• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:33
CEST 21:33
KST 04:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8759 users

Rumors on SC Proleague Season 2 - Page 90

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 88 89 90 91 92 103 Next
fabiano
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Brazil4644 Posts
April 15 2012 19:27 GMT
#1781
The 3D aspect of SC2 is one little annoyance too.

Things get hidden behind other things and where you click isn't exacly that place, since there is the conversion from 2d space (cursor coordinates) to 3d space (world coordinates), so when you storm mutas you actually have to aim their shadows and not the mutas itself.

It sucks that you need 4 or 5 zealots to block a ramp :/
What also sucks is that you can't micro your scouting probe inside zergs creep because slow lings are faster and once queens pop out there is just nothing you can do.
And probes aren't ranged anymore, so no funky probe harass possible anymore.
Also sucks that there is no more worker drift while patrolling, which means the scouting worker can be issued a patrol command and it will dodge melee units effortelessly.
There is also marauders concussive shells that deny any stalker&zealot/m&m early game micro battles...
"When the geyser died, a probe came out" - SirJolt
Dental Floss
Profile Joined September 2009
United States1015 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-15 21:38:20
April 15 2012 21:36 GMT
#1782
On April 15 2012 19:14 shaftofpleasure wrote:
Pathfinding and muta stack made BW balance? lol

I seriously doubt the sincerity of most posters saying that they like BW but I really don't care about that.


Did you really need to come into the BW forum to say that you don't believe people could like BW?
Kim Tae Gyun.... never forget Perfectman RIP
Dental Floss
Profile Joined September 2009
United States1015 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-15 21:37:01
April 15 2012 21:36 GMT
#1783
double post
Kim Tae Gyun.... never forget Perfectman RIP
Simplistik
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
2173 Posts
April 15 2012 21:41 GMT
#1784
On April 16 2012 06:36 Dental Floss wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2012 19:14 shaftofpleasure wrote:
Pathfinding and muta stack made BW balance? lol

I seriously doubt the sincerity of most posters saying that they like BW but I really don't care about that.


Did you really need to come into the BW forum to say that you don't believe people could like BW?

I was hoping it was just a typo, but you never know.
Dear BW Gods, it IS now autumn, so...
shaftofpleasure
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Korea (North)1375 Posts
April 15 2012 22:58 GMT
#1785
On April 16 2012 06:36 Dental Floss wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2012 19:14 shaftofpleasure wrote:
Pathfinding and muta stack made BW balance? lol

I seriously doubt the sincerity of most posters saying that they like BW but I really don't care about that.


Did you really need to come into the BW forum to say that you don't believe people could like BW?


What I mean mean to say are those SC2 frequents who claims to like BW.
It's either the holes of my nose are getting smaller or my fingers are getting bigger. /// Always Rooting for the Underdog. Hyuk/Sin/Jaehoon/Juni/Hyvva/Hoejja/Canata //// Hiding in thread somewhere where BW is still in it's pure form here on TL.
sCriv
Profile Joined August 2010
United Kingdom90 Posts
April 15 2012 23:20 GMT
#1786
omg, do one or the other, not both!
Evangelist
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
1246 Posts
April 15 2012 23:29 GMT
#1787
On April 15 2012 12:07 Xiphos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2012 11:43 Testuser wrote:
On April 15 2012 09:02 Kiett wrote:
I think you're grossly overestimating how much the masses care about the little guys on the scene. The truth is, they don't. We have an OSL chock full of storylines going on right now, from Hiya, who's fighting his way without a team, to Roro, the inheritor of the mighty Bisu-slaying title, to Hyuk, who'd like for once to not get knocked out of the Ro8 by Fantasy, to Fantasy himself, who'd like to prove once and for all that he's not just Oov's puppet. But nobody but the people who are already fans know or care about these names. No random SC2 fan is going to watch Modesty make the Ro4 again and go, "WOAH, I love BW now that I know that every player has his own interesting background, even though that's always been the case, and I've totally ignored the fact that the scene has over a decade of rich, fascinating history!" In the end, it's headlines like "Flash's 14 game win-streak finally ends" and "Flash loses 2 games in PL finals" that get 500+ upvotes on reddit, not "Hyuk makes his 4th consecutive OSL." Face it, you might like Hyuk, but nobody outside of the BW scene knows or cares about him. We're not going to suddenly get new BW fans because Grape just made a royal road run or SoO finally sheds the stereotype of the SKT zerg and wins gold.


Thank you Kiett, that was a good post.


I have always liked BW, but I never watched it till about a year ago. I played it, but I had horrible memories from when I started wanting to play online; I played two matches, each completely killed all of me that wanted to try to play a lot of BW (this is 8-9 years ago).

SC2 is easier to watch, but unlike the people that disregard BW and just views it as the predecessor, I grasp that it is another, amazing game.

But despite that, it's still hard to really "love". I have, as I said, been watch a lot of it for the past year. Not all of it, but I have been watch for hours each week. I've been following proleague, I've been watching Sayle's stream (which I really like, I'm quite sad he isn't streaming a lot anymore) and I even took up my old BW in an all new attempt to complete the campaign.

What I'm trying to say is: I have really tried to fall in love with BW.

And while I do like it, as Kiett so diplomatically said, I just don't get it. And I feel like it's tough for people, that haven't followed the game for years and years, or really spendt a tremendous amount of time trying to understand the game, to get it. So while SC2 fans might seem ignorant and disrespectful of your amazing game, please understand it's because we just don't get it. What most people understand, is that you're trying to say that down is the new up. It just doesn't make sense. And some people, being the dicks that they are, just attempt to troll you, and of course that just leads to bad situations. I'll be, that most of the SC2 people actually are genuinely interested in BW, but they've just given up. It's too hard to understand, play comfortable, and they probably realize, that they'll never get to where you are.

TL:DR I hope that made sense, that's how I see this whole ordeal. Have a wonderful life.


Then by all means, SC2 fans don't come over and trash our long beloved game Do you know how hurtful it is when one of your absolute favorite hobbies is in the process of crumbling down like a shard of cards? No I won't even use the term 'hobbie' as my arguement, I have to say that after countless of time to habitually get up late and night, snuke on computers while my roomates are sound asleep and hear Koreans commentators screaming their lungs out of pure, undefiled passion. For many of us, this have been a vital key to our lifestyle that I refuse to say that I am believer in atheism! Just be empathetic toward our anguish and let us take joy in this activity w/o interference.

+ Show Spoiler +
pretty please


No offence but given the amount of crap on this site directed from so called BW fans towards those of us who have the temerity to like its sequel and enjoy watching it... It's a bit rich to suddenly expect it. We've had BW fanbois going on about the immensely superior mechanics of their players, the better units, the better control, the better interface, the fact that somehow none of our pros would hold a candle to their pros while conveniently glossing over the fact that major BW pros have already crossed over and gotten slammed by SC2 pros.

For the record, I enjoyed watching BW when it was a major event but it has never been particularly interesting to the western scene and it never grabbed my attention in the way SC2 did because, shockingly, I played SC2 and enjoyed it. Playing BW was like pulling teeth. Getting it to run full stop was like pulling teeth. SC2 worked out of the box and given how new it is, is amazingly fun and balanced.

I don't think it's possible to take pleasure in the slow death of someone's hobby but I think said slow death would be a hell of a lot more bearable if BW fans concentrated on enjoying the remnants of their game instead of constantly slagging ours off. For my part, I hope they come up with a more palatable solution to this problem as I want to see the BW pros playing SC2, but not while crippling your game.
BlackGosu
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Canada1046 Posts
April 15 2012 23:39 GMT
#1788
too bad bw fans aint like dota fans. dota2 is only in beta, and everyone is wanting to play it. but that is kinda unfair since valve actually listens to the community.
Jar Jar Binks
Ideas
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States8179 Posts
April 15 2012 23:41 GMT
#1789
On April 16 2012 08:39 BlackGosu wrote:
too bad bw fans aint like dota fans. dota2 is only in beta, and everyone is wanting to play it. but that is kinda unfair since valve actually listens to the community.


also dota 2 is a complete recreation of dota 1, wheras SC2 has a bunch of dumb units like marauders and colossi and removes cool units like reavers and vultures.
Free Palestine
L3gendary
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada1470 Posts
April 15 2012 23:42 GMT
#1790
On April 16 2012 08:39 BlackGosu wrote:
too bad bw fans aint like dota fans. dota2 is only in beta, and everyone is wanting to play it. but that is kinda unfair since valve actually listens to the community.


Thts cus dota2 is actually like dota. If they made sc2 a graphically updated version of bw then no one would mind the swtich.
Watching Jaedong play purifies my eyes. -Coach Ju Hoon
1Eris1
Profile Joined September 2010
United States5797 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-16 00:00:05
April 15 2012 23:44 GMT
#1791
edit: Nvm, not worth it
Known Aliases: Tyragon, Valeric ~MSL Forever, SKT is truly the Superior KT!
catplanetcatplanet
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
3837 Posts
April 15 2012 23:45 GMT
#1792
Stop hating on the different games guys... Blizzard added new units to please new customers. The esports community accounts for a small portion of customers. A lot of kids buy sc2 not even knowing about bw since its so old. And bw pros have had over a decade to practice (given the metagame shifts), so sc2 will look very different in ten years.
I think it's finally time to admit it might not be the year of Pet
Xiphos
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada7507 Posts
April 16 2012 00:15 GMT
#1793
On April 16 2012 08:45 catplanetcatplanet wrote:
Stop hating on the different games guys... Blizzard added new units to please new customers. The esports community accounts for a small portion of customers. A lot of kids buy sc2 not even knowing about bw since its so old. And bw pros have had over a decade to practice (given the metagame shifts), so sc2 will look very different in ten years.


And also shit on the previous loyalists.

Of course it will look very different than its momentary state. I mean for all we know, Blizz will probably make changes to the unit line-up at every single expansion. That should be pretty self-explanatory.
2014 - ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ Raise your bows brood warriors! ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ
coolcor
Profile Joined February 2011
520 Posts
April 16 2012 00:20 GMT
#1794
On April 15 2012 18:54 ragnorr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2012 18:49 Chriscras wrote:
On April 15 2012 17:29 entrust wrote:
SC2 player here.
TBH I feel kinda bad with all this stuff, they have to change their game because BW will die sooner or later. SC2 is just bad and that's about it. The only thing that's better are the graphics (BW graphics just dated) and probably nothing more.
Few months before I was so excited about the possible switch, but now I must say I feel sorry for them (BW pros that is).


Has anyone considered rebuilding BW in SC2's map editor? That way if they play SC2 in the proleague BW could live on forever with updated graphics.

I mean seriously, look how passionate you guys are... I am sure someone out there could near-perfectly recreate the BW maps and unit mechanics.

EDIT: Kind of what they are doing with DOTA 2 and CS:GO no?

There is SC2BW, problem it dosent have alot of the faults of the BW pathfinding(I belive muta stacking was a major problem) which made BW balanced


The debate on if muta micro is necessary for balance is pointless because sc2bw has it.



If you find anything that's still wrong or missing post it in the sc2bw thread and it might get fixed by him. Of course it will never be exact but maybe it's possible to get close enough everything is still balanced and fun.
Zergneedsfood
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10671 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-16 01:35:42
April 16 2012 01:30 GMT
#1795
On April 16 2012 08:29 Evangelist wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2012 12:07 Xiphos wrote:
On April 15 2012 11:43 Testuser wrote:
On April 15 2012 09:02 Kiett wrote:
I think you're grossly overestimating how much the masses care about the little guys on the scene. The truth is, they don't. We have an OSL chock full of storylines going on right now, from Hiya, who's fighting his way without a team, to Roro, the inheritor of the mighty Bisu-slaying title, to Hyuk, who'd like for once to not get knocked out of the Ro8 by Fantasy, to Fantasy himself, who'd like to prove once and for all that he's not just Oov's puppet. But nobody but the people who are already fans know or care about these names. No random SC2 fan is going to watch Modesty make the Ro4 again and go, "WOAH, I love BW now that I know that every player has his own interesting background, even though that's always been the case, and I've totally ignored the fact that the scene has over a decade of rich, fascinating history!" In the end, it's headlines like "Flash's 14 game win-streak finally ends" and "Flash loses 2 games in PL finals" that get 500+ upvotes on reddit, not "Hyuk makes his 4th consecutive OSL." Face it, you might like Hyuk, but nobody outside of the BW scene knows or cares about him. We're not going to suddenly get new BW fans because Grape just made a royal road run or SoO finally sheds the stereotype of the SKT zerg and wins gold.


Thank you Kiett, that was a good post.


I have always liked BW, but I never watched it till about a year ago. I played it, but I had horrible memories from when I started wanting to play online; I played two matches, each completely killed all of me that wanted to try to play a lot of BW (this is 8-9 years ago).

SC2 is easier to watch, but unlike the people that disregard BW and just views it as the predecessor, I grasp that it is another, amazing game.

But despite that, it's still hard to really "love". I have, as I said, been watch a lot of it for the past year. Not all of it, but I have been watch for hours each week. I've been following proleague, I've been watching Sayle's stream (which I really like, I'm quite sad he isn't streaming a lot anymore) and I even took up my old BW in an all new attempt to complete the campaign.

What I'm trying to say is: I have really tried to fall in love with BW.

And while I do like it, as Kiett so diplomatically said, I just don't get it. And I feel like it's tough for people, that haven't followed the game for years and years, or really spendt a tremendous amount of time trying to understand the game, to get it. So while SC2 fans might seem ignorant and disrespectful of your amazing game, please understand it's because we just don't get it. What most people understand, is that you're trying to say that down is the new up. It just doesn't make sense. And some people, being the dicks that they are, just attempt to troll you, and of course that just leads to bad situations. I'll be, that most of the SC2 people actually are genuinely interested in BW, but they've just given up. It's too hard to understand, play comfortable, and they probably realize, that they'll never get to where you are.

TL:DR I hope that made sense, that's how I see this whole ordeal. Have a wonderful life.


Then by all means, SC2 fans don't come over and trash our long beloved game Do you know how hurtful it is when one of your absolute favorite hobbies is in the process of crumbling down like a shard of cards? No I won't even use the term 'hobbie' as my arguement, I have to say that after countless of time to habitually get up late and night, snuke on computers while my roomates are sound asleep and hear Koreans commentators screaming their lungs out of pure, undefiled passion. For many of us, this have been a vital key to our lifestyle that I refuse to say that I am believer in atheism! Just be empathetic toward our anguish and let us take joy in this activity w/o interference.

+ Show Spoiler +
pretty please


No offence but given the amount of crap on this site directed from so called BW fans towards those of us who have the temerity to like its sequel and enjoy watching it... It's a bit rich to suddenly expect it. We've had BW fanbois going on about the immensely superior mechanics of their players, the better units, the better control, the better interface, the fact that somehow none of our pros would hold a candle to their pros while conveniently glossing over the fact that major BW pros have already crossed over and gotten slammed by SC2 pros.

For the record, I enjoyed watching BW when it was a major event but it has never been particularly interesting to the western scene and it never grabbed my attention in the way SC2 did because, shockingly, I played SC2 and enjoyed it. Playing BW was like pulling teeth. Getting it to run full stop was like pulling teeth. SC2 worked out of the box and given how new it is, is amazingly fun and balanced.

I don't think it's possible to take pleasure in the slow death of someone's hobby but I think said slow death would be a hell of a lot more bearable if BW fans concentrated on enjoying the remnants of their game instead of constantly slagging ours off. For my part, I hope they come up with a more palatable solution to this problem as I want to see the BW pros playing SC2, but not while crippling your game.


If it's factually true, I don't see a problem.

immensely superior mechanics of their players


Uh....this is completely true. There's a reason why some of the best players in SC2 were b-teamers in BW. Nestea was Zergbong, a player that got laughed at for screwing Reach in countless 2v2s. MVP (at least I think that's him) had only one crowning achievement in his BW career which was beating Flash with lategame battlecruisers before getting owned by it the next game and then fading into obscurity.

This is an objective fact. We don't flaunt it in your face. When it's up to discussion, we say it because it's true. It's not even an argument that SC2 is bad. It's just an argument that says that SC2 players are subpar in skills compared to BW. This isn't remotely debatable, even if SC2 requires "different mechanics" (which I think is dumb. Flash/Bisu/Jaedong, and many others will excel at whatever RTS game they play because they have core skills already).

the better units


The very fact that they had to add a flying defiler into HotS kind of tells us that there's very little appeal in current SC2 units. Keep in mind that it's not just the units themselves, but their characteristics. The sounds they make, their sprites (though I guess in 3D games they might not be labeled sprites), etc. etc. How could you possibly like the SC2 zergling more than the BW Zergling...if you do, that's fine, but it's beyond my comprehension when one is clearly cooler than the other (better death animation, sounds, attack animation, etc. etc. etc.)

the better control, the better interface


Never seen anyone talk about this, because I'm absolutely sure that it's the other way around. SC2 players always honk on about how BW has an archaic interface that's not noob friendly, and talk about how SC2's interface lets people focus on strategy instead of having to overcome mechanical obstacles.

This now almost feels like you're just throwing together BW bashing arguments and just replacing BW with SC2.

the fact that somehow none of our pros would hold a candle to their pros while conveniently glossing over the fact that major BW pros have already crossed over and gotten slammed by SC2 pros


Yes....major BW pros like.....Boxer, who's old and bad. Nada, who's out of his prime and not that good. July, who's old and no longer that good. ForGG, who only knew how to 2fac and sunken break. Why are you saying major pros.....when none of the real pros have actually switched?

This is just another shining example of people who just don't know what they're talking about. People come in here with very little knowledge on what BW is and start saying things like "Well...BOXER SWITCHED AND HE GETS CRUSHED!", when in reality that's not even a valid argument. Let's also remember that top pros (is it still Nestea, MC, MVP, Bomber?) were BW pros too, just really really bad ones that could honestly still beat Boxer in BW because as dominant as Boxer used to be, he's not even that good anymore (when you lose to HuK, even if it's on Longinus and against 10/15 gate, that's pretty sad).

I think said slow death would be a hell of a lot more bearable if BW fans concentrated on enjoying the remnants of their game instead of constantly slagging ours off.


Except that there are few of us who actually bash the game in the SC2 forum. I don't understand where's the validity in your point when I'm sure that, like me, a lot of people here just remove the SC2 tab from TL completely.

For the record, I enjoyed watching BW when it was a major event but it has never been particularly interesting to the western scene


I realized that it was pointless to say anything when I read this. Shining example indeed.

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Make a contract with me and join TLADT | Onodera isn't actually a girl, she's just a doormat you walk over to get to the girl. - Numy 2015
MountainDewJunkie
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States10346 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-16 01:43:03
April 16 2012 01:42 GMT
#1796
(P)Grape just confirmed he is currently practicing SC2 as well.

I imagine if we had an interview for ODT Group B, one of the two winners would make a similar slip.
[21:07] <Shock710> whats wrong with her face [20:50] <dAPhREAk> i beat it the day after it came out | <BLinD-RawR> esports is a giant vagina
Xiphos
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada7507 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-16 01:46:19
April 16 2012 01:45 GMT
#1797
On April 16 2012 10:42 MountainDewJunkie wrote:
(P)Grape just confirmed he is currently practicing SC2 as well.

I imagine if we had an interview for ODT Group B, one of the two winners would make a similar slip.


Hate to bring it to you but both Mini and Action have said that they are practicing fearlessly for the upcoming StarLeague games and Mini mentionned that he want to get as far as beating Jaedong in a BoX. While Action said that he wants to meet Mini again for a rematch and is hoping to get into the semifinals.

P.S. with not a single word about SC2 made an appearance in their interviews.
2014 - ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ Raise your bows brood warriors! ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ
shaftofpleasure
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Korea (North)1375 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-16 01:49:16
April 16 2012 01:46 GMT
#1798
On April 16 2012 08:29 Evangelist wrote:



No offence but given the amount of crap on this site directed from so called BW fans towards those of us who have the temerity to like its sequel and enjoy watching it... It's a bit rich to suddenly expect it. We've had BW fanbois going on about the immensely superior mechanics of their players, the better units, the better control, the better interface, the fact that somehow none of our pros would hold a candle to their pros while conveniently glossing over the fact that major BW pros have already crossed over and gotten slammed by SC2 pros.

For the record, I enjoyed watching BW when it was a major event but it has never been particularly interesting to the western scene and it never grabbed my attention in the way SC2 did because, shockingly, I played SC2 and enjoyed it. Playing BW was like pulling teeth. Getting it to run full stop was like pulling teeth. SC2 worked out of the box and given how new it is, is amazingly fun and balanced.



I call bullshit
And when was this?
Was this when Grrrr.. was the top foreigner? or Bisu rofl-stomped savior? or when SC2 came out? or when Kespa announced that they'll be having SC2 along with BW?

So you play and enjoy SC2 because you like easy stuff and can become good as the 'pros' you watch.
It's either the holes of my nose are getting smaller or my fingers are getting bigger. /// Always Rooting for the Underdog. Hyuk/Sin/Jaehoon/Juni/Hyvva/Hoejja/Canata //// Hiding in thread somewhere where BW is still in it's pure form here on TL.
ShadeR
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7535 Posts
April 16 2012 03:29 GMT
#1799
I do wish SC2 was like DOTA2...
Watching SC2 is like listening to nikki minaj for me.
mtn
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
729 Posts
April 16 2012 04:12 GMT
#1800
On April 16 2012 10:46 shaftofpleasure wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2012 08:29 Evangelist wrote:



No offence but given the amount of crap on this site directed from so called BW fans towards those of us who have the temerity to like its sequel and enjoy watching it... It's a bit rich to suddenly expect it. We've had BW fanbois going on about the immensely superior mechanics of their players, the better units, the better control, the better interface, the fact that somehow none of our pros would hold a candle to their pros while conveniently glossing over the fact that major BW pros have already crossed over and gotten slammed by SC2 pros.

For the record, I enjoyed watching BW when it was a major event but it has never been particularly interesting to the western scene and it never grabbed my attention in the way SC2 did because, shockingly, I played SC2 and enjoyed it. Playing BW was like pulling teeth. Getting it to run full stop was like pulling teeth. SC2 worked out of the box and given how new it is, is amazingly fun and balanced.



I call bullshit
And when was this?
Was this when Grrrr.. was the top foreigner? or Bisu rofl-stomped savior? or when SC2 came out? or when Kespa announced that they'll be having SC2 along with BW?

So you play and enjoy SC2 because you like easy stuff and can become good as the 'pros' you watch.


It's no longer that easy... Skill level is pretty high nowadays... It's not like it was 1 year ago.
Prev 1 88 89 90 91 92 103 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason76
BRAT_OK 57
Railgan 0
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 22309
Mini 376
Dewaltoss 173
Hyuk 146
firebathero 115
ggaemo 83
ZZZero.O 77
Terrorterran 1
Dota 2
Gorgc7860
febbydoto13
League of Legends
Doublelift1150
Counter-Strike
fl0m1270
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4271
Khaldor1278
crisheroes1070
Liquid`Hasu791
Other Games
summit1g2837
FrodaN2379
Beastyqt774
KnowMe307
mouzStarbuck306
ArmadaUGS124
Mew2King58
Trikslyr37
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1126
BasetradeTV174
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream40
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 90
• Adnapsc2 21
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 49
• 80smullet 22
• Azhi_Dahaki8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8075
• WagamamaTV437
Other Games
• imaqtpie841
• Shiphtur212
• tFFMrPink 14
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 27m
INu's Battles
16h 27m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
19h 27m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 27m
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 27m
Replay Cast
1d 3h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 14h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 15h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 20h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.