• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:19
CEST 22:19
KST 05:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8210 users

US Politics Feedback Thread - Page 180

Forum Index > Website Feedback
Post a Reply
Prev 1 178 179 180 181 182 345 Next
zlefin
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
United States7689 Posts
August 08 2018 00:55 GMT
#3581
On August 08 2018 09:43 LegalLord wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2018 09:16 Danglars wrote:
On August 08 2018 09:04 LegalLord wrote:
On August 08 2018 08:20 IgnE wrote:
free stealthblue. the people demand a stealthblue exception. free stealthblue

Could we at least free Kickboxer from the USPMT ban list?

I mean he angrily posted a novel-length reply in the EU thread right after a ban from the US Pol thread. And I think his mod PM was pretty incoherent to say the least (I think "dense" would be the more charitable explanation).

No one is saying to reverse the site-wide ban.

this is an interesting and potentially useful point. It's helpful when ban lists are short and easy to read.
was kickboxer given a perm site ban, or just a long term one? I forget.
If someone has a permanent site ban, removing them from the threadban list would reduce clutter. Of course now the lists are short enough that maybe it doesn't really matter. There is however merit in having the historical record noting that some people were threadbanned.
Great read: http://shorensteincenter.org/news-coverage-2016-general-election/ great book on democracy: http://press.princeton.edu/titles/10671.html zlefin is grumpier due to long term illness. Ignoring some users.
Aveng3r
Profile Joined February 2012
United States2411 Posts
August 08 2018 01:13 GMT
#3582
On August 08 2018 07:54 Seeker wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2018 06:33 zlefin wrote:
On August 08 2018 05:49 Aveng3r wrote:
On August 08 2018 05:26 zlefin wrote:
On August 08 2018 05:18 Aveng3r wrote:
I still can't get my head around these temp bans that are getting slapped on stealthblue

I appreciate getting to read the news that he posts and I can't understand why his presentation of it gets micromanaged so hard. I also don't see who his posts are hurting - everyone is free to skip over his posts and keep arguing the theme of the day if they desire.

What is the rationale here?

I think the basic rationale is: they set a rule, and stealth repeatedly fails to follow it. the bans are just because repeated warnings are failing to work.

regardless of whether the rule itself is reasonable or well thought out, it's the rule they've chosen so they're going to enforce it.

The rule itself is the target of my gripe

ok, well, gl getting an answer. Seeker generally tries to answer stuff, so if you don't get an answer in a few days you could try pm'ing him to get an answer.
I know the topic was discussed aways back in the thread, and maybe there was an answer there, but I would'nt know the page number or anything.

I would be happy to answer any of Aveng3r's questions. However, I'm not sure what else more there is to say that hasn't already been covered previously.

I hear ya, I know this has been covered before I just don't know exactly which page and I cant be bothered to look through all of it, too many pages here now

Just to condense a few thoughts, I saw last page someone say that people were linking articles to make their points in arguments rather than make the points themselves - I get why this was annoying and not conducive to having an actual discussion. No argument there.

However I don't think CC did this. My feeling (and maybe I'm wrong - never interacted with him personally like I'm sure you and others have) was that he was and is just trying to contribute information to the thread. Not only do I appreciate reading what he posts as a source of information, I also appreciate the idea of contributing to something for everybody's benefit.

So basically I write this to say that I think that the thread is lesser without CC making his posts. I also think that the rule changes have merit and are worth enforcing within a certain context, but in this case are catching a well meaning poster in the crossfire.

Thoughts?
I carve marble busts of assassinated world leaders - PM for a quote
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
August 08 2018 01:38 GMT
#3583
I think the times that StealthBlue took sarcastic potshots along with his newsposts are of the class of posts that rule was intended to eliminate. That doesn't describe all of StealthBlue's newsposts but it does describe a non-negligible fraction from what I recall.
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-08-08 01:51:53
August 08 2018 01:51 GMT
#3584
On August 08 2018 10:13 Aveng3r wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2018 07:54 Seeker wrote:
On August 08 2018 06:33 zlefin wrote:
On August 08 2018 05:49 Aveng3r wrote:
On August 08 2018 05:26 zlefin wrote:
On August 08 2018 05:18 Aveng3r wrote:
I still can't get my head around these temp bans that are getting slapped on stealthblue

I appreciate getting to read the news that he posts and I can't understand why his presentation of it gets micromanaged so hard. I also don't see who his posts are hurting - everyone is free to skip over his posts and keep arguing the theme of the day if they desire.

What is the rationale here?

I think the basic rationale is: they set a rule, and stealth repeatedly fails to follow it. the bans are just because repeated warnings are failing to work.

regardless of whether the rule itself is reasonable or well thought out, it's the rule they've chosen so they're going to enforce it.

The rule itself is the target of my gripe

ok, well, gl getting an answer. Seeker generally tries to answer stuff, so if you don't get an answer in a few days you could try pm'ing him to get an answer.
I know the topic was discussed aways back in the thread, and maybe there was an answer there, but I would'nt know the page number or anything.

I would be happy to answer any of Aveng3r's questions. However, I'm not sure what else more there is to say that hasn't already been covered previously.

I hear ya, I know this has been covered before I just don't know exactly which page and I cant be bothered to look through all of it, too many pages here now

Just to condense a few thoughts, I saw last page someone say that people were linking articles to make their points in arguments rather than make the points themselves - I get why this was annoying and not conducive to having an actual discussion. No argument there.

However I don't think CC did this. My feeling (and maybe I'm wrong - never interacted with him personally like I'm sure you and others have) was that he was and is just trying to contribute information to the thread. Not only do I appreciate reading what he posts as a source of information, I also appreciate the idea of contributing to something for everybody's benefit.

So basically I write this to say that I think that the thread is lesser without CC making his posts. I also think that the rule changes have merit and are worth enforcing within a certain context, but in this case are catching a well meaning poster in the crossfire.

Thoughts?

When SB links a source, the supporting statement that he provides does not follow the new guidelines. Your supporting statement when providing a source should explain what the source is about, and why it is relevant for people to discuss it.

When SB posts his supporting statements, they are almost always filled with his own personal opinions about the article and what he thinks about it. That kind of statement does absolutely nothing to help the readers understand what the source is about in the first place and why people should read it.

The biggest issue the USPMT had before these new guidelines came along was that people were posting articles links and tweets without giving any context whatsoever. That is unacceptable because it's just lazy posting. If you can't even bother to explain why you're linking what you're linking and why it's relevant, then why should people even bother to read what you link?
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
zlefin
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
United States7689 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-08-08 01:57:16
August 08 2018 01:57 GMT
#3585
While I largely agree that kind of posting can be lazy; a news feed of a few major articles/top stories of the day wouldn't be a problem imho, as their relevance is self-evident and helps give context to people less tuned in, and many of those had pertinence that was self-evident by their title (at least to anyone who remotely follows politics). It's just that, like aqua said, some of SBs were of the more problematic kind.

btw, the rules on posts like that are just for uspmt, not sitewide, right?
Great read: http://shorensteincenter.org/news-coverage-2016-general-election/ great book on democracy: http://press.princeton.edu/titles/10671.html zlefin is grumpier due to long term illness. Ignoring some users.
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
August 08 2018 02:19 GMT
#3586
On August 08 2018 10:57 zlefin wrote:
While I largely agree that kind of posting can be lazy; a news feed of a few major articles/top stories of the day wouldn't be a problem imho, as their relevance is self-evident and helps give context to people less tuned in, and many of those had pertinence that was self-evident by their title (at least to anyone who remotely follows politics). It's just that, like aqua said, some of SBs were of the more problematic kind.

btw, the rules on posts like that are just for uspmt, not sitewide, right?

Although this thread does not function under the same strict guidelines as the USPMT, it is still a general practice on TL to provide a source with an explanation on why it is relevant and what purpose it adds to the discussion. Failure to do so will result in a mod action.
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
Dangermousecatdog
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom7084 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-08-08 21:37:56
August 08 2018 21:37 GMT
#3587
The claim that the rule singles out stealthblue cannot be said to be true. Preventing stealthblue's hit and run clickbait posts is a positive improvement to the thread. Formerly, it was more of a case that everybody else who did it got warned and tempbanned, but stealthblue had immunity due to being a staffmember. When he was no longer a staff member, he lost that immunity, but carried on the same posting that got everyone else warned and banned for. Doodsmack also got banned from doing so and he wasn't nearly as bad, yet no one is calling for doodsmack to be back.
zlefin
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
United States7689 Posts
August 08 2018 22:05 GMT
#3588
On August 08 2018 11:19 Seeker wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2018 10:57 zlefin wrote:
While I largely agree that kind of posting can be lazy; a news feed of a few major articles/top stories of the day wouldn't be a problem imho, as their relevance is self-evident and helps give context to people less tuned in, and many of those had pertinence that was self-evident by their title (at least to anyone who remotely follows politics). It's just that, like aqua said, some of SBs were of the more problematic kind.

btw, the rules on posts like that are just for uspmt, not sitewide, right?

Show nested quote +
Although this thread does not function under the same strict guidelines as the USPMT, it is still a general practice on TL to provide a source with an explanation on why it is relevant and what purpose it adds to the discussion. Failure to do so will result in a mod action.

but then how come he does that in the space thread (aka nasa and the private sector)? the space thread is like 50%+ news posts by stealth; and most people seem to like it. last time I asked everyone was fine with the thread as it was. is the thread a special exception or something?
Great read: http://shorensteincenter.org/news-coverage-2016-general-election/ great book on democracy: http://press.princeton.edu/titles/10671.html zlefin is grumpier due to long term illness. Ignoring some users.
LegalLord
Profile Blog Joined April 2013
United States13779 Posts
August 08 2018 22:23 GMT
#3589
Honestly I think CCSB is a remarkably bad poster that has consistently dragged the thread(s) down with a sea of non-contributing twit posts. I spent over a year asking for that to be dealt with - and only now did it finally get done.
History will sooner or later sweep the European Union away without mercy.
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
August 08 2018 22:28 GMT
#3590
On August 09 2018 07:05 zlefin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2018 11:19 Seeker wrote:
On August 08 2018 10:57 zlefin wrote:
While I largely agree that kind of posting can be lazy; a news feed of a few major articles/top stories of the day wouldn't be a problem imho, as their relevance is self-evident and helps give context to people less tuned in, and many of those had pertinence that was self-evident by their title (at least to anyone who remotely follows politics). It's just that, like aqua said, some of SBs were of the more problematic kind.

btw, the rules on posts like that are just for uspmt, not sitewide, right?

Although this thread does not function under the same strict guidelines as the USPMT, it is still a general practice on TL to provide a source with an explanation on why it is relevant and what purpose it adds to the discussion. Failure to do so will result in a mod action.

but then how come he does that in the space thread (aka nasa and the private sector)? the space thread is like 50%+ news posts by stealth; and most people seem to like it. last time I asked everyone was fine with the thread as it was. is the thread a special exception or something?

Space thread is fine. Political threads like USPMT, Gun thread, Euro-economics thread, etc. need to be moderated and carefully watched over.
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24372 Posts
August 08 2018 22:34 GMT
#3591
GH, your recent posts in the USPMT have been tremendously awful. It feels like you are just trying to pick a fight with everybody. I think it's time for you to take a long break away from the USPMT. If you can't have civil political discussions, then just don't post at all. You are hereby temporarily banned from the USPMT until further notice.


If you just put "people are complaining about your posting despite it not breaking any rules and it irritates me so I'm banning you" I'd be less frustrated by this.

Alas, I'm not surprised at all.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
August 08 2018 22:49 GMT
#3592
But the real reason is you are just an asshole to people and no one gets to cuss you out because this is TL.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
zlefin
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
United States7689 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-08-08 22:54:00
August 08 2018 22:52 GMT
#3593
On August 09 2018 07:28 Seeker wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 09 2018 07:05 zlefin wrote:
On August 08 2018 11:19 Seeker wrote:
On August 08 2018 10:57 zlefin wrote:
While I largely agree that kind of posting can be lazy; a news feed of a few major articles/top stories of the day wouldn't be a problem imho, as their relevance is self-evident and helps give context to people less tuned in, and many of those had pertinence that was self-evident by their title (at least to anyone who remotely follows politics). It's just that, like aqua said, some of SBs were of the more problematic kind.

btw, the rules on posts like that are just for uspmt, not sitewide, right?

Although this thread does not function under the same strict guidelines as the USPMT, it is still a general practice on TL to provide a source with an explanation on why it is relevant and what purpose it adds to the discussion. Failure to do so will result in a mod action.

but then how come he does that in the space thread (aka nasa and the private sector)? the space thread is like 50%+ news posts by stealth; and most people seem to like it. last time I asked everyone was fine with the thread as it was. is the thread a special exception or something?

Space thread is fine. Political threads like USPMT, Gun thread, Euro-economics thread, etc. need to be moderated and carefully watched over.

I agree space thread is fine; i'm just trying to understand the rules.
so that rule only applies to political threads (or other threads which are more trouble prone) then?
Great read: http://shorensteincenter.org/news-coverage-2016-general-election/ great book on democracy: http://press.princeton.edu/titles/10671.html zlefin is grumpier due to long term illness. Ignoring some users.
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19259 Posts
August 08 2018 22:54 GMT
#3594
The rules apply where they need to. People don't get into extremely heated arguments which devolve into name calling and shitposting over the space thread posts. They do in the political threads.
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
zlefin
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
United States7689 Posts
August 08 2018 22:57 GMT
#3595
On August 09 2018 07:54 tofucake wrote:
The rules apply where they need to. People don't get into extremely heated arguments which devolve into name calling and shitposting over the space thread posts. They do in the political threads.

ok, so the rules don't matter/don't apply if the thread is fine and noone's causing a problem in it. thanks for the clarification.
Great read: http://shorensteincenter.org/news-coverage-2016-general-election/ great book on democracy: http://press.princeton.edu/titles/10671.html zlefin is grumpier due to long term illness. Ignoring some users.
Aveng3r
Profile Joined February 2012
United States2411 Posts
August 08 2018 23:22 GMT
#3596
On August 08 2018 10:51 Seeker wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2018 10:13 Aveng3r wrote:
On August 08 2018 07:54 Seeker wrote:
On August 08 2018 06:33 zlefin wrote:
On August 08 2018 05:49 Aveng3r wrote:
On August 08 2018 05:26 zlefin wrote:
On August 08 2018 05:18 Aveng3r wrote:
I still can't get my head around these temp bans that are getting slapped on stealthblue

I appreciate getting to read the news that he posts and I can't understand why his presentation of it gets micromanaged so hard. I also don't see who his posts are hurting - everyone is free to skip over his posts and keep arguing the theme of the day if they desire.

What is the rationale here?

I think the basic rationale is: they set a rule, and stealth repeatedly fails to follow it. the bans are just because repeated warnings are failing to work.

regardless of whether the rule itself is reasonable or well thought out, it's the rule they've chosen so they're going to enforce it.

The rule itself is the target of my gripe

ok, well, gl getting an answer. Seeker generally tries to answer stuff, so if you don't get an answer in a few days you could try pm'ing him to get an answer.
I know the topic was discussed aways back in the thread, and maybe there was an answer there, but I would'nt know the page number or anything.

I would be happy to answer any of Aveng3r's questions. However, I'm not sure what else more there is to say that hasn't already been covered previously.

I hear ya, I know this has been covered before I just don't know exactly which page and I cant be bothered to look through all of it, too many pages here now

Just to condense a few thoughts, I saw last page someone say that people were linking articles to make their points in arguments rather than make the points themselves - I get why this was annoying and not conducive to having an actual discussion. No argument there.

However I don't think CC did this. My feeling (and maybe I'm wrong - never interacted with him personally like I'm sure you and others have) was that he was and is just trying to contribute information to the thread. Not only do I appreciate reading what he posts as a source of information, I also appreciate the idea of contributing to something for everybody's benefit.

So basically I write this to say that I think that the thread is lesser without CC making his posts. I also think that the rule changes have merit and are worth enforcing within a certain context, but in this case are catching a well meaning poster in the crossfire.

Thoughts?

When SB links a source, the supporting statement that he provides does not follow the new guidelines. Your supporting statement when providing a source should explain what the source is about, and why it is relevant for people to discuss it.

When SB posts his supporting statements, they are almost always filled with his own personal opinions about the article and what he thinks about it. That kind of statement does absolutely nothing to help the readers understand what the source is about in the first place and why people should read it.

The biggest issue the USPMT had before these new guidelines came along was that people were posting articles links and tweets without giving any context whatsoever. That is unacceptable because it's just lazy posting. If you can't even bother to explain why you're linking what you're linking and why it's relevant, then why should people even bother to read what you link?

That's fine, I understand.

On August 09 2018 06:37 Dangermousecatdog wrote:
The claim that the rule singles out stealthblue cannot be said to be true. Preventing stealthblue's hit and run clickbait posts is a positive improvement to the thread. Formerly, it was more of a case that everybody else who did it got warned and tempbanned, but stealthblue had immunity due to being a staffmember. When he was no longer a staff member, he lost that immunity, but carried on the same posting that got everyone else warned and banned for. Doodsmack also got banned from doing so and he wasn't nearly as bad, yet no one is calling for doodsmack to be back.

I see what you're saying. However, I never thought that there was a huge problem with "clickbait" posting from him, I always saw the articles he posted as something you could take or leave and be fine either way.

Given that he was staff, I imagine he had been here for some time and this had just been his way of contributing. I never saw him ban anyone or interact elsewhere on the website so it made sense that this was his place as a longtime contributing member of TL. But if everyone wants to carry on in a different direction, so be it
I carve marble busts of assassinated world leaders - PM for a quote
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
August 08 2018 23:31 GMT
#3597
On August 09 2018 08:22 Aveng3r wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2018 10:51 Seeker wrote:
On August 08 2018 10:13 Aveng3r wrote:
On August 08 2018 07:54 Seeker wrote:
On August 08 2018 06:33 zlefin wrote:
On August 08 2018 05:49 Aveng3r wrote:
On August 08 2018 05:26 zlefin wrote:
On August 08 2018 05:18 Aveng3r wrote:
I still can't get my head around these temp bans that are getting slapped on stealthblue

I appreciate getting to read the news that he posts and I can't understand why his presentation of it gets micromanaged so hard. I also don't see who his posts are hurting - everyone is free to skip over his posts and keep arguing the theme of the day if they desire.

What is the rationale here?

I think the basic rationale is: they set a rule, and stealth repeatedly fails to follow it. the bans are just because repeated warnings are failing to work.

regardless of whether the rule itself is reasonable or well thought out, it's the rule they've chosen so they're going to enforce it.

The rule itself is the target of my gripe

ok, well, gl getting an answer. Seeker generally tries to answer stuff, so if you don't get an answer in a few days you could try pm'ing him to get an answer.
I know the topic was discussed aways back in the thread, and maybe there was an answer there, but I would'nt know the page number or anything.

I would be happy to answer any of Aveng3r's questions. However, I'm not sure what else more there is to say that hasn't already been covered previously.

I hear ya, I know this has been covered before I just don't know exactly which page and I cant be bothered to look through all of it, too many pages here now

Just to condense a few thoughts, I saw last page someone say that people were linking articles to make their points in arguments rather than make the points themselves - I get why this was annoying and not conducive to having an actual discussion. No argument there.

However I don't think CC did this. My feeling (and maybe I'm wrong - never interacted with him personally like I'm sure you and others have) was that he was and is just trying to contribute information to the thread. Not only do I appreciate reading what he posts as a source of information, I also appreciate the idea of contributing to something for everybody's benefit.

So basically I write this to say that I think that the thread is lesser without CC making his posts. I also think that the rule changes have merit and are worth enforcing within a certain context, but in this case are catching a well meaning poster in the crossfire.

Thoughts?

When SB links a source, the supporting statement that he provides does not follow the new guidelines. Your supporting statement when providing a source should explain what the source is about, and why it is relevant for people to discuss it.

When SB posts his supporting statements, they are almost always filled with his own personal opinions about the article and what he thinks about it. That kind of statement does absolutely nothing to help the readers understand what the source is about in the first place and why people should read it.

The biggest issue the USPMT had before these new guidelines came along was that people were posting articles links and tweets without giving any context whatsoever. That is unacceptable because it's just lazy posting. If you can't even bother to explain why you're linking what you're linking and why it's relevant, then why should people even bother to read what you link?

That's fine, I understand.

Show nested quote +
On August 09 2018 06:37 Dangermousecatdog wrote:
The claim that the rule singles out stealthblue cannot be said to be true. Preventing stealthblue's hit and run clickbait posts is a positive improvement to the thread. Formerly, it was more of a case that everybody else who did it got warned and tempbanned, but stealthblue had immunity due to being a staffmember. When he was no longer a staff member, he lost that immunity, but carried on the same posting that got everyone else warned and banned for. Doodsmack also got banned from doing so and he wasn't nearly as bad, yet no one is calling for doodsmack to be back.

I see what you're saying. However, I never thought that there was a huge problem with "clickbait" posting from him, I always saw the articles he posted as something you could take or leave and be fine either way.

Given that he was staff, I imagine he had been here for some time and this had just been his way of contributing. I never saw him ban anyone or interact elsewhere on the website so it made sense that this was his place as a longtime contributing member of TL. But if everyone wants to carry on in a different direction, so be it

If SB can just follow this new rule without breaking it, then I would never ban him again. He can post as many news articles as he wants and he would never receive any mod actions.

But despite repeated warnings and temp bans, he's still posting in a way that goes against the new guidelines. We can't just turn a blind eye to that and ignore him. Especially when he's not even staff anymore.
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
Nebuchad
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Switzerland12559 Posts
August 08 2018 23:42 GMT
#3598
Are m4ini's posts not trying to pick a fight in this thing?
No will to live, no wish to die
DeepElemBlues
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States5080 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-08-09 00:25:00
August 09 2018 00:23 GMT
#3599
would it be possible to set it up so people can't get into fast and furious back and forth with one person or multiple people

like, you post, you can't post again until X number of new posts have been made in the thread

that would maybe sometimes prevent people from whipping each other and themselves into a frenzy that ultimately results in banhammerization *shrug*

i kinda feel bad seeing someone got a ban then i look at their post history and i see they got banned for post #10256 in the thread and they also made post #10254, #10250, #10248, #10246, #10244, #10241 etc... pretty obvious what's going on there, if they'd had to take more time between posts in that thread maybe they wouldn't have got so heated and stepped over the line
no place i'd rather be than the satellite of love
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
August 09 2018 00:53 GMT
#3600
No. People just need to learn to act like adults. Honestly, I'm pretty sure the median age is at least 25, if not much higher. If you find that someone is engaging you to the point that you'll start to rage or the convo isn't going how you like, stop engaging with them. If you feel like you need a break from the thread, request a thread ban and we'll help give you space. That's all there is to it.
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
Prev 1 178 179 180 181 182 345 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 1436
RotterdaM998
TaKeTV 380
IndyStarCraft 204
SteadfastSC183
ZombieGrub102
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 1436
RotterdaM 998
MaxPax 224
IndyStarCraft 204
SteadfastSC 183
RuFF_SC2 140
ZombieGrub102
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2633
Shuttle 456
910 66
Mind 59
Bale 14
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1075
Fnx 680
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu794
Other Games
summit1g4083
Grubby2876
Beastyqt741
shahzam496
C9.Mang0171
mouzStarbuck127
UpATreeSC63
ToD7
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV269
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream26
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 190
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Eskiya23 27
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade556
Other Games
• imaqtpie657
• Shiphtur307
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
2h 41m
Afreeca Starleague
13h 41m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
14h 41m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 3h
Patches Events
1d 19h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.