• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:48
CEST 01:48
KST 08:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9162 users

Afraid of bugs/insects?

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 17 18 19 Next All
XiGua
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Sweden3085 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-14 00:08:29
June 11 2011 23:37 GMT
#1
PLEASE SPOILER ALL YOUR IMAGES/VIDEOS

Summer is here! No more school, starcraft everyday or just chilling outside. There are NO problems in the world, you'd think. When you go home it suddenly itches everywhere. Something has bitten you and of course it's those damn mosquitoes fault.

But that's not the big problem, when you had the door open because of the warm weather several bugs flew into your house and on the evening when the lights are on you see a BIG FAT insect lying on the lamp. You don't realize it at first but it suddenly jumps from the lamp when you look closer and starts to fly towards you. What do you do?

Poll: What do you do?

Try to dodge it by jumping backwards (386)
 
43%

Try to smack it with your hand/something that you're holding (257)
 
29%

Don't care (100)
 
11%

Cry (78)
 
9%

Scream for help (73)
 
8%

894 total votes

Your vote: What do you do?

(Vote): Try to dodge it by jumping backwards
(Vote): Don't care
(Vote): Try to smack it with your hand/something that you're holding
(Vote): Scream for help
(Vote): Cry



Well TL, I have realized that I HATE bugs. When I was small I actually enjoyed watching them and tried to catch a few. But now, oh damn... I almost try to avoid them as much as I try to avoid a Zerg on ladder (LOL). Don't know what happened xD
So I'll ask you something else, are you afraid of bugs?
Poll: Afraid of bugs/insects?

Depends on size (370)
 
41%

Yes (324)
 
36%

No (210)
 
23%

904 total votes

Your vote: Afraid of bugs/insects?

(Vote): No
(Vote): Yes
(Vote): Depends on size



EDIT: Seems like people want to talk about spiders too, god I hate them...
Poll: Spiders?

FUCK THEM (384)
 
41%

"CHILL GET OUT" (276)
 
30%

Don't care (146)
 
16%

I love them (63)
 
7%

Chills down my spine... (46)
 
5%

I have a pet spider (20)
 
2%

935 total votes

Your vote: Spiders?

(Vote): FUCK THEM
(Vote): "CHILL GET OUT"
(Vote): I love them
(Vote): Don't care
(Vote): Chills down my spine...
(Vote): I have a pet spider





Btw, I have a bug in my room so that's why I can't sleep until that noob is dead. ._.

XiGua
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) APM, Why u make me spam?
Romple
Profile Joined October 2010
United States57 Posts
June 11 2011 23:39 GMT
#2
Only once have I felt a real fear of insects: When my family and I were hiking along the Delaware River and we pulled 12 deer ticks off of my brother, about 3 off me and my parents, and none on my oldest brother (who was laughing at the rest of us).

Aelip
Profile Joined November 2010
Denmark321 Posts
June 11 2011 23:39 GMT
#3
Whack it.One less to worry about then.
Crawler
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Estonia248 Posts
June 11 2011 23:40 GMT
#4
Btw, I have a bug in my room so that's why I can't sleep until that noob is dead. ._.


QFT! I have often the exact same issue with insects
ranshaked
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States870 Posts
June 11 2011 23:41 GMT
#5
I'm only afraid of spiders. Like deathly afraid of them
poundcakes
Profile Joined March 2011
Norway239 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-11 23:45:08
June 11 2011 23:41 GMT
#6
I'm only really afraid of craneflies, with their god damn long legs. Not a lot of dangerous insects native to Norway.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
The cur foretells the knell of parting day; The loafing herd winds slowly o'er the lea; The wise man homeward plods; I only stay to fiddle-faddle in a minor key.
TALegion
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1187 Posts
June 11 2011 23:42 GMT
#7
I'm not afraid of bugs, but they annoy the hell out of me. As soon as I learn to forget/ignore the bastard, THAT'S WHEN IT REARS IS UGLY HEAD.
Kill it. Kill it now so I don't have to care later.
A person willing to die for a cause is a hero. A person willing to kill for a cause is a madman
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
June 11 2011 23:43 GMT
#8
Im scared of spiders.
Deathly scared of spiders
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
GigaFlop
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States1146 Posts
June 11 2011 23:44 GMT
#9
On June 12 2011 08:41 poundcakes wrote:
I'm only really afraid of craneflies, with their god damn long legs. Not a lot of dangerous insects native to Norway.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

dude, spoiler that please.

But I seriously hate bugs. With a passion. i really hate spiders, most of all. Those fuckers need to gtf away from me.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ "Shift-Q oftentimes makes a capital Q" - Day[9] || iNcontrol - Alligator from heaven = ^
BrTarolg
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United Kingdom3574 Posts
June 11 2011 23:44 GMT
#10
You know what scares the shit out of these

mother, fucking moths.
no, not these
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]



I mean the big fuckers. You know, that fat, ugly, staining piece of shit that flies at your god damned face and scares the shit out of you
+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]
Assault_1
Profile Joined April 2009
Canada1950 Posts
June 11 2011 23:46 GMT
#11
I hate these more than anything, I see them in my house every so often

[image loading]
ZeroChrome
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada1001 Posts
June 11 2011 23:46 GMT
#12
There should be a separate poll just for spiders. I am so scared of them rofl

Forward
XiGua
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Sweden3085 Posts
June 11 2011 23:46 GMT
#13
On June 12 2011 08:44 BrTarolg wrote:
You know what scares the shit out of these

mother, fucking moths.
no, not these
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]



I mean the big fuckers. You know, that fat, ugly, staining piece of shit that flies at your god damned face and scares the shit out of you
+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]


GOD DANGIT! That's the insect in my room, thanks for resizing it 100x bigger. o.O
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) APM, Why u make me spam?
2WeaK
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada550 Posts
June 11 2011 23:47 GMT
#14
On June 12 2011 08:37 XiGua wrote:]Btw, I have a bug in my room so that's why I can't sleep until that noob is dead. ._.


lolz, the only insects I care if I have in my room while I'm sleeping are earwigs, I'm not scare of insects, but the myth that they enter your ears and cause damage scared me when I was a kid and it just stood around to cause me to be uneasy when I'm sleeping with one around... However I'm scared as shit of spiders.
OhMyGawd
Profile Joined February 2011
United States264 Posts
June 11 2011 23:47 GMT
#15
Hey, Size doesn't matter...........any bug is frightening.
zomg
Towerlight
Profile Joined May 2011
United States19 Posts
June 11 2011 23:48 GMT
#16
Spiders had always been the only ones that bothered me, they just seem to be able to move inappropriately fast for their size >.>

I was on a mountain bike racing team in highschool, and during a rather long downhill period with low-hanging trees, a spider about the size of a quarter (a couple cm diameter) fell down into the front of my shirt.

Now to help visualize the disaster a little better, I was riding using those special shoes with clips on the bottom that attach you to the bike pedals unless you twist your feet to eject. Anywhoo, I was out of those pedals and off of that bike so fast you'd think I had an eject button, and I proceded to run down the rest of the hill while tugging on the front of my shirt so it could escape and not bite me.

My memory is a little fuzzy, so I can't remember if i was making embarrassing noises like "AHHHHHH OH GOD OH GOD", but it's probably a safe bet.

Spiders... you guys are jerks.

BlackJack
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
United States10574 Posts
June 11 2011 23:48 GMT
#17
I dislike having to kill anything larger than a mosquito
Archas
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States6531 Posts
June 11 2011 23:49 GMT
#18
On June 12 2011 08:46 Assault_1 wrote:
I hate these more than anything, I see them in my house every so often

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

What the fuck is that?! There's no way that's native to Earth, man.
The room is ripe with the stench of bitches!
Drazerk
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom31255 Posts
June 11 2011 23:51 GMT
#19
Hate all insects no matter the size, Normally ill grab something and throw it at it multiple times as insects never seem to die.
zizou21
Profile Joined September 2006
United States3683 Posts
June 11 2011 23:52 GMT
#20
On June 12 2011 08:46 Assault_1 wrote:
I hate these more than anything, I see them in my house every so often

[image loading]


I would leave the country.
its me, tasteless,s roomate LOL!
1 2 3 4 5 17 18 19 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft177
ViBE143
CosmosSc2 59
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 819
Shuttle 576
Artosis 571
910 25
Dota 2
monkeys_forever656
Counter-Strike
minikerr16
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox261
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5435
Other Games
summit1g7936
shahzam597
JimRising 503
C9.Mang0260
ArmadaUGS88
Maynarde72
Trikslyr49
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick773
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream153
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 117
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen166
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
12m
PiGStarcraft177
Kung Fu Cup
11h 12m
Stellar Fest
13h 12m
The PondCast
1d 10h
OSC
1d 13h
Stellar Fest
1d 13h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.