• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:21
CEST 22:21
KST 05:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8531 users

Rumors on SC Proleague Season 2 - Page 89

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 87 88 89 90 91 103 Next
Testuser
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
6469 Posts
April 15 2012 03:13 GMT
#1761
On April 15 2012 12:07 Xiphos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2012 11:43 Testuser wrote:
On April 15 2012 09:02 Kiett wrote:
I think you're grossly overestimating how much the masses care about the little guys on the scene. The truth is, they don't. We have an OSL chock full of storylines going on right now, from Hiya, who's fighting his way without a team, to Roro, the inheritor of the mighty Bisu-slaying title, to Hyuk, who'd like for once to not get knocked out of the Ro8 by Fantasy, to Fantasy himself, who'd like to prove once and for all that he's not just Oov's puppet. But nobody but the people who are already fans know or care about these names. No random SC2 fan is going to watch Modesty make the Ro4 again and go, "WOAH, I love BW now that I know that every player has his own interesting background, even though that's always been the case, and I've totally ignored the fact that the scene has over a decade of rich, fascinating history!" In the end, it's headlines like "Flash's 14 game win-streak finally ends" and "Flash loses 2 games in PL finals" that get 500+ upvotes on reddit, not "Hyuk makes his 4th consecutive OSL." Face it, you might like Hyuk, but nobody outside of the BW scene knows or cares about him. We're not going to suddenly get new BW fans because Grape just made a royal road run or SoO finally sheds the stereotype of the SKT zerg and wins gold.


Thank you Kiett, that was a good post.


I have always liked BW, but I never watched it till about a year ago. I played it, but I had horrible memories from when I started wanting to play online; I played two matches, each completely killed all of me that wanted to try to play a lot of BW (this is 8-9 years ago).

SC2 is easier to watch, but unlike the people that disregard BW and just views it as the predecessor, I grasp that it is another, amazing game.

But despite that, it's still hard to really "love". I have, as I said, been watch a lot of it for the past year. Not all of it, but I have been watch for hours each week. I've been following proleague, I've been watching Sayle's stream (which I really like, I'm quite sad he isn't streaming a lot anymore) and I even took up my old BW in an all new attempt to complete the campaign.

What I'm trying to say is: I have really tried to fall in love with BW.

And while I do like it, as Kiett so diplomatically said, I just don't get it. And I feel like it's tough for people, that haven't followed the game for years and years, or really spendt a tremendous amount of time trying to understand the game, to get it. So while SC2 fans might seem ignorant and disrespectful of your amazing game, please understand it's because we just don't get it. What most people understand, is that you're trying to say that down is the new up. It just doesn't make sense. And some people, being the dicks that they are, just attempt to troll you, and of course that just leads to bad situations. I'll be, that most of the SC2 people actually are genuinely interested in BW, but they've just given up. It's too hard to understand, play comfortable, and they probably realize, that they'll never get to where you are.

TL:DR I hope that made sense, that's how I see this whole ordeal. Have a wonderful life.


Then by all means, SC2 fans don't come over and trash our long beloved game Do you know how hurtful it is when one of your absolute favorite hobbies is in the process of crumbling down like a shard of cards? No I won't even use the term 'hobbie' as my arguement, I have to say that after countless of time to habitually get up late and night, snuke on computers while my roomates are sound asleep and hear Koreans commentators screaming their lungs out of pure, undefiled passion. For many of us, this have been a vital key to our lifestyle that I refuse to say that I am believer in atheism! Just be empathetic toward our anguish and let us take joy in this activity w/o interference.

+ Show Spoiler +
pretty please


I think those without the respect are the ones I called "bad trolls" most people do by no means not want you to enjoy your game, I refuse to believe that that is the case.
https://soundcloud.com/papercranesdk
Xiphos
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada7507 Posts
April 15 2012 03:16 GMT
#1762
On April 15 2012 12:13 Testuser wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2012 12:07 Xiphos wrote:
On April 15 2012 11:43 Testuser wrote:
On April 15 2012 09:02 Kiett wrote:
I think you're grossly overestimating how much the masses care about the little guys on the scene. The truth is, they don't. We have an OSL chock full of storylines going on right now, from Hiya, who's fighting his way without a team, to Roro, the inheritor of the mighty Bisu-slaying title, to Hyuk, who'd like for once to not get knocked out of the Ro8 by Fantasy, to Fantasy himself, who'd like to prove once and for all that he's not just Oov's puppet. But nobody but the people who are already fans know or care about these names. No random SC2 fan is going to watch Modesty make the Ro4 again and go, "WOAH, I love BW now that I know that every player has his own interesting background, even though that's always been the case, and I've totally ignored the fact that the scene has over a decade of rich, fascinating history!" In the end, it's headlines like "Flash's 14 game win-streak finally ends" and "Flash loses 2 games in PL finals" that get 500+ upvotes on reddit, not "Hyuk makes his 4th consecutive OSL." Face it, you might like Hyuk, but nobody outside of the BW scene knows or cares about him. We're not going to suddenly get new BW fans because Grape just made a royal road run or SoO finally sheds the stereotype of the SKT zerg and wins gold.


Thank you Kiett, that was a good post.


I have always liked BW, but I never watched it till about a year ago. I played it, but I had horrible memories from when I started wanting to play online; I played two matches, each completely killed all of me that wanted to try to play a lot of BW (this is 8-9 years ago).

SC2 is easier to watch, but unlike the people that disregard BW and just views it as the predecessor, I grasp that it is another, amazing game.

But despite that, it's still hard to really "love". I have, as I said, been watch a lot of it for the past year. Not all of it, but I have been watch for hours each week. I've been following proleague, I've been watching Sayle's stream (which I really like, I'm quite sad he isn't streaming a lot anymore) and I even took up my old BW in an all new attempt to complete the campaign.

What I'm trying to say is: I have really tried to fall in love with BW.

And while I do like it, as Kiett so diplomatically said, I just don't get it. And I feel like it's tough for people, that haven't followed the game for years and years, or really spendt a tremendous amount of time trying to understand the game, to get it. So while SC2 fans might seem ignorant and disrespectful of your amazing game, please understand it's because we just don't get it. What most people understand, is that you're trying to say that down is the new up. It just doesn't make sense. And some people, being the dicks that they are, just attempt to troll you, and of course that just leads to bad situations. I'll be, that most of the SC2 people actually are genuinely interested in BW, but they've just given up. It's too hard to understand, play comfortable, and they probably realize, that they'll never get to where you are.

TL:DR I hope that made sense, that's how I see this whole ordeal. Have a wonderful life.


Then by all means, SC2 fans don't come over and trash our long beloved game Do you know how hurtful it is when one of your absolute favorite hobbies is in the process of crumbling down like a shard of cards? No I won't even use the term 'hobbie' as my arguement, I have to say that after countless of time to habitually get up late and night, snuke on computers while my roomates are sound asleep and hear Koreans commentators screaming their lungs out of pure, undefiled passion. For many of us, this have been a vital key to our lifestyle that I refuse to say that I am believer in atheism! Just be empathetic toward our anguish and let us take joy in this activity w/o interference.

+ Show Spoiler +
pretty please


I think those without the respect are the ones I called "bad trolls" most people do by no means not want you to enjoy your game, I refuse to believe that that is the case.


Then tell me why do I need more than a handful to take count of how many "Lol SC2 IS TAKING OVER, BW IS DEAD!" from a majority of poster sampling with no prior BW history?
2014 - ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ Raise your bows brood warriors! ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ
Testuser
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
6469 Posts
April 15 2012 03:21 GMT
#1763
On April 15 2012 12:16 Xiphos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2012 12:13 Testuser wrote:
On April 15 2012 12:07 Xiphos wrote:
On April 15 2012 11:43 Testuser wrote:
On April 15 2012 09:02 Kiett wrote:
I think you're grossly overestimating how much the masses care about the little guys on the scene. The truth is, they don't. We have an OSL chock full of storylines going on right now, from Hiya, who's fighting his way without a team, to Roro, the inheritor of the mighty Bisu-slaying title, to Hyuk, who'd like for once to not get knocked out of the Ro8 by Fantasy, to Fantasy himself, who'd like to prove once and for all that he's not just Oov's puppet. But nobody but the people who are already fans know or care about these names. No random SC2 fan is going to watch Modesty make the Ro4 again and go, "WOAH, I love BW now that I know that every player has his own interesting background, even though that's always been the case, and I've totally ignored the fact that the scene has over a decade of rich, fascinating history!" In the end, it's headlines like "Flash's 14 game win-streak finally ends" and "Flash loses 2 games in PL finals" that get 500+ upvotes on reddit, not "Hyuk makes his 4th consecutive OSL." Face it, you might like Hyuk, but nobody outside of the BW scene knows or cares about him. We're not going to suddenly get new BW fans because Grape just made a royal road run or SoO finally sheds the stereotype of the SKT zerg and wins gold.


Thank you Kiett, that was a good post.


I have always liked BW, but I never watched it till about a year ago. I played it, but I had horrible memories from when I started wanting to play online; I played two matches, each completely killed all of me that wanted to try to play a lot of BW (this is 8-9 years ago).

SC2 is easier to watch, but unlike the people that disregard BW and just views it as the predecessor, I grasp that it is another, amazing game.

But despite that, it's still hard to really "love". I have, as I said, been watch a lot of it for the past year. Not all of it, but I have been watch for hours each week. I've been following proleague, I've been watching Sayle's stream (which I really like, I'm quite sad he isn't streaming a lot anymore) and I even took up my old BW in an all new attempt to complete the campaign.

What I'm trying to say is: I have really tried to fall in love with BW.

And while I do like it, as Kiett so diplomatically said, I just don't get it. And I feel like it's tough for people, that haven't followed the game for years and years, or really spendt a tremendous amount of time trying to understand the game, to get it. So while SC2 fans might seem ignorant and disrespectful of your amazing game, please understand it's because we just don't get it. What most people understand, is that you're trying to say that down is the new up. It just doesn't make sense. And some people, being the dicks that they are, just attempt to troll you, and of course that just leads to bad situations. I'll be, that most of the SC2 people actually are genuinely interested in BW, but they've just given up. It's too hard to understand, play comfortable, and they probably realize, that they'll never get to where you are.

TL:DR I hope that made sense, that's how I see this whole ordeal. Have a wonderful life.


Then by all means, SC2 fans don't come over and trash our long beloved game Do you know how hurtful it is when one of your absolute favorite hobbies is in the process of crumbling down like a shard of cards? No I won't even use the term 'hobbie' as my arguement, I have to say that after countless of time to habitually get up late and night, snuke on computers while my roomates are sound asleep and hear Koreans commentators screaming their lungs out of pure, undefiled passion. For many of us, this have been a vital key to our lifestyle that I refuse to say that I am believer in atheism! Just be empathetic toward our anguish and let us take joy in this activity w/o interference.

+ Show Spoiler +
pretty please


I think those without the respect are the ones I called "bad trolls" most people do by no means not want you to enjoy your game, I refuse to believe that that is the case.


Then tell me why do I need more than a handful to take count of how many "Lol SC2 IS TAKING OVER, BW IS DEAD!" from a majority of poster sampling with no prior BW history?


Some people are stupid, and I for one am not going to defend those trolls The only way they gain power is when you listen to them. You're aware of the state BW is in much more than they are, so why listen to their ignorant, pointless rants?

Sadly, the state the internet is in these days makes it so we pretty much always will have trolls around.
https://soundcloud.com/papercranesdk
Xiphos
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada7507 Posts
April 15 2012 03:42 GMT
#1764
On April 15 2012 12:21 Testuser wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2012 12:16 Xiphos wrote:
On April 15 2012 12:13 Testuser wrote:
On April 15 2012 12:07 Xiphos wrote:
On April 15 2012 11:43 Testuser wrote:
On April 15 2012 09:02 Kiett wrote:
I think you're grossly overestimating how much the masses care about the little guys on the scene. The truth is, they don't. We have an OSL chock full of storylines going on right now, from Hiya, who's fighting his way without a team, to Roro, the inheritor of the mighty Bisu-slaying title, to Hyuk, who'd like for once to not get knocked out of the Ro8 by Fantasy, to Fantasy himself, who'd like to prove once and for all that he's not just Oov's puppet. But nobody but the people who are already fans know or care about these names. No random SC2 fan is going to watch Modesty make the Ro4 again and go, "WOAH, I love BW now that I know that every player has his own interesting background, even though that's always been the case, and I've totally ignored the fact that the scene has over a decade of rich, fascinating history!" In the end, it's headlines like "Flash's 14 game win-streak finally ends" and "Flash loses 2 games in PL finals" that get 500+ upvotes on reddit, not "Hyuk makes his 4th consecutive OSL." Face it, you might like Hyuk, but nobody outside of the BW scene knows or cares about him. We're not going to suddenly get new BW fans because Grape just made a royal road run or SoO finally sheds the stereotype of the SKT zerg and wins gold.


Thank you Kiett, that was a good post.


I have always liked BW, but I never watched it till about a year ago. I played it, but I had horrible memories from when I started wanting to play online; I played two matches, each completely killed all of me that wanted to try to play a lot of BW (this is 8-9 years ago).

SC2 is easier to watch, but unlike the people that disregard BW and just views it as the predecessor, I grasp that it is another, amazing game.

But despite that, it's still hard to really "love". I have, as I said, been watch a lot of it for the past year. Not all of it, but I have been watch for hours each week. I've been following proleague, I've been watching Sayle's stream (which I really like, I'm quite sad he isn't streaming a lot anymore) and I even took up my old BW in an all new attempt to complete the campaign.

What I'm trying to say is: I have really tried to fall in love with BW.

And while I do like it, as Kiett so diplomatically said, I just don't get it. And I feel like it's tough for people, that haven't followed the game for years and years, or really spendt a tremendous amount of time trying to understand the game, to get it. So while SC2 fans might seem ignorant and disrespectful of your amazing game, please understand it's because we just don't get it. What most people understand, is that you're trying to say that down is the new up. It just doesn't make sense. And some people, being the dicks that they are, just attempt to troll you, and of course that just leads to bad situations. I'll be, that most of the SC2 people actually are genuinely interested in BW, but they've just given up. It's too hard to understand, play comfortable, and they probably realize, that they'll never get to where you are.

TL:DR I hope that made sense, that's how I see this whole ordeal. Have a wonderful life.


Then by all means, SC2 fans don't come over and trash our long beloved game Do you know how hurtful it is when one of your absolute favorite hobbies is in the process of crumbling down like a shard of cards? No I won't even use the term 'hobbie' as my arguement, I have to say that after countless of time to habitually get up late and night, snuke on computers while my roomates are sound asleep and hear Koreans commentators screaming their lungs out of pure, undefiled passion. For many of us, this have been a vital key to our lifestyle that I refuse to say that I am believer in atheism! Just be empathetic toward our anguish and let us take joy in this activity w/o interference.

+ Show Spoiler +
pretty please


I think those without the respect are the ones I called "bad trolls" most people do by no means not want you to enjoy your game, I refuse to believe that that is the case.


Then tell me why do I need more than a handful to take count of how many "Lol SC2 IS TAKING OVER, BW IS DEAD!" from a majority of poster sampling with no prior BW history?


Some people are stupid, and I for one am not going to defend those trolls The only way they gain power is when you listen to them. You're aware of the state BW is in much more than they are, so why listen to their ignorant, pointless rants?

Sadly, the state the internet is in these days makes it so we pretty much always will have trolls around.


I have been trying to ignore those people with the utmost effort so far. But when you are visiting a site that you frequent nearly everyday, you are bond to find yourself looking over the concurrent messages across the board. As much as I have tried to remain calm as the salt stirs out in these unhealed wound, by the end of it, the damage is only exacerbating.
2014 - ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ Raise your bows brood warriors! ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ
ShadeR
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7535 Posts
April 15 2012 03:44 GMT
#1765
I got to say. That guy is an excellent troll...
6NR
Profile Joined March 2012
United States1472 Posts
April 15 2012 04:53 GMT
#1766
I want BW and SC2 separate. PLease Kespa dont do this.
Piste
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
6183 Posts
April 15 2012 05:11 GMT
#1767
well, this is it for me. I've had great times in my childhood playing this game, and for a few years I've only followed proscene. It's unbelievable how long brood war lived. and it still does! Great times, great game.

I'm grown up man now, and I'm not interested in wasting time to games any other than watching brood war (and some casual poker with friends). I've tried to get interested playing/following the SC2 scene, but never got into it. I do not want to be forced watch it anymore.

Thanks BW for everything.
Grampz
Profile Joined November 2010
United States2147 Posts
April 15 2012 06:03 GMT
#1768
I really wish there were more behind the scenes reporters for E-sports. We need the latest in news, ALWAYS, when it comes to things like this
Abort Retry Fail
Profile Joined December 2011
2636 Posts
April 15 2012 06:15 GMT
#1769
When are we gonna know if this thing becomes official
BSOD
Luepert
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States1934 Posts
April 15 2012 06:26 GMT
#1770
I like starcraft.
esports
sc14s
Profile Joined March 2011
United States5052 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-15 06:36:47
April 15 2012 06:36 GMT
#1771
On April 15 2012 07:18 Taekwon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2012 06:54 BlackGosu wrote:
i watch both bw and sc2, and i have to say bw is just more interesting. there's so many ways to win, sc2 is just kinda stale cause everyone practically plays standard.


nvm, id like to recant my earlier statement.
this man is a genius.

9/10 for his trolling skills
entrust
Profile Joined February 2011
Poland196 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-15 08:30:28
April 15 2012 08:29 GMT
#1772
SC2 player here.
TBH I feel kinda bad with all this stuff, they have to change their game because BW will die sooner or later. SC2 is just bad and that's about it. The only thing that's better are the graphics (BW graphics just dated) and probably nothing more.
Few months before I was so excited about the possible switch, but now I must say I feel sorry for them (BW pros that is).
Chriscras
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)2812 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-15 09:50:28
April 15 2012 09:49 GMT
#1773
On April 15 2012 17:29 entrust wrote:
SC2 player here.
TBH I feel kinda bad with all this stuff, they have to change their game because BW will die sooner or later. SC2 is just bad and that's about it. The only thing that's better are the graphics (BW graphics just dated) and probably nothing more.
Few months before I was so excited about the possible switch, but now I must say I feel sorry for them (BW pros that is).


Has anyone considered rebuilding BW in SC2's map editor? That way if they play SC2 in the proleague BW could live on forever with updated graphics.

I mean seriously, look how passionate you guys are... I am sure someone out there could near-perfectly recreate the BW maps and unit mechanics.

EDIT: Kind of what they are doing with DOTA 2 and CS:GO no?
"En taro adun, Executor."
ragnorr
Profile Joined April 2011
Denmark6097 Posts
April 15 2012 09:54 GMT
#1774
On April 15 2012 18:49 Chriscras wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2012 17:29 entrust wrote:
SC2 player here.
TBH I feel kinda bad with all this stuff, they have to change their game because BW will die sooner or later. SC2 is just bad and that's about it. The only thing that's better are the graphics (BW graphics just dated) and probably nothing more.
Few months before I was so excited about the possible switch, but now I must say I feel sorry for them (BW pros that is).


Has anyone considered rebuilding BW in SC2's map editor? That way if they play SC2 in the proleague BW could live on forever with updated graphics.

I mean seriously, look how passionate you guys are... I am sure someone out there could near-perfectly recreate the BW maps and unit mechanics.

EDIT: Kind of what they are doing with DOTA 2 and CS:GO no?

There is SC2BW, problem it dosent have alot of the faults of the BW pathfinding(I belive muta stacking was a major problem) which made BW balanced
shaftofpleasure
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Korea (North)1375 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-15 10:17:37
April 15 2012 10:14 GMT
#1775
On April 15 2012 18:54 ragnorr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2012 18:49 Chriscras wrote:
On April 15 2012 17:29 entrust wrote:
SC2 player here.
TBH I feel kinda bad with all this stuff, they have to change their game because BW will die sooner or later. SC2 is just bad and that's about it. The only thing that's better are the graphics (BW graphics just dated) and probably nothing more.
Few months before I was so excited about the possible switch, but now I must say I feel sorry for them (BW pros that is).


Has anyone considered rebuilding BW in SC2's map editor? That way if they play SC2 in the proleague BW could live on forever with updated graphics.

I mean seriously, look how passionate you guys are... I am sure someone out there could near-perfectly recreate the BW maps and unit mechanics.

EDIT: Kind of what they are doing with DOTA 2 and CS:GO no?

There is SC2BW, problem it dosent have alot of the faults of the BW pathfinding(I belive muta stacking was a major problem) which made BW balanced


Pathfinding and muta stack made BW balance? lol

I seriously doubt the sincerity of most posters saying that they like BW but I really don't care about that. Most foreign BW fans loved SC2 when it was first announced. It was just that Blizzard and all(I can't stress this hard enough) the shit to the gamethey did made us hate it. I remembered when I so fucking hyped about it, too.

-Terrible maps
-Terrible handling of B.net 2.0
-Terrible Terrible game development:
  • Clumped units
  • No High Ground Advantage
  • Unlimited unit control (They could have atleast made it from 12 to 24 instead of maxing it.. I don't have beef with multi-building selection)
  • Balancing stuff to oblivion (and I mean, carriers-will-be-gone oblivion)

-Catering to casuals instead of professional players (They planned this to be a spectator sport! Who wants to waste their time watching scrubs?)

But that's long ago and nothing will come of my whining but implementing this .. this... stupidity that would ultimately replace BW. *sigh

If BW was bound to die, then what chance does SC2 have? With the looming success of LoL, I think SC2's future is pretty grim.
It's either the holes of my nose are getting smaller or my fingers are getting bigger. /// Always Rooting for the Underdog. Hyuk/Sin/Jaehoon/Juni/Hyvva/Hoejja/Canata //// Hiding in thread somewhere where BW is still in it's pure form here on TL.
wassbix
Profile Joined October 2009
Canada499 Posts
April 15 2012 11:02 GMT
#1776
On April 15 2012 19:14 shaftofpleasure wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2012 18:54 ragnorr wrote:
On April 15 2012 18:49 Chriscras wrote:
On April 15 2012 17:29 entrust wrote:
SC2 player here.
TBH I feel kinda bad with all this stuff, they have to change their game because BW will die sooner or later. SC2 is just bad and that's about it. The only thing that's better are the graphics (BW graphics just dated) and probably nothing more.
Few months before I was so excited about the possible switch, but now I must say I feel sorry for them (BW pros that is).


Has anyone considered rebuilding BW in SC2's map editor? That way if they play SC2 in the proleague BW could live on forever with updated graphics.

I mean seriously, look how passionate you guys are... I am sure someone out there could near-perfectly recreate the BW maps and unit mechanics.

EDIT: Kind of what they are doing with DOTA 2 and CS:GO no?

There is SC2BW, problem it dosent have alot of the faults of the BW pathfinding(I belive muta stacking was a major problem) which made BW balanced


Pathfinding and muta stack made BW balance? lol

.


ZvT would nearly be unwinnable without mutamicro. Even muta-less builds hinge upon the terran player accounting for possible threat of mutas.
shaftofpleasure
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Korea (North)1375 Posts
April 15 2012 12:42 GMT
#1777
On April 15 2012 20:02 wassbix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2012 19:14 shaftofpleasure wrote:
On April 15 2012 18:54 ragnorr wrote:
On April 15 2012 18:49 Chriscras wrote:
On April 15 2012 17:29 entrust wrote:
SC2 player here.
TBH I feel kinda bad with all this stuff, they have to change their game because BW will die sooner or later. SC2 is just bad and that's about it. The only thing that's better are the graphics (BW graphics just dated) and probably nothing more.
Few months before I was so excited about the possible switch, but now I must say I feel sorry for them (BW pros that is).


Has anyone considered rebuilding BW in SC2's map editor? That way if they play SC2 in the proleague BW could live on forever with updated graphics.

I mean seriously, look how passionate you guys are... I am sure someone out there could near-perfectly recreate the BW maps and unit mechanics.

EDIT: Kind of what they are doing with DOTA 2 and CS:GO no?

There is SC2BW, problem it dosent have alot of the faults of the BW pathfinding(I belive muta stacking was a major problem) which made BW balanced


Pathfinding and muta stack made BW balance? lol

.


ZvT would nearly be unwinnable without mutamicro. Even muta-less builds hinge upon the terran player accounting for possible threat of mutas.


ZvT is unwinnable if Zerg fails to obtain 3rd gas immediately, regardless of if there is muta-micro present or not.
It's either the holes of my nose are getting smaller or my fingers are getting bigger. /// Always Rooting for the Underdog. Hyuk/Sin/Jaehoon/Juni/Hyvva/Hoejja/Canata //// Hiding in thread somewhere where BW is still in it's pure form here on TL.
Grampz
Profile Joined November 2010
United States2147 Posts
April 15 2012 17:45 GMT
#1778
Hiya can't join a starcraft 2 team and play BW at the same time can he? Sorry for newb question
Zera
Profile Joined April 2010
Lithuania716 Posts
April 15 2012 19:02 GMT
#1779
On April 15 2012 21:42 shaftofpleasure wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2012 20:02 wassbix wrote:
On April 15 2012 19:14 shaftofpleasure wrote:
On April 15 2012 18:54 ragnorr wrote:
On April 15 2012 18:49 Chriscras wrote:
On April 15 2012 17:29 entrust wrote:
SC2 player here.
TBH I feel kinda bad with all this stuff, they have to change their game because BW will die sooner or later. SC2 is just bad and that's about it. The only thing that's better are the graphics (BW graphics just dated) and probably nothing more.
Few months before I was so excited about the possible switch, but now I must say I feel sorry for them (BW pros that is).


Has anyone considered rebuilding BW in SC2's map editor? That way if they play SC2 in the proleague BW could live on forever with updated graphics.

I mean seriously, look how passionate you guys are... I am sure someone out there could near-perfectly recreate the BW maps and unit mechanics.

EDIT: Kind of what they are doing with DOTA 2 and CS:GO no?

There is SC2BW, problem it dosent have alot of the faults of the BW pathfinding(I belive muta stacking was a major problem) which made BW balanced


Pathfinding and muta stack made BW balance? lol

.


ZvT would nearly be unwinnable without mutamicro. Even muta-less builds hinge upon the terran player accounting for possible threat of mutas.


ZvT is unwinnable if Zerg fails to obtain 3rd gas immediately, regardless of if there is muta-micro present or not.



But Z needs muta micro to win some time for establishing 3-rd base, so basically they need muta micro to win ^_^
#FPPS
amazingxkcd
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
GRAND OLD AMERICA16375 Posts
April 15 2012 19:18 GMT
#1780
On April 16 2012 04:02 Zera wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2012 21:42 shaftofpleasure wrote:
On April 15 2012 20:02 wassbix wrote:
On April 15 2012 19:14 shaftofpleasure wrote:
On April 15 2012 18:54 ragnorr wrote:
On April 15 2012 18:49 Chriscras wrote:
On April 15 2012 17:29 entrust wrote:
SC2 player here.
TBH I feel kinda bad with all this stuff, they have to change their game because BW will die sooner or later. SC2 is just bad and that's about it. The only thing that's better are the graphics (BW graphics just dated) and probably nothing more.
Few months before I was so excited about the possible switch, but now I must say I feel sorry for them (BW pros that is).


Has anyone considered rebuilding BW in SC2's map editor? That way if they play SC2 in the proleague BW could live on forever with updated graphics.

I mean seriously, look how passionate you guys are... I am sure someone out there could near-perfectly recreate the BW maps and unit mechanics.

EDIT: Kind of what they are doing with DOTA 2 and CS:GO no?

There is SC2BW, problem it dosent have alot of the faults of the BW pathfinding(I belive muta stacking was a major problem) which made BW balanced


Pathfinding and muta stack made BW balance? lol

.


ZvT would nearly be unwinnable without mutamicro. Even muta-less builds hinge upon the terran player accounting for possible threat of mutas.


ZvT is unwinnable if Zerg fails to obtain 3rd gas immediately, regardless of if there is muta-micro present or not.



But Z needs muta micro to win some time for establishing 3-rd base, so basically they need muta micro to win ^_^


Or you can go LOL mutas and just 2 hatch lurkers like a man
The world is burning and you rather be on this terrible website discussing video games and your shallow feelings
Prev 1 87 88 89 90 91 103 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
ZZZero.O92
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason95
Railgan 49
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16411
Dewaltoss 163
ggaemo 135
Hyuk 123
firebathero 100
ZZZero.O 92
Mini 26
Terrorterran 21
Dota 2
febbydoto37
League of Legends
Doublelift2336
Counter-Strike
Fnx 940
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5203
crisheroes903
Other Games
summit1g5195
FrodaN2677
fl0m979
Beastyqt784
mouzStarbuck441
KnowMe300
ArmadaUGS138
Mew2King59
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1205
BasetradeTV208
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream53
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 97
• Adnapsc2 21
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 50
• 80smullet 20
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 10434
Other Games
• imaqtpie816
• Shiphtur254
• tFFMrPink 21
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 39m
INu's Battles
15h 39m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
18h 39m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 39m
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 39m
Replay Cast
1d 2h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 13h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 14h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 19h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.