• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:33
CEST 15:33
KST 22:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9873 users

[M] Pumpkin Palace

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
lovablemikey
Profile Joined October 2010
264 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-26 17:29:58
June 02 2011 21:51 GMT
#1
Pumpkin Palace

♥ 1v1
♥ 10 blue expansions
♥ 2 gold expansion
♥ 2 Xel' Naga Watch Towers
♥ 140 x 140 playable size

+ Show Spoiler [All Images] +
+ Show Spoiler [Details] +
[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [Overview] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [Overview Angled] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [Analyzer Summary] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [Analyzer Shortest Paths] +
[image loading]



Update: 12.26.2011

I'm finally in a position to work on this map again, so I'm bumping the thread to see if anyone can bring some new insight into the layout.

Update: 07.08.2011

It's been a while since I updated this map, but with good reason. I had to make a lot of stuff and get the layout right. I think it's just about finished now. All I need to do is add some doodads here and there and I can put this in the done pile.

Update: 06.09.2011

Another update. I added some textures and changed the terrain a little bit. There used to be two super wide ramps leading into the third, the third blocked by rocks, but they've been narrowed by half each.

There are also big destructible rocks blocking the back door paths to the thirds and fourths. I'm considering the corner expansions the fourths. Talking of which, the fourths are now a little bit spicier. They used to be one cliff level lower so that they were flush with the cliff level of the thirds. Now there are ramps and stuff. Neato!

Also, I added expansions to the empty spaces that were between the fourths and the golds.

Update: 06.03.2011

I think I fixed the rush distance problem and the circular movement problem. Plus the third is easier to get now because I added a ramp to it that faces toward the choke of the natural. Good?

Update: 06.02.2011

I got bored of working on Lovableland for so long, so I started this. It's going to have a spooky theme. I already have two textures created for it. By the time I'm done there will be 7 or 8 custom textures for it; just like Lovableland!

The rush distance is atrocious. I'll have to do something about that.

Visit lovablemikey's Map Thread for more maps!
Gfire
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1699 Posts
June 02 2011 22:12 GMT
#2
Nice work on the textures, once again. (:

There are two little issues that stand out to me. I think the thirds are a little hard to get to, and I feel like theres a huge "loop" design to this map where you can't get through the middle and have to walk all the way around. Maybe if you had a path running through the center somehow.

Beyond the third, the expansion pattern seems quite nice, though. I don't know if rocks are needed for the golds since they're so exposed anyway.
all's fair in love and melodies
NickMP
Profile Joined February 2011
United States46 Posts
June 02 2011 22:30 GMT
#3
I think a good way to fix the rush distance and make the map less of a "Circle" would be to "Rotate" the golds a little and add a small path though the middle.
However this may make the rush distance a little to small...
And very nice on the cusom textures.
I'm trying to learn how to play tetris A type music by lowering/raising my Supply Depots.
WniO
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2706 Posts
June 02 2011 22:41 GMT
#4
GET OUT WITH THOSE TEXTURES. haha
Dexington
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada7276 Posts
June 03 2011 00:32 GMT
#5
That's an interesting tileset.
"Man you guys are missing out waving your stats dicks about instead of watching this pvp" - bbm
lovablemikey
Profile Joined October 2010
264 Posts
June 03 2011 15:53 GMT
#6
I updated the map. Check it out!

On June 03 2011 07:12 Gfire wrote:
Nice work on the textures, once again. (:

There are two little issues that stand out to me. I think the thirds are a little hard to get to, and I feel like theres a huge "loop" design to this map where you can't get through the middle and have to walk all the way around. Maybe if you had a path running through the center somehow.

Beyond the third, the expansion pattern seems quite nice, though. I don't know if rocks are needed for the golds since they're so exposed anyway.

Thanks for the suggestions. I took all of them and you can see how in the new images. Don't you feel special!? They were good ones.

On June 03 2011 07:30 NickMP wrote:
I think a good way to fix the rush distance and make the map less of a "Circle" would be to "Rotate" the golds a little and add a small path though the middle.
However this may make the rush distance a little to small...
And very nice on the cusom textures.

I tried rotating the gold bases but I couldn't get it to work in a way that I was pleased with. So, I ended up with what is in the pictures now. Thanks for the suggestion though.

On June 03 2011 07:41 WniO wrote:
GET OUT WITH THOSE TEXTURES. haha

Only if you get down with them.

On June 03 2011 09:32 Dexington wrote:
That's an interesting tileset.

Thank you. That one texture is pretty nice, isn't it?
Gfire
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1699 Posts
June 03 2011 16:04 GMT
#7
It looks pretty solid now. The rush distance is within a good range.

I like the golds. They are more exposed to fire from one side, but open to pathing from the other. So, the one you could more easily walk to and reinforce (if expanding in the natural counter-clockwise direction,) is the one that's vulnerable from behind. You'd want to take the one that has it's back to you, more likely, but it's harder to reinforce and vulnerable from the front.

Where the watchtowers are, their edges look like they come just short of the cliffs, I think you should add some doodads there just so there's no chance of sneaking by around the tower. I doubt it would actually come into play, but it would be cleaner to do so.

The expansion pattern seems quite nice, I feel like there's good options for all the races, and theres not like a "you can get X bases, but after that it's hard," so it's easy for Zerg to stay up in bases. It seems pretty balanced.
all's fair in love and melodies
Kinetik_Inferno
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1431 Posts
June 03 2011 16:10 GMT
#8
I really like the tileset, but when I first saw the overview it seemed to me that the mains were in the upper right and bottom left, because they stood out and were the biggest.

That in and of itself is weird. An expo is much larger than the mains? Funky. However, that unorthodoxiness could be good. We'll have to see. Otherwise I really like the updated design of the map.
Gfire
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1699 Posts
June 03 2011 16:20 GMT
#9
Actually, you could probably shrink the top-right/bottom-left and top/botttom middle expansions, and have more airspace behind. Making those middle bases closer to the mains might mean they are an optional third/fourth, as well.
all's fair in love and melodies
lovablemikey
Profile Joined October 2010
264 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-04 18:41:44
June 04 2011 18:39 GMT
#10
On June 04 2011 01:04 Gfire wrote:
It looks pretty solid now. The rush distance is within a good range.

I like the golds. They are more exposed to fire from one side, but open to pathing from the other. So, the one you could more easily walk to and reinforce (if expanding in the natural counter-clockwise direction,) is the one that's vulnerable from behind. You'd want to take the one that has it's back to you, more likely, but it's harder to reinforce and vulnerable from the front.

Where the watchtowers are, their edges look like they come just short of the cliffs, I think you should add some doodads there just so there's no chance of sneaking by around the tower. I doubt it would actually come into play, but it would be cleaner to do so.

The expansion pattern seems quite nice, I feel like there's good options for all the races, and theres not like a "you can get X bases, but after that it's hard," so it's easy for Zerg to stay up in bases. It seems pretty balanced.

Nice! The golds were a concern I had. I think I need to test it now and see how they play out.

The edges do go to the cliffs. There will be no sneaking.

Balanced!? I hope so! I think it's pretty balanced too, but what do I know? It's at that point where testing it will be necessary before I make any drastic changes. Thanks for the comments!

On June 04 2011 01:10 Kinetik_Inferno wrote:
I really like the tileset, but when I first saw the overview it seemed to me that the mains were in the upper right and bottom left, because they stood out and were the biggest.

That in and of itself is weird. An expo is much larger than the mains? Funky. However, that unorthodoxiness could be good. We'll have to see. Otherwise I really like the updated design of the map.

I'll be trimming those big expansions down a little. They don't need to be so big. Thanks for the suggestion. I'm just getting started on that tileset. It's going to be super awesome when I'm done. You'll see!

On June 04 2011 01:20 Gfire wrote:
Actually, you could probably shrink the top-right/bottom-left and top/botttom middle expansions, and have more airspace behind. Making those middle bases closer to the mains might mean they are an optional third/fourth, as well.

I agree about the top right and bottom left bases. I'm going to trim them down. The top middle and bottom middle bases are further away from the main to keep Stalker from blinking in and out as they please. Maybe it won't be a big deal though. These are the things that I need to test for. So let the testing begin! Thanks again for the suggestions.
lovablemikey
Profile Joined October 2010
264 Posts
June 09 2011 08:25 GMT
#11
I updated the map a bit. Most of it is described in the original post. I have some pretty cool replays too but I need to find a place to host them.
Gfire
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1699 Posts
June 09 2011 16:10 GMT
#12
Looks great. (=
all's fair in love and melodies
lovablemikey
Profile Joined October 2010
264 Posts
July 08 2011 08:30 GMT
#13
Now that it's been a month since I updated this thread, I'm updating it. The map is practically done. I need to add doodads and that's about it. I must have gone through a hundred textures before I decided on eight for the map. There are two textures that are almost identical, the swirl textures, but there is a reason for that; that reason is variety. It looks more interesting with those two textures interacting together instead of only one of them by itself.

From all the games I've seen and played, the layout promotes a lot of action. The middle is where most of that action occurs, and each race seems to have an equal chance. Everyone who plays it likes it, so that might mean mission complete.
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
July 08 2011 08:49 GMT
#14
Why are the rocks there?
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
ihasaKAROT
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Netherlands4730 Posts
July 08 2011 08:51 GMT
#15
Dustin Browder appeared in his dreams I spose. Has bald crazy developer written all over it!
KCCO!
Whiplash
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States2929 Posts
July 08 2011 08:52 GMT
#16
Could you show a larger image of the map? I remember being a consultant for the map balance :D
Cinematographer / Steadicam Operator. Former Starcraft commentator/player
lovablemikey
Profile Joined October 2010
264 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-08 09:07:47
July 08 2011 09:04 GMT
#17
On July 08 2011 17:49 iGrok wrote:
Why are the rocks there?

There are 3 sets of rocks. The set at the thirds is to make it slightly harder to take the thirds. The set at the golds is to make it slightly harder to take the golds. The set of huge rocks at the top and bottom of the map are to block one of the 3 ways into the thirds and to try and keep the action concentrated in the middle. No good?


On July 08 2011 17:51 ihasaKAROT wrote:
Dustin Browder appeared in his dreams I spose. Has bald crazy developer written all over it!

I was thinking of getting rid of the big rocks, but I wasn't sure. After testing the map it didn't seem necessary to do that.


On July 08 2011 17:52 Whiplash wrote:
Could you show a larger image of the map? I remember being a consultant for the map balance :D

Done! It's coupled with the other overview. Actually, click on the overview to get a bigger image.

Thanks for the suggestions too! I think I took most of them. I credited you on the loading screen too. I hope that's alright.
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
July 08 2011 09:28 GMT
#18
By the time anyone wants to take the golds, they'll have a large army and will down the rocks in seconds - so why put the rocks there at all?

MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
Ragoo
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany2773 Posts
July 08 2011 11:06 GMT
#19
Wow those aesthetics :O Your textures and use of it is f-ing stunning!! I want to play this map just because it's so cool looking^^

Some ideas:

- remove the rocks at the third and widen the ramp from the third to the middle a bit; I think right now the third favors T/P cause Zerg can't take it very quickly and once it's up for T/P it's rather easy to defend cause of the small ramp and it's very easy to take another very safe base vs Zerg on 2/8 o'clock

- 2/8 o'clock bases aren't vulnerable enough to justify a full base, I'd cut one gas and 1-2 minerals; otherwise T/P will turtle for Deathball against Zerg

- the watchtowers in the middle are both only accessible when you hold that small space in the middle, meaning once you control that area you have both watchtowers and I don't see both players holding one tower each; I don't like it and would suggest rotating those ramps to the towers by something like 90° clockwise and thus make it possible for each player to control one tower

- rocks at the gold don't serve any purpose, you can't take those golds early anyway, just like on Metalopolis

- I don't know about those big rocks, in ZvP I think on the one hand they give Zerg some time when Protoss tries to push through this very narrow path and abuse the shit out of forcefields, on the other hand they deny Zerg a possible harass path into the third for some time. Keep them or remove them, either way is fine imo

Other than that I love the layout, I think it looks like a lot of fun, variety and long matches
Member of TPW mapmaking team/// twitter.com/Ragoo_ /// "goody represents border between explainable reason and supernatural" Cloud
dezi
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany1536 Posts
July 08 2011 11:08 GMT
#20
To grab the Dustin Browder award ... gosh iGrok - u never learn? ^^
TPW Member | My Maps @ TL: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=171486 | Search 'dezi' at EU
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
Classic vs herO
IntoTheiNu 1135
LiquipediaDiscussion
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech139
CosmosSc2 28
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 48209
Shuttle 7893
FanTaSy 1795
Hyuk 560
Horang2 498
BeSt 442
Pusan 331
EffOrt 211
Last 140
Mind 133
[ Show more ]
Soma 131
Zeus 104
ggaemo 84
Sexy 75
hero 70
Sea.KH 62
Aegong 61
Hyun 61
Killer 60
Snow 51
ToSsGirL 35
PianO 26
Bale 23
JYJ 22
NaDa 20
zelot 16
ajuk12(nOOB) 12
Rock 9
Sacsri 9
Noble 6
Icarus 5
Dota 2
Gorgc2409
qojqva1852
Dendi1183
XcaliburYe305
420jenkins55
Counter-Strike
fl0m3132
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu604
Khaldor494
Other Games
gofns30332
B2W.Neo905
byalli462
Beastyqt443
Mlord300
Livibee202
Hui .166
ArmadaUGS118
Mew2King66
QueenE13
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick714
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream65
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 15
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3038
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
1h 27m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 27m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 27m
Replay Cast
9h 27m
Afreeca Starleague
20h 27m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
21h 27m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 2h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 20h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 21h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.