• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:00
CEST 21:00
KST 04:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9384 users

Strengthening Foreign BW - Page 2

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 15 16 17 Next All
Mirosuu
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
England283 Posts
September 29 2011 10:50 GMT
#21
Hey! I would be interested in being involved with all of this. I've never played BW, but I'm gonna pick it up and would like to know how to get all set up and started with it. I heard that it has a lot of problems on Windows 7 and high resolutions like 1920x1080.

I would definitely be interested in playing the game and learning how to play BW to a certain degree of skill.

If you could help a new player get the game set up and having fun with players, that would be great!
The more things change, the more they stay the same.
Phyrigian
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
New Zealand1332 Posts
September 29 2011 10:52 GMT
#22
--- Nuked ---
Voidsoul
Profile Joined August 2009
Germany154 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-29 11:08:03
September 29 2011 11:00 GMT
#23
Wow, great initiative!

Like some others I plan on returning to the sGs clan after a long hiatus due to being sick for quite some time...
Although I am by no means a competition for most casters out there in terms of pointing out facts and strategies I could at least contribute to the quantity of VoDs. Casting PL in duos seems like an awesome idea. Count me in, although university could kinda limit the time I have at hand. Its either that or whatever help you need for editing liquipedia. I just do not have the time atm to research where to start and what to contribute


On September 29 2011 19:50 Mirosuu wrote:
Hey! I would be interested in being involved with all of this. I've never played BW, but I'm gonna pick it up and would like to know how to get all set up and started with it. I heard that it has a lot of problems on Windows 7 and high resolutions like 1920x1080.

I would definitely be interested in playing the game and learning how to play BW to a certain degree of skill.

If you could help a new player get the game set up and having fun with players, that would be great!


Personally, I've never encountered problems with BW since switching to Win 7 and I know few people who did, so no worries there .

If you want some practice before being thrown in the smurf-pit just ask pretty much anyone on op sGs (does that channel still exist?) or op teamliquid. People there are either afk or extremely nice and helpful
masterbreti
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Korea (South)2711 Posts
September 29 2011 11:11 GMT
#24
On September 29 2011 19:50 Mirosuu wrote:
Hey! I would be interested in being involved with all of this. I've never played BW, but I'm gonna pick it up and would like to know how to get all set up and started with it. I heard that it has a lot of problems on Windows 7 and high resolutions like 1920x1080.

I would definitely be interested in playing the game and learning how to play BW to a certain degree of skill.

If you could help a new player get the game set up and having fun with players, that would be great!


Windows 7 did have some issues but there are fixes out there that blizz brought out recently.

Also Bw cannot be played at 1920x1080. The screen can be streched at full screen. But it loks messy and rather unpleasent to the eyes ( I have same res as you do).

Windowed mode looks good, but on 1920-1080 the normal windowed mode looks tiny and is barely seeable. the x2 windowed looks good and is what I generally use.
Mirosuu
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
England283 Posts
September 29 2011 11:16 GMT
#25
Thank you for all the help! I'm downloading it now and I'll use all your advice and should get up and running soon! :D
The more things change, the more they stay the same.
ImbaTosS
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United Kingdom1733 Posts
September 29 2011 11:20 GMT
#26
On September 29 2011 19:41 Djagulingu wrote:
I wish someone else also stepped up for that. Elegant did this for quite a while but I don't see him under ISL any more.

I had no internet for nearly 3 weeks since I moved house. Just got it back a coupla days ago sorry to disappoint you though, honestly.

Friday until monday I will have plenty of time to consider options and plan properly. L_Master, I'll send you a PM- there are more people floating around here who are looking to get on board with some proper BW spreading initiatives.
EleGant[AoV]
moltar3000
Profile Joined December 2010
13 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-29 12:19:07
September 29 2011 11:39 GMT
#27
This is a wonderful idea imo, and I would love to get involved in this.

Back when I was a kid in middle school, my friends and I persuaded our computer teacher to let us install bw on the school's computer lab so that every lunch break we would go and play 3v3s, 4v4s or ffa. And of course the occasional 1v1 grudge match :p. Best teacher ever. It was absolutely awesome. At home, however, I found myself playing almost exclusively UMS games on bnet. I guess I was still just a kid and hadn't found that competitived edge compelling me to try ladder.

Naturally, it wasn't long before these socially unacceptable lunch break LAN parties became too "nerdy" to continue, and so, after about a year, all of us sadly "grew out of" brood war.

I think the first time I heard about the Korean pro scene was around probably around 2005 from one of my friends who I played with back in middle school. We had both graduated from high school at that point and had moved to different countries. Neither of us had actually attempted to watch a pro bw match so we laughed at the idea of a cultural frenzy attempting to turn a foreign video game into a professional sport. Everything about korean broodwar seemed incomprehensibly strange to us.

And so, for whatever reason (probably a mix of yearning for nostalgia, and a prevailing belief that video games are mostly complete garbage these days), in 2009 I decided to actually watch a couple of games. I was compelled, especially by the incessant yelling and unbreakable enthusiasm of the korean commentators, but I was not instantly hooked. However, once I discovered the english commentators on youtube (huge shoutout and thank you to NukeTheStars for being one of the biggest influences in making me passionate about pro bw) I was fully hooked. By the time the ever osl 2009 came around, I was watching every new vod getting released and speedily making my way through the back catalogue of osl vods.

And so, naturally, I attempted to go back to bnet and use my newfound enthusiasm to test out my skills once more. I played a lot of Koreans.... Out of the 40 or so games I played before I realised I was in over my head, I won one game. It was a zvt, and the terran didn't make enough turrets to fend off my muta harrass. It was the greatest victory of all ti.. well not really but it felt really good!

So yeah, tl;dr where do I sign up?
X10A
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada9837 Posts
September 29 2011 11:43 GMT
#28
This seems like a great idea.
I'd love to be involved with streaming, but then I'd have to go buy a new mic and stuff. TT Oh well, for Brood War <3
sGs was supposed to be a low level clan, but everyone was inactive, myself included.
Liquipedia editing I can try to help out on aswell. If I had a little bit of time to get used to High School, sorting out my priorities, then I could start to contribute.
CJ/T8 Fighting//#1 STX and Bisu anti <3//YES X10A is based off the Freedom Gundam
LML
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
Germany1798 Posts
September 29 2011 12:04 GMT
#29
On September 29 2011 19:41 Djagulingu wrote:
Enough with the motivational part, I think there can be another low level clan that can be founded initially. One means monopoly, 2 means competition, right? Other than that, well... Nothing that is not written by L_Master comes in my mind.


Yea, I like that idea, having something to look forward to and actually get practice in Clanwars is something really important, I remember my first time playing a CW in BWCL .. gosh, I was pretty nervous and andrenaline was pumping through my body, besides the fact that I was pretty bad back then, it made me play worse than usual;)
It needs some time before you can just play normal when playing CW matches or while some1 streams you, best practice might be to stream yourself and maybe people watching your stream can actually help you, people helped me on my stream several times and I improved thanks to that.
LML
IceCube
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Croatia1403 Posts
September 29 2011 12:06 GMT
#30
I would like to also help so any Terran that is interested in some advice from C-/C terran is welcome to PM me here or on iccup: Scourge[mb]

+ Show Spoiler +
But please note that I can't give you any overnight success tips You will need to work for it hard, like everything in life
Forever Vulture.. :(
Loanshark
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
China3094 Posts
September 29 2011 13:03 GMT
#31
Although I don't have much to contribute, I just want to say I think this a great initiative and I support you guys 100%!

BW FOREVER
No dough, no go. And no mercy.
dr0pship
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada520 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-29 13:26:34
September 29 2011 13:24 GMT
#32
I'll join up with whomever is polishing up the WIKI. pm me
also, once in a while I'll be posing a hype video of latest broodwar happenings.
duncan.mc
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States231 Posts
September 29 2011 13:29 GMT
#33
On September 29 2011 20:16 Mirosuu wrote:
Thank you for all the help! I'm downloading it now and I'll use all your advice and should get up and running soon! :D


Let me know if you have trouble with window mode on the ICCup launcher in Windows 7. I keep getting and RT error message so I have to use MiniLauncher instead. Anyone else having trouble with ICCup window mode?
djm858
therockmanxx
Profile Joined July 2010
Peru1174 Posts
September 29 2011 13:30 GMT
#34
But we had all of that at some point.... =(
Tekken ProGamer
Djagulingu
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Germany3605 Posts
September 29 2011 13:41 GMT
#35
On September 29 2011 20:20 ImbaTosS wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 29 2011 19:41 Djagulingu wrote:
I wish someone else also stepped up for that. Elegant did this for quite a while but I don't see him under ISL any more.

I had no internet for nearly 3 weeks since I moved house. Just got it back a coupla days ago sorry to disappoint you though, honestly.

Friday until monday I will have plenty of time to consider options and plan properly. L_Master, I'll send you a PM- there are more people floating around here who are looking to get on board with some proper BW spreading initiatives.

Oh, I never knew about that. Nice to have you back. You have such a nice accent. I enjoyed your casting.
"windows bash is a steaming heap of shit" tofucake
Percutio
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1672 Posts
September 29 2011 13:55 GMT
#36
Even though I'm still bad I'm willing to lend my hand and play some fun matches.

Proper Serious of VOD's for low level players:

I think this is supposed to be series?
What does it matter how I loose it?
Djagulingu
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Germany3605 Posts
September 29 2011 14:00 GMT
#37
On September 29 2011 22:55 Percutio wrote:
Even though I'm still bad I'm willing to lend my hand and play some fun matches.

Show nested quote +
Proper Serious of VOD's for low level players:

I think this is supposed to be series?

I think it was a clever pun from L_Master but yes, series is the grammatically correct one as far as I know.
"windows bash is a steaming heap of shit" tofucake
Termit
Profile Joined December 2010
Sweden3466 Posts
September 29 2011 14:16 GMT
#38
Protip if you have ATI (probably works on Nvidia aswell but I don't have that so dunno) you can enable GPU scaling so when you start BW the screen goes to 4:3 aspect ratio by itselfs and when you alt-tab or exit the game your screen will be standard again.

[image loading]
( ̄。 ̄)~zzz ◕ ◡ ◕
Atlare
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Australia893 Posts
September 29 2011 14:32 GMT
#39
Everytime I watch Brood War I fall in love with it since I didn't play much at all, and it was at the very tail end of Brood War. I live in Australia and generally whenever I log onto Iccup the games are either too laggy or there aren't many on during my peak times, plus I had tech difficulties in general.

I'll keep trying to find a way to consistently play, because I love the game to death, but the activity of Sc2 is just so much easier and more convienient for me :[

I have no doubt there are loads of people in my boat.
Considering learning BW
Antisocialmunky
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5913 Posts
September 29 2011 14:38 GMT
#40
I'm sure you could atleast get 10x that number if you could get Day[9] to cast it but I dunno if he'd be willing.
[゚n゚] SSSSssssssSSsss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Marine/Raven Guide:http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=163605
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 15 16 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
Laughngamez YouTube
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Liquid`TLO 275
BRAT_OK 97
JuggernautJason79
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 901
Shuttle 699
Zeus 82
soO 44
Hyun 43
ToSsGirL 32
scan(afreeca) 23
Sacsri 9
ZZZero.O 2
Dota 2
qojqva2189
420jenkins622
canceldota26
Counter-Strike
fl0m5146
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3414
Liquid`Hasu595
Other Games
FrodaN939
KnowMe226
Pyrionflax169
Livibee163
QueenE64
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick632
StarCraft 2
angryscii 36
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 95
• 3DClanTV 58
• Adnapsc2 13
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach98
• FirePhoenix29
• 80smullet 17
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1757
Other Games
• imaqtpie667
• Shiphtur665
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
15h
Patches Events
20h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
OSC
1d 4h
OSC
1d 17h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
7 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.