• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:14
CEST 19:14
KST 02:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12428 users

Strengthening Foreign BW - Page 4

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 15 16 17 Next All
zappa372
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Chile365 Posts
September 29 2011 19:33 GMT
#61
Great iniciative! I'm so participating (as a scrub tho) in this!

How about a Showmatch between old foreign leyends?

I mean, a BW Attack featuring people of the caliber of Day[9] is a long shot, but, if it's possible. ¿Do you think it would be remotely possible to do a Show-Championship between significant players/commentators on nowadays sc2 scene and bw foreign scene? That would be awesome.

EE HAN TIMING!
Relickey
Profile Joined September 2010
United States145 Posts
September 29 2011 19:42 GMT
#62
That website layout is atrocious. It looks very unprofessional, and it's design is bad. There is a lot of empty space as well. Please fix it.
Beaches and shores
soujiro_
Profile Joined June 2010
Uruguay5195 Posts
September 29 2011 19:45 GMT
#63
show matches like liquibiton would be great =)
ace hwaiting!!
L_Master
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8017 Posts
September 29 2011 20:06 GMT
#64
On September 30 2011 04:42 Relickey wrote:
That website layout is atrocious. It looks very unprofessional, and it's design is bad. There is a lot of empty space as well. Please fix it.


While I certainly do appreciate any and all feedback, this is like the last possible thing I'm worried about. This isn't a webpage that will be presented to the community at large in any way, its just a "behind the scenes" place to discuss how to achieve our goals, timetables that would be good to hit, etc.

EffOrt and Soulkey Hwaiting!
duncan.mc
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States231 Posts
September 29 2011 20:11 GMT
#65
On September 30 2011 04:42 Relickey wrote:
That website layout is atrocious. It looks very unprofessional, and it's design is bad. There is a lot of empty space as well. Please fix it.


Only use it for the Forums tab.
djm858
L_Master
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8017 Posts
September 29 2011 20:20 GMT
#66
My tentative idea for timetables of our various aims:

Hype/Highlight Video Makers - No real timetable; up to members of the community to take this on. Would definitely be good to start putting out a few hype videos by late October before/for the start of proleague though

Fixing Liquipedia - I'm thinking it's reasonable in one months to have liquipedia at the point where it has one solid "current" BO for each MU, a general guide for each race, micro guide, macro/hotkeys guide, and some basic stuff about how to improve.

Low Level Clan - Starts now, the basic idea is that anybody that's new or willing to help coach will have an sGs tag making it very easy for new players to find other lower level or helpful players to play with. Within in a week it should be possible to have set times where people can make a point to be on.

Reddit Upvoting - Up to the community and posters of content, they tell us when they have posted something, we discuss/upvote/support etc.

Submitting Content to Reddit - Same as hype/highlight video

VOD/Tutorial Series - Probably the biggest undertaking. Maybe we can have this done by the end of the year?

Streamers - Starts now, make a point to explain what your doing, interact with your viewers, troll/clown around, be funny, whatever suits you.

BW Fun Activities - Starts 9/3! 2v2v2v2 BGH

Guide to Watching BW - This should be completed by end of October so its available for when proleague starts.
EffOrt and Soulkey Hwaiting!
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
September 29 2011 20:24 GMT
#67
hmmm...been playing sc2 since christmas. Used to play wc2 and it seems like the same gfx as BW. I'm starting to think i might want to get brood war for lulz and to make me a better sc2 player
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
ArvickHero
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
10387 Posts
September 29 2011 21:02 GMT
#68
ahhhh hmmmm I guess I should start getting to work on some of those Protoss guides/builds I've been planning to write .. but I've been so lazy/busy T3T no excuse tho looool
Writerptrk
Mise
Profile Joined August 2010
Finland580 Posts
September 29 2011 21:20 GMT
#69
I've been trying to get into actually playing BW for the last couple of weeks and would really appreciate some good learning resources.
I'd especially like some FPVOD's or Streams of good Terrans so I could imitate them. I haven't been able to find much myself.
Sandrosuperstar
Profile Joined November 2009
Sweden525 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-29 21:33:51
September 29 2011 21:33 GMT
#70
I really like the initiative. Tough i can't do much i can always start playing bw again, and that i will!! :D
I'm homo for Lomo, gay for GGplay, but at the end of the day I put my dong in Lee Jaedong
L_Master
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8017 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-29 22:16:20
September 29 2011 22:15 GMT
#71
On September 30 2011 06:20 Mise wrote:
I've been trying to get into actually playing BW for the last couple of weeks and would really appreciate some good learning resources.
I'd especially like some FPVOD's or Streams of good Terrans so I could imitate them. I haven't been able to find much myself.


If you want FPVOD's these are fantastic: BNET Attack

Basically a slew of VOD's (FPView) of many, many progamers including Sea, Fantasy, Flash, Light, hiyA, etc. Good streams to look out for are agavond, hirosue2, Qeet, and at least a couple others, though terrans are the least represented in streams at the moment.

This initiative is just getting off the ground so there isn't tons of new content yet, but certainly feel free to ask for help, coaching, etc from myself or anyone else that's posted expressing interest in coaching.

EffOrt and Soulkey Hwaiting!
Skeggaba
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Korea (South)1556 Posts
September 29 2011 22:21 GMT
#72
Chill is awesome, maybe we could get him to cast for a few hours in a couple of months? Make it featured, im sure TL wont be against it since its still a BW site...
Bisu[about JD]=I was scared (laughs). The force emanating from his facial expression was so manly that I was even a little jealous.
Docmedical
Profile Joined November 2010
Libya75 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-29 22:26:37
September 29 2011 22:25 GMT
#73
I think we need to address the issue of streamers. We need people who appeals to the newbies of BW. BW streamers in general need to talk more and explain to their viewers what they are doing.

It would be insane if we could a prominant member of the SC2 community to help us out, but that is extremely unlikely.

On the subject of vods, I was planning on to upload funny videos explaining BW but school started and now I dont have enough time
derp
Atlare
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Australia893 Posts
September 29 2011 22:28 GMT
#74
On September 30 2011 07:25 Docmedical wrote:
I think we need to address the issue of streamers. We need people who appeals to the newbies of BW. BW streamers in general need to talk more and explain to their viewers what they are doing.

It would be insane if we could a prominant member of the SC2 community to help us out, but that is extremely unlikely.


I think that we could get a personality to help us, such as Day[9], other casters or even some TL staff to give this some more attention, but individually I don't think so. There wouldn't be much in it for them so they wouldn't be as interested tbh.

Any visibility on this really does help, and streamers to appeal to newer people is a great idea!
Considering learning BW
dRaW
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada5744 Posts
September 29 2011 23:50 GMT
#75
I tried to help C/C+ ranks into the blue ranks but with school and trying to improve myself I don't have enough time to coach a full team, only a few people. In the end anyone can learn themselves if they put the effort into it. So while these ideas are good, most of the time the people who are complaining about coaching don't want to try enough to improve, they just think that they will instantly improve with the help of a better player as their coach.
I don't need luck, luck is for noobs, good luck to you though
figq
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
12519 Posts
September 30 2011 00:04 GMT
#76
I think it helps a great deal to have semi-automated regular (daily/weekly/monthly etc) tournaments, for all levels, including absolute beginners. Maybe z33k could get a BW section? It's easier if they do it, because they just need to duplicate most of the database stuff they already have for SC2.

The idea is to grow respect for fellow BW players regardless of level. "E"/"D-" players also try to improve, and can also compete between each other. Tournament settings introduce better sportsmanship than ladder usually, because they are more personal.
If you stand next to my head, you can hear the ocean. - Day[9]
2Pacalypse-
Profile Joined October 2006
Croatia9565 Posts
September 30 2011 00:13 GMT
#77
http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/kvndo/bw_where_can_i_find_information_about_current/

This is the kind of audience we need to focus on.
Moderator"We're a community of geniuses because we've found how to extract 95% of the feeling of doing something amazing without actually doing anything." - Chill
fabiano
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Brazil4644 Posts
September 30 2011 00:33 GMT
#78
The problem is that it seems like Chill/Day[9]/Kennegit et al. are focusing on SC2 now, it is very unlikely they will have time to spend with BW.

I still think making a featured TL BW Attack! with michael, sneatzel, koll and any other top foreign player would be enough to draw some attention to BW. But for that to be possible there must be organization and people dedicated to the event, not just one guy making things 'on the fly'.

I wish I had the influence/contacts/time to help, but for me its nearly impossible to do so. All I can do is cheer for the best and stream my noobness whenever I can :/
"When the geyser died, a probe came out" - SirJolt
Boundz(DarKo)
Profile Joined March 2009
5311 Posts
September 30 2011 00:36 GMT
#79
I can stream BW but I need to find an active clan if I'm going to spend time playing broodwar again.
TheGlassface
Profile Joined November 2010
United States612 Posts
September 30 2011 01:20 GMT
#80
Something that would be perfect if we can somehow be blessed.
A translator.

My god...oh my god...what I would do for a dedicated translator.
The mystery of life is not a problem to solve, but a reality to experience. **Hang in there STX fans!! Kal Hwaiting!**
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 15 16 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM923
TKL 347
IndyStarCraft 244
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1013
ByuN 409
TKL 373
IndyStarCraft 244
BRAT_OK 48
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 46773
Calm 3091
firebathero 161
actioN 139
Sea.KH 60
Free 43
Mong 30
Rock 28
ToSsGirL 28
Pusan 20
[ Show more ]
Aegong 17
soO 17
scan(afreeca) 14
Terrorterran 14
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc9201
Dendi1155
League of Legends
Reynor220
Counter-Strike
fl0m5052
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King72
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu180
MindelVK9
Grubby6
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1723
FrodaN1002
B2W.Neo784
Beastyqt676
olofmeister555
Mlord463
Khaldor448
KnowMe305
crisheroes178
Livibee122
ToD5
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick215
BasetradeTV9
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 25
• Adnapsc2 11
• Reevou 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach64
• Azhi_Dahaki17
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV550
League of Legends
• Nemesis3227
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1442
Other Games
• Shiphtur702
• imaqtpie8
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
1h 47m
BSL Open Qualifier
1h 47m
OSC
5h 47m
Replay Cast
5h 47m
OSC
18h 47m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 17h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.