• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:22
CEST 17:22
KST 00:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror SC4ALL II: Brood War Player Announcement 4/4 Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9351 users

League of Legends [New forum, check OP!] - Page 705

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 703 704 705 706 707 1431 Next
IntoTheWow
Profile Blog Joined May 2004
is awesome32282 Posts
August 24 2010 03:31 GMT
#14081
Ugh, the servers are lagging like hell for me now...
Moderator<:3-/-<
Deleted User 30223
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
3104 Posts
August 24 2010 03:32 GMT
#14082
is the server working for you guys? mine is just really bugged right now
BlueBird.
Profile Joined August 2008
United States3890 Posts
August 24 2010 03:34 GMT
#14083
server is not, probably gonna go down for awhile
Currently Playing: Android Netrunner, Gwent, Gloomhaven, Board Games
Athos
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States2484 Posts
August 24 2010 03:35 GMT
#14084
On August 24 2010 12:13 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote: Maybe you, too, can be the #1 CHOGATH.


There can only be one...
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
August 24 2010 03:36 GMT
#14085
Right now I have 3 rune pages:

CHO (Caster):
mpen marks, mp5/lv seals/glyphs, movespeed quints

DERPS (dps/garen):
armor pen marks, dodge seals, MR/lv glyphs, flat hp quints

JUNGLE (junglers):
attackspeed marks, dodge seals, cdr/lv glyphs, flat hp quints

This is a really simple and diverse rune setup. The most expensive things are the sets of dodge seals, flat hp quints, and the third rune page. Before I had a separate jungle page i just ran with my dps page, subbing out MR for cdr/lv.

You don't really need too much IP to get a level 1 page anyway, and that should hold you for a bit. The game is so much better with tier 3 runes though.
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
Deleted User 30223
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
3104 Posts
August 24 2010 03:36 GMT
#14086
woooow. i entered a solo queue because the server was lagging like hell, and right when i get into a game, chat reconnected. turns out two of my friends did the same thing. LOL
Khul Sadukar
Profile Joined August 2009
Australia1735 Posts
August 24 2010 03:41 GMT
#14087
On August 24 2010 12:28 Scamp wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 24 2010 12:20 Khul Sadukar wrote:
Haha, the question is, what movespeed did u have? I hope it was the 5 out of combat lol.


Well, when uniques overlap you get the best one. So I assume his movespeed increase was 5 outside of combat and 3 while in it.


Sweet!

I'm buying 2 boots every game now.
I don't want to be part everything. I want to be something. - Weapon X
-fj.
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Samoa462 Posts
August 24 2010 03:42 GMT
#14088
Is the server giving you guys 5000 ms pings too?
UniversalSnip
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
9871 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-24 03:47:25
August 24 2010 03:46 GMT
#14089
On August 24 2010 12:23 UniversalSnip wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 24 2010 11:58 deth2munkies wrote:
On August 24 2010 11:53 UniversalSnip wrote:
On August 24 2010 10:15 red_ wrote:
On August 24 2010 10:09 redtooth wrote:
On August 24 2010 10:08 phyvo wrote:
I'm just not finding LoL that fun anymore. It's only fun when I play with people I know IRL (translation: when my brother plays with me). Even then I don't feel like a great player. I don't like the F2P system and grinding. I dislike dealing with allegations of noobishness and e-peen strutting.

I tried playing ARAM for more lulz as people would have it, but ARAM isn't fun because 80% of the time one team or the other is completely screwed over by team comp and/or leavers.

I also suck at last hitting with Nidalee and sucking sucks.

I wonder if without the F2P system and the grind LoL would be gathering dust on my hard drive just like TF2 is.
holy fuck. this guy knows me way too fucking well.


Ya you are pretty fucking bad...

Also I really think the 'grind' gets at me more than anything else in this game. All the other shit I might complain about is present in pretty much any multiplayer game(balance issues, people you don't like for whatever reason, other shit I'm just not thinking of right now). I would enjoy LoL a lot more(especially with my champion ADD where I can't pick a main) if I could just like, play the champs, rune how I wanted, without grinding either 1000 games or throwing down 100 bones.

If HoN and LoL switched payment plans(obviously completely impossible this long into the game's retail life, I don't have that unrealistic expectation) I'd probably be having a much better time playing it.


I feel like in one year, I KNOW I won't still be playing this game, because runes just add too much farming. At some point my desire to learn is going to be blocked by the fact I won't have enough grind stored up and it's going to be crazy frustrating.

tf2 is actually a perfect example of the same thing. At some point I got bored with the game, uninstalled it because pubs were making me rage and comp play was awful, and jumped ship to quake live. I've considered messing around in it again, but I won't have access to any of the new shit without tedious grinding so there's no point.

Unfortunately this game includes a great deal of ''virtual skill' - the skill your character has rather than you. The reason the whole model seems punishing to somebody with a competitive streak is because the way we think of it, you gain access to the full powers of an item by being good with it. For example, in quake, the plasma gun might as well not exist unless you have enormous skill with it. Imagine if somebody told you you had to 'craft' a plasma gun in quake to use it. It would be redundant, hence, annoying.

I'm not saying there isn't player skill in LoL, btw, just that it's squeezed by the grind model which is based around virtual skill.

And that's exactly what you get for not paying anything for the game. Either shell out the $30 to get the heroes (and by the time you're 30, you'll have 3 rune books full of runes because you don't need to spend IP on anything else) or grind it and not pay one red cent.

This F2P model is awesome, grinders like me who have been desensitized by WoW and other games can play a fun, engaging game even though we're broke college students who can't afford most mainstream titles, while letting casuals willing to pay for the game play on the same level as us.


Actually it's 40 to buy all of them, but if I were going to drop money on the whole thing, I'd just buy hon which is more full featured and stable. Or more realistically, wait for valve dota.


er actually my math is totally wrong.

RP cost of buying all champs

26390

You can buy IP in lots of 650 for five dollars (haven't checked larger bundles).

26390 / 650 = 40 (rounded down) lots of five dollars each, or two hundred bucks to follow your suggestion. Nice plan there!
"How fucking dare you defile the sanctity of DotA with your fucking casual plebian terminology? May the curse of Gaben and Volvo be upon you. le filthy casual."
BlueBird.
Profile Joined August 2008
United States3890 Posts
August 24 2010 04:02 GMT
#14090
does anyone know lil ballz jungle olaf build? Im a big fan of his Udyr set up after using it
Currently Playing: Android Netrunner, Gwent, Gloomhaven, Board Games
Insanious
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada1251 Posts
August 24 2010 04:30 GMT
#14091
On August 24 2010 12:46 UniversalSnip wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 24 2010 12:23 UniversalSnip wrote:
On August 24 2010 11:58 deth2munkies wrote:
On August 24 2010 11:53 UniversalSnip wrote:
On August 24 2010 10:15 red_ wrote:
On August 24 2010 10:09 redtooth wrote:
On August 24 2010 10:08 phyvo wrote:
I'm just not finding LoL that fun anymore. It's only fun when I play with people I know IRL (translation: when my brother plays with me). Even then I don't feel like a great player. I don't like the F2P system and grinding. I dislike dealing with allegations of noobishness and e-peen strutting.

I tried playing ARAM for more lulz as people would have it, but ARAM isn't fun because 80% of the time one team or the other is completely screwed over by team comp and/or leavers.

I also suck at last hitting with Nidalee and sucking sucks.

I wonder if without the F2P system and the grind LoL would be gathering dust on my hard drive just like TF2 is.
holy fuck. this guy knows me way too fucking well.


Ya you are pretty fucking bad...

Also I really think the 'grind' gets at me more than anything else in this game. All the other shit I might complain about is present in pretty much any multiplayer game(balance issues, people you don't like for whatever reason, other shit I'm just not thinking of right now). I would enjoy LoL a lot more(especially with my champion ADD where I can't pick a main) if I could just like, play the champs, rune how I wanted, without grinding either 1000 games or throwing down 100 bones.

If HoN and LoL switched payment plans(obviously completely impossible this long into the game's retail life, I don't have that unrealistic expectation) I'd probably be having a much better time playing it.


I feel like in one year, I KNOW I won't still be playing this game, because runes just add too much farming. At some point my desire to learn is going to be blocked by the fact I won't have enough grind stored up and it's going to be crazy frustrating.

tf2 is actually a perfect example of the same thing. At some point I got bored with the game, uninstalled it because pubs were making me rage and comp play was awful, and jumped ship to quake live. I've considered messing around in it again, but I won't have access to any of the new shit without tedious grinding so there's no point.

Unfortunately this game includes a great deal of ''virtual skill' - the skill your character has rather than you. The reason the whole model seems punishing to somebody with a competitive streak is because the way we think of it, you gain access to the full powers of an item by being good with it. For example, in quake, the plasma gun might as well not exist unless you have enormous skill with it. Imagine if somebody told you you had to 'craft' a plasma gun in quake to use it. It would be redundant, hence, annoying.

I'm not saying there isn't player skill in LoL, btw, just that it's squeezed by the grind model which is based around virtual skill.

And that's exactly what you get for not paying anything for the game. Either shell out the $30 to get the heroes (and by the time you're 30, you'll have 3 rune books full of runes because you don't need to spend IP on anything else) or grind it and not pay one red cent.

This F2P model is awesome, grinders like me who have been desensitized by WoW and other games can play a fun, engaging game even though we're broke college students who can't afford most mainstream titles, while letting casuals willing to pay for the game play on the same level as us.


Actually it's 40 to buy all of them, but if I were going to drop money on the whole thing, I'd just buy hon which is more full featured and stable. Or more realistically, wait for valve dota.


er actually my math is totally wrong.

RP cost of buying all champs

26390

You can buy IP in lots of 650 for five dollars (haven't checked larger bundles).

26390 / 650 = 40 (rounded down) lots of five dollars each, or two hundred bucks to follow your suggestion. Nice plan there!
... He didn't mean buy every champ he meant either:

- Get $35 in RP = 5,000 RP
- Get 1st bundle
- Get the free $10 in RP from 1st bundle
- Have over 2,500RP left over
- Buy more champs with RP
- Have around 30 champs
- Use IP for Runes

OR

- Get $35 in RP = 5,000 RP
- Get 1st bundle
- Get the free $10 in RP from 1st bundle
- Have over 2,500RP left over
- Buy $10 more in RP
- Buy other Champion bundle
- Have 40 champs unlocked
- Use IP for runes

OR

- Get $35 in RP = 5,000 RP
- Buy some random champs
- Use IP for runes

LoL Isn't meant for you to own every single thing in the game unless you drop something like $170 in RP (buying only $35 bundles)... so Don't. Do what normal people do, buy a champ bundle + 2 - 3 champs you like playing and use those 30ish champs.. you don't need at 57 champs and you wont be playing most champions anyway...

Pick like 5 - 10 champs you like, unlock them with RP (bundle + buy stragglers will get u the most bang for your buck) then get runes...

With like 20k IP you can unlock all the runes you will need for 99% of champs (APen, MPen, armor/lvl, mr/lvl, CDR, MP5/lvl, HP Quints) and then you can go back to buying champs...

I mean im only like 500 games into LoL and i have 30 champs, all the runes I need and am now just farming IP for champs I like and using my extra RP on skins...

Do I want Galio or Vlad? No... saves me 12,600IP
Do I want Xin or Akali? No... saves me 6,300IP
Do I want Twitch or EZ? No... Saves me another 12,600IP

See what I did there? Picked champs I tried in free weeks that I didn't like and didn't buy them... Easy as that.
If you want to help me out... http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b82744b816d3
BlueBird.
Profile Joined August 2008
United States3890 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-24 04:41:34
August 24 2010 04:37 GMT
#14092
GOTTA CATCH THEM ALL.

In reality I own champs Ive NEVER played, and I have all but 5-6 champs.. most of the champs I own go under used
Currently Playing: Android Netrunner, Gwent, Gloomhaven, Board Games
mrgerry
Profile Joined September 2008
United States1508 Posts
August 24 2010 04:46 GMT
#14093
its nice to just own the champs at least for me at this point i just want to play whatever sounds fun and that changes alot. I wish i owned vladimir and kennen though, don't really know why i own akali or blitzcrank lol
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
August 24 2010 04:48 GMT
#14094
Been watching the new champ spotlight. Looks like he's another case of "Garen Syndrome". OP as fuck early game, settles into a valuable support role later (high dps tank). I don't see how his first ability is blanced with such a low CD at lvl 1...but we'll see I guess.
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
August 24 2010 04:56 GMT
#14095
AP WARWICK

SCREENSHOTS COMING SOON
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
NB
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Netherlands12045 Posts
August 24 2010 05:04 GMT
#14096
warwick definitely needs some nerfs next patch. i will start banning WW + amumu everygame from now on and picking shaco if its miss banned x(
Im daed. Follow me @TL_NB
red_
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8474 Posts
August 24 2010 05:04 GMT
#14097
On August 24 2010 13:46 mrgerry wrote:
its nice to just own the champs at least for me at this point i just want to play whatever sounds fun and that changes alot. I wish i owned vladimir and kennen though, don't really know why i own akali or blitzcrank lol


Quoting you because of him because that's kind of my current mindset, my favorite champ changes like every other day, maybe every other game depending on who I'm playing with.

LoL's competition right now is a game where you can play all champs from day 1 regardless of whether you want to or not. People are going to compare LoL to similar games, and it's pricing plan just doesn't measure up favorably if you are willing to spend money(I've said many many times now that I would drop 40-60 on LoL if it got me content for life sans skins and extra shit like that).

It is obviously impossible for them to implement this now with so many people already 300+ dollars deep into Riot's bank.
How did the experience of working at Mr Burns' Nuclear Plant influence Homer's composition of the Iliad and Odyssey?
Kaneh
Profile Joined April 2009
Canada737 Posts
August 24 2010 05:24 GMT
#14098
On August 24 2010 14:04 NB wrote:
warwick definitely needs some nerfs next patch. i will start banning WW + amumu everygame from now on and picking shaco if its miss banned x(


Warwick is only 'good' again because everyone stopped taking cleanse. It's so silly how WW is so tied to one summoner spell that the other team may or may not have.

Amumu to a lesser degree is the same way. Was usually a solid pick, but only became really 'good' when people stopped taking cleanse.
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
August 24 2010 05:55 GMT
#14099
errr, you don't really know what you're talking about.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
Khul Sadukar
Profile Joined August 2009
Australia1735 Posts
August 24 2010 06:04 GMT
#14100
My ult should be the least of ur worries :p
I don't want to be part everything. I want to be something. - Weapon X
Prev 1 703 704 705 706 707 1431 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
00:00
#14
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
Harstem195
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Harstem 195
Railgan 88
IndyStarCraft 73
trigger 42
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 53488
Shuttle 7712
BeSt 785
Horang2 492
actioN 263
Larva 209
Sexy 200
ggaemo 155
Soma 148
Last 115
[ Show more ]
Mind 102
Zeus 78
Sea.KH 58
hero 57
Hyun 55
Aegong 49
Killer 47
ToSsGirL 30
Bale 26
PianO 23
Rock 16
NaDa 12
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc4862
qojqva2774
Dendi1458
420jenkins457
Fuzer 120
Counter-Strike
fl0m3468
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1228
Liquid`Hasu762
MindelVK7
Other Games
singsing1004
B2W.Neo880
Beastyqt637
Mlord462
byalli386
Livibee245
ArmadaUGS200
Hui .192
KnowMe107
QueenE86
Mew2King59
CosmosSc2 31
Chillindude23
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick796
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream56
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 56
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 2917
League of Legends
• Nemesis2843
Other Games
• WagamamaTV205
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 38m
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 38m
Replay Cast
7h 38m
Afreeca Starleague
18h 38m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
19h 38m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d
Replay Cast
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 18h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 19h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.