• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:12
CEST 23:12
KST 06:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8522 users

[M] Pretty Time Jungle - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 All
FlaShFTW
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States10568 Posts
March 09 2011 02:40 GMT
#21
its getting better. kinda looks like a destination map... if you've played BW and know that map.

the corner expansions look slightly awkward... but i guess they seem alright.

nice route connecting the gold to the 3rd.
Writer#1 KT and FlaSh Fanboy || Woo Jung Ho Never Forget || Teamliquid Political Decision Desk
TL+ Member
lovablemikey
Profile Joined October 2010
264 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-10 15:16:37
March 09 2011 21:00 GMT
#22
On March 09 2011 05:52 EatThePath wrote:
So, having played the following game, I can give the official seal of approval to the in-base XWT.

[image loading]

Too cool! That replay was fun. I always get a kick out of seeing my maps being played. I'm assuming you were Protoss. If that's true, congratulations on a job well done. It was a little slow to start, but I think that's the way it goes with macro games sometimes. There were some good fights in there though. I like big army battles. Thanks again for the replay!

I like the in-base tower too. It doesn't take a lot of effort to take and it can help spot drops, which I noticed happened in the replay. Since the map is so big, I thought being able to get a lot of vision would be beneficial. I hope I didn't overdo it. I'm using the in-base tower again in Beachy Bungalow, but it's in the natural instead of the main.

On March 09 2011 09:28 lefix wrote:
one minor thing you might want to change is the direction of the ramp down to your natural. if it was pointed towards the cc spot you can wall it off with 2-3 buildings usually like on metalopolis or lost temple.
other than that, i like your layouts alot. also big thanks to eaththepath for posting a replay. i love custom map replays, especially when the map isn't available on my realm. :D

I'll tinker with that idea. Why not, right? Good suggestion.

On March 09 2011 09:29 Antares777 wrote:
I agree. The worst example would be Agria Valley, where you have to block both the natural and main ramp.

Maybe I'll definitely change the ramp then.

On March 09 2011 11:40 FlaShFTW wrote:
its getting better. kinda looks like a destination map... if you've played BW and know that map.

the corner expansions look slightly awkward... but i guess they seem alright.

nice route connecting the gold to the 3rd.

Thanks. I don't know the map you referenced but any well known Brood War map reference is always appreciated.

The corner expansions were sort of an after-thought. They fit so I went with it.
lovablemikey
Profile Joined October 2010
264 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-10 06:34:32
March 10 2011 05:10 GMT
#23
Check out the new ramp!

+ Show Spoiler [New Ramp] +
[image loading]


Edit: Apparently horizontal ramps are lame. I'll be switching back to a diagonal ramp.
EatThePath
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3943 Posts
March 10 2011 06:14 GMT
#24
o.O

Is that a horizontal ramp?!

That is preferable to vertical (by far) at least. You might want to do some doodad/path blocking so that it's the right size for one forcefield. But if not, I think the 1.5 size ramp on a map this big is okay. Also consider some thingies at the top for ease of walling.
Comprehensive strategic intention: DNE
lovablemikey
Profile Joined October 2010
264 Posts
March 10 2011 06:31 GMT
#25
On March 10 2011 15:14 EatThePath wrote:
o.O

Is that a horizontal ramp?!

That is preferable to vertical (by far) at least. You might want to do some doodad/path blocking so that it's the right size for one forcefield. But if not, I think the 1.5 size ramp on a map this big is okay. Also consider some thingies at the top for ease of walling.

I just tested the horizontal ramp size and you're right, a forcefield doesn't cover the whole ramp. I didn't know that. I'll change it to a diagonal ramp.
Dhalphir
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Australia1305 Posts
March 10 2011 07:56 GMT
#26
Love the map. Size seems perfect as is right now, the layout isn't TOO original but its also very very good, originality often leads to being bad, so I like the layout. Been playing a few games on it and it definitely feels pretty balanced so far.
Supporting TypeII Gaming - www.typeii.net - TypeReaL, TypePhoeNix, TypeSuN, TypeDBS!!
Johanaz
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark363 Posts
March 10 2011 12:41 GMT
#27
On March 10 2011 14:10 lovablemikey wrote:
Check out the new ramp!

+ Show Spoiler [New Ramp] +
[image loading]


Edit: Apparently horizontal ramps are lame. I'll be switching back to a diagonal ramp.


ROFLMAO! lovablemikey you are a funny guy. Comments, map names. Never fail to crack me up

Speaking of funny guys, if you don´t know TL user baller you should definitely go check him out.
TPW Map Maker - theplanetaryworkshop.com
lovablemikey
Profile Joined October 2010
264 Posts
March 10 2011 22:36 GMT
#28
On March 10 2011 16:56 Dhalphir wrote:
Love the map. Size seems perfect as is right now, the layout isn't TOO original but its also very very good, originality often leads to being bad, so I like the layout. Been playing a few games on it and it definitely feels pretty balanced so far.

Thanks. I changed the ramps back to the way they were before I made them horizontal. Aside from that, I would say it's time to move on. It's balanced enough as it is, like you said, so I'm finished working on it.

On March 10 2011 21:41 Johanaz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 10 2011 14:10 lovablemikey wrote:
Check out the new ramp!

+ Show Spoiler [New Ramp] +
[image loading]


Edit: Apparently horizontal ramps are lame. I'll be switching back to a diagonal ramp.


ROFLMAO! lovablemikey you are a funny guy. Comments, map names. Never fail to crack me up

Speaking of funny guys, if you don´t know TL user baller you should definitely go check him out.

I don't know baller but I read a lot of his quotes from his fan club thread and there are some good ones in there. I would have to say the one about pooping while performing brain surgery was my favorite. Maybe I'll be funny enough to have my own fan club one day.
lovablemikey
Profile Joined October 2010
264 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-27 09:42:30
November 27 2011 09:41 GMT
#29
Sorry to bump an old thread without any new content, but I got permission! I'm testing something out with editing this thread.

Edit: Well, that didn't work. Fudge.
Johanaz
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark363 Posts
November 27 2011 14:54 GMT
#30
Holy crap! Mikey´s back!

We missed u - plz don´t take a 5 months break again!
TPW Map Maker - theplanetaryworkshop.com
lovablemikey
Profile Joined October 2010
264 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-28 02:39:46
November 28 2011 02:38 GMT
#31
On November 27 2011 23:54 Johanaz wrote:
Holy crap! Mikey´s back!

We missed u - plz don´t take a 5 months break again!

I didn't want to, but my computer broke! Now I'm stuck using this crummy laptop to enviously watch you guys make maps. Just my luck, right?

There are a lot of cool maps floating around here. Nice! I'm super jealous.

EDIT: Consider this thread closed. I'll have to make a new one when I get another computer.
Prev 1 2 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O107
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason140
BRAT_OK 46
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 937
ZZZero.O 107
Hyun 41
Bale 21
League of Legends
Doublelift3576
JimRising 464
Counter-Strike
Fnx 957
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6279
Other Games
summit1g8460
FrodaN3145
B2W.Neo625
ToD282
KnowMe243
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1499
BasetradeTV280
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream38
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 40
• musti20045 20
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki27
• blackmanpl 14
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1369
• Shiphtur224
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
1h 48m
Afreeca Starleague
12h 48m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
13h 48m
Monday Night Weeklies
18h 48m
Replay Cast
1d 1h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 12h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 13h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.