• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:45
CEST 10:45
KST 17:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)31Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8400 users

[TSL] Feedback - Page 7

Forum Index > PokerStrategy.com TSL3 Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 Next All
Cano
Profile Joined July 2010
Poland200 Posts
March 27 2011 20:33 GMT
#121
I'd just like to tell that today, for some reason, everything is going nice and smoothly.
heaven-
Profile Joined February 2010
United States361 Posts
March 27 2011 21:50 GMT
#122
Yeah for sure best tournament in sc2 to date.
The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking places.
Daudr
Profile Joined November 2009
Sweden275 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-28 00:10:30
March 27 2011 23:54 GMT
#123
I just have to say, the observer is by far the best I've seen in SC2 to date. Always showing important and relevant info and being where the action is. Keep it up!

Casters have been great so far as well, bigtime fan of djWHEAT and DAy9 since before, Chill is really cool (lol no pun intended) and Husky has really grown on me.

TSL's are always a blast and this is already looking to surpass the previous ones (which were AWESOME) to me.
☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
vx70GTOJudgexv
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States3161 Posts
March 28 2011 01:50 GMT
#124
On March 22 2011 11:34 Kennigit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 22 2011 09:09 Kewlots wrote:
1. There's no epic intro that shows all the players and there names like the other tsl so I didn't get as excited

It's only ro32


OMG YESSSSSS
(-_-) BW for ever. #1 Iris fan.
ALPINA
Profile Joined May 2010
3791 Posts
March 28 2011 06:43 GMT
#125
Hot Bid doing great job observing but I personally don't like how he always tries to point things with cursor like supply count or worker count. I understand why he is doing that but I think most people can see that themselfs without pointing
You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity
vx70GTOJudgexv
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States3161 Posts
March 28 2011 19:38 GMT
#126
Was there a hype poster for D4? They've all be sick so far, I've got a mini collection saved on my HDD.
(-_-) BW for ever. #1 Iris fan.
Deleted User 137586
Profile Joined January 2011
7859 Posts
March 29 2011 14:25 GMT
#127
As suggested by Chill, reposting [N?]eoLithic's thread post here.

On March 27 2011 08:03 eoLithic wrote:
Tonight I watched TSL3, as most of the people that will read this post did.

I was especially looking forward to tonights' games beacuse Chill, a commentator I love was going to commentate. He is not afraid to say his opinion about players and their playstyle, and he gives credit where credit is due.

Also, the matches. Three of the finest koreans(mvp, genius and nestea) was facing three of the finest foreigners.

Now I was cheering for the koreans, as I always do, and having watched most of the "koreans vs. foreigners" tournaments since beta, I did expect alot of conclusion being made as far as the legendairy "skill gap" goes, but boy was I suprised.

Without making any statements about the situation in the BW seen vs. the current SC2 scene, I know that the gap in BW has always been huge and that now with SC2 being a fairly new game, foreigners are doing pretty well.

I also understand and have to agree with people getting excited and emotional when foreigners happens to take matches of koreans, but what I watched tonight(TSL3), took this to a new level.

The skill gap seemed to dissapear after an hour of Chill talking exclusively about how the foreigners are finally almost, if not as good as the koreans. Every single move, every single engagement, every single match and the reflections made based on the outcome was focuced on the korean players nationality.

It was so obvious and eventually took over almost all the commentating, from Chills side that is and ended up coming off a little unproffesional for me.

Husky was somewhat keeping his cool and commentating the games and Chill was still doing awesome analyzis and all, but at one points nothing could go by without something being said about the "korea vs. the rest" topic.

I mean arn`t commentators meant to cast the game between to proffesional players that is undeniably extremely skilled at a game and to some extend put aside their nationality/background?

If we look at a couple of statements I presume is correct:

- The foreigners probably practiced harder than ever before
- The foreigners has so much info to work with concerning the koreans playstyle

- Without knowing too much about their preperation, I do not think the koreans prepared alot specifically for this tournament


Now, the foreigners played great do not get me wrong and so did the koreans, but there were no mercy for the koreans what so ever and the commentators, especially Chill made huge assumptions after every single engagement and/or match concerning the skill gap betweem the scenes being crushed.

IdrA, Jinro, MorroW has lost games to way lesser players countless of times, yet we don`t jump yo conclusions about the lesser player catching up skill-wise, beacuse let`s face it; anyone can have a bad day or get unlucky positions, die to a suprising timing-push or something similar.

What I`m trying to say here is that tonight, without trying to target Chill in any negative way concerning his casting or him in genereal, he made me feel like I was watching a series of games where the main focuse was to emberass the koreans.

This may seem abit too harsh, but I found it quite unproffesional actually to make the conclusion(s) Chill did.

Now I love Chill and that may be the reason why I am abit dissapointed in tonights commentating. He commentated extremely well, but the koreans vs. foreigners thing was abit too much.

Just commentate the game as what it is, a game between to proffesional players that represents themselves as players and should be treated as such when being commentated.

Loving TSL3 so far, but would appreciate future casters to maybe tone the war between scenes abit down^^

This goes for alot of other tournaments and casters ofc. The TSL3 tonight was just the example of my choice. No offence intended to Chill or the TSL tournament in general. Keep up the good work!

cheers for reading.

EDIT: I am in no way offended by the commentating. It simply took a huge bite out of what should have been proffesional commentating of the games.

It made it sound unproffesional to me.

Cry 'havoc' and let slip the dogs of war
Daimai
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Sweden762 Posts
April 10 2011 19:36 GMT
#128
I think the commentators could practice speaking more in turns instead of speaking for 3 minutes each, and perhaps making a few jokes in slow moments like tastosis (though it can be hard to have a casual conversation if you don't know each other very well).

I think hot_bid is a really good observer aswell, whatever you do, do not let him go!

Thank you for bringing a high quality, free tournament to us. Teamliquid is great
To pray is to accept defeat.
loveeholicce
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Korea (South)785 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-10 20:36:55
April 10 2011 20:34 GMT
#129
I really dislike husky as a caster. Most immediate problem is he talks for so long and ends up overshadowing the other caster. It was a big problem when he was casting 2 weeks ago with wheat and still a problem today with chill.

Also his game knowledge isn't really up to par.

Finally, I find he often ends up making stupid statements that give too much credit or overhype unremarkable things. "Good macro by adelscott" as he climbs to 1k minerals. "Doing so well to micro his units back" as the terran player selects his army and clicks move back to base. It's fine on his youtube channel cause he makes a silyl statement or says something wrong and you're like "well w/e" but the TSL is a different atmosphere and should hold different standards.

Just my 2 cent. I'd rather have any combination of chill / djwheat / day9
상처받은 그대에 가슴에 사랑을 심어줄께요♥
Adebisi
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada1637 Posts
April 10 2011 20:45 GMT
#130
Loving everything as always especially HotBid's camera control, but I do wish he'd leave the production tab on more, the resource tab is completely useless (cloned info in top right) and I really don't think its ever worth dropping to no tabs for the additional real estate, as a player who really likes to study build orders and such, seeing the production tab helps a lot.

<3
Schnake
Profile Joined September 2003
Germany2819 Posts
April 10 2011 20:51 GMT
#131
Hot_Bids observer skills are really amazing, getting all the important stuff! Is he watching the replay beforehand to determine important scenes?

The fail on Ustreams side that the quality drops to mere pixels during big battles is annoying me greatly but I know you guys are already aware of this issue. Also, the "click esc to minimize" doesn't really disappear and sits in the upper left corner when watching full screen, Maybe this only happens to me though.
"Alán Shore" and "August Terran" @ LoL EUW - liquidparty
Frankon
Profile Joined May 2010
3054 Posts
April 10 2011 21:39 GMT
#132
A few things that can improve the production:
1) Before the match we could get a clip of TSL best moments of the players (max 2 minute) with footage from previous rounds.
Example: Next week we get Sen vs Boxer. So we get two movies showcasting best plays of Ro32 by Sen and then by Boxer.
When we get to Ro8 we would get before Thorzain - Mc a best moments for them from Ro32 and Ro16. And so on (I really liked it in GOM - if its good why no copy the idea)

2) During the break between games in a set we always get the same image. I think it would be good to show who win the previous maps
Example:
[image loading]

3) Hot_Bid i wish you would hide the UI during the big fights.
Full.tilt
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United Kingdom1709 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-17 16:44:59
April 17 2011 16:41 GMT
#133
DJWheat is the perfect host for esports and the energy and excitement that Day[9] and Husky bring to the casts is excellent. Really enjoy these 2 pairings. In the past I've said I just want to see good games and that's all that matters but having casters of such quality (regardless of the whole analytical vs play by play arguments) really brings the whole product to an amazingly high level that just about sets the bar for any tournament coverage.

Love Tastosis and all but I think the above pairings really give them a run for their money imo.

(although DJwheat opening with his customary catchphrase was not that suitable when a lot of talk has been about bringing esports to a wider audience, not a prude or anything, just saying. It's perfect for his 'basement' shows I just feel TSL is more mainstream.)
darmousseh
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3437 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-19 18:58:29
April 19 2011 18:54 GMT
#134
I love the casting it's amazing, the only thing I have to be critical of is DjWheat just a little. Every single game he talks like the zerg is a victim fighting against the evil protoss and terran. Day9 is really great about carefully wording it so he doesn't favor one race over another, but Dj is really biased for zerg. When I watch July or Sen, they don't think they are the underdogs ever, they come to dominate their opponent, but in the match sen vs boxer especially, djwheat kept saying how it's difficult for a zerg in their position without really understanding the style that sen likes to play is different than say idra or nestea. Artosis used to be the same way, but then he switched to protoss and he really understands both sides of the equation now and it reflects in his casting.
That's my 5 cents, my other 95 cents are "OMG you guys are awesome, keep it up".

My favorite pairing is definitely day9 and chill.

Edit; Just realized no more zerg in the tournament, nvm then.
Developer for http://mtgfiddle.com
Papajan
Profile Joined August 2010
United States15 Posts
April 19 2011 19:42 GMT
#135
I'm the opposite - I really like that djwheat has a race that he sticks to and roots for. When he's casting it brings a more personal experience to the games. I really wish there were a terran caster - djwheat/trump would be a sweet pair for TvZ. djwheat/chill was my favorite pair so far.
hifriend
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
China7935 Posts
April 20 2011 00:45 GMT
#136
On April 11 2011 06:39 Frankon wrote:
3) Hot_Bid i wish you would hide the UI during the big fights.

I really disagree with this. I think it's vital that the minimap and preferably production tab is visible at all times, but especially during battles. Even jedi ninja pro obs hot_bid misses simultaneous engagements/drops from time to time, and hiding ui would make his job harder and prevent the spectators from catching that small fraction of events he happens to miss!
zwitter
Profile Joined July 2008
United States6 Posts
April 20 2011 16:42 GMT
#137
Production, casters, hype, etc... all elements are off the hook good. So there's my main comment. Keep up the good work.

One minuscule gripe, that isn't actually a gripe-- just a difference of opinion with Wheat-- just watched the Boxer/Sen series (away over the weekend)-- seriously Wheat, comparing Boxer to Johnny from the Karate Kid?!

I suppose in play style for those games, where Boxer was the aggressor and Sen was looking for that one crane kick momentum swing... I suppose. But Boxer as villain? Boxer as favorite?

Total lack of connection with the history of e-sports. Old veteran (and definite underdog in that match) trying to hold on and regain some of the magic (which he did, showing some innovative t vs z) seems more fitting.
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
April 20 2011 17:11 GMT
#138
I would love some more feedback on casting, even small things you like / dislike. Feel free to PM me if you don't want to make it public.

Thanks.
Moderator
Nuublet
Profile Joined February 2010
Sweden130 Posts
April 23 2011 22:09 GMT
#139
I think both you and Artosis where great tonight man. I really wish Artosis could be brought in more as we come close to the end of this TSL.
Pyrthas
Profile Joined March 2007
United States3196 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-23 22:15:50
April 23 2011 22:14 GMT
#140
On April 20 2011 09:45 hifriend wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2011 06:39 Frankon wrote:
3) Hot_Bid i wish you would hide the UI during the big fights.

I really disagree with this. I think it's vital that the minimap and preferably production tab is visible at all times, but especially during battles.

Yeah, totally agree with this. Visible ui for life!

Edit: Also, great to get the Chill/Artosis pair briefly reunited! But maybe that's just because Chill's my favorite caster, I dunno.
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 15m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech86
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 380
Hyuk 235
Leta 90
910 81
Mong 67
Shinee 65
soO 57
Mind 44
HiyA 43
PianO 43
[ Show more ]
Killer 32
ToSsGirL 28
Aegong 28
ZerO 26
Bale 23
sorry 16
EffOrt 15
ZergMaN 14
Dota 2
XcaliburYe71
League of Legends
JimRising 432
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss437
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King194
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1640
Other Games
summit1g8254
olofmeister1290
singsing633
ceh9534
Happy284
crisheroes270
ArmadaUGS111
Livibee101
ZerO(Twitch)5
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick541
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream251
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH194
• LUISG 27
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2274
League of Legends
• Rush1526
• Jankos1310
• Stunt535
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
1h 15m
OSC
4h 15m
Stellar Fest
4h 15m
OSC
15h 15m
Stellar Fest
1d 4h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.