• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:27
CEST 05:27
KST 12:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8027 users

users opinion on options and mods during casts - Page 3

Forum Index > TSL4 Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
OlorinTheWise
Profile Joined May 2010
United States173 Posts
July 08 2012 00:19 GMT
#41
On July 08 2012 05:50 EnE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 08 2012 05:27 speknek wrote:
Wow, didn't expect so many people to prefer some slight graphical difference over a very clear visibility advantage.
The mod is great and I hope everyone will start using it. Blizzard should even make it an option in menu.


What the fuck are you talking about? Is this entire forum trolling me?!??!?! How does having all the banelings randomly attacked by a weirdo with glitter all over his fingers give a very clear visibility advantage? It just destroys the atmosphere and realism and makes seeing all the units very hard.

Why am I the only person in the bloody world who never had a problem seeing the units on the screen?! If you're in favor of the mod, I strongly, strongly suggest you at least get your Eyes checked out at an Optician because there's quite a heavy chance that you need some minor vision correction.

Likely it's because you have an extremely good connection and can watch matches in 720p or better all the time. For those of us who have to watch them on lower qualities, it can be quite hard to see the differences between the units in mirror matches, especially ZvZ. When you have to watch a match in 360p or worse, then the stronger color mod makes the game immensely more watchable. >.>
"Evil, be thou my good."
Goetzinho ftw
Profile Joined June 2012
Germany115 Posts
July 08 2012 16:21 GMT
#42
casters should enable status health bar at all time


NO! In a lategame TvZ with Marines/Ling/Blind/Broodlords all you see are healthbars... I don't care about he HP Bars of every single broodling/creep tumor and ling wtt, it burns my eyes. why don't people learn from GSL, they are one of the only ones who use non-retarded observers.
Fanatic-Templar
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada5819 Posts
July 08 2012 18:21 GMT
#43
I find the stronger colours way too aggressive. I guess the comparison to audio would be easiest to explain. If you can't hear a programme, then turning up the volume makes it easier for you to hear. But for those who could already hear it fine, then it just feels like everything is screaming in their ears all the time.

That's what this mod feels to me. Visual screaming. It's not the end of the world, but I really don't like it.

Incidentally, I think it's hilarious that we've gotten to this when I so clearly remember there being an opposite mod a while back, the make-everything-black mod or whatever.
I bear this sig to commemorate the loss of the team icon that commemorated Oversky's 2008-2009 Proleague Round 1 performance.
EnE
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
417 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-08 20:17:13
July 08 2012 20:16 GMT
#44
On July 09 2012 03:21 Fanatic-Templar wrote:
I find the stronger colours way too aggressive. I guess the comparison to audio would be easiest to explain. If you can't hear a programme, then turning up the volume makes it easier for you to hear. But for those who could already hear it fine, then it just feels like everything is screaming in their ears all the time.

That's what this mod feels to me. Visual screaming. It's not the end of the world, but I really don't like it.

Incidentally, I think it's hilarious that we've gotten to this when I so clearly remember there being an opposite mod a while back, the make-everything-black mod or whatever.


Thanks, you put this a lot more eloquently than I did.

I also really, really (really, really really) don't like it. Sorry if it seems I'm posting too much here but I'm absolutely terrified of this becoming the standard, it would destroy my main hobby.
I'm embarrased by my past actions and even more ashamed of my present thoughts and future endeavors to clear my name.
Leviance
Profile Joined November 2009
Germany4079 Posts
July 08 2012 20:52 GMT
#45
I pray this mod won't be used in the main tournament. We all know how SC2 looks, so we're all used to it. If half of people like the mod better, they still would be fine with what they're already used to (normal), but the other half that hates it gets fucked. I'm sure you can find people who would prefer a mod where everything has penises and tits and assholes, but would their opinion be a reason to use it in an official tournament? Ofc I know that the Extractor has an asshole, it was just an example.
"Blizzard is never gonna nerf Terran because of those American and European fuck" - Korean Netizen
NEEDZMOAR
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Sweden1277 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-12 12:53:11
July 10 2012 20:58 GMT
#46
On July 04 2012 08:05 StarVe wrote:
I personally don't like the mod at all, not even in mirror matchups, for me it's completely sufficient if you enforce complementary colours (honestly, for me it's sufficient if you don't enforce anything at all, but you might as well).

I think it makes the game look even more cartoony, most units and buildings look ridiculously overdone and I'd dislike it if you continued to use it, but I can see why some people want you to.

Your choice, TL.


as partly color-blind I can tell you that without the colormod I'd be lost in a lot of matches, it's been helping me a lot and even if the game is looking worse, beauty isn't the reason as to why Im enjoying sc2. Personally I like sc2 because of the strategies mindgames player skills etc, not the graphics.

What Im saying is that people should think of others not only themselves :> take orb for instance, he wouldnt be able to cast jack without it.
NEEDZMOAR
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Sweden1277 Posts
July 10 2012 21:02 GMT
#47
On July 06 2012 19:07 EnE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 06 2012 17:28 canucks12 wrote:
I enjoy being able to see what's going on when banelings enter a fight. Also I find that the default zealots are nearly impossible to differentiate when they are in a battle. It's a good mod, I was thinking of downloading it for myself.


What are you talking about? With the mod on means you CAN'T see whats going on if banelings are involved.

Actually, how banelings look with stronger team colours enabled is why I didn't watch TSL. Please stop this shit for TSL 5 because I can't bear it. If all tournaments use it, I'll actually quit sc2 since viewing will no longer be enjoyable for me.



so basically only because you dislike the colors people who are colorblind should suffer? there's a difference between the game being fugly and people not being able to see what's going on, at all.
Blueblister
Profile Joined August 2009
Sweden321 Posts
July 11 2012 03:50 GMT
#48
As Blizzard plainly expressed they won't take steps to cater to this rather large minority it's good to see organizers and caster taking constructive steps towards making this community more inclusive.

From my point of view some aspects of the mod in question simply looks neater while some are slightly inconvenient, a small sacrifice if it enables other members to follow the most crucial moments in a game.
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
July 11 2012 04:36 GMT
#49
On July 11 2012 12:50 Blueblister wrote:
As Blizzard plainly expressed they won't take steps to cater to this rather large minority it's good to see organizers and caster taking constructive steps towards making this community more inclusive.

From my point of view some aspects of the mod in question simply looks neater while some are slightly inconvenient, a small sacrifice if it enables other members to follow the most crucial moments in a game.

Really? Dustin Browder was asked about the mod in an interview (by reddit I think) and he said they definitely appreciate and support it and are looking to implement something like that.
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
DOUDOU
Profile Joined October 2011
Wales2940 Posts
July 11 2012 07:00 GMT
#50
On July 11 2012 12:50 Blueblister wrote:some aspects of the mod in question simply looks neater while some are slightly inconvenient

i believe many people find the mod more than "slightly" inconvenient
Feast | Grubby | Mvp | Polt | Fantasy | Last | MMA | forGG | Leenock | Soberphano | Scarlett cutiepie
MrF
Profile Joined October 2011
United States320 Posts
July 11 2012 22:03 GMT
#51
ZvZ needs something but this mod seems too intense by a little
HunterXHunter is awesome
mDuo13
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States307 Posts
July 11 2012 22:35 GMT
#52
I'm so glad they use the stronger color mod. It's way easier to follow PvP and ZvZ battles with the mod enabled. Actually, it makes everything easier to follow. I think it looks really cool for Protoss units especially. I hope the naysayers get over it and that this becomes the new standard for all streaming.
EnE
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
417 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-13 14:30:19
July 13 2012 14:27 GMT
#53
On July 12 2012 07:35 mDuo13 wrote:
I'm so glad they use the stronger color mod. It's way easier to follow PvP and ZvZ battles with the mod enabled. Actually, it makes everything easier to follow. I think it looks really cool for Protoss units especially. I hope the naysayers get over it and that this becomes the new standard for all streaming.


It's horrible aesthetically at any point in the game. And it's horrible practically because if there's any banelings on the field, you cant see anything else that's going on becase they look so fucking ridiculous.

If you took this shit to it's logical conclusion, everything would just be random household objects with enermous balls of light on them. Where's the problem telling zerglings apart in a mirror matchup when one of them is a shoe with a green supernova in it and the other one is a small ocean filled with sinks that change color from orange to yellow constantly? Why don't we do that?

Oh, yeah, because its fucking stupid. Because it'd be bad aesthetically and bad to a point when it comes to visibility, just like the banelings are.
I'm embarrased by my past actions and even more ashamed of my present thoughts and future endeavors to clear my name.
EnE
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
417 Posts
July 13 2012 14:31 GMT
#54
On July 12 2012 07:35 mDuo13 wrote:
I'm so glad they use the stronger color mod. It's way easier to follow PvP and ZvZ battles with the mod enabled. Actually, it makes everything easier to follow. I think it looks really cool for Protoss units especially. I hope the naysayers get over it and that this becomes the new standard for all streaming.


I'll never be able to "get over" it. I don't play League Of Legends. I don't play angry birds. I play starcraft 2. Part of the draw that originally made me love it is that it makes aesthetic sense.
I'm embarrased by my past actions and even more ashamed of my present thoughts and future endeavors to clear my name.
ComaDose
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada10357 Posts
July 13 2012 14:37 GMT
#55
On July 13 2012 23:31 EnE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 12 2012 07:35 mDuo13 wrote:
I'm so glad they use the stronger color mod. It's way easier to follow PvP and ZvZ battles with the mod enabled. Actually, it makes everything easier to follow. I think it looks really cool for Protoss units especially. I hope the naysayers get over it and that this becomes the new standard for all streaming.


I'll never be able to "get over" it. I don't play League Of Legends. I don't play angry birds. I play starcraft 2. Part of the draw that originally made me love it is that it makes aesthetic sense.


Angry birds makes no aesthetic sense.
I'm really down for a shoe with a green supernova in it versus a small ocean filled with sinks that change color from orange to yellow constantly.
For now stronger colours seems more reasonable and popular.
But just so you know something you dont find apealing doesnt make it horrible aesthetically.
BW pros training sc2 is like kiss making a dub step album.
CrAyZeD
Profile Joined January 2012
United States36 Posts
July 13 2012 15:02 GMT
#56
I like the mod i like the cartoony look it gives to the game but its not going to make or break the tournament for me
Nice To Meet You!<3
Xalorian
Profile Joined September 2011
Canada433 Posts
July 13 2012 15:58 GMT
#57
The Stronger color mod is just plain ugly in my eyes. Lings, Banelings and even Zerg buildings looks like plastic and toy with it.
EnE
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
417 Posts
July 13 2012 16:29 GMT
#58
On July 13 2012 23:37 ComaDose wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 13 2012 23:31 EnE wrote:
On July 12 2012 07:35 mDuo13 wrote:
I'm so glad they use the stronger color mod. It's way easier to follow PvP and ZvZ battles with the mod enabled. Actually, it makes everything easier to follow. I think it looks really cool for Protoss units especially. I hope the naysayers get over it and that this becomes the new standard for all streaming.


I'll never be able to "get over" it. I don't play League Of Legends. I don't play angry birds. I play starcraft 2. Part of the draw that originally made me love it is that it makes aesthetic sense.


Angry birds makes no aesthetic sense.
I'm really down for a shoe with a green supernova in it versus a small ocean filled with sinks that change color from orange to yellow constantly.
For now stronger colours seems more reasonable and popular.
But just so you know something you dont find apealing doesnt make it horrible aesthetically.


That was my point... angry birds doesn't make aesthetic sense. Sc2 without color mod does.
I'm embarrased by my past actions and even more ashamed of my present thoughts and future endeavors to clear my name.
mijellin
Profile Joined November 2008
China740 Posts
July 13 2012 16:43 GMT
#59
I like the mod. I'm not that familiar with SC2 so I don't always know whether a color is part of the unit or if it's a reflection of the team. Having the color mod makes it wayyyy clearer for me.

It seems that although the poll has the pro-color mod winning, the anti-color mod people are much more outspoken in the thread. That's why I decided to put in my own two cents: )
Carlf666
Profile Joined July 2012
4 Posts
July 16 2012 23:57 GMT
#60
A question maybe a bit out of topic, but is it possible to watch the TSL 4 live in NYC? If so, how do I do?
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 33m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 245
ProTech134
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 17191
Rain 1479
GuemChi 611
sSak 31
NaDa 28
Bale 18
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm206
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
taco 574
minikerr49
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1057
Mew2King96
Other Games
summit1g7005
JimRising 620
WinterStarcraft561
C9.Mang0173
ViBE135
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1009
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream43
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 157
• Light_VIP 24
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo741
• Stunt313
Other Games
• Scarra922
• Shiphtur770
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
6h 33m
INu's Battles
7h 33m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
9h 33m
OSC
18h 48m
Replay Cast
19h 33m
OSC
1d 19h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.