• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:11
CEST 07:11
KST 14:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7893 users

[M] Pretty Time Jungle

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
lovablemikey
Profile Joined October 2010
264 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-07 02:49:32
January 26 2011 22:55 GMT
#1
Pretty Time Jungle

1v1
10 blue expansions
2 gold expansions
6 Xel' Naga Watch Towers

+ Show Spoiler [Details] +
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [Overview] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [Overview Angled] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [Analyzer Summary] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [Analyzer Shortest Paths] +
[image loading]


Update: 01.26.2011
My current work in progress. Before I start going nuts with doodads, I want to get the design correct. So now everyone needs to play on it!

Update: 01.27.2011
The map is smaller now. Is it still too big?

I also added an in-base Xel' Naga Tower for each player, but it's blocked by rocks. I'm curious how useful it will be. Plus, the center expansions have been moved closer to the sides between the two big ramps on each side.

Also, I noticed the analyzer didn't detect the big rocks on the sides of the map leading to the back-door ramps. They're there though.

Update: 02.02.2011

They layout is pretty much decided on. I'm adding a ton of doodads right now. Once I'm done with them I'll post new pictures so you can all see how pretty it is!

Update: 02.06.2011

It's done! After some testing I got feedback from everyone who played and they all said it was fun. They did have minor suggestions but nothing that would be game altering. So, enjoy! There must be a million doodads in this map.

Visit lovablemikey's Map Thread for more maps!
dezi
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany1536 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-26 23:12:19
January 26 2011 23:11 GMT
#2
I think it's to big. If possible shrink it in size.
TPW Member | My Maps @ TL: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=171486 | Search 'dezi' at EU
mangomango
Profile Joined September 2009
United States265 Posts
January 26 2011 23:20 GMT
#3
That's what she said.
Husky: Every drone you lose is like a needle in the eye. Nony: probes win $10k (Earn it! Idra Fighting) :P
TibblesEvilCat
Profile Joined March 2010
United Kingdom766 Posts
January 26 2011 23:39 GMT
#4
haha lol vweu funny hehe,

but yes the map size is far to large perhaps modifling it into a 4player map would be better suited as personally the layout i feel looks awsomes.
Live Fast Die Young :D
FlopTurnReaver
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Switzerland1980 Posts
January 26 2011 23:43 GMT
#5
Oh that's original, main on double cliff and nat on single cliff with wide ramp.
Check out @MapOfTheMonth on Twitter and under http://bit.ly/motmorg
SWiPht
Profile Joined October 2010
United States83 Posts
January 26 2011 23:52 GMT
#6
looks pretty good, maybe only 1 watchtower in the middle tho?
Currently the top player on NA server with Rory Swann portrait.
lovablemikey
Profile Joined October 2010
264 Posts
January 27 2011 00:00 GMT
#7
On January 27 2011 08:11 dezi wrote:
I think it's to big. If possible shrink it in size.

I'm bringing some of the terrain closer together. I agree, there's too much space.

On January 27 2011 08:39 TibblesEvilCat wrote:
haha lol vweu funny hehe,

but yes the map size is far to large perhaps modifling it into a 4player map would be better suited as personally the layout i feel looks awsomes.

Thanks. It started off as a 4 player map, but I decided to switch it to 2 players because I thought the X and Y axis symmetry was too boring.

On January 27 2011 08:43 FlopTurnReaver wrote:
Oh that's original, main on double cliff and nat on single cliff with wide ramp.

Come give me a kiss!

On January 27 2011 08:52 SWiPht wrote:
looks pretty good, maybe only 1 watchtower in the middle tho?

Thanks. I put two there so each player could have one. Now that I'm condensing the map, I might only stick one there.
FlaShFTW
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States10568 Posts
January 27 2011 02:50 GMT
#8
good: nice design layout. extremely original.

bad: too big.

this thing would be great as a 4p map.
Writer#1 KT and FlaSh Fanboy || Woo Jung Ho Never Forget || Teamliquid Political Decision Desk
TL+ Member
Temporarykid
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada362 Posts
January 27 2011 05:55 GMT
#9
On January 27 2011 08:43 FlopTurnReaver wrote:
Oh that's original, main on double cliff and nat on single cliff with wide ramp.


I can't tell if that's sarcasm or not. hahaha
ㅈㅈ
DocM
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States212 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-27 06:47:26
January 27 2011 06:40 GMT
#10
thats sarcasm. What he doesnt understand is that the mains aren't the only thing in the entire map that exist. I do have some concerns about size though, as well as the third base. It doesnt seem to fit. Since most games dont even go past 3 bases, I think having that third base there makes the rest of the map almost extraneous.
I very much enjoy the side expansions because they are almost a defining feature of your map, (the ones behind the rocks but accessible through the ramps)
I feel like your trying to take that concept and combining it with the xelnaga caverns layout. If i were trying to trim something out of the map to reduce size, i would take out the middle xelnaga part and keep the outside pieces in an almost jungle basiny kind of thing. (but different so that you can actually take a 3rd and 4th base).
lovablemikey
Profile Joined October 2010
264 Posts
January 28 2011 01:05 GMT
#11
On January 27 2011 11:50 FlaShFTW wrote:
good: nice design layout. extremely original.

bad: too big.

this thing would be great as a 4p map.

Thanks. A lot of people are saying that, but I want to be able to make it work as a 1v1. I'm looking at it as a learning experience. Do you still think the map is too big now that I've condensed it?

On January 27 2011 15:40 DocM wrote:
thats sarcasm. What he doesnt understand is that the mains aren't the only thing in the entire map that exist. I do have some concerns about size though, as well as the third base. It doesnt seem to fit. Since most games dont even go past 3 bases, I think having that third base there makes the rest of the map almost extraneous.
I very much enjoy the side expansions because they are almost a defining feature of your map, (the ones behind the rocks but accessible through the ramps)
I feel like your trying to take that concept and combining it with the xelnaga caverns layout. If i were trying to trim something out of the map to reduce size, i would take out the middle xelnaga part and keep the outside pieces in an almost jungle basiny kind of thing. (but different so that you can actually take a 3rd and 4th base).

Thanks for the comments. I took them all into account when I made the map smaller and redesigned it a little.

I know a lot of games don't go past 3 bases, but I think that's because it's usually too inconvenient or risky. I want to see what happens when getting two expansions is pretty easy and safe, which is why I kept the third where it is. I did try to make it fit more though.
lovablemikey
Profile Joined October 2010
264 Posts
February 06 2011 20:48 GMT
#12
OK. This map is finished. I've added detail pictures and updated the rest of the pictures. I hope you like it!
[wh]_ForAlways
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States235 Posts
February 06 2011 21:28 GMT
#13
I absolutely love the design of this map. It reminds me a lot of BroodWar's Chupung-Ryeong. The only thing that irks me is the in-base xel'naga watch towers. They seem out of place and it doesn't really feel like they add anything to the map at all. What was the reasoning behind adding them?
lovablemikey
Profile Joined October 2010
264 Posts
February 07 2011 02:29 GMT
#14
On February 07 2011 06:28 [wh]_ForAlways wrote:
I absolutely love the design of this map. It reminds me a lot of BroodWar's Chupung-Ryeong. The only thing that irks me is the in-base xel'naga watch towers. They seem out of place and it doesn't really feel like they add anything to the map at all. What was the reasoning behind adding them?

Thanks! I don't know about the Brood War map that you mentioned, but I'll take it as a compliment.

The watch towers are there because they give vision of the back-door paths leading to each players third, and because I'm experimenting. I mostly want to see what happens with them. Who knows? Maybe they'll turn out to be the coolest thing ever!
ihasaKAROT
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Netherlands4730 Posts
February 07 2011 09:21 GMT
#15
I really like the new ways of XelNage towers that people think of these days. Very nice job on that

I agree with alot of people that its too big tho. If you got 6 XWT's on a map, the map is too big. Simple as that.

However, the overall layout is very good, I can see some intresting games on this map. Its well thought out, good job. Just squeeze it a little, make it slightly less humongous
KCCO!
NastyMarine
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
United States1252 Posts
February 07 2011 10:03 GMT
#16
Very sexy map.
Treatin' fools since '87
lovablemikey
Profile Joined October 2010
264 Posts
February 09 2011 05:57 GMT
#17
On February 07 2011 18:21 ihasaKAROT wrote:
I really like the new ways of XelNage towers that people think of these days. Very nice job on that

I agree with alot of people that its too big tho. If you got 6 XWT's on a map, the map is too big. Simple as that.

However, the overall layout is very good, I can see some intresting games on this map. Its well thought out, good job. Just squeeze it a little, make it slightly less humongous

Thanks! Watch towers are something I've been experimenting with.

Big maps are another thing I'm experimenting with, which is why this map is pretty big. It's already been downsized quite a bit; the original was admittedly grotesquely enormous. For now, I'm going to keep this map as it is. I want to test it more before I make any decisions on it. Thanks again!

On February 07 2011 19:03 NastyMarine wrote:
Very sexy map.

It has a hint of danger too. You can't resist!
EatThePath
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3943 Posts
March 08 2011 20:52 GMT
#18
So, having played the following game, I can give the official seal of approval to the in-base XWT.

[image loading]
Comprehensive strategic intention: DNE
lefix
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany1082 Posts
March 09 2011 00:28 GMT
#19
one minor thing you might want to change is the direction of the ramp down to your natural. if it was pointed towards the cc spot you can wall it off with 2-3 buildings usually like on metalopolis or lost temple.
other than that, i like your layouts alot. also big thanks to eaththepath for posting a replay. i love custom map replays, especially when the map isn't available on my realm. :D
Map of the Month | The Planetary Workshop | SC2Melee.net
Antares777
Profile Joined June 2010
United States1971 Posts
March 09 2011 00:29 GMT
#20
On March 09 2011 09:28 lefix wrote:
one minor thing you might want to change is the direction of the ramp down to your natural. if it was pointed towards the cc spot you can wall it off with 2-3 buildings usually like on metalopolis or lost temple.
other than that, i like your layouts alot. also big thanks to eaththepath for posting a replay. i love custom map replays, especially when the map isn't available on my realm. :D


I agree. The worst example would be Agria Valley, where you have to block both the natural and main ramp.
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 50m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Larva 580
Hyuk 467
Leta 86
TT1 59
Icarus 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm254
League of Legends
JimRising 721
Other Games
summit1g10099
WinterStarcraft451
Mew2King84
ArmadaUGS43
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1043
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream130
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2253
League of Legends
• Rush1240
• Lourlo1079
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4h 50m
INu's Battles
6h 50m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
9h 50m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 50m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 50m
Replay Cast
17h 50m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 5h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 10h
Replay Cast
1d 17h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.