• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:56
CEST 16:56
KST 23:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7980 users

lovablemikey's Map Thread

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
lovablemikey
Profile Joined October 2010
264 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-02 10:17:18
December 30 2010 18:10 GMT
#1
lovablemikey's Map Thread

Update 11.24.2011

My computer broke! I need to get a new one before I can make more maps. Woe is me.

Maps

♥ Pumpkin Palace On Battlenet!
+ Show Spoiler [All Images] +
+ Show Spoiler [Details] +
[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [Overview] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [Overview Angled] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [Analyzer Summary] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [Analyzer Shortest Paths] +
[image loading]


♥ Lovableland On Battlenet!
+ Show Spoiler [All Images] +
+ Show Spoiler [Details] +
[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [Overview] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [Overview Angled] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [Analyzer Summary] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [Analyzer Shortest Paths] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [Analyzer Shortest Paths Naturals] +
[image loading]


♥ Shmorgishborg
+ Show Spoiler [All Images] +
+ Show Spoiler [Details] +
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [Overview] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [Overview Angled] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [Analyzer Summary] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [Analyzer Shortest Paths] +
[image loading]


♥ Pretty Time Jungle
+ Show Spoiler [All Images] +
+ Show Spoiler [Details] +
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [Overview] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [Overview Angled] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [Analyzer Summary] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [Analyzer Shortest Paths] +
[image loading]


♥ Shrinkage On Battlenet!
+ Show Spoiler [All Images] +
+ Show Spoiler [Overview] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [Analyzer Summary] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [Analyzer Shortest Paths] +
[image loading]


My character name is lovablemikey and my character code is 747. Drop me a line on Battlenet!
WniO
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2706 Posts
December 30 2010 18:21 GMT
#2
Cranky cave looks fun! im adding your id
EffectS
Profile Joined May 2010
Belgium795 Posts
December 30 2010 18:38 GMT
#3
Those peaks in cranky cavern look sweet! Been wanting to do something similar to that on a map of mine.
TEEHEE
lovablemikey
Profile Joined October 2010
264 Posts
December 30 2010 22:08 GMT
#4
On December 31 2010 03:21 WniO wrote:
Cranky cave looks fun! im adding your id

Thanks! That's probably one of my personal favorites. Feel free to say hello if I'm on Battlenet. I'm on pretty often; not often enough to be any good at the game, unfortunately.

On December 31 2010 03:38 EffectS wrote:
Those peaks in cranky cavern look sweet! Been wanting to do something similar to that on a map of mine.

Thanks! The spikes took a while to place, but I think the effect is worth it. I'm going to post more pictures of the maps from different angles so everyone can get a better look at them. I'm also going to add some analyzer pictures. Thanks for checking out the thread.
dezi
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany1536 Posts
December 30 2010 22:17 GMT
#5
Cranky cave indeed looks good but it might be hard to hold an early nat (so far away from main ramp).
TPW Member | My Maps @ TL: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=171486 | Search 'dezi' at EU
lovablemikey
Profile Joined October 2010
264 Posts
December 31 2010 17:33 GMT
#6
On December 31 2010 07:17 dezi wrote:
Cranky cave indeed looks good but it might be hard to hold an early nat (so far away from main ramp).

Thanks for pointing that out. I wouldn't want my map to suffer for something as easily fixed as that. Also, thanks for checking out the thread.
Ragoo
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany2773 Posts
December 31 2010 17:39 GMT
#7
Hm, sadly I was about to say what anyone else already said but I'll say it anyway: Cranky Cave is my favorite out of these Nice work!
Member of TPW mapmaking team/// twitter.com/Ragoo_ /// "goody represents border between explainable reason and supernatural" Cloud
lovablemikey
Profile Joined October 2010
264 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-31 21:21:21
December 31 2010 21:21 GMT
#8
On January 01 2011 02:39 Ragoo wrote:
Hm, sadly I was about to say what anyone else already said but I'll say it anyway: Cranky Cave is my favorite out of these Nice work!

Thanks! I've entered it into the Map of the Months Tournament #1. I hope it does well. Plus, I should mention that the main ramp is closer to the natural now thanks to a suggestion by dezi.
Antares777
Profile Joined June 2010
United States1971 Posts
January 04 2011 04:08 GMT
#9
Wait, you made Shrinkage? I remember when that was on the popular list (is it still?). It was fun, but after a while, I got sick of doing the same thing and losing more often than not lol.

Cranky Cave is very similar to Steppes of War, and doesn't really improve upon its design. Steppes of War had difficult expansions to hold and a fast rush distance. This map has both of those negative features. If you remember, Steppes of War got the lowest grade out of all of the current ladder maps that the MotM organization graded.

To improve upon Cranky Cave, I'd suggest raising the third's up an elevation level to connect them to the natural and adding DRs to the ramp that would lead to the third from the middle. This would improve upon the idea of having easier to take expansions on a map with quick rush distances.

Check your thread for Space City, I already gave some feedback there for that map.
lovablemikey
Profile Joined October 2010
264 Posts
January 04 2011 05:08 GMT
#10
On January 04 2011 13:08 Antares777 wrote:
Wait, you made Shrinkage? I remember when that was on the popular list (is it still?). It was fun, but after a while, I got sick of doing the same thing and losing more often than not lol.

Cranky Cave is very similar to Steppes of War, and doesn't really improve upon its design. Steppes of War had difficult expansions to hold and a fast rush distance. This map has both of those negative features. If you remember, Steppes of War got the lowest grade out of all of the current ladder maps that the MotM organization graded.

To improve upon Cranky Cave, I'd suggest raising the third's up an elevation level to connect them to the natural and adding DRs to the ramp that would lead to the third from the middle. This would improve upon the idea of having easier to take expansions on a map with quick rush distances.

Check your thread for Space City, I already gave some feedback there for that map.

There are a few Shrinkage copies out right now. After I noticed it was in the popular list I decided to republish it so people could play the original. I first published it during the beta, so it was erased from Battlenet before the retail release. I can see how it would get boring after a while. There is only so much you can do with a map that small.

Thanks for pointing out the similarity to Steppes of War. I almost never play 1v1, so I'm not very familiar with the layout. I'll definitely compare the two. Another thanks for the suggestions too. I'm about to try them out.
lovablemikey
Profile Joined October 2010
264 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-02 20:22:30
January 26 2011 22:49 GMT
#11
I've updated some images. Lucky you!
ihasaKAROT
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Netherlands4730 Posts
March 02 2011 19:37 GMT
#12
Mikey, you need to put links to the individual topics with the maps. I remember one being there atleast for prettytimejungle
KCCO!
lovablemikey
Profile Joined October 2010
264 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-02 20:27:28
March 02 2011 20:22 GMT
#13
On March 03 2011 04:37 ihasaKAROT wrote:
Mikey, you need to put links to the individual topics with the maps. I remember one being there atleast for prettytimejungle

I see. Consider it done, soon.

OK. Now it's done.
DomiNater
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States527 Posts
March 02 2011 23:00 GMT
#14
Dude your names for your maps are hilarious. Pretty Time Jungle? LOL

Fuckin awesome maps by the way. I'd say most of these are 75% better than most of the maps I've seen floating around here.

You've got a knack for making these maps man. And you don't even play 1v1's? Wow kudos to you good sir.
After I captured the elephant in the room, swept her under the rug for the hell of it... I welcome you to the melting through, of a planet that was selfish in its development of a healthy view.
boSeok
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada177 Posts
March 03 2011 00:37 GMT
#15
Hey I have one issue with cranky cave. The ramps that lead to third and nat should be roomed just make it a choke.. Terran siege and toss force filed really looks abusable. I feel Zerg can't break through with few harass mention possibilities, only one ramp to third an nat. Maybe a rock for a back door to third?
lovablemikey
Profile Joined October 2010
264 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-03 23:07:38
March 03 2011 22:48 GMT
#16
On March 03 2011 08:00 DomiNater wrote:
Dude your names for your maps are hilarious. Pretty Time Jungle? LOL

Fuckin awesome maps by the way. I'd say most of these are 75% better than most of the maps I've seen floating around here.

You've got a knack for making these maps man. And you don't even play 1v1's? Wow kudos to you good sir.

Ha! If a name doesn't make me chuckle a little bit then I probably won't use it.

Kudos accepted. Thanks for the compliments. I put a lot of time into the maps so it's good to know people notice.

I don't play 1v1 because I'm horrible. I almost exclusively play 4v4. Having 3 other players to pick up my slack makes the game a lot easier.

On March 03 2011 09:37 Kakoon wrote:
Hey I have one issue with cranky cave. The ramps that lead to third and nat should be roomed just make it a choke.. Terran siege and toss force filed really looks abusable. I feel Zerg can't break through with few harass mention possibilities, only one ramp to third an nat. Maybe a rock for a back door to third?

That's an old map from the time when I knew even less about what I was doing. I suppose I could go back into it. In fact, I will! Thanks for the suggestion. Useful suggestions rock.
dimfish
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States663 Posts
March 03 2011 22:58 GMT
#17
we may have to create a new award in MotM called "loveablemikey Somewhere Smiles" for the map with the best name
lovablemikey
Profile Joined October 2010
264 Posts
March 03 2011 23:08 GMT
#18
On March 04 2011 07:58 dimfish wrote:
we may have to create a new award in MotM called "loveablemikey Somewhere Smiles" for the map with the best name

I can only imagine the weird stuff people would start naming their maps.
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 414
ProTech139
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 33284
Bisu 3114
Shuttle 1800
Hyuk 1221
EffOrt 783
Mini 691
Larva 371
Soma 285
firebathero 251
ZerO 244
[ Show more ]
Zeus 116
Sexy 99
hero 96
Last 80
Hyun 51
Killer 40
Mong 38
ToSsGirL 37
PianO 33
Trap 33
Aegong 32
Pusan 32
Bale 27
Hm[arnc] 24
sorry 20
zelot 14
Rock 13
Sacsri 10
Terrorterran 10
JulyZerg 9
Noble 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc8122
qojqva1766
Dendi748
Counter-Strike
fl0m2251
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1333
crisheroes1034
Liquid`Hasu573
Lowko441
Other Games
singsing2201
B2W.Neo1336
Beastyqt533
Livibee219
Hui .208
Liquid`VortiX141
ArmadaUGS102
KnowMe102
Mew2King89
elazer75
CosmosSc2 22
ZerO(Twitch)17
Mlord0
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream57
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 45
• poizon28 12
• Adnapsc2 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8409
• WagamamaTV234
League of Legends
• Jankos1875
Other Games
• Shiphtur45
Upcoming Events
FEL
1h 4m
AI Arena Tournament
2h 4m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4h 4m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19h 4m
INu's Battles
21h 4m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 19h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 20h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.