happy, because even "it's exactly like BW but with MBS and Automine"


Nope sc2 isn't exactly like bw because I don't have vultures and medic, game also is in 3d and my units are clump with sticky glue when I put them in a control group .
BW/KT Forever R.I.P KT.Violet dearly missed ..
Ribbon
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5278 Posts
April 16 2012 12:01 GMT
#1808
On April 16 2012 20:50 Sawamura wrote:
Show nested quote +
SC2 could never have made BW fans happy, because even "it's exactly like BW but with MBS and Automine"


Nope sc2 isn't exactly like bw because I don't have vultures and medic, game also is in 3d and my units are clump with sticky glue when I put them in a control group .


Sorry, I forgot the if. Even IF it was exactly like BW except MBS and Automine, BW players would still hate it. Obviously, it isn't like that in reality.
Sawamura
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Malaysia7602 Posts
April 16 2012 12:04 GMT
#1809
On April 16 2012 21:01 Ribbon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2012 20:50 Sawamura wrote:
SC2 could never have made BW fans happy, because even "it's exactly like BW but with MBS and Automine"


Nope sc2 isn't exactly like bw because I don't have vultures and medic, game also is in 3d and my units are clump with sticky glue when I put them in a control group .


Sorry, I forgot the if. Even IF it was exactly like BW except MBS and Automine, BW players would still hate it. Obviously, it isn't like that in reality.


I tend to like a 2d games more for RTS like bw and heck even back than I didn't like wc3 as much as wc 2 . Maybe I have something against 3d rts games .
BW/KT Forever R.I.P KT.Violet dearly missed ..
Zergneedsfood
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10671 Posts
April 16 2012 12:54 GMT
#1810
On April 16 2012 21:01 Ribbon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2012 20:50 Sawamura wrote:
SC2 could never have made BW fans happy, because even "it's exactly like BW but with MBS and Automine"


Nope sc2 isn't exactly like bw because I don't have vultures and medic, game also is in 3d and my units are clump with sticky glue when I put them in a control group .


Sorry, I forgot the if. Even IF it was exactly like BW except MBS and Automine, BW players would still hate it. Obviously, it isn't like that in reality.


What? Not true at all. Most of us were excited as hell even during Beta.
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Make a contract with me and join TLADT | Onodera isn't actually a girl, she's just a doormat you walk over to get to the girl. - Numy 2015
Asha
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom38257 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-16 13:19:54
April 16 2012 13:18 GMT
#1811
On April 16 2012 21:54 Zergneedsfood wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2012 21:01 Ribbon wrote:
On April 16 2012 20:50 Sawamura wrote:
SC2 could never have made BW fans happy, because even "it's exactly like BW but with MBS and Automine"


Nope sc2 isn't exactly like bw because I don't have vultures and medic, game also is in 3d and my units are clump with sticky glue when I put them in a control group .


Sorry, I forgot the if. Even IF it was exactly like BW except MBS and Automine, BW players would still hate it. Obviously, it isn't like that in reality.


What? Not true at all. Most of us were excited as hell even during Beta.


You'd still get some. Hell there's some dota players that profess not to like dota 2 because of very minor engine differences despite being a direct port in most regards.
Vuk_91
Profile Joined September 2010
Serbia1690 Posts
April 16 2012 13:21 GMT
#1812
On April 16 2012 22:18 Asha` wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2012 21:54 Zergneedsfood wrote:
On April 16 2012 21:01 Ribbon wrote:
On April 16 2012 20:50 Sawamura wrote:
SC2 could never have made BW fans happy, because even "it's exactly like BW but with MBS and Automine"


Nope sc2 isn't exactly like bw because I don't have vultures and medic, game also is in 3d and my units are clump with sticky glue when I put them in a control group .


Sorry, I forgot the if. Even IF it was exactly like BW except MBS and Automine, BW players would still hate it. Obviously, it isn't like that in reality.


What? Not true at all. Most of us were excited as hell even during Beta.


You'd still get some. Hell there's some dota players that profess not to like dota 2 because of very minor engine differences despite being a direct port in most regards.

And you find someone not liking dota 2 strange because of...?
bgx
Profile Joined August 2010
Poland6595 Posts
April 16 2012 13:23 GMT
#1813
On April 16 2012 22:18 Asha` wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2012 21:54 Zergneedsfood wrote:
On April 16 2012 21:01 Ribbon wrote:
On April 16 2012 20:50 Sawamura wrote:
SC2 could never have made BW fans happy, because even "it's exactly like BW but with MBS and Automine"


Nope sc2 isn't exactly like bw because I don't have vultures and medic, game also is in 3d and my units are clump with sticky glue when I put them in a control group .


Sorry, I forgot the if. Even IF it was exactly like BW except MBS and Automine, BW players would still hate it. Obviously, it isn't like that in reality.


What? Not true at all. Most of us were excited as hell even during Beta.


You'd still get some. Hell there's some dota players that profess not to like dota 2 because of very minor engine differences despite being a direct port in most regards.

And its still valid. Some people cant stand the fact that their keyboard is 0.5 cm off(FLASH :D), and we should be ok with that. Its all subjective. Yet there are certain values that are clear, like engine difference between BW and SC2, it already makes the game feel completely different.
Stork[gm]
Asha
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom38257 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-16 13:25:09
April 16 2012 13:24 GMT
#1814
On April 16 2012 22:21 Vuk_91 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2012 22:18 Asha` wrote:
On April 16 2012 21:54 Zergneedsfood wrote:
On April 16 2012 21:01 Ribbon wrote:
On April 16 2012 20:50 Sawamura wrote:
SC2 could never have made BW fans happy, because even "it's exactly like BW but with MBS and Automine"


Nope sc2 isn't exactly like bw because I don't have vultures and medic, game also is in 3d and my units are clump with sticky glue when I put them in a control group .


Sorry, I forgot the if. Even IF it was exactly like BW except MBS and Automine, BW players would still hate it. Obviously, it isn't like that in reality.


What? Not true at all. Most of us were excited as hell even during Beta.


You'd still get some. Hell there's some dota players that profess not to like dota 2 because of very minor engine differences despite being a direct port in most regards.

And you find someone not liking dota 2 strange because of...?


I don't, people can like what they want to like. Just offering another example that suggests that no matter how close the sequel to starcraft ended up being that not everyone would have been happy.
bgx
Profile Joined August 2010
Poland6595 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-16 13:25:41
April 16 2012 13:25 GMT
#1815
On April 16 2012 22:24 Asha` wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2012 22:21 Vuk_91 wrote:
On April 16 2012 22:18 Asha` wrote:
On April 16 2012 21:54 Zergneedsfood wrote:
On April 16 2012 21:01 Ribbon wrote:
On April 16 2012 20:50 Sawamura wrote:
SC2 could never have made BW fans happy, because even "it's exactly like BW but with MBS and Automine"


Nope sc2 isn't exactly like bw because I don't have vultures and medic, game also is in 3d and my units are clump with sticky glue when I put them in a control group .


Sorry, I forgot the if. Even IF it was exactly like BW except MBS and Automine, BW players would still hate it. Obviously, it isn't like that in reality.


What? Not true at all. Most of us were excited as hell even during Beta.


You'd still get some. Hell there's some dota players that profess not to like dota 2 because of very minor engine differences despite being a direct port in most regards.

And you find someone not liking dota 2 strange because of...?


I don't, people can like what they want to like. Just offering another example that suggests no matter how close 2 game versions are that some people will not be satisfied regardless.

But BW and SC2 are not even close to being similar(besides general concepts) so there is no point in discussing hypothetical issues few individuals would have.
Stork[gm]
Asha
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom38257 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-16 13:29:52
April 16 2012 13:28 GMT
#1816
On April 16 2012 22:25 bgx wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2012 22:24 Asha` wrote:
On April 16 2012 22:21 Vuk_91 wrote:
On April 16 2012 22:18 Asha` wrote:
On April 16 2012 21:54 Zergneedsfood wrote:
On April 16 2012 21:01 Ribbon wrote:
On April 16 2012 20:50 Sawamura wrote:
SC2 could never have made BW fans happy, because even "it's exactly like BW but with MBS and Automine"


Nope sc2 isn't exactly like bw because I don't have vultures and medic, game also is in 3d and my units are clump with sticky glue when I put them in a control group .


Sorry, I forgot the if. Even IF it was exactly like BW except MBS and Automine, BW players would still hate it. Obviously, it isn't like that in reality.


What? Not true at all. Most of us were excited as hell even during Beta.


You'd still get some. Hell there's some dota players that profess not to like dota 2 because of very minor engine differences despite being a direct port in most regards.

And you find someone not liking dota 2 strange because of...?


I don't, people can like what they want to like. Just offering another example that suggests no matter how close 2 game versions are that some people will not be satisfied regardless.

But BW and SC2 are not even close to being similar(besides general concepts) so there is no point in discussing hypothetical issues few individuals would have.


I'm aware they're very different games lol, I just thought that given the discussion of the previous few posts it might be a useful comparison ^^ It is wandering rather off topic on the general track of recent news discussion though I guess.
ninini
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden1204 Posts
April 16 2012 13:35 GMT
#1817
I wonder what the players must be thinking. Why don't they transition into chess or LOL instead. I mean, the scene was built on BW, so you can't replace it with something else, except maybe a BW clone. You run two leagues together and then when BW isn't popular anymore, you stop. If they are so adamant on introducing SC2, they might as well just throw BW in the garbage bin altogether.
bgx
Profile Joined August 2010
Poland6595 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-16 13:43:30
April 16 2012 13:36 GMT
#1818
On April 16 2012 22:28 Asha` wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2012 22:25 bgx wrote:
On April 16 2012 22:24 Asha` wrote:
On April 16 2012 22:21 Vuk_91 wrote:
On April 16 2012 22:18 Asha` wrote:
On April 16 2012 21:54 Zergneedsfood wrote:
On April 16 2012 21:01 Ribbon wrote:
On April 16 2012 20:50 Sawamura wrote:
SC2 could never have made BW fans happy, because even "it's exactly like BW but with MBS and Automine"


Nope sc2 isn't exactly like bw because I don't have vultures and medic, game also is in 3d and my units are clump with sticky glue when I put them in a control group .


Sorry, I forgot the if. Even IF it was exactly like BW except MBS and Automine, BW players would still hate it. Obviously, it isn't like that in reality.


What? Not true at all. Most of us were excited as hell even during Beta.


You'd still get some. Hell there's some dota players that profess not to like dota 2 because of very minor engine differences despite being a direct port in most regards.

And you find someone not liking dota 2 strange because of...?


I don't, people can like what they want to like. Just offering another example that suggests no matter how close 2 game versions are that some people will not be satisfied regardless.

But BW and SC2 are not even close to being similar(besides general concepts) so there is no point in discussing hypothetical issues few individuals would have.


I'm aware they're very different games lol, I just thought that given the discussion of the previous few posts it might be a useful comparison ^^ It is wandering rather off topic on the general track of recent news discussion though I guess.

I know i know, there are idiots everywhere, who just wait for a moment to shine, there are many uneducated BW posters aswell who never ventured into SC2 themselfs but in all honesty i believe BW vs SC2 should be treated like Soccer vs Basketball discussion, it would give at least some breathing room for both sides, if they accepted 1 is different than the other, problem being is both SC2 and BW are "Starcrafts" and have identical general concept, which is already big enough "reason" to sustain eternal BW vs SC2 discussion till SC3 comes out and join the fray.

Honestly im losing all my powers while discussing it, im repeating myself from few months ago, and everyone is basicaly repeteaing some or themselves its getting annoying. Someone should make FAQ thread about BW AND SC2 so everyone would be at least at the minimum level of understanding so we will avoid repeating the same question(or uneducated sarcasm attempt) - answer scenarios.

BW vs SC2 feels like reddit, everyday the same but everyday the shocker for someone.
Stork[gm]
xBillehx
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States1289 Posts
April 16 2012 13:42 GMT
#1819
Since the other thread was closed, could we maybe have the OP updated so people don't have to wade through 90 pages of "my game is better than your game" arguments to find the interviews and translations of the most recent articles?

For instance, the Team 8 coach's interview here, (Summarized by rotinegg here)
The Fomos and DES/MBCplus mirror, (Summarized by white_horse here and here)
and the newest article the now closed thread was based on here.
Taengoo ♥
Funnytoss
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Taiwan1471 Posts
April 16 2012 13:44 GMT
#1820
On April 16 2012 22:35 ninini wrote:
I wonder what the players must be thinking. Why don't they transition into chess or LOL instead. I mean, the scene was built on BW, so you can't replace it with something else, except maybe a BW clone. You run two leagues together and then when BW isn't popular anymore, you stop. If they are so adamant on introducing SC2, they might as well just throw BW in the garbage bin altogether.


Actually, throwing BW under the bus appears to be the plan. But first, they must exploit what remains of it to promote a game that isn't that popular yet in Korea.
AIV_Funnytoss and sGs.Funnytoss on iCCup
Prev 1 89 90 91 92 93 103 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
ZZZero.O92
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason95
Railgan 49
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16411
Dewaltoss 163
ggaemo 135
Hyuk 123
firebathero 100
ZZZero.O 92
Mini 26
Terrorterran 21
Dota 2
febbydoto37
League of Legends
Doublelift2336
Counter-Strike
Fnx 940
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5203
crisheroes903
Other Games
summit1g5195
FrodaN2677
fl0m979
Beastyqt784
mouzStarbuck441
KnowMe300
ArmadaUGS138
Mew2King59
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1205
BasetradeTV208
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream53
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 97
• Adnapsc2 21
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 50
• 80smullet 20
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 10434
Other Games
• imaqtpie816
• Shiphtur254
• tFFMrPink 21
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 39m
INu's Battles
15h 39m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
18h 39m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 39m
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 39m
Replay Cast
1d 2h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 13h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 14h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 19h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.