• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:45
CEST 10:45
KST 17:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)31Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8400 users

[TSL] Feedback - Page 8

Forum Index > PokerStrategy.com TSL3 Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 All
hifriend
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
China7935 Posts
April 24 2011 00:59 GMT
#141
On April 21 2011 02:11 Chill wrote:
I would love some more feedback on casting, even small things you like / dislike. Feel free to PM me if you don't want to make it public.

Thanks.

The only thing I can think of is, please please do the finals or at least semi's as the chilltosis duo. Your casting is simply off the hook.
F u r u y a
Profile Joined August 2010
Brazil173 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-24 11:15:10
April 24 2011 09:45 GMT
#142
I think Chill's sound is peaking way too much sometimes. Possible solutions: apply some kind of normalization, speak farther from the mic, shout a bit less during the battles.

I know I should use headphones when watching those casts in the morning, but this time my father even waked up and kindly asked me to turn the volume down (after those peaks) lol. By the way, this time his voice even echo'ed at some points.
DailYLeet
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany827 Posts
April 24 2011 09:49 GMT
#143
what i really liked on the Chill and Artosis duo was, that they didnt talk so much between the matches. They just sayed the most important things and went straight into the next game and did a nice commentary. Thanks for that
"King Goody spoke - you have to treat his words like gold , he is the wisest man , who ever crossed the EU server" - Cloud
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
May 03 2011 14:53 GMT
#144
On April 24 2011 18:45 F u r u y a wrote:
I think Chill's sound is peaking way too much sometimes. Possible solutions: apply some kind of normalization, speak farther from the mic, shout a bit less during the battles.

I know I should use headphones when watching those casts in the morning, but this time my father even waked up and kindly asked me to turn the volume down (after those peaks) lol. By the way, this time his voice even echo'ed at some points.

DJWheat told me I was stupid to think Gain and Volume were the same, so I tweeked my sound. Hopefully it sounds better this week. If not, please let me know and I'll have it sorted by the finals.
Moderator
Mateo0
Profile Joined August 2010
France112 Posts
May 08 2011 01:27 GMT
#145
Chill I really enjoy your casting. I like your voice and your commentary is great. If you fix the sound as said above that would be perfect =) keep it on!


(PS: I have to say I'm french and your english is so smooth I get everything, that's an important point =) (I have trouble with NASL casters, not with you/ day9)
m4553 always in my heart.
theqat
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States2856 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-08 19:28:27
May 08 2011 19:24 GMT
#146
It's a bit late to adjust this for TSL3, but hopefully the standard can be changed for TSL4: there is wayyy too much talking between games. I'm pretty sure the break between Hasu/Nani games 3 and 4 was longer than game 3 itself. That's really unnecessary. I sit down to these events to watch games, not listen to people talk while nothing happens on screen :\
L3g3nd_
Profile Joined July 2010
New Zealand10461 Posts
May 09 2011 05:51 GMT
#147
TL rules! best league avaliable atm everythings so good. Only thing is i think the intro's could have been a bit more.. i dunno. they were REALLY cool and REALLY well done. I just woulda prefereed a song i think, like TSL1. TSL1 has the best intro so far imo
https://twitter.com/#!/IrisAnother
Techno
Profile Joined June 2010
1900 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-09 18:00:57
May 09 2011 18:00 GMT
#148
The results needs updating and the schedule should have more information like who's playing, in a best of what, and what maps, perhaps in a "spoiler-friendly" drop down box.
Hell, its awesome to LOSE to nukes!
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
May 09 2011 18:04 GMT
#149
On May 08 2011 10:27 Mateo0 wrote:
Chill I really enjoy your casting. I like your voice and your commentary is great. If you fix the sound as said above that would be perfect =) keep it on!


(PS: I have to say I'm french and your english is so smooth I get everything, that's an important point =) (I have trouble with NASL casters, not with you/ day9)

I don't know why people keep saying my sound is terrible I'd really like some help fixing it in any way. Before the broadcast everyone says it's fine, then we go live and all the comments are how my sound is garbage
Moderator
drdreggor
Profile Joined March 2011
Sweden207 Posts
May 09 2011 18:54 GMT
#150
On May 09 2011 04:24 theqat wrote:
It's a bit late to adjust this for TSL3, but hopefully the standard can be changed for TSL4: there is wayyy too much talking between games. I'm pretty sure the break between Hasu/Nani games 3 and 4 was longer than game 3 itself. That's really unnecessary. I sit down to these events to watch games, not listen to people talk while nothing happens on screen :\


I agree with you on this one. The talking combined with the lack of action on the screen gets old.

I wouldn't mind the talking though if you put some kind of animation in there, some kind of movement (perhaps cheerful slideshow! =D), a recap on the best replay moments from the previous game etc.

Otherwise I'm very pleased with the TSL.
Wake up Mr. Freeman, wake up and smell the ashes.
Sanix
Profile Joined April 2011
Switzerland37 Posts
May 09 2011 20:01 GMT
#151
Generally I think you are doing a great job. The talking before and in between is too long though as mentioned before.
Schnake
Profile Joined September 2003
Germany2819 Posts
May 09 2011 20:08 GMT
#152
On May 10 2011 03:04 Chill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 08 2011 10:27 Mateo0 wrote:
Chill I really enjoy your casting. I like your voice and your commentary is great. If you fix the sound as said above that would be perfect =) keep it on!


(PS: I have to say I'm french and your english is so smooth I get everything, that's an important point =) (I have trouble with NASL casters, not with you/ day9)

I don't know why people keep saying my sound is terrible I'd really like some help fixing it in any way. Before the broadcast everyone says it's fine, then we go live and all the comments are how my sound is garbage

Dear Chill, I also love your casting and I am always looking forward to the TSL because I know you will be casting it. I especially like the mix of analysis and enthusiasm in tense situations you bring to the table. By the way, I think the sound is mostly fine. Anyway, maybe it is an issue with your mic and you need a pop filter or a better mic? I am not very sure though.
"Alán Shore" and "August Terran" @ LoL EUW - liquidparty
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
May 09 2011 20:52 GMT
#153
I bought a pop filter but people still complain!
Moderator
Airship
Profile Joined August 2010
United States465 Posts
May 09 2011 22:00 GMT
#154
I think the TSL3 has been great. I echo the caster mic quality observations, but it's a small gripe. If I may, i'd like to jokingly suggest all protoss get seeded apart from each other in future events so that we can hopefully minimise the number of PvP series'. (seriously though, what do you think?)
Teoita
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Italy12248 Posts
May 15 2011 20:55 GMT
#155
Here's my feedback: i have been following sc2 for about 8 months now, and TSL has been the most exciting, best organized tournament i have ever seen. It's been incredibly epic from the 20 kill zealot of Tyler vs Strelok to Thorzain's EMP's. It's been an amazing ride, and im already super excited about TSL 4. See you next year!
ModeratorProtoss all-ins are like a wok. You can throw whatever you want in there and it will turn out alright.
Prev 1 6 7 8 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 15m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech86
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 380
Hyuk 235
Leta 90
910 81
Mong 67
Shinee 65
soO 57
Mind 44
HiyA 43
PianO 43
[ Show more ]
Killer 32
ToSsGirL 28
Aegong 28
ZerO 26
Bale 23
sorry 16
EffOrt 15
ZergMaN 14
Dota 2
XcaliburYe71
League of Legends
JimRising 432
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss437
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King194
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1640
Other Games
summit1g8254
olofmeister1290
singsing633
ceh9534
Happy284
crisheroes270
ArmadaUGS111
Livibee101
ZerO(Twitch)5
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick541
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream251
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH194
• LUISG 27
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2274
League of Legends
• Rush1526
• Jankos1310
• Stunt535
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
1h 15m
OSC
4h 15m
Stellar Fest
4h 15m
OSC
15h 15m
Stellar Fest
1d 4h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.