• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:56
CEST 01:56
KST 08:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)61Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9797 users

Afraid of bugs/insects? - Page 19

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 17 18 19 All
Aruno
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
New Zealand748 Posts
June 17 2011 02:47 GMT
#361
Dammit, I looked up that word that means toxic poison effect on a body and saw a boy's rotting leg, decomposing on him while he is still alive. From a bloody snake bite.
God those images make me sick.

This thread is like a self shock/disgust hot bed.

That been said, here some cool pictures of butterfly eggs
http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2010/09/insect-eggs/oeggerli-photography
aruno, arunoaj, aruno_aj | Those are my main aliases
InvalidID
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States1050 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-17 15:45:55
June 17 2011 15:42 GMT
#362
Not afraid of any bugs really, I kind of like spiders, I think they are awesome in concept. I do however have an intense, unyielding, hatred for: [image loading] . As we speak, I can see about 5 of them flying around stuck inside the florescent light cases of my office. There are probably another five in various corners of my office. They are in literally every corner, nook and cranny of this office building.
smallerk
Profile Joined October 2010
897 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-17 15:46:44
June 17 2011 15:46 GMT
#363
The only insect i can honestly say im really afraid of is bees/wasps , cant stand those motherfuckers
Never Regret anything because at one time it was exactly what you wanted.
NBDii
Profile Joined June 2011
United Kingdom5 Posts
June 17 2011 15:47 GMT
#364
im scared of moths
seoul_kiM
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States545 Posts
June 17 2011 15:51 GMT
#365
I just kill everything that has more than 4 legs.
I eat octopus.
I eat squids.
I newspaper insects.
oGs.MC: Repair IMBAAAAAAAAAAa
Sitinte
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States499 Posts
June 17 2011 16:00 GMT
#366
Reading this thread reminds me of that article on Cracked.com. Personally, bugs have fascinated me, with the exception of roaches and mosquitoes. Those just... bug me. *rimshot*

http://www.cracked.com/article_15816_the-5-most-horrifying-bugs-in-world.html
rifterstarfish
Profile Joined April 2010
29 Posts
June 17 2011 16:05 GMT
#367
I have a huge fear of most bugs and I've always wondered why we hate bugs so much, especially the ones that don't hurt us. I know it's an irrational fear, except if it's a cockroach (which can spread disease) or something that can bite us, make us itch, etc. Any thoughts?
Ah! You scared me!
superjoppe
Profile Joined December 2004
Sweden3694 Posts
June 17 2011 16:16 GMT
#368
On June 12 2011 11:54 Terrakin wrote:
anyone interested in bug fighting?

http://www.japanesebugfights.com/

HAHAHAHA
Bub
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States3518 Posts
June 17 2011 16:20 GMT
#369
..... where is the "play with it" option ???
XK ßubonic
Ren91
Profile Joined July 2010
United Kingdom190 Posts
June 17 2011 16:21 GMT
#370
If I'm playing starcraft and I see a bug I don't care at all, had a spider crawl up my arm and onto my neck once and just sat there till i finished.... I'm pretty sure that spider lost me the game though
Veni Vidi Vici
DisneylandSC
Profile Joined November 2010
Netherlands435 Posts
June 17 2011 16:23 GMT
#371
I don't care about bugs. But spiders freak me the fuck out. Someone posted a picture of a big spider in the funny pics that make you laugh thread a few weeks ago and haven't clicked that thread since.

Also when I see something like that I will check where I'm walking and under my chair / table etc for at least the rest of the day. Seriously man, I'm gonna invent a special spider nuke and fuck their shit some day.
MangoTango
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States3670 Posts
June 17 2011 16:24 GMT
#372
What about the "i eat it" option? I used to eat ants as a kid.
"One fish, two fish, red fish, BLUE TANK!" - Artosis
Zisef
Profile Joined October 2010
United States73 Posts
June 17 2011 16:28 GMT
#373
I am the designated spider, bug strange small insect killer, or else I have to hear my girlfriend whine, cry , freak out when the smallest thing she sees crawling. If it is a spider she sees she screams and tells me to kill it. I grab it with my bare hands and I show it to her then for the ultimate gross out factor I eat the spider.... gg newb increase your apm. zerg underpowered lulz.( Only done that once ) lol.
Fungal Growth, Are you Infected?,
tdynasty
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada220 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-17 16:39:55
June 17 2011 16:33 GMT
#374
I love all the reponses!

Insects are my enemy! I was raised with two girls (Mother and sister) who were both insanely afraid of all forms if insects. Then my brother was a tyrant who used their fear and exploited it for his twisted lame humour.

Growing up, I was the insect slayer who had no fear because none other then me could restore preace to the domain I protected.

I don't hate insects cause that would be silly. I view them as creatures that would kill me and eat me if they could. Since i'm bigger and invincible to 99.9% of insects, I might aswell show them i'm boss around here and overcharge my birthright.

I used to make jokes with my ex-girl friend about having a JIHAD against insects. Sparing only those ones who would flee.
In my room, any insect detected by my scanners (eyes) will be destroyed and leff as a carcass to warn any new wanderers of their fate.

I also host a giant genocide a few times a summer. Outside my apartment building, there is a night lantern. There thousands of insects gather around the light and have a daily party. Spiders feast, but their evolutionary success is short lived within such proximity of my Lair.

I take a raid can, light a smoke, and state the following.

Never know what hit em!

""""(LadyRobotVoice)'''''''' NUCLEAR LAUNCH DETECTED

Boom 30 seconds later, you have thousands of insects meeting their maker.


(insect kill count : astronomical)
French Canada
Roflhaxx
Profile Joined April 2010
Korea (South)1244 Posts
June 17 2011 16:43 GMT
#375
On June 12 2011 10:13 Supamang wrote:
I love spiders, at least house spiders. Theyre a natural insect control so I like keeping them inside the house. I hate any blood-sucking or infestation-capable insects. Mosquitos, bed bugs, fleas, etc. give me a slight allergic reaction to their bites and it pisses me off. Ants are annoying because they could take over your home if youre not careful. Fleas are a combination of the two, I hate them with a passion.

Oh and bees. Bees piss me off. Just be glad you dont live in Japan and have to deal with these bad boys:
[image loading]

Honeybees are awesome though. But that isn't a bee it's a hornet, the fact that people actually are not able to distinguish a bee from a wasp kind of disappoints me.

This is a bee
[image loading]
Notice the brown colour (the yellow is pollen, but underneath it is brown) and the furry body?
A hornet on the other hand is what you linked, it is yellow with no fur on it. Bees are actually quite nice :3 unless you crush them they will NOT sting you, because if they sting you they die. It's a reason why you can see people having their whole body covered in bees and not get hurt. (This rule doesn't apply to killer bees unfortunately)
A game where the first thing you do is scout with a “worker”. Does that make any sense? Who scouts with a “worker”? That’s like sending out the janitor to perform recon, what general would do that? Retarded game.
Glorfindel
Profile Joined December 2010
Italy7 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-17 16:57:52
June 17 2011 16:51 GMT
#376
i'm not afraid of insects now, but when i was young i had a bad experience. this bug + Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

(i search in wikipedia, i think his name in english is european hornet), stung me 4 times on the hand. i was only 5 years old, so i cried a lot. and i had to take 2 different drugs. thanks to boy scouts i don't hate bugs now
Chibithor
Profile Joined April 2011
Brazil514 Posts
June 17 2011 17:15 GMT
#377
I'm afraid of any flying insect bigger than small mosquitoes. I've never been stung by anything other than, well, small mosquitoes. So I'm not sure why I'm scared of them.
Boblion
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
France8043 Posts
June 17 2011 17:16 GMT
#378
On June 12 2011 22:27 Kojaimea wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 12 2011 21:48 XiGua wrote:
On June 12 2011 15:36 Kojaimea wrote:
Lived in India last summer, by far the worst part was the fucking spiders lurking under everything. Had to deal with this shit:

[image loading]

WTF WTF WTF. So you abandoned your clothes and bag until that spider left right? o.O

I actually have a short video of a couple of local dudes trying to kill it with a broom. Even they were a little scared, those fucking spiders pounce. Here's the aftermath:

[image loading]

Looks like a solifugae, not a "real" spider.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solifugae
fuck all those elitists brb watching streams of elite players.
DisneylandSC
Profile Joined November 2010
Netherlands435 Posts
June 17 2011 18:13 GMT
#379
Put those fukcing spiders in spoiler tags please. D:
Faraday
Profile Joined April 2009
United States553 Posts
June 17 2011 18:24 GMT
#380
Holy f...in OMGGGG...pouncing spiders? ..............Im gonna have nightmares, whyy did i clik this thread? :|:|
what happened, happened...
Prev 1 17 18 19 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft358
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta18
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft358
Nina 99
ViBE89
SpeCial 79
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 166
Noble 78
Hyuk 57
NaDa 44
Bale 17
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm148
League of Legends
Doublelift3404
Counter-Strike
minikerr12
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox463
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4566
Khaldor632
Other Games
summit1g7719
FrodaN1740
Coldzera 805
shahzam605
JimRising 432
C9.Mang0300
KnowMe195
ArmadaUGS58
Mew2King54
CosmosSc2 12
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick775
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream89
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH351
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21480
Other Games
• imaqtpie760
• Shiphtur149
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
10h 4m
Online Event
11h 4m
FEL
16h 4m
AI Arena Tournament
17h 4m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
19h 4m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 10h
INu's Battles
1d 12h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-01
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Proleague 2026-10-02
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.