• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:31
CEST 21:31
KST 04:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9271 users

US Politics Feedback Thread - Page 181

Forum Index > Website Feedback
Post a Reply
Prev 1 179 180 181 182 183 345 Next
DeepElemBlues
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States5080 Posts
August 09 2018 00:56 GMT
#3601
Don't think that approach is working too well
no place i'd rather be than the satellite of love
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
August 09 2018 01:13 GMT
#3602
It works well for most folks. No one is perfect, but it’s not the problem most folks make it out to be.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
zlefin
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
United States7689 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-08-09 02:15:49
August 09 2018 02:13 GMT
#3603
On August 09 2018 09:23 DeepElemBlues wrote:
would it be possible to set it up so people can't get into fast and furious back and forth with one person or multiple people

like, you post, you can't post again until X number of new posts have been made in the thread

that would maybe sometimes prevent people from whipping each other and themselves into a frenzy that ultimately results in banhammerization *shrug*

i kinda feel bad seeing someone got a ban then i look at their post history and i see they got banned for post #10256 in the thread and they also made post #10254, #10250, #10248, #10246, #10244, #10241 etc... pretty obvious what's going on there, if they'd had to take more time between posts in that thread maybe they wouldn't have got so heated and stepped over the line

in my experience; in cases like that, at least one of the posters is just being a bad poster who shouldn't be posting anyways.

the other reason a proposal like yours woudln't wokr is it would prevent a large number of reasonable and perfectly fine discussions (if enforced by the software).
back and forth posts aren't inherently a problem; unless the two individuals involved are going at it in a certain way; and if they are, it often happens fast enough that mods who only check in periodically may not be able to tell anything. (i.e. it cna be many hours before amod response happens to anything but the most blatant cases)
Great read: http://shorensteincenter.org/news-coverage-2016-general-election/ great book on democracy: http://press.princeton.edu/titles/10671.html zlefin is grumpier due to long term illness. Ignoring some users.
kidleaderr
Profile Joined April 2013
368 Posts
August 09 2018 03:25 GMT
#3604
GH posting has been awful for well over a year now. He literally e-fights everyone in the thread and ALWAYS without fail has to have the last word. Either that or he'll hit you with a 1500 word response and force you to tap out.
Danglars
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States12133 Posts
August 09 2018 04:06 GMT
#3605
On August 09 2018 09:56 DeepElemBlues wrote:
Don't think that approach is working too well

But what approach entices you to come back to the thread? All this GH and “making it personal” misses the point.
Great armies come from happy zealots, and happy zealots come from California!
TL+ Member
Doodsmack
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7224 Posts
August 09 2018 04:09 GMT
#3606
GH has this idea in his head that because he has identified egregious wrongs in just about every institution in America, no discussion should occur on topics other than those egregious wrongs. And so he brings everything back to those wrongs and says "you're just ignoring this, which means that your concern or topic doesn't matter." It's a fallacy.
DeepElemBlues
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States5080 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-08-09 05:12:26
August 09 2018 05:02 GMT
#3607
On August 09 2018 13:06 Danglars wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 09 2018 09:56 DeepElemBlues wrote:
Don't think that approach is working too well

But what approach entices you to come back to the thread? All this GH and “making it personal” misses the point.


I dunno, I mean I don't even know if my idea would be technically possible... don't think I was missing the point at all. Lots of people get into that groove where they're all caught up and can't help themselves, you look at the profiles of a lot of the USMPT "regulars" and you see it pretty regularly, out of a 50 post range they'll have 15-25 of them, and then you read those posts and you can see the decorum degrading.

I also think that 'be mature and don't let yourself get caught up like that' sounds nice but clearly doesn't match the way people behave and likely never will. So maybe there's some other solution short of thread bans that makes it so people take a deep breath, look at some pretty birds, murder some pixels on B.net, whatever, before they wade into the rhetorical fray again.

Maybe it's just impossible and there is nothing to be done except the way things are already being handled lol. Could be. I don't think anyone would say that the current state is ideal, I don't even have to look at the thread more than once a week maybe to see that and I would feel some serious trepidation about posting in it other than one-offs, here's my opinion, I'm not responding to anyone who quotes me and probably not even quoting anyone. Conversation, in that thread? Ehhhh. I don't know how those who do post in it regularly manage to do so without their doctor asking them "are you eating a pound of salt a day or something, look at your blood pressure geez!" every time they get a checkup.

On August 09 2018 11:13 zlefin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 09 2018 09:23 DeepElemBlues wrote:
would it be possible to set it up so people can't get into fast and furious back and forth with one person or multiple people

like, you post, you can't post again until X number of new posts have been made in the thread

that would maybe sometimes prevent people from whipping each other and themselves into a frenzy that ultimately results in banhammerization *shrug*

i kinda feel bad seeing someone got a ban then i look at their post history and i see they got banned for post #10256 in the thread and they also made post #10254, #10250, #10248, #10246, #10244, #10241 etc... pretty obvious what's going on there, if they'd had to take more time between posts in that thread maybe they wouldn't have got so heated and stepped over the line

in my experience; in cases like that, at least one of the posters is just being a bad poster who shouldn't be posting anyways.

the other reason a proposal like yours woudln't wokr is it would prevent a large number of reasonable and perfectly fine discussions (if enforced by the software).
back and forth posts aren't inherently a problem; unless the two individuals involved are going at it in a certain way; and if they are, it often happens fast enough that mods who only check in periodically may not be able to tell anything. (i.e. it cna be many hours before amod response happens to anything but the most blatant cases)


Maybe not a post limit but a time limit. You get one post every 10-20 minutes. If people are really into a good discussion with someone they'll come back to it. Of course they might for a bad discussion too if they're cheesed off enough.

I'm just going off looking at some users' profiles and seeing the pattern of posting and then reading the posts, I gotta disagree usually it doesn't seem to be a case of one bad user being bad from the start. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong users. There usually seems to be a shift a few posts in where one or both parties goes into overdrive and then it's Katie bar the door.

But again maybe my idea is poop and there isn't much different that could be done than what is. I just think something like that could encourage more thoughtful posting in several different ways for several different reasons. Or not.
no place i'd rather be than the satellite of love
zlefin
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
United States7689 Posts
August 09 2018 12:52 GMT
#3608
There's probably lots of good discussions that occur though in fairly quick succession. You'd also at any rate need a way to separate the code for dealing with live events, wherein the posting frequency gets much higher; which would require an actively administered toggle. which is more mod work and a possible failure point.
Great read: http://shorensteincenter.org/news-coverage-2016-general-election/ great book on democracy: http://press.princeton.edu/titles/10671.html zlefin is grumpier due to long term illness. Ignoring some users.
Dangermousecatdog
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom7084 Posts
August 09 2018 16:27 GMT
#3609
I got myself into a fast and furious back and forth with multiple people recently and no one got banned from it.

What do people think the difference is?
brian
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States9643 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-08-09 16:48:33
August 09 2018 16:39 GMT
#3610
my mistake, i can’t find those posts i thought i had been alluding to.
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
August 09 2018 16:48 GMT
#3611
Honestly, it’s because you know when to back down and not hammer other posters with the same questions until they just give up.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
ticklishmusic
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States15977 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-08-09 18:35:55
August 09 2018 16:52 GMT
#3612
sometimes the best response is not to respond. the winning move is not to play, pick your battles, etc.

my blood pressure is doing a lot better following that idea.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
August 09 2018 17:09 GMT
#3613
The worst is when the thread is having an discussion and we get posters coming to either bait up the thread or tell everyone who the discussion doesn’t matter. Which basically kills the discussion going forward.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Sermokala
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States14211 Posts
August 10 2018 01:17 GMT
#3614
Or when someone insists that the other person simply doesn't understand what they are arguing about and turns to insults and attacks on the person directly or indirectly. GH illustrated this best with misunderstanding what discussing things over scotch means.
A wise man will say that he knows nothing. We're gona party like its 2752 Hail Dark Brandon
iamthedave
Profile Joined February 2011
England2814 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-08-10 08:25:09
August 10 2018 08:24 GMT
#3615
On August 09 2018 12:25 kidleaderr wrote:
GH posting has been awful for well over a year now. He literally e-fights everyone in the thread and ALWAYS without fail has to have the last word. Either that or he'll hit you with a 1500 word response and force you to tap out.


No that's not true. GH often posts decent to high quality posts. The problem is that it often feels like there's no actual discussion; he knows he's right - especially when he's wrong - will never back down, and on certain topics he sooner or later starts directly attacking people. He thinks, when he denounces people as not knowing what they're talking about, that there's some assumption from the other side that he does, and he never feels the need to really back up what he's saying.

The arguments he's having/had about Maduro in Venezuala are the prime evidence of this. He knows very little about that situation, but damned if that's going to stop him pushing a narrative over it.

And his outright hatred of liberals means he clashes personally with a lot of the posters in the thread and most of the US posters there, since most of the left-leaning ones are liberals and the right-leaning ones... well, he obviously disagrees with them because he's farish left.

I've had my personal ups and downs with him but I think we get along relatively well. You just have to refuse to take what he says personally and appreciate that he's a passionate activist for his beliefs. Such people will always get in your face if you disagree, it's how the process works.
I'm not bad at Starcraft; I just think winning's rude.
Danglars
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States12133 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-08-10 19:44:37
August 10 2018 19:42 GMT
#3616
On August 09 2018 14:02 DeepElemBlues wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 09 2018 13:06 Danglars wrote:
On August 09 2018 09:56 DeepElemBlues wrote:
Don't think that approach is working too well

But what approach entices you to come back to the thread? All this GH and “making it personal” misses the point.


I dunno, I mean I don't even know if my idea would be technically possible... don't think I was missing the point at all. Lots of people get into that groove where they're all caught up and can't help themselves, you look at the profiles of a lot of the USMPT "regulars" and you see it pretty regularly, out of a 50 post range they'll have 15-25 of them, and then you read those posts and you can see the decorum degrading.

I also think that 'be mature and don't let yourself get caught up like that' sounds nice but clearly doesn't match the way people behave and likely never will. So maybe there's some other solution short of thread bans that makes it so people take a deep breath, look at some pretty birds, murder some pixels on B.net, whatever, before they wade into the rhetorical fray again.

Maybe it's just impossible and there is nothing to be done except the way things are already being handled lol. Could be. I don't think anyone would say that the current state is ideal, I don't even have to look at the thread more than once a week maybe to see that and I would feel some serious trepidation about posting in it other than one-offs, here's my opinion, I'm not responding to anyone who quotes me and probably not even quoting anyone. Conversation, in that thread? Ehhhh. I don't know how those who do post in it regularly manage to do so without their doctor asking them "are you eating a pound of salt a day or something, look at your blood pressure geez!" every time they get a checkup.

I dont think the individual back and forth matters so much. It’s pretty easy to breeze through. I’m more concerned with the shorter leash given to conservative posters for snark and choosing whom not to start discussions with. For the former, the kind of “this thing is practically angelic, but the conservative view is corrupt and evil, but of course understandable because cons hate that stuff” is permitted, but not the ideological reverse. Specifically, if it’s asserted without evidence, the only reply must be including evidence and not just contrary opinion. Also, not engaging with the more gutter-mouthed and bad faith posters is regarded as “not acknowledging the other side when they point out your BS.” I’ve got no problem with the occasional one-on-one with a unified standard for what’s actionable. Most of the GH wars are easy to skim through (though obviously the trolling gets obscene sometimes).

I’m pretty pessimistic at the thread moving towards a diversity of opinions that include pro-Trump and pro-GOP in the mix with the current moderation staff and how they act intentionally and unintentionally. The thread and current moderation approach is fine for left-wing fringe criticism of the mainstream left, and the reverse, since they both get similar mod treatment for irony and incisive political opinions.

I agree with you when you say “” I don't even have to look at the thread more than once a week maybe to see that and I would feel some serious trepidation about posting in it other than one-offs, here's my opinion, I'm not responding to anyone who quotes me and probably not even quoting anyone. “” I wonder if a lead up to 2020, or even a 2018 post-election analysis phase will change that.
Great armies come from happy zealots, and happy zealots come from California!
TL+ Member
Aveng3r
Profile Joined February 2012
United States2411 Posts
August 10 2018 21:00 GMT
#3617
On August 11 2018 04:42 Danglars wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 09 2018 14:02 DeepElemBlues wrote:
On August 09 2018 13:06 Danglars wrote:
On August 09 2018 09:56 DeepElemBlues wrote:
Don't think that approach is working too well

But what approach entices you to come back to the thread? All this GH and “making it personal” misses the point.


I dunno, I mean I don't even know if my idea would be technically possible... don't think I was missing the point at all. Lots of people get into that groove where they're all caught up and can't help themselves, you look at the profiles of a lot of the USMPT "regulars" and you see it pretty regularly, out of a 50 post range they'll have 15-25 of them, and then you read those posts and you can see the decorum degrading.

I also think that 'be mature and don't let yourself get caught up like that' sounds nice but clearly doesn't match the way people behave and likely never will. So maybe there's some other solution short of thread bans that makes it so people take a deep breath, look at some pretty birds, murder some pixels on B.net, whatever, before they wade into the rhetorical fray again.

Maybe it's just impossible and there is nothing to be done except the way things are already being handled lol. Could be. I don't think anyone would say that the current state is ideal, I don't even have to look at the thread more than once a week maybe to see that and I would feel some serious trepidation about posting in it other than one-offs, here's my opinion, I'm not responding to anyone who quotes me and probably not even quoting anyone. Conversation, in that thread? Ehhhh. I don't know how those who do post in it regularly manage to do so without their doctor asking them "are you eating a pound of salt a day or something, look at your blood pressure geez!" every time they get a checkup.

I dont think the individual back and forth matters so much. It’s pretty easy to breeze through. I’m more concerned with the shorter leash given to conservative posters for snark and choosing whom not to start discussions with. For the former, the kind of “this thing is practically angelic, but the conservative view is corrupt and evil, but of course understandable because cons hate that stuff” is permitted, but not the ideological reverse. Specifically, if it’s asserted without evidence, the only reply must be including evidence and not just contrary opinion. Also, not engaging with the more gutter-mouthed and bad faith posters is regarded as “not acknowledging the other side when they point out your BS.” I’ve got no problem with the occasional one-on-one with a unified standard for what’s actionable. Most of the GH wars are easy to skim through (though obviously the trolling gets obscene sometimes).

I’m pretty pessimistic at the thread moving towards a diversity of opinions that include pro-Trump and pro-GOP in the mix with the current moderation staff and how they act intentionally and unintentionally. The thread and current moderation approach is fine for left-wing fringe criticism of the mainstream left, and the reverse, since they both get similar mod treatment for irony and incisive political opinions.

I agree with you when you say “” I don't even have to look at the thread more than once a week maybe to see that and I would feel some serious trepidation about posting in it other than one-offs, here's my opinion, I'm not responding to anyone who quotes me and probably not even quoting anyone. “” I wonder if a lead up to 2020, or even a 2018 post-election analysis phase will change that.

The fact that you, as far as I can tell a smart guy, continue to believe that you are singled out for your political positions, and NOT your nauseatingly condescending and unpleasant tone, will probably never cease to amaze me
I carve marble busts of assassinated world leaders - PM for a quote
Danglars
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States12133 Posts
August 10 2018 21:46 GMT
#3618
On August 11 2018 06:00 Aveng3r wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 11 2018 04:42 Danglars wrote:
On August 09 2018 14:02 DeepElemBlues wrote:
On August 09 2018 13:06 Danglars wrote:
On August 09 2018 09:56 DeepElemBlues wrote:
Don't think that approach is working too well

But what approach entices you to come back to the thread? All this GH and “making it personal” misses the point.


I dunno, I mean I don't even know if my idea would be technically possible... don't think I was missing the point at all. Lots of people get into that groove where they're all caught up and can't help themselves, you look at the profiles of a lot of the USMPT "regulars" and you see it pretty regularly, out of a 50 post range they'll have 15-25 of them, and then you read those posts and you can see the decorum degrading.

I also think that 'be mature and don't let yourself get caught up like that' sounds nice but clearly doesn't match the way people behave and likely never will. So maybe there's some other solution short of thread bans that makes it so people take a deep breath, look at some pretty birds, murder some pixels on B.net, whatever, before they wade into the rhetorical fray again.

Maybe it's just impossible and there is nothing to be done except the way things are already being handled lol. Could be. I don't think anyone would say that the current state is ideal, I don't even have to look at the thread more than once a week maybe to see that and I would feel some serious trepidation about posting in it other than one-offs, here's my opinion, I'm not responding to anyone who quotes me and probably not even quoting anyone. Conversation, in that thread? Ehhhh. I don't know how those who do post in it regularly manage to do so without their doctor asking them "are you eating a pound of salt a day or something, look at your blood pressure geez!" every time they get a checkup.

I dont think the individual back and forth matters so much. It’s pretty easy to breeze through. I’m more concerned with the shorter leash given to conservative posters for snark and choosing whom not to start discussions with. For the former, the kind of “this thing is practically angelic, but the conservative view is corrupt and evil, but of course understandable because cons hate that stuff” is permitted, but not the ideological reverse. Specifically, if it’s asserted without evidence, the only reply must be including evidence and not just contrary opinion. Also, not engaging with the more gutter-mouthed and bad faith posters is regarded as “not acknowledging the other side when they point out your BS.” I’ve got no problem with the occasional one-on-one with a unified standard for what’s actionable. Most of the GH wars are easy to skim through (though obviously the trolling gets obscene sometimes).

I’m pretty pessimistic at the thread moving towards a diversity of opinions that include pro-Trump and pro-GOP in the mix with the current moderation staff and how they act intentionally and unintentionally. The thread and current moderation approach is fine for left-wing fringe criticism of the mainstream left, and the reverse, since they both get similar mod treatment for irony and incisive political opinions.

I agree with you when you say “” I don't even have to look at the thread more than once a week maybe to see that and I would feel some serious trepidation about posting in it other than one-offs, here's my opinion, I'm not responding to anyone who quotes me and probably not even quoting anyone. “” I wonder if a lead up to 2020, or even a 2018 post-election analysis phase will change that.

The fact that you, as far as I can tell a smart guy, continue to believe that you are singled out for your political positions, and NOT your nauseatingly condescending and unpleasant tone, will probably never cease to amaze me

Right back at you. I used to believe liberal posters that love their flippant style and caustic rebukes would identify and handle the same and lesser backlash, but I was thoroughly disappointed. I mean, you clearly think a condescending comment about my opinions vs otherwise smart attitude is appropos. I really thought neutral consideration would hold sway in the end.

But this is about a clear trend over years not focused on me or any other single poster, as much as you want to make it about me.
Great armies come from happy zealots, and happy zealots come from California!
TL+ Member
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-08-10 22:20:05
August 10 2018 22:18 GMT
#3619
On August 08 2018 09:45 Seeker wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2018 09:04 Danglars wrote:
On August 08 2018 08:20 IgnE wrote:
free stealthblue. the people demand a stealthblue exception. free stealthblue

Frankly, I'm more interested that the mods have yet to weigh in on your previous post and RvB's:
On August 06 2018 20:18 RvB wrote:
On August 06 2018 10:47 KwarK wrote:
On August 06 2018 10:26 JimmiC wrote:
On August 06 2018 09:52 KwarK wrote:
On August 06 2018 09:38 xDaunt wrote:
On August 06 2018 05:29 KwarK wrote:
Globalists has always been Jews lol. The secret group of people within every nation who don't belong to the race and don't share the culture/religion/language/blood of the nation but are instead loyal to their international fraternal brotherhood. Also they control banking. And they're working together to destroy nations through creating global governments etc. It's literally the Protocols of the Elders of Zion.

xDaunt's shtick has always been that he's not a Nazi, he just says all the same things as them. This is just another example. He won't say that globalist means Jews, but he will agree that the (((globalists))) like Soros are the enemy.

Uh, no. Globalists definitely does not mean Jews in the context of globalism vs nationalism. Anyone who thinks otherwise is really missing the big picture. Globalists include anyone who seeks to subordinate the interests of the nation state to global interests and institutions. This is a very broad category, though George Soros is certainly in it.

Your disagreement can be summed up as “you’re forgetting the Jew-lovers, it’s not just Jews”. Seriously, take an honest look at the rhetoric of the rest of the anti-globalist crowd sometime. None of its new.

How do the globalists your talking about justify trumps support of Israel if they hate jews? I'm interested in the mental gymnastics.

It's not my mental gymnastics, it's theirs, I'm not a Nazi who supports Trump and has to reconcile his incoherent policy decisions with my own Nazi ideology. Why not ask xDaunt this question?

Is this acceptable? Kwark is calling xDaunt a Nazi here. Will this have any consequences?

On August 07 2018 02:14 IgnE wrote:
On August 07 2018 01:19 Nebuchad wrote:
On August 07 2018 00:37 IgnE wrote:
I guess you can't be opposed to totally free trade or you are a Nazi. Or the World Bank. Or socialism.

That's one way to be political. "You're either with me or you're a Nazi"


It's weird to see you refuse to engage with what is being said like this.


kollin's is the only interesting post in that whole line of discussion. calling people nazis for using the word globalist is about as lazy as calling people who criticize israel anti-semitic.


It's been a day now, and all that any observer can tell is that you may accuse other posters of being Nazis for using populist language, particularly if you're part of the old boy network of moderators. There's been zero response, and based on Plexa's post, we should all just "move along."

Plexa, Seeker, and tofucake: Is Kwark's use of Nazi accusations in the context of populist critique of globalism something you condone or approve of in the US Politics thread? There's been a conspicuous lack of feedback in Website Feedback on whether or not posters may lodge accusations of Nazism based on word choice of other posters.

I answered that here: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/website-feedback/510156-us-politics-thread?page=178#3558

And no, I don't condone KwarK's usage of Nazi accusations when he is arguing with xDaunt or anyone else. However, I also know that KwarK is not an idiot. He's well-versed in US politics and he's an intelligent individual. Almost rarely do I ever question why he said what he said. He may not make decisions that I agree with, but he doesn't just state things for the hell of it.


A bit late to the party (3 days in fact), but as someone who has had the pleasure of running into KwarK on at this point rather many occasions I really want to throw my 2 cents in here: I agree with everything in this post. There is no doubt that KwarK is a very smart person who generally knows his stuff. What you left out is that KwarK is also a monumental asshole a large portion of the time. He acts like someone who "doesn't have time for your shit" while simultaneously writing essays and well thought out posts on the topic. I have zero doubts that if anyone who wasn't a mod acted like he did they would be perm banned by now. It's all well and fine to be correct in your posts, but the way the message is delivered is often counter productive to having a reasonable discussion.

I rarely have trouble with anything he writes as I find myself agreeing most of the time. But I can completely understand if someone else would take offence to it.
Dangermousecatdog
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom7084 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-08-11 22:47:55
August 11 2018 20:29 GMT
#3620
The obliviousness that danglars has of himself is somewhat amusing. Maybe it isn't your opinions, but the way you say it. Same applies to GH. My opinions can cause a heated arguments in the US pol thread but I haven't got myself banned over it. Yet.

Case in point danglars post where he simultaneously continues his condescending tone whilst complaining about so called snark, whilst writing that it's not about a single poster, but writes "right back at you". That post truly is Danglars in a nutshell.
Prev 1 179 180 181 182 183 345 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 1593
RotterdaM942
TaKeTV 387
IndyStarCraft 206
SteadfastSC163
ZombieGrub103
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 1593
RotterdaM 942
IndyStarCraft 206
SteadfastSC 163
RuFF_SC2 144
MaxPax 140
ZombieGrub103
UpATreeSC 76
MindelVK 24
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2756
Shuttle 526
Dewaltoss 107
910 71
Mind 61
Bale 16
Counter-Strike
fl0m4333
pashabiceps1649
Fnx 681
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4594
Liquid`Hasu599
Other Games
Beastyqt768
mouzStarbuck428
ToD183
C9.Mang0156
shahzam110
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV222
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream25
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 175
• Reevou 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Eskiya23 18
• 80smullet 17
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade329
Other Games
• imaqtpie865
• Shiphtur343
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
3h 29m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 29m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
15h 29m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 4h
Patches Events
1d 20h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.