• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:26
CEST 22:26
KST 05:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8726 users

Afraid of bugs/insects? - Page 3

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 17 18 19 Next All
KOVU
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark708 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-12 00:12:19
June 12 2011 00:11 GMT
#41
I don't give a shit about insects, like spiders are so slow and fucking cute if anything. Mosquitoes can be quite annoying, especially since I live in the outskirts of a forest (50meters to a swamp where there's a ton of them).
BUT MOTHS OH GOD

Moths scare the SHIT out of me, the way that the fly around knocking their heavy as a bodies into everything. If a moth is flying around in my room when I'm in a laddergame I leave game and leave th room.

On June 12 2011 08:44 BrTarolg wrote:
You know what scares the shit out of these

mother, fucking moths.
no, not these
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]



I mean the big fuckers. You know, that fat, ugly, staining piece of shit that flies at your god damned face and scares the shit out of you
+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]

Are you me?
Disregard
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
China10252 Posts
June 12 2011 00:14 GMT
#42
I deal with giant roaches all the time. Once in a while during the summer, those pesky giant flies are a nuisance.
"If I had to take a drug in order to be free, I'm screwed. Freedom exists in the mind, otherwise it doesn't exist."
Kamais_Ookin
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada4218 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-12 00:18:48
June 12 2011 00:17 GMT
#43
I'm terrified of spiders and big insects, should I be ashamed because I'm a man?

Edit: I'm a ghost now! Still...

Forever scared!
I <3 Plexa.
R0YAL
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States1768 Posts
June 12 2011 00:18 GMT
#44
I see these fuckers all the time around my house. The one on the top gets REALLY REALLY BIG >_>
[image loading]
[image loading]
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
Rashta
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia46 Posts
June 12 2011 00:18 GMT
#45
Bugs never bothered me, living in Australia i just grew up with them. Watched a spider weave a web once, its pretty fucking impressive.
ampson
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2355 Posts
June 12 2011 00:18 GMT
#46
I FUCKING HATE insects. Any moth that isn't just a normal moth scares the shit out of me, especially the GIANT ones that have weird ass colors on them. Flies are annoying but not to be feared. Run from anything that can sting you. I freaking hate roaches and anything that is big. It's sad, because these are really the only things i fear..
Greatness
Profile Joined May 2011
United States450 Posts
June 12 2011 00:20 GMT
#47
On June 12 2011 09:18 Rashta wrote:
Bugs never bothered me, living in Australia i just grew up with them. Watched a spider weave a web once, its pretty fucking impressive.

In Australia, Bugs have hitpoints.
Roe
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada6002 Posts
June 12 2011 00:21 GMT
#48
if you hate other bugs, you need to start loving spiders.
I go out of my way to keep them alive in my house since they trap and eat stuff like ants, mosquitoes, etc.
SkelA
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Macedonia13090 Posts
June 12 2011 00:22 GMT
#49
I HATE insects with all my being. I find them disguisting and dont wanna touch them or squish them.Whenever i see one in my room i try to throw them out with a piece of paper, Im not really scared because most of them cant hurt me at all but they are really gross.

Spiders are not scary at all because here they are not that big and are useful to take care of other insects hehe.Got 2 really small spiders in my room but i leave them alone.Just checked one of them and they are really doing their job killing quite alot of shit haha :D They are cool as long as they dont come close to me

Got stinged by bees, wasps when i was little but centipedes(or something similar to it ) are really in a different league. Got stinged by one that got claws on their ass and was really painful. And ugh mosquitos are the most anoying thing in summer.
Stork and KHAN fan till 2012 ...
isM
Profile Joined September 2010
United States735 Posts
June 12 2011 00:23 GMT
#50
I am an exterminator, bugs don't bother me.
Loose lips sink ships
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
June 12 2011 00:23 GMT
#51
Spiders and Cockroaches :shudder:
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
Liveon
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Netherlands1083 Posts
June 12 2011 00:28 GMT
#52
I hate spiders, with a passion. Was one in my room a few days ago. I had a cord on a curtain and pulled it, fucking huge spider came falling down. Crawled back up in no time and stayed in that corner. Was afraid to sleep, slept really bad.

Insects that fly don't bother me that much. Wasps are annoying, but I can easily pick them up with a bit of paper. Bees same thing. Don't really care about flies though.

Insects that walk on the other hand, I really dislike them, they're probably fast (being insects and stuff) and gross. Never had such a scary insect in my room though.

Reading this topic was bad for me, it's 2:30 am and I was just about to go to sleep when I stumbled on this. Thanks for ruining my night TL
Hearthstone manager ECVisualize, Head Admin DSCL
Randomaccount#77123
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States5003 Posts
June 12 2011 00:29 GMT
#53
--- Nuked ---
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-12 00:31:18
June 12 2011 00:30 GMT
#54
I hate ants.

When I was like... ten, my dad and I were stacking wood outside (we heat our house with a wood furnace). I picked up a log , turned it sideways, and out of it dumped a whole bunch of what I thought was dirt/decomposing wood (sometimes the wood is old.)

It turned out the decomposing wood was holding an ant colony. Ants started pouring down my 10 year old arm, biting me all over. Because of the number of them, I got a severe fever and ended up having to go to the hospital overnight. I've been petrified of ants ever since. Also they're disgusting.

Other bugs don't bother me in the least, and I especially recommend that anyone who hates spiders look up the "spider bro" image macro, as well as the original "spider bro" story.

I am a 20 year old man, I grew up in the forest in northern NY. Bugs are lol. Except ants.
Euronyme
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden3804 Posts
June 12 2011 00:30 GMT
#55
I live in the city so not much bugs at all here. Once in a while I go to the countryside where my parents live and get chewed alive by mosquitos.
My biggest problem is when it's a fairly large bug that gets up close without me noticing, and when I do I rock back and get a little shock.
Used to be completely unafraid of anything whatsoever when I was a kid. Appearantly I picked up large spiders and threw 'em out, and went out with a dog that was about as big as a man lmao.
I'm a coward now though =(
I'll probably be afraid of everything in 10 years.
I bet i can maı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨̨̨̨̨̨ke you wipe your screen.
skypig
Profile Joined November 2009
United States237 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-12 00:36:29
June 12 2011 00:32 GMT
#56
I love hearing humans talk about how they're scared of things that are 1/1,000th of their size...but I'm one of them, so I guess I shouldn't talk.

Down here in California we have black widow spiders (one of the most toxic species)

[image loading]

and tarantula wasps...

[image loading]

[image loading]

Both are really scary to look at, but I think the tarantula wasp is what scares me the most. Every time I hear them flying, it sounds like some weird accoustic missile flying at your head. Plus, according to some insect research I read, they have the most painful sting out of all other insects, although you really have to rile them up to have them sting you since they're not normally as aggressive as other bees/wasps/etc.


Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
June 12 2011 00:32 GMT
#57
bees and wasps, everytime we have a frigging bbq

THEY MUST COME AND ANNOY US.
WriterXiao8~~
Darclite
Profile Joined January 2011
United States1021 Posts
June 12 2011 00:32 GMT
#58
I have no problems with most bugs until they have more than 10 legs. Then I have nightmares (so I didn't appreciate those pictures guys lol).

The exterminator bug proofed my house today though (:

Btw, OP, I almost fell out of my chair when I saw
Spiders?
CHILL GET OUT
They're fools. You should eat them.
redoxx
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States333 Posts
June 12 2011 00:32 GMT
#59
You know what I hate? those big ass mosquitoes that get into your house and fly around, bumping into walls until I get up the courage to get a rolled up newspaper and kill it. Their legs get everywhere and its just nasty. spiders also suck, just because they live in the little crevices of your furniture, waiting to jump out and scare the shit out of you when you sit down.
The horror...the horror
Isaac
Profile Joined August 2010
United States810 Posts
June 12 2011 00:35 GMT
#60
i hit a huge beetle like bug and it fell down the back of my desk like a week ago, its still downthere. i am scared to touch it.
number one fan of marineking
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 17 18 19 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 35m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 515
UpATreeSC 106
JuggernautJason8
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 731
Dewaltoss 106
firebathero 90
Zeus 70
Trap 37
910 32
NaDa 29
Bale 28
ToSsGirL 23
Dota 2
monkeys_forever172
Counter-Strike
edward87
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS128
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3127
Liquid`Hasu2193
Other Games
summit1g6007
B2W.Neo610
Beastyqt602
shahzam396
byalli387
ToD199
C9.Mang0165
KnowMe146
TKL 112
Chillindude19
Railgan15
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV249
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream155
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 62
• Adnapsc2 17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki34
• blackmanpl 29
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur271
• WagamamaTV259
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
3h 35m
Kung Fu Cup
14h 35m
Stellar Fest
16h 35m
Stellar Fest
16h 35m
Stellar Fest
16h 35m
The PondCast
1d 13h
OSC
1d 16h
Stellar Fest
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.