• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:45
CEST 10:45
KST 17:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)31Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8349 users

[TSL] Feedback - Page 2

Forum Index > PokerStrategy.com TSL3 Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Jotoco
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil1342 Posts
March 20 2011 21:45 GMT
#21
Please, provide a NON-ustream stream. Because there are many people who can't watch then.

Since there is no sponsorship I don't think it would harm anyone? It would bring some people to the streams.
Papajan
Profile Joined August 2010
United States15 Posts
March 20 2011 21:47 GMT
#22
The obs today was great. It was a real shame the casters didn't seem to be in sync with the obs as much, like Ciara's mis-rallied drones or again with WhiteRa I think. On the other side of things, it would've been nice to check on the income tab periodically (I think later games did this). Anyway, great job guys!
vindKtiv
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States215 Posts
March 20 2011 21:59 GMT
#23
On March 21 2011 02:24 Kettchup wrote:
Just thought I would echo the problem with the LQ stream. Every few minutes (or less) the video would freeze for a good 20-30 seconds with the audio continuing, and seemed to always occur just before a large battle. :/

I'm assuming the problem is on Ustream's side, as I was able to switch over to the j.tv tournament which was occurring simultaneously, with both their streams and Khaldor's own3d stream working perfectly.

Otherwise, everything has been great. Hopefully I'll be able to watch it live today, as it's a lot more enjoyable that way.

I also want to reiterate the problem with the LQ stream. My experience hasn't been all bad though as there are some intervals the stream goes without a hitch, but some times the video would become real choppy to the point that watching the 720P stream would be better despite the fact that my 1.5mbits/s isn't enough for continual streaming of the HQ stream. This problem was also apparent (but less so, probably due to less viewers) during the TLOpens, where at some random intervals the LQ stream would become nearly unwatchable do the the choppiness.

I wouldn't say the problem was with UStream, as the HQ stream seems to be working fine allowing me to get up to my maximum download speed.
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
March 20 2011 22:13 GMT
#24
On March 21 2011 03:49 Aquafresh wrote:
Who is observing? Hot_Bid? intrigue? I don't really have any complaints or anything I just wanted to say they are doing really well. Dedicated observers should be the standard in future foreign tournaments IMO. So many advantages and no real disadvantages provided the casters are comfortable with it and the observer is good.

I am observing! Thanks for the nice comments.

I know that there were some weird issues when I was moving the camera around when theres big battles so in the future I'll try to keep the screen steady.
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
Leviance
Profile Joined November 2009
Germany4079 Posts
March 20 2011 22:19 GMT
#25
So the second day is over and there were neither cheerfuls on the stream nor a short statement in this thread regarding this issue
"Blizzard is never gonna nerf Terran because of those American and European fuck" - Korean Netizen
KiNGxXx
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
7928 Posts
March 20 2011 22:27 GMT
#26
The only thing I didn't like is the Ustream logo which covered the food count. But I don't know if you can do something about it. Well, that's it. :D
MKP|Maru|TaeJa|Mvp|Polt|INnoVation|GuMiho|Bomber|GoOdy|TeamTerran
RevRich
Profile Joined February 2011
United States218 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-20 22:34:31
March 20 2011 22:33 GMT
#27
Overall a great experience, the following thoughts are more nit-picking than anything else.

Husky + DJwheat seemed to be an odd pairing. One analyst (day9/chill/artosis) and one play by play (djwheat/husky/tasteless) seems to be better.

Ensure that the casters are in-sync and on time with their replays. Wheat was behind quite a bit today on some of the matches.

Thanks liquid for the quality entertainment!
robih
Profile Joined September 2010
Austria1086 Posts
March 20 2011 22:41 GMT
#28
what i personally disliked:

- casters out of sync
- americans seem to be exaggerating and acting overly excited way too much. feels totally unreal at times
- too much talk between games considering the fact it's replaycasting

those are just very minor things, other than that it's totally awesome
Aurdon
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2007 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-20 22:46:16
March 20 2011 22:45 GMT
#29
Whoever is doing the production is really awesome. The sound, graphics, bump-ins, just everything is top notch and smooth. They really need to get some above and beyond recognition for that. It really sets a standard for other tournaments for filling in time when the game is not in progress.

Scorch
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Austria3371 Posts
March 20 2011 22:50 GMT
#30
Hot_Bid, your observing is great. Do you watch the games beforehand so you don't miss anything?
Now for some suggestions after watching today's stream:

- Is it possible to have the commentators see what the stream shows? On multiple occasions they were talking about things off screen, missed drops etc. The observer showed where the action was and bravely pointed out important things with the mouse cursor, but the commentators couldn't see it. Perhaps pre-record a video of the observing and have the commentators watch and cast that?

- The video encoding doesn't seem to like scrolling when there's a lot going on. Please try to move the camera less during battles, or perhaps see if you can find better encoder settings.

- Unless the situation calls for different information or the casters are talking about a specific statistic, I'd prefer showing the production tab most of the time. It gives information on what direction the game is taking ahead of time and often reveals things which would otherwise not be shown on screen, most importantly the progress of upgrades. The observer tried to point out some things with his choice of tab, but since the casters kept talking about other things, that made little sense.

- DJWheat and Husky are both casters with more entertainment value than game knowledge. They should be paired with an analytical caster like Day[9], Chill or Artosis, but not with each other.

Big props for production values and stream quality, other events could learn a lot from TSL.
bLooD.
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany470 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-20 23:02:39
March 20 2011 23:01 GMT
#31
First of all i´ve gotta thanks you guys for doing all this. I really enjoyed my first two days of TSL.
The observing is great. The Commentating was great. The Games were exciting. All in all an awesome event so far.

But, sadly not everyone could enjoy the LQ stream so far. I´ve seen quite a lot of people complaining about lags in the LQ stream. I had lags as well from time to time. But they were coming and going.
I know its probably not a problem on your side. But you could consider to put up a re-stream thats not on ustream, for the people who cant watch it on ustream.

Anyway thanks alot guys.
cant wait to see more TSL.
I_Love_Bacon
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States5765 Posts
March 20 2011 23:07 GMT
#32
My only complaint is to have more graphics available as filler in between games. When the casters are talking for 10 minutes with the same picture of either their heads or the two player's head it gets a little meh. Not saying you need something ridiculous, but a couple of pictures to fade through or something wouldn't hurt.

Other than that, production, games, casting etc... has all been fantastic.
" i havent been playin sc2 but i woke up w/ a boner and i really had to pee... and my crisis management and micro was really something to behold. it inspired me to play some games today" -Liquid'Tyler
gogogadgetflow
Profile Joined March 2010
United States2583 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-20 23:19:41
March 20 2011 23:18 GMT
#33
Hey guys excellent production so far

Am I the only one wondering if I'm missing something during the 1-2 minute breaks when absolutely nothing is happening onscreen. At one point chill called it a "commercial break." He was joking? Am I dumb?

Also, I won't rank casters in order of performance, but I want to congratulate Day9 and Husky both for rising to the occasion and really bringing their A game this TSL. I have never heard either of these two guys give a better cast (excluding live games obviously) and that is saying quite a lot isn't it.

Just to provide a differing opinion from what I've read above, I do think Husky's game knowledge is sufficient to carry a casting duo. It's actually quite good. I just don't feel the need for the real heavy analytical stuff Day9 or Artosis sometimes provide.

Keep up the good work guys.

Edit: I almost forgot, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR USING USTREAM. If this were on Justin it would be a nightmare for me. Thank you!
motbob
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States12546 Posts
March 20 2011 23:36 GMT
#34
On March 21 2011 08:18 gogogadgetflow wrote:
Hey guys excellent production so far

Am I the only one wondering if I'm missing something during the 1-2 minute breaks when absolutely nothing is happening onscreen. At one point chill called it a "commercial break." He was joking? Am I dumb?

You are probably using adblock.
ModeratorGood content always wins.
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
March 21 2011 00:03 GMT
#35
On March 21 2011 08:36 motbob wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2011 08:18 gogogadgetflow wrote:
Hey guys excellent production so far

Am I the only one wondering if I'm missing something during the 1-2 minute breaks when absolutely nothing is happening onscreen. At one point chill called it a "commercial break." He was joking? Am I dumb?

You are probably using adblock.

If we're using adblock, does TL get the revenue from my view? Ustream is permanently adblocked, but I'll take that off for TSL ^^
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
fabiano
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Brazil4644 Posts
March 21 2011 00:08 GMT
#36
On March 21 2011 08:36 motbob wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2011 08:18 gogogadgetflow wrote:
Hey guys excellent production so far

Am I the only one wondering if I'm missing something during the 1-2 minute breaks when absolutely nothing is happening onscreen. At one point chill called it a "commercial break." He was joking? Am I dumb?

You are probably using adblock.


Hmm, I'm not using ad block and nothing actually happens in the commercial break.

Maybe its something to do with the country you live in?
"When the geyser died, a probe came out" - SirJolt
Authweight
Profile Joined May 2010
United States304 Posts
March 21 2011 00:50 GMT
#37
On March 21 2011 09:08 fabiano wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2011 08:36 motbob wrote:
On March 21 2011 08:18 gogogadgetflow wrote:
Hey guys excellent production so far

Am I the only one wondering if I'm missing something during the 1-2 minute breaks when absolutely nothing is happening onscreen. At one point chill called it a "commercial break." He was joking? Am I dumb?

You are probably using adblock.


Hmm, I'm not using ad block and nothing actually happens in the commercial break.

Maybe its something to do with the country you live in?


I just have a giant Netflix ad blank out the screen and just kinda sit there. Can't you take a clue from MLG and run the same Hot Pockets commercial 60,000 times instead?
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
March 21 2011 00:59 GMT
#38
On March 21 2011 07:50 Scorch wrote:
Hot_Bid, your observing is great. Do you watch the games beforehand so you don't miss anything?

Some of the games I've seen beforehand since we referee some of the games from the HQ. But for most of them no, I don't watch them beforehand. I guess I could since that would make it easier not to miss anything.

Now for some suggestions after watching today's stream:

- Is it possible to have the commentators see what the stream shows? On multiple occasions they were talking about things off screen, missed drops etc. The observer showed where the action was and bravely pointed out important things with the mouse cursor, but the commentators couldn't see it. Perhaps pre-record a video of the observing and have the commentators watch and cast that?

I don't think this is technically possible.

- The video encoding doesn't seem to like scrolling when there's a lot going on. Please try to move the camera less during battles, or perhaps see if you can find better encoder settings.

Yeah gonna do this next time.

- Unless the situation calls for different information or the casters are talking about a specific statistic, I'd prefer showing the production tab most of the time. It gives information on what direction the game is taking ahead of time and often reveals things which would otherwise not be shown on screen, most importantly the progress of upgrades. The observer tried to point out some things with his choice of tab, but since the casters kept talking about other things, that made little sense.

Sure.

- DJWheat and Husky are both casters with more entertainment value than game knowledge. They should be paired with an analytical caster like Day[9], Chill or Artosis, but not with each other.

We're doing all possible caster combinations. I think it today's cast was fine.
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
DiaBoLuS
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany1638 Posts
March 21 2011 01:18 GMT
#39
i personally do not like when casters are cheering too much for one player.

like in hasuobs vs huk i was like "wtf" when husky said:
"you could clearly see that huk is the better player".

Something like that shouldnt be said on stream, might it be right or wrong.
European Ranking: http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=182293
RodrigoX
Profile Joined November 2009
United States645 Posts
March 21 2011 01:23 GMT
#40
First let me say the TSL is most well done tournament in all of creation. I really can't even say the superbowl is done better than the TSL.

But as to my feedback, I think that the commentating duo for sunday was a bad mix. DJ and Husky were enjoyable and they worked fine together, but I think it would behoove TL to always have a mix of a commentator being able to do the play by play and then have the technical commentator. Maybe it is just one of those things that can't be helped but I felt like the commentators were definitely not able to pick up on a lot of the deep strategy going on.

An example of this would be they really did not understand (spoiler) the urgency of games like JInro vs Morrow of him needing to build bunkers or more of a wall in game 3 after the initial bust, or in g3 of huk vs hasu of if the pylon went up it was game over.

Maybe Day9 or Chill wouldnt have said that or it was a commentating choice not to say those, but I think you noticed as well what I mean.

Thanks anyway and TSL is the most amazing thing ever made ever.
We were all raised on televion that made us believe we'd all be Millionairs, Movie gods, and Rockstars..... But we won't.... We are slowly learning that fact. And we are very, very pissed off.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 16m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech86
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 380
Hyuk 235
Leta 90
910 81
Mong 67
Shinee 65
soO 57
Mind 44
HiyA 43
PianO 43
[ Show more ]
Killer 32
ToSsGirL 28
Aegong 28
ZerO 26
Bale 23
sorry 16
EffOrt 15
ZergMaN 14
Dota 2
XcaliburYe55
League of Legends
JimRising 432
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss449
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King194
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1640
Other Games
summit1g8254
olofmeister1290
singsing633
ceh9534
Happy284
crisheroes280
ArmadaUGS116
Livibee101
ZerO(Twitch)5
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick563
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream270
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH194
• LUISG 27
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2274
League of Legends
• Rush1674
• Jankos1310
• Stunt535
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
1h 16m
OSC
4h 16m
Stellar Fest
4h 16m
OSC
15h 16m
Stellar Fest
1d 4h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.