• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:45
CEST 10:45
KST 17:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)31Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8400 users

[TSL] Feedback - Page 5

Forum Index > PokerStrategy.com TSL3 Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Jotoco
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil1342 Posts
March 22 2011 05:53 GMT
#81
Could some mod/admin comment on the UStream lagging issue? If you're going to add another stream, can't or are thinking about it? Just a heads up, because I couldn't watch any game live, and was disappointed.
Lambertus
Profile Joined February 2010
South Africa994 Posts
March 22 2011 08:33 GMT
#82
On March 22 2011 06:23 Chill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 22 2011 06:12 Lambertus wrote:
As an Fan and viewer of all TSLs so far, I want to point out that the Observer is doing a great job (as nearly always).
He seems prepared, knows the maps, the metagame and is following the casters (and they are following him? I found it funny that in the game of Ciara vs MC (I think) the Observer noticed the miskliked drones that were just following another drone and not mining. The Casters didnt get it :D )

The observer is Hot_Bid.

The casters and observers don't see each other screens. Nobody is following anybody else, although it is the observer's job to try to follow what the casters are talking about.

So you shouldn't say they didn't get it. I'm sure they would get it if they saw it, they just didn't see it.


Sorry, that was mis-used english from my side us german guys, always insulting without knowing :D
The only known Reverend on TL playing SC2 and BW (http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=409226)
Leviance
Profile Joined November 2009
Germany4079 Posts
March 22 2011 09:53 GMT
#83
On March 22 2011 11:34 Kennigit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 22 2011 09:09 Kewlots wrote:
1. There's no epic intro that shows all the players and there names like the other tsl so I didn't get as excited

It's only ro32


Great news there :D
"Blizzard is never gonna nerf Terran because of those American and European fuck" - Korean Netizen
Papajan
Profile Joined August 2010
United States15 Posts
March 22 2011 17:21 GMT
#84
On March 22 2011 07:38 SolonTLG wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 22 2011 05:43 Chill wrote:
On March 22 2011 03:49 SolonTLG wrote:
On March 22 2011 02:59 Robonord wrote:

Not so good:
....
2) Caster desnycing: I know not much can be done about this but it really took away from the casts when wheat was obviously desynced from the stream cast.


I have been thinking about ways to mitigate desync issues. Obviously, the only way to truly fix the problem would be shared replays, but would take a Blizzard patch to implement.

In the meantime, here is my proposed "fix". The observer makes a separate stream that is zoomed in on the observer's game timer. The casters would then have this steam open on another window, monitor, or auxiliary laptop computer. Then it would be the casters responsibility to check that their reply is aligned with the observers game timer, and adjust appropriately.

This additional timer stream can be done on a separate (and secret) Ustream account or perhaps using video Skype. If Skype, I think the TLHQ can afford a webcam to dedicated to this purpose

I have no idea if this would actually work, but I thought I would through in my two cents.

Overall, the TSL3 has been awesome, thanks!

R1CH programmed a tool that displays everyone's current replay time. The problem is when you are lagging for whatever reason, you have to keep going Fastest, Fastest x 2 over and over to keep in sync. I was doing this for the entire broadcast on day 1. Sometimes I fell behind without noticing the timers. It's tough to stay in sync while trying to focus on what people are doing.


It is always good to know that the TLHQ is always way ahead of the everyone else!

Chill, I can sympathize with the caster's plight, and imagine how it would be hard to simultaneously talk and keep our replay synced.

However, thinking about this more (dangerous!), the tool that R1CH programmed can be improved to help the casters by minimizing the mental effort it takes to keep synced.

Two observations:
1) The absolute time of the replays do not matter, only the difference between the replay timings matters.
2) This tool can only mitigate the sync issue, not truly fix it.

Thus, the tool can be reprogrammed to show how many seconds each caster is ahead/behind the observer.

In addition, color coding can be used to give visual queues to the casters, so they don't have to do mental math while trying to talk. For instance, if the caster is more than 1 second behind the observer, then the difference clock turns red. Alternatively, if ahead, the difference clock turns yellow. However, when the caster is within 1 second (plus or minus) the difference clock is a neutral color like black, because close enough is fine for this purpose. Therefore, when the caster gets the color coded visual queue that he is out-of-sync, the resyncing process can be started and stopped using the color indicators (turning from red back to black, or yellow back to black).

Anyway, what do you all think?


If the timer is sent to the others as plain text, it should be pretty easy to auto-sync using +/-. I'd offer to write it myself, but that sounds like the type of thing that involves platform-specific APIs. (And sadly I'm only versed in platform-independent stuff)

Also note that (to be proper) you should account for the latency it takes for the obs timer to reach the casters and then the skype latency for the casters' audio to reach back to the obs.
AirbladeOrange
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2574 Posts
March 22 2011 17:32 GMT
#85
Fantastic job with everything. I was excited about the tourny and so far the production has exceeded my expectations. Thanks so much for putting this together as I'm sure it takes many hours of hard work from many different people. It all is very much appreciated.
bornfreaky
Profile Joined March 2011
Russian Federation2 Posts
March 22 2011 18:38 GMT
#86
sorry if someone already asked about it. i myself did it in another thread. anyways: Spoiler Free Vod Torrent would help so much. Should i just wait or u never-ever gonna do it?
Then i'm ******* sad panda.
Mortician
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Bulgaria2332 Posts
March 23 2011 05:42 GMT
#87
I would like to propose that future TSL maps of the ro32 be played on rigged maps that use the past patch settings, for it will not be easy for players to change their style in a week
"If anything, the skill cap in sc2 is higher [than sc1] because there are a lot more things you can do at one given time. " darmousseh
Bascule
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom1 Post
March 24 2011 03:45 GMT
#88

I really enjoy the wheat/husky commentary. I'm thoroughly enjoying TSL3 for this reason.

SonuvBob
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Aiur21552 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-24 04:59:54
March 24 2011 04:56 GMT
#89
On March 20 2011 21:29 bistri wrote:
LQ stream was really choppy, like every 30-45 seconds audio would break for a second, than come back, and picture would come back in 5-6 seconds. HQ worked great so dunno what happened there.

I watched the LQ stream all the way through; apart from dying briefly twice it was fine. So I don't know why some people had trouble with it, maybe routing issues or something with certain ustream servers.

On March 20 2011 20:51 Markus138 wrote:
I would have loved to see a studio between the matches - and if that's not possible I would prefer to jump right into the games (since they are replay casts anyway)

For me it felt a bit boring watching the stream between the games with only the possibility to watch on a static image

Buy us a studio and we'll show the shit out of it!

On March 22 2011 11:04 Hageving wrote:
The games and the commentarys are awsome so far I'll never get tired of day9

I'd like to make a request to the admin of TL's youtube account:

It would bo nice if the admin could put up a third fake anti spoiler game to every matchup. Tho I love to watch SC2 games, it's always more fun when you don't know who's gonna win the games


BIG BIG thanks to all on TL for making this tournament happen, and to the casters of course <3

Just use this, it's spoiler-free: [TSL] VOD Thread
Administrator
Superouman
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
France2195 Posts
March 26 2011 18:11 GMT
#90
About Adelscott's facts: "Plays a heavy macro style that focuses on units and upgrade"
I think someone forgot to write "gateway" before "units" because it looks right now a bit stupid to have just a macro that focuses on units. ^^
Search "[SO]" on B.net to find all my maps ||| Cloud Kingdom / Turbo Cruise '84 / Bone Temple / Eternal Empire / Zen / Purity and Industry / Golden Wall / Fortitude / Beckett Industries / Waterfall
Ephemerality
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States203 Posts
March 26 2011 20:47 GMT
#91
Husky just admitted on the stream that he cannot count. I would like to voice my outrage that such an uneducated savage was allowed to commentate the glorious TSL. I think that every commentator should from now on take a written test on Starcraft 2, Teamliquid, the Progaming scene, basic math, science, English, physics, number theory, politics, and Idra. The results should consequently be posted on TL.
FIGHT APATHY... or don't
Chriscras
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)2812 Posts
March 26 2011 20:57 GMT
#92
<3<3 Chill!
"En taro adun, Executor."
Royalal
Profile Joined February 2011
58 Posts
March 26 2011 21:36 GMT
#93
I found someone restreaming TSL3 today. Is that allowed by teamliquidnet?
garbanzo
Profile Joined October 2009
United States4046 Posts
March 26 2011 21:53 GMT
#94
Is there a reason why the supply count post-1.3 only shows one of the players?

I really like having both up at the same time. I didn't even know it was possible to only have one of the players showing.
Even during difficult times, when I sat down to play the game, there were times where it felt like god has descended down and played [for me].
Cano
Profile Joined July 2010
Poland200 Posts
March 26 2011 22:03 GMT
#95
I have no idea if it's just me but today the stream is so choppy for me that it's just unbearable for me. Artifacts, sound distortions and blackouts make me go insane. It's exactly the same on low quality so I have no idea where the problem lies. The only thing I know is that experience is completely ruined for me and it brings more stress than joy. :<

GoOdy is awesome.
SonuvBob
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Aiur21552 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-26 22:06:11
March 26 2011 22:05 GMT
#96
On March 27 2011 06:53 garbanzo wrote:
Is there a reason why the supply count post-1.3 only shows one of the players?

I really like having both up at the same time. I didn't even know it was possible to only have one of the players showing.

Apparently it's something to do with the map triggers. Some maps show both, some don't.

On March 27 2011 07:03 Cano wrote:
I have no idea if it's just me but today the stream is so choppy for me that it's just unbearable for me. Artifacts, sound distortions and blackouts make me go insane. It's exactly the same on low quality so I have no idea where the problem lies. The only thing I know is that experience is completely ruined for me and it brings more stress than joy. :<

GoOdy is awesome.

Hordes of GoOdy fans are probably using up all of Europe's bandwidth.
Administrator
Cano
Profile Joined July 2010
Poland200 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-26 22:23:45
March 26 2011 22:23 GMT
#97
On March 27 2011 07:05 SonuvBob wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 27 2011 07:03 Cano wrote:
I have no idea if it's just me but today the stream is so choppy for me that it's just unbearable for me. Artifacts, sound distortions and blackouts make me go insane. It's exactly the same on low quality so I have no idea where the problem lies. The only thing I know is that experience is completely ruined for me and it brings more stress than joy. :<

GoOdy is awesome.

Hordes of GoOdy fans are probably using up all of Europe's bandwidth.
So we're all dying here unable to enjoy TSL3 and pulling hair in despair? D:

I'm gonna watch qxc vx Genius G2 and GoOdy vs NesTea G3 anyway. :3
Put up the VODs nao!
Ungolianth
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany8 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-26 22:30:42
March 26 2011 22:30 GMT
#98
Something i noticedin todays last match: I believe you're using different maps (esp. regarding Shakuras Plateau).

I'm pretty sure, the Nestea-Goody Match was located on the new Blizzard Shakuras (from Patch 1.3), while the Naniwa-Ret Match was on the old (MLG?) Shakuras Plateau...

I'll check it again, when the VODs are available, but I'm pretty confident I'm right....
SonuvBob
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Aiur21552 Posts
March 26 2011 22:39 GMT
#99
On March 27 2011 07:23 Cano wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 27 2011 07:05 SonuvBob wrote:
On March 27 2011 07:03 Cano wrote:
I have no idea if it's just me but today the stream is so choppy for me that it's just unbearable for me. Artifacts, sound distortions and blackouts make me go insane. It's exactly the same on low quality so I have no idea where the problem lies. The only thing I know is that experience is completely ruined for me and it brings more stress than joy. :<

GoOdy is awesome.

Hordes of GoOdy fans are probably using up all of Europe's bandwidth.
So we're all dying here unable to enjoy TSL3 and pulling hair in despair? D:

I'm gonna watch qxc vx Genius G2 and GoOdy vs NesTea G3 anyway. :3
Put up the VODs nao!

VODs take a while to split and process, but they're usually all up within 10-12 hours.
Administrator
Bellygareth
Profile Joined October 2010
France512 Posts
March 26 2011 22:46 GMT
#100
The music sound at the start is really really high compared to the actual casting. Could you reduce it if possible in order to have an harmonized sound volume?
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 15m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech86
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 380
Hyuk 235
Leta 90
910 81
Mong 67
Shinee 65
soO 57
Mind 44
HiyA 43
PianO 43
[ Show more ]
Killer 32
ToSsGirL 28
Aegong 28
ZerO 26
Bale 23
sorry 16
EffOrt 15
ZergMaN 14
Dota 2
XcaliburYe71
League of Legends
JimRising 432
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss437
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King194
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1640
Other Games
summit1g8254
olofmeister1290
singsing633
ceh9534
Happy284
crisheroes270
ArmadaUGS111
Livibee101
ZerO(Twitch)5
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick541
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream251
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH194
• LUISG 27
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2274
League of Legends
• Rush1526
• Jankos1310
• Stunt535
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
1h 15m
OSC
4h 15m
Stellar Fest
4h 15m
OSC
15h 15m
Stellar Fest
1d 4h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.