• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:45
CEST 10:45
KST 17:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)31Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8400 users

[TSL] Feedback - Page 3

Forum Index > PokerStrategy.com TSL3 Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
March 21 2011 01:37 GMT
#41
Why is there no recommended games subsection on the LR OP? Is there any particular reason why? Really that's my only complaint(and a somewhat minor one at that.) For many of us who simply don't have the time to watch all 12 or so games every single day(on the weekend at least), we really need to know what we should watch and what we can skip. While ideally we would like to watch them all, having a recommended games poll is really a great way to solve those problems.

Other than that, I really don't have any complaints. The obsing is great, the casting is great, the games are decent from what I've seen. Overall this is one of the highest production tournaments I have ever seen and I am eagerly awaiting next weekend!
EvolPenguin
Profile Joined June 2010
United States73 Posts
March 21 2011 01:55 GMT
#42
The replay syncing was pretty impressive, obviously not perfect but good job nonetheless! I'm curious how you guys pulled it off.
Also, if you keep it on ustream, could you petition them to move their logo to the other side? I think they are willing to do so.
kagemucha
Profile Joined August 2010
United States326 Posts
March 21 2011 02:02 GMT
#43
I want a Recommended section too. Found the Boxer/Nightend games pretty boring TBH (watching the VODs)
ZasZ.
Profile Joined May 2010
United States2911 Posts
March 21 2011 07:06 GMT
#44
Fantastic tournament so far guys!

My only complaint, while it's been mentioned already and I'm not sure if there's actually anything you can do about it, is the audio not being synced on the VODs. On some of them (WhiteRa/Loner being a good example) the delay gets upwards of 5 seconds as the game goes on which makes it hard to follow the commentary since Hot_Bid sees it and points it out on screen a good few seconds before Husky/Wheat can get around to talking about it.

But great production so far and amazing games! They'll just get better and better!
Jacuzzi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States528 Posts
March 21 2011 07:52 GMT
#45
I just want to say I LOVE the sketches of the players as well as the introduction video/music before each match begins. I really hope you can guys can get something even cooler for semifinals/finals.
Doraemon
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Australia14949 Posts
March 21 2011 08:34 GMT
#46
i would love to know how the player portraits got converted into pencil sketches.
Do yourself a favour and just STFU
Bloodash
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands1384 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-21 08:59:44
March 21 2011 08:58 GMT
#47
On March 21 2011 17:34 Doraemon wrote:
i would love to know how the player portraits got converted into pencil sketches.

by the wonders of charcoal and effort

on topic: anything that removes the staticness of the screens between matches would be great, mabye a rotating 3d banner, webcams on the casters, or as suggested, the cheerfulls
I'll bite this hand that feeds me, and take it for my own!
Crazyeyes
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada1342 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-21 09:18:05
March 21 2011 09:16 GMT
#48
On March 21 2011 17:34 Doraemon wrote:
i would love to know how the player portraits got converted into pencil sketches.

It's actually very simple. You just put it in a convertor and after a short time you get your result!

The convertor they're using can be downloaded here:
http://theportraitart.com/

Glider made a killing off of TSL3, eh?
WeeEEeeEEEeeEEEeeeEEee!!
Doraemon
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Australia14949 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-21 09:19:00
March 21 2011 09:17 GMT
#49
ah ok. i thought they were using convertor.
Do yourself a favour and just STFU
hifriend
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
China7935 Posts
March 21 2011 14:43 GMT
#50
On March 21 2011 07:13 Hot_Bid wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2011 03:49 Aquafresh wrote:
Who is observing? Hot_Bid? intrigue? I don't really have any complaints or anything I just wanted to say they are doing really well. Dedicated observers should be the standard in future foreign tournaments IMO. So many advantages and no real disadvantages provided the casters are comfortable with it and the observer is good.

I am observing! Thanks for the nice comments.

I know that there were some weird issues when I was moving the camera around when theres big battles so in the future I'll try to keep the screen steady.

You're doing a great job! You don't miss anything, stay in tune with the commentators both by keeping the screen at the right place and using the right tabs.

Also noticed in morrow vs jinro you were nudging with the mouse at the 20 lings way before the casters noticed, and you did something similar to what korean bw obs do where you dragged a box in the empty space where morrow's third hatchery was supposed to go down when he moved out with a drone in front of jinro's scouting scv. Awesome.

Did you also observe tsl2? I remember being impressed by the obs back then as well.
Groovyschlumpf
Profile Joined January 2010
Germany75 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-21 15:47:54
March 21 2011 15:46 GMT
#51
1st weekend is over and man that was so exciting.
Almost everything was perfect, especially the dc handling between boxer and nightend
The commentators did a super job.
But i have to say, i am not as pleased as i could be with the recap of the day1 games on the day2 stream. if you didnt have the time to watch it live or on demand you could not avoid spoilers. djwheat said "turn away from the screen" but what does looking away help you when the commentators recapped it vocally? if you mention the vods it should be enough ... perhaps a thread where in spoilers every series is divided into game 1 2 and 3 so that you dont see how many games a series lasts ... but hey, crying on a high level as we say in germany :D
You did a great job on the opening weekend.

PS: Perhaps Husky should breath once in a while

Oh, I almost forgot. Great observer... pointing everything with the mouse and dragging ... i was very impressed!
"Well, the (football)game lasts 90 Minutes" - Otto Rehagel (his team lost in overtime)
Robonord
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States311 Posts
March 21 2011 17:59 GMT
#52
Hi, this is my first TSL and I just wanted to give some quick feedback!

Good:

1) Production/Intros: Wow, the player intros, bios, music, etc is great! Very classy and professional and I really like the feel of everything.

2) VODs: Excellent. VODs come up timely are available for free on YouTube. Thanks for this.

3) Write-ups: I feel like I'm spending more time reading writeups and recaps then I am watching the games. This definitely helped build the hype for the games.

Not so good:

1) Casting pairs: I feel like wheat/husky were lacking as a casting duo. Having an analytical caster like day9/artosis with a good play by play caster like chill/wheat/husky is the best combination imo.

2) Caster desnycing: I know not much can be done about this but it really took away from the casts when wheat was obviously desynced from the stream cast. It felt like the abomination that was Clash of the Titans.

3) Stream lag: The LQ stream lagged for me badly about half way through TSL day 2. I had to stop watching it and just decided to wait till VODs came out.

Everything aside, I'm very impressed with the level of quality of the TSL. I feel the TSL is the premier league for the foreign scene and not the NASL.
IMLosirA | ST_Bomber | SlayerS_Puzzle
aznagent
Profile Joined May 2010
Hong Kong166 Posts
March 21 2011 18:09 GMT
#53
Some constructive criticism that I don't think has been mentioned

1) I noticed Chill has a tendency to repeat what Day9 says right after Day9 says it
2) A lot of talking in between casts that could be gone into hyping the upcoming game
3) I am not using adblockers but the ads don't show up for me in the stream (not that i'm complaining)
4) ro32 day 1 spoilers in ro32 day 2, Ro32 results should be on stream in Ro16 casts
5) More plugging of sponsors... Pokerstrategy.com etc.
6) I thought there would be music in the stream? All I have heard is the Starcraft main theme

Other things have already been mentioned...

But on the whole, stellar job
Quote:
Adebisi
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada1637 Posts
March 21 2011 18:21 GMT
#54
Just want to say that HotBid has done an awesome job with the camera, I think a dedicated obs helps a tournament so much.

Only other piece of feedback I can think of might be I think Husky should avoid saying things along the lines of stuff like HuK is a better player than HasuObs... just seemed kinda weird and impolite, I mean c'mon now.
SolonTLG
Profile Joined November 2010
United States299 Posts
March 21 2011 18:49 GMT
#55
On March 22 2011 02:59 Robonord wrote:

Not so good:
....
2) Caster desnycing: I know not much can be done about this but it really took away from the casts when wheat was obviously desynced from the stream cast.


I have been thinking about ways to mitigate desync issues. Obviously, the only way to truly fix the problem would be shared replays, but would take a Blizzard patch to implement.

In the meantime, here is my proposed "fix". The observer makes a separate stream that is zoomed in on the observer's game timer. The casters would then have this steam open on another window, monitor, or auxiliary laptop computer. Then it would be the casters responsibility to check that their reply is aligned with the observers game timer, and adjust appropriately.

This additional timer stream can be done on a separate (and secret) Ustream account or perhaps using video Skype. If Skype, I think the TLHQ can afford a webcam to dedicated to this purpose

I have no idea if this would actually work, but I thought I would through in my two cents.

Overall, the TSL3 has been awesome, thanks!
The Law Giver
Qcto
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada24 Posts
March 21 2011 19:39 GMT
#56
My feedback is related to the Casters filler talk. Please don't discuss previous series during a replay cast event (I understand during a live tournament event this is very hard to do, but these are replays). We should be able to watch games out of order and not have games spoiled. I know its not that big of a thing but I missed day 2 live and had to watch the VODs and I'll be damned if I'm not watching MC and Jinro's games first.
If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan
Slythape
Profile Joined October 2010
Malaysia689 Posts
March 21 2011 19:56 GMT
#57
Stream Lag: For some weird reason, my HQ stream is better compared to the LQ stream and yet it is still quite laggy. Is there a way to fix this? Sometimes in LQ the video just freezes while the audio still plays, then skips ahead.

While on the HQ stream, everything is normal except lag every 10 second interval.
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
March 21 2011 20:43 GMT
#58
On March 22 2011 03:49 SolonTLG wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 22 2011 02:59 Robonord wrote:

Not so good:
....
2) Caster desnycing: I know not much can be done about this but it really took away from the casts when wheat was obviously desynced from the stream cast.


I have been thinking about ways to mitigate desync issues. Obviously, the only way to truly fix the problem would be shared replays, but would take a Blizzard patch to implement.

In the meantime, here is my proposed "fix". The observer makes a separate stream that is zoomed in on the observer's game timer. The casters would then have this steam open on another window, monitor, or auxiliary laptop computer. Then it would be the casters responsibility to check that their reply is aligned with the observers game timer, and adjust appropriately.

This additional timer stream can be done on a separate (and secret) Ustream account or perhaps using video Skype. If Skype, I think the TLHQ can afford a webcam to dedicated to this purpose

I have no idea if this would actually work, but I thought I would through in my two cents.

Overall, the TSL3 has been awesome, thanks!

R1CH programmed a tool that displays everyone's current replay time. The problem is when you are lagging for whatever reason, you have to keep going Fastest, Fastest x 2 over and over to keep in sync. I was doing this for the entire broadcast on day 1. Sometimes I fell behind without noticing the timers. It's tough to stay in sync while trying to focus on what people are doing.
Moderator
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
March 21 2011 20:52 GMT
#59
On March 22 2011 04:39 Qcto wrote:
We should be able to watch games out of order and not have games spoiled.

That's an absolutely ridiculous suggestion.
Moderator
Lambertus
Profile Joined February 2010
South Africa994 Posts
March 21 2011 21:12 GMT
#60
As an Fan and viewer of all TSLs so far, I want to point out that the Observer is doing a great job (as nearly always).
He seems prepared, knows the maps, the metagame and is following the casters (and they are following him? I found it funny that in the game of Ciara vs MC (I think) the Observer noticed the miskliked drones that were just following another drone and not mining. The Casters didnt get it :D )

The commenators are great, but I would also say that Djwheat and Husky are too similar in style. I like them both, but another mixture would be interesting to hear.

Guys, TSL started soo great! I hope that my wife let me watch all the other games :D
The only known Reverend on TL playing SC2 and BW (http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=409226)
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 15m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech86
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 380
Hyuk 235
Leta 90
910 81
Mong 67
Shinee 65
soO 57
Mind 44
HiyA 43
PianO 43
[ Show more ]
Killer 32
ToSsGirL 28
Aegong 28
ZerO 26
Bale 23
sorry 16
EffOrt 15
ZergMaN 14
Dota 2
XcaliburYe55
League of Legends
JimRising 432
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss449
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King194
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1640
Other Games
summit1g8254
olofmeister1290
singsing633
ceh9534
Happy284
crisheroes280
ArmadaUGS116
Livibee101
ZerO(Twitch)5
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick563
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream270
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH194
• LUISG 27
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2274
League of Legends
• Rush1674
• Jankos1310
• Stunt535
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
1h 15m
OSC
4h 15m
Stellar Fest
4h 15m
OSC
15h 15m
Stellar Fest
1d 4h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.