• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:50
CEST 00:50
KST 07:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)52Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10296 users

This is a hack.

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 8 9 10 Next All
wok
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States504 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-09-04 16:46:47
September 03 2009 02:05 GMT
#1
If any of you have noticed and been pissed off by how painfully bad the Starcraft event buffer is. (1a2a3a4a not registering properly for you when you do it fast?)

Update:
Here is a link to the sigged version. Unless the unsigged votes skyrocket, I'm not going to release an unsigged version. It works perfectly fine in single player. I highly don't recommend trying it on iccup if you don't want to be yelled at.
http://www.scrapms.com/starcraft/ClickFixSig.zip
Just double click on the executable in that zip and you should be good. If you're paranoid you can pm me for code that you can compile yourself.

Before I get ranted on for "using 3rd party software" or "cheating/hacking is for noobs" I will say that yes, in some cases it will give you a competitive edge. Yes it is, so far, undetected.

To prevent immediate ladder use, I've added a little "signature" detectable in bwchart. People who know how AHKey works will surely figure out how to undo it, but then again people who know how to AHKey would've already figured out how to do it without any code posted... :/

Now to explain in further detail the logic behind this fix, starcraft has a problem queueing events. In other words, while you have one button held down, no other hotkey can be pressed. Sadly, unless you have amazing hardware, the rebound rate of your click will be a HUGE bottleneck to your apm. Meaning, if you're doing 1a2a3a4a, the click after the a and before the control group will interfere with the event detector for the number.

This is a serious flaw in the way BW was programmed and has been fixed in virtually all modern video games.

The fix I include here is simple: as soon as the left mouse button is detected, complete a second, instantaneous click that clears the event buffer for your next action. Same with right click.

Just thought this would be useful to all those people out there (like me) with shitty mouses.

Update:
Btw, go to http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=101321 if you want to see how your mouse's rebound speed compares to that of other TLers.



Currently, it's full source with signature (though I think I should make a better signature).
[image loading]

--Poll Closed--
Also, in addition to discussing the fairness of this method, please feel free to add suggestions like "make it automatically disable out of brood war" or "make the signature a little more offensive please."

Update:
While I know this won't stop the debate, here are my findings from my pseudoscientific study. (sure it's voluntary response so the the actual curve might be skewed for mouse rebound times) It shows that the results of this script do not significantly improve performance over a high-quality mouse, but will significantly improve performance of a less-high quality mouse.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=101321

I'll race you to defeatism... you win.
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44335 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-09-03 02:09:32
September 03 2009 02:09 GMT
#2
Is there any way I can stop my mouse registering a double click if the clicks are too fast? It's bugged recently and become almost impossible to single click. When I try to single I double and it means I keep stopping probes from mining.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
September 03 2009 02:09 GMT
#3
why do you keep posting things that are related to cheating/hacking in some way?
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
wok
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States504 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-09-03 02:13:36
September 03 2009 02:10 GMT
#4
@kwark: I don't really understand what you mean by double click. Are you having the problem with my script or without it?

edit: I see, it's the issue where you can't drag select. How about I reset it only to p click and a click?

@arb:
because I'm a bad bad boy.
I'll race you to defeatism... you win.
stanley_
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States816 Posts
September 03 2009 02:11 GMT
#5
soo have you tested this? Where can i test it?
hoorah
BanZu
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States3329 Posts
September 03 2009 02:14 GMT
#6
On September 03 2009 11:09 arb wrote:
why do you keep posting things that are related to cheating/hacking in some way?

Why? What's it to you?
Sun Tzu once said, "Defiler becomes useless at the presences of a vessel."
jimminy_kriket
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Canada5542 Posts
September 03 2009 02:14 GMT
#7
On September 03 2009 11:09 Kwark wrote:
Is there any way I can stop my mouse registering a double click if the clicks are too fast? It's bugged recently and become almost impossible to single click. When I try to single I double and it means I keep stopping probes from mining.

youve checked your mouse settings right? you can change the double click speed in the control panel. Other than that its probably faulty hardware
life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery
lazz
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Australia3119 Posts
September 03 2009 02:15 GMT
#8
are you sure about this? i've never had a problem 1a2a3aing, and im a protoss player...

maybe im just used to it after 10 years of playing and it's become hardwired into my brain to delay the clicks..
Sadist
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States7328 Posts
September 03 2009 02:15 GMT
#9
this would be fucking awesome if it was allowed.

This shit happens to me 24/7

its great when my medics stay behind tvz =-)
How do you go from where you are to where you want to be? I think you have to have an enthusiasm for life. You have to have a dream, a goal and you have to be willing to work for it. Jim Valvano
selboN
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States2523 Posts
September 03 2009 02:17 GMT
#10
On September 03 2009 11:15 lazz wrote:
are you sure about this? i've never had a problem 1a2a3aing, and im a protoss player...

maybe im just used to it after 10 years of playing and it's become hardwired into my brain to delay the clicks..

Maybe you 1a2a3a4a slowly. I have a g15 and I run into this problem frequently.
"That's what happens when you're using a mouse made out of glass!" -Tasteless (Referring to ZergBong)
wok
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States504 Posts
September 03 2009 02:18 GMT
#11
Ok guys. Script posted fixes problem as specified, but introduces new (obvious) error that you cannot drag-select. I'm getting it to only trigger now when you are in a or p mode.
I'll race you to defeatism... you win.
lazz
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Australia3119 Posts
September 03 2009 02:19 GMT
#12
On September 03 2009 11:17 selboN wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 03 2009 11:15 lazz wrote:
are you sure about this? i've never had a problem 1a2a3aing, and im a protoss player...

maybe im just used to it after 10 years of playing and it's become hardwired into my brain to delay the clicks..

Maybe you 1a2a3a4a slowly. I have a g15 and I run into this problem frequently.

yeah i went into game and did it as fast as possible and a few times it didnt go through, so yeah, ive been delaying my clicks

i still wont use this though, it's modding the game and should be considered cheating.
Harem
Profile Joined November 2007
United States11393 Posts
September 03 2009 02:21 GMT
#13
On September 03 2009 11:09 Kwark wrote:
Is there any way I can stop my mouse registering a double click if the clicks are too fast? It's bugged recently and become almost impossible to single click. When I try to single I double and it means I keep stopping probes from mining.

I've actually had this problem before and it is so annoying. -_-

I think I had to set Folder Options to default in Control Panel and it decided to work fine after that.
Moderator。◕‿◕。
Manifesto7
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Osaka27178 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-09-04 00:50:17
September 03 2009 02:24 GMT
#14
That is a hack, you're right.
ModeratorGodfather
Manifesto7
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Osaka27178 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-09-04 00:50:49
September 04 2009 00:50 GMT
#15
Unbanned and reopened after internal debate.

I personally still find it a fine line between this and programming scripts to run long sequences of commands.

i still wont use this though, it's modding the game and should be considered cheating.


It doesn't mod the game at all.
ModeratorGodfather
pheer
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
5403 Posts
September 04 2009 01:43 GMT
#16
This is like using those special "WoW keyboards" and pistol scripts in CS... just kinda... advantageous in a bad way.
Moderator
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
September 04 2009 01:47 GMT
#17
Glad to see this reopened and unbanned.
Moderator
wok
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States504 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-09-04 01:50:54
September 04 2009 01:48 GMT
#18
Does this mean I can post the finished version?

Before I do, I'd like to explain what it does:

In a separate process the "a" and "p" buttons are captured, after which the user has .5 seconds to execute a click command.

If in that .5 seconds a click is executed, it will be instantaneous: i.e. it will not interfere with the next keystroke.

Otherwise, the detector will abort and will not be reexecuted until a or p are reselected.

All right clicks are made instantaneous.

All this does is selectively, and automatically, trigger a mouseup.

Also, if you don't mind, Mr. Manifesto, could you change the title to [idea] Click Delay After "A" or "P"
I'll race you to defeatism... you win.
ghostWriter
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3302 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-09-04 01:51:27
September 04 2009 01:49 GMT
#19
I've never had trouble with my keys not reacting properly, although I do try to upgrade stuff like siege upgrade or mines and it doesn't register and I try to lay mines or something and find that it hasn't been upgraded =/

Also, if you're going to reopen the thread, maybe you should change the title back?
Sullifam
dhe95
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States1213 Posts
September 04 2009 01:49 GMT
#20
This is using 3rd party programs to give you a small advantage. IMO that is still cheating.
1 2 3 4 5 8 9 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 10m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 139
SpeCial 116
Vindicta 6
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 11446
Artosis 547
Bale 11
League of Legends
Doublelift3822
JimRising 655
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox722
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4687
Khaldor956
Liquid`Hasu942
Other Games
summit1g7410
shahzam555
FrodaN118
NeuroSwarm68
ArmadaUGS62
Mew2King58
ViBE53
JuggernautJason38
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV193
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream74
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 26
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 26
• blackmanpl 23
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie819
• Scarra443
• Shiphtur195
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 10m
Stellar Fest
14h 10m
OSC
23h 10m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 11h
Online Event
1d 12h
FEL
1d 17h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 18h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 20h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.