• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:31
CEST 23:31
KST 06:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8046 users

HotS Build Order Tester

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
MisterTea
Profile Joined September 2010
United Kingdom1047 Posts
May 14 2013 16:06 GMT
#1
I was always waiting for somebody to pick up this type of custom map as it was incredibly usefull and finally we have it

There's a post on reddit by Utilael for a HotS Build Order Tester. He isn't able to make a thread here right now due to new user restrictions but will make an official thread in a couple days. Here's the link: http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/1e96t6/hots_build_order_tester/

You can find the map in the arcade by searching 'hots bot'


Search 'hots bot' in the arcade to find it. It is published in all regions.

This is my first sc2 map so please let me know what you think. I wanted a HotS version of YABOT honestly, and since I couldn't find anything to my liking I decided to make my own. I added on a couple of extra features that I will explain in more detail.

It has only been in the making for a week so any feedback or error reports would be gratefully received. My friend and I tested it pretty thoroughly, but if you do find anything or want to give comments or feedback feel free to email us at 4tonsc2@gmail.com.

Here are a list of the current known issues, and I do plan to fix most of them but they'll probably be on the back-burner until I fix any bugs that might be found by the public:

-Orbital Command, Planetary Fortress, Lair, Hive, Greater Spire, Overseer and Brood Lord do not register as a unit when it is made/morphed

-Zerg larva is a couple moments slow due to annoying larva spawn issue

-Upon completion of certain units (MSC) an internal (not mine) script error sometimes appears

-If you cancel a building after completing it, the objective will not reset to uncompleted

-If you cancel a unit (including a worker), the next objective's supply result will display the wrong supply

-Whatever race you choose the UI and narrator will stay that race for the duration of the game regardless of which race you choose to play within the BOT

-The game calls Grooved Spines: hydraliskspeed, I don't know why but it's rather annoying to fix

Sometimes the map will not initialize the starting values for the reset time, record upgrade and worker count check boxes. I don't know why and am looking into it. Fixed!

-Saved camera locations do not reset with game reset

And on a side note, I do feel like the loading screen and icon are a little tacky so if anyone wants to help with that let me know and I will properly credit you in the loading screen.

And the Changelog: http://www.mediafire.com/view/?htf3ulxp5o4tzhi

Alright, so about the BOT: I designed it to allow for a large amount of custom builds and in-game build editing. You can define a build and play it out first and the game will record and save your build order.

Type 'reset' to return to the build order screen.

You can then edit the build order to your liking with a maximum of 21 entries. If you set the supply for an objective to '0', the game will treat it as a "comment", and if you want you can choose what unit/structure/upgrade needs to be built to complete that objective (even if it's a comment) or leave it as <None> and it will never complete.



if a moderater feels the need to move this into an appropiate section please do so
CrazyF1r3f0x
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States2120 Posts
May 14 2013 16:42 GMT
#2
It's pretty cool, though it has a number of bugs; I'm sure they can be ironed out
"Actual happiness always looks pretty squalid in comparison with the overcompensations for misery."
Utilael
Profile Joined May 2013
United States9 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-14 17:30:26
May 14 2013 17:10 GMT
#3
Thanks MisterTea,

I'll post updates here in the comments for now: I just uploaded the latest patch that fixes these issues:
+ Show Spoiler +
-Orbital Command, Planetary Fortress, Lair, Hive, Greater Spire, Overseer and Brood Lord do not register as a unit when it is made/morphed
-Sometimes the map will not initialize the starting values for the reset time, record upgrade and worker count check boxes
-Overlord speed does not reset with map reset


And I am currently working on revamping the build select UI and adding an optional score screen and quick reset.

If you do find a bug please post it or send an email to 4tonsc2@gmail.com so we can improve this map and make it fun for everyone!

Thanks!
CursedFeanor
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada539 Posts
May 14 2013 17:35 GMT
#4
Awesome map! I'll be using this a lot, thanks
oZe
Profile Joined January 2011
Sweden492 Posts
May 14 2013 18:10 GMT
#5
Always nice with people who put in some work for the greater good ^^
The worst kinds of organized crime are religion & government.
Utilael
Profile Joined May 2013
United States9 Posts
May 14 2013 19:53 GMT
#6
Alright, I remade the build selection dialog and added two options at the bottom for player 1: Quick Reset and Wait for Reset. The quick reset will skip the build selection dialog if you type -r or if the timer runs out and the option is enabled. The wait for reset is a temporary fix that will show a button asking for both players to continue before the objectives are destroyed so that you can review how you did.

I also fixed the issue:
+ Show Spoiler +
-If you cancel a unit (including a worker), the next objective's supply result will display the wrong supply


I uploaded the update just now, let me know if you encounter any issues.
Also any feedback is much appreciated, let me know what you think of the new build selection dialog
MisterTea
Profile Joined September 2010
United Kingdom1047 Posts
May 15 2013 02:42 GMT
#7
awesome
Utilael
Profile Joined May 2013
United States9 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-15 14:54:41
May 15 2013 06:20 GMT
#8
I need someone's help, some people in the European server are getting the param/value instead of the text. I only have English installed so I cannot test it for another language. I copied the English text to all the locals so I'm hoping that works but if there someone who plays in a different language could you test it for me please? Thanks so much!
Edit: Never mind, worked it out
Taytaylol
Profile Joined June 2013
France6 Posts
September 24 2013 16:35 GMT
#9
thank you for that, that's a great tool

I saw this on reddit :

that sounds like a good idea to implement, but the short answer is that you need to make them for yourself because it saves your data in a bank and the way I organized the bank will make it difficult to import profiles, if I can come up with some way to do it though I just might take the time to implement this!


did you have time to work on this ?
Importing builds from a parser would be a great plus
roflmaobtc
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12h 29m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ZombieGrub269
Nina 167
NeuroSwarm 98
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14351
NaDa 15
Bale 12
Dota 2
febbydoto16
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King65
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4006
Liquid`Hasu607
Other Games
summit1g2387
Liquid`RaSZi1960
shahzam506
WinterStarcraft400
ToD284
C9.Mang0272
JuggernautJason33
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream40
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 33
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade949
Other Games
• imaqtpie1057
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
12h 29m
INu's Battles
13h 29m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
15h 29m
OSC
1d
Replay Cast
1d 1h
OSC
2 days
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.