• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:22
CEST 01:22
KST 08:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8692 users

The Automated Ban List - Page 1017

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 3173 Next
This thread is for discussing recent bans. Don't discuss other topics here.

Take it to website feedback if you disagree with a ban or want to raise an issue.

Keep it civil.

NOTE: For those of you who want to find the actual ABL thread where the bans are posted. Please look in here: https://tl.net/forum/closed-threads/
KhAmun
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1005 Posts
May 02 2012 05:18 GMT
#20321
On May 02 2012 13:58 bkrow wrote:
Thank god - i have more of a problem with the army of ignorant morons that latch onto everything that Destiny says and then see it as a way to 'protest' or fight for some 'greater good'

I really respect TL for the action they took, especially with the stance on defeaturing his stream during his ban.


TBH I would have liked to see it extended for his twitter comments, but that might not be objectively fair.
motbob
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States12546 Posts
May 02 2012 05:25 GMT
#20322
On May 02 2012 14:18 KhAmun wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 02 2012 13:58 bkrow wrote:
Thank god - i have more of a problem with the army of ignorant morons that latch onto everything that Destiny says and then see it as a way to 'protest' or fight for some 'greater good'

I really respect TL for the action they took, especially with the stance on defeaturing his stream during his ban.


TBH I would have liked to see it extended for his twitter comments, but that might not be objectively fair.

No way. I think a ban on TL would never be extended for criticisms of TL off-site, unless the comments were meant to be malicious, like if Destiny told people to harass Intrigue or something.
ModeratorGood content always wins.
Shana
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Indonesia1814 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-02 05:34:16
May 02 2012 05:29 GMT
#20323
Didn't Chill ban a guy once for being a jerk to him on sc2 games?
Believing in what lies ahead. | That which we call a rose, by any other name would smell as sweet.
BloodNinja
Profile Joined June 2010
United States2791 Posts
May 02 2012 05:35 GMT
#20324
On May 02 2012 14:29 Shana wrote:
Didn't Chill ban a guy once for being a jerk to him on sc2 games?


I thought it was a bit more than being a jerk. I am sure someone will find the ban though.
TheKefka
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Croatia11752 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-02 05:45:49
May 02 2012 05:36 GMT
#20325
On May 02 2012 14:29 Shana wrote:
Didn't Chill ban a guy once for being a jerk to him on sc2 games?

I know mani banned a guy once for 3 gating him on iccup rofl.
Ban reason was don't play PvT like a dick or something like that.
Cackle™
Boiler Bandsman
Profile Joined February 2012
United States391 Posts
May 02 2012 05:37 GMT
#20326
On May 02 2012 13:58 bkrow wrote:
Thank god - i have more of a problem with the army of ignorant morons that latch onto everything that Destiny says and then see it as a way to 'protest' or fight for some 'greater good'

I really respect TL for the action they took, especially with the stance on defeaturing his stream during his ban.



The fanboy hordes are a problem, yes. But I would argue the mob mentality among some posters is even worse. Destiny's stream is a huge part of his career, and a HUGE number of people want to trash that because of something he said in the heat of anger at a loss. It's exactly the same as the self-righteous mob that lynched Orb for months-old rage and seriously damaged his career over something he did/said as a private player, not as a caster. I'm sure many of us have raged at some point, either in Starcraft or even at the office, and we didn't have a torch-bearing mob trying to end our careers. Ban him for forum behavior, call him out for saying something stupid, but don't try to end his career for one stupid comment.


I also disagree with the defeaturing, unless there's been a change in policy since IdrA's high-profile episode with streaming. I actually don't feel strongly either way defeaturing either of them, but the inconsistency is what bothers me. Unless I'm missing some nuance of the policy, of course.
A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.
TheAmazombie
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States3714 Posts
May 02 2012 05:39 GMT
#20327
On May 02 2012 14:37 Boiler Bandsman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 02 2012 13:58 bkrow wrote:
Thank god - i have more of a problem with the army of ignorant morons that latch onto everything that Destiny says and then see it as a way to 'protest' or fight for some 'greater good'

I really respect TL for the action they took, especially with the stance on defeaturing his stream during his ban.



The fanboy hordes are a problem, yes. But I would argue the mob mentality among some posters is even worse. Destiny's stream is a huge part of his career, and a HUGE number of people want to trash that because of something he said in the heat of anger at a loss. It's exactly the same as the self-righteous mob that lynched Orb for months-old rage and seriously damaged his career over something he did/said as a private player, not as a caster. I'm sure many of us have raged at some point, either in Starcraft or even at the office, and we didn't have a torch-bearing mob trying to end our careers. Ban him for forum behavior, call him out for saying something stupid, but don't try to end his career for one stupid comment.


I also disagree with the defeaturing, unless there's been a change in policy since IdrA's high-profile episode with streaming. I actually don't feel strongly either way defeaturing either of them, but the inconsistency is what bothers me. Unless I'm missing some nuance of the policy, of course.


It is up to him to take care of his career. TL and other users have nothing to do with that. If he fails, then he needs to either adapt or look into another profession. His career does not rest with TL and the TL community. It rests in his own hands.
We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery, we need humanity. More than cleverness, we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost. -Charlie Chaplin
KhAmun
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1005 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-02 06:00:40
May 02 2012 05:41 GMT
#20328
On May 02 2012 14:25 motbob wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 02 2012 14:18 KhAmun wrote:
On May 02 2012 13:58 bkrow wrote:
Thank god - i have more of a problem with the army of ignorant morons that latch onto everything that Destiny says and then see it as a way to 'protest' or fight for some 'greater good'

I really respect TL for the action they took, especially with the stance on defeaturing his stream during his ban.


TBH I would have liked to see it extended for his twitter comments, but that might not be objectively fair.

No way. I think a ban on TL would never be extended for criticisms of TL off-site, unless the comments were meant to be malicious, like if Destiny told people to harass Intrigue or something.


Yeah that's why i added in the objectively fair bit. It was just my knee-jerk reaction to his comments.
I guess it was just his way of re-stating his position on the original issue.

To entertain the thought, is there a line somewhere in that regard? I mean, if he went off on twitter insulting and being as offensive as possible to numerous TL staff and TL in general, is there a point at which you would say good riddance, we don't want you in our community any longer?
Isn't it similar to to not listing his stream during a ban, as this action is contradictory to Victor's statements during the IdrA ban, and I'd be curious to know why there is a discrepancy between the two.

EDIT: And this isn't me criticizing or anything, TL always makes really respectable decisions and I'm curious about the thought process regarding this stuff.

EDIT2: I just read your post in the ask TL Staff Anything thread, so I guess that's is sufficient.

For anyone wondering what that post was, I'll quote it:
I did not make the decision regarding Destiny's defeaturing. I do not know the reasons behind the decision. But I can imagine that the reasoning went something like this:

Destiny is not really a member of the TL community. He barely posts on TL and does not know what a "red name" means. If his account is banned, but his stream is still up, the ban was not a real punishment, and there is no incentive to keep him from mucking up the forums. Therefore, defeaturing the stream is necessary for the ban to have any meaning.


Keep in mind this isn't representative of any official stance of TL, and Motbob says 'I can imagine' for a reason.
Boiler Bandsman
Profile Joined February 2012
United States391 Posts
May 02 2012 05:43 GMT
#20329
On May 02 2012 14:39 TheAmazombie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 02 2012 14:37 Boiler Bandsman wrote:
On May 02 2012 13:58 bkrow wrote:
Thank god - i have more of a problem with the army of ignorant morons that latch onto everything that Destiny says and then see it as a way to 'protest' or fight for some 'greater good'

I really respect TL for the action they took, especially with the stance on defeaturing his stream during his ban.



The fanboy hordes are a problem, yes. But I would argue the mob mentality among some posters is even worse. Destiny's stream is a huge part of his career, and a HUGE number of people want to trash that because of something he said in the heat of anger at a loss. It's exactly the same as the self-righteous mob that lynched Orb for months-old rage and seriously damaged his career over something he did/said as a private player, not as a caster. I'm sure many of us have raged at some point, either in Starcraft or even at the office, and we didn't have a torch-bearing mob trying to end our careers. Ban him for forum behavior, call him out for saying something stupid, but don't try to end his career for one stupid comment.


I also disagree with the defeaturing, unless there's been a change in policy since IdrA's high-profile episode with streaming. I actually don't feel strongly either way defeaturing either of them, but the inconsistency is what bothers me. Unless I'm missing some nuance of the policy, of course.


It is up to him to take care of his career. TL and other users have nothing to do with that. If he fails, then he needs to either adapt or look into another profession. His career does not rest with TL and the TL community. It rests in his own hands.


So you're saying that ending or seriously damaging someone's career for a one-line rage chat is a proportionate response?

I never said Destiny isn't responsible for his own actions; he is. But we as a community are each responsible for our actions in response, too, and I would argue that advocating the end of someone's career over this is disproportionate and wrong.
A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.
Shana
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Indonesia1814 Posts
May 02 2012 05:57 GMT
#20330
On May 02 2012 14:37 Boiler Bandsman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 02 2012 13:58 bkrow wrote:
Thank god - i have more of a problem with the army of ignorant morons that latch onto everything that Destiny says and then see it as a way to 'protest' or fight for some 'greater good'

I really respect TL for the action they took, especially with the stance on defeaturing his stream during his ban.



The fanboy hordes are a problem, yes. But I would argue the mob mentality among some posters is even worse. Destiny's stream is a huge part of his career, and a HUGE number of people want to trash that because of something he said in the heat of anger at a loss. It's exactly the same as the self-righteous mob that lynched Orb for months-old rage and seriously damaged his career over something he did/said as a private player, not as a caster. I'm sure many of us have raged at some point, either in Starcraft or even at the office, and we didn't have a torch-bearing mob trying to end our careers. Ban him for forum behavior, call him out for saying something stupid, but don't try to end his career for one stupid comment.


I also disagree with the defeaturing, unless there's been a change in policy since IdrA's high-profile episode with streaming. I actually don't feel strongly either way defeaturing either of them, but the inconsistency is what bothers me. Unless I'm missing some nuance of the policy, of course.


On May 02 2012 14:42 motbob wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 02 2012 14:27 Namenlos wrote:
What is the resoning behind this? Afaik Idra wanted to not be on the list and had no choice. I do not see the difference here.
Idra's stream will still be listed in the stream section. Our stream list is an informational resource much like the TLPD, Calendar, or Liquipedia. We believe for these resources to function properly, they must be comprehensive and complete and thus we do not remove banned pro players from them.

Do you take him out of TLPD, Calendar and Liquipedia too?

It feels like you want the kick people to the max when they are on the ground and feature or unfeature the streams against their will. I think that is very immature - one of the points tl criticized about steven.

I did not make the decision regarding Destiny's defeaturing. I do not know the reasons behind the decision. But I can imagine that the reasoning went something like this:

Destiny is not really a member of the TL community. He barely posts on TL and does not know what a "red name" means. If his account is banned, but his stream is still up, the ban was not a real punishment, and there is no incentive to keep him from mucking up the forums. Therefore, defeaturing the stream is necessary for the ban to have any meaning.


There you go
Believing in what lies ahead. | That which we call a rose, by any other name would smell as sweet.
JBright
Profile Joined September 2010
Vancouver14381 Posts
May 02 2012 06:00 GMT
#20331
On May 02 2012 14:43 Boiler Bandsman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 02 2012 14:39 TheAmazombie wrote:
On May 02 2012 14:37 Boiler Bandsman wrote:
On May 02 2012 13:58 bkrow wrote:
Thank god - i have more of a problem with the army of ignorant morons that latch onto everything that Destiny says and then see it as a way to 'protest' or fight for some 'greater good'

I really respect TL for the action they took, especially with the stance on defeaturing his stream during his ban.



The fanboy hordes are a problem, yes. But I would argue the mob mentality among some posters is even worse. Destiny's stream is a huge part of his career, and a HUGE number of people want to trash that because of something he said in the heat of anger at a loss. It's exactly the same as the self-righteous mob that lynched Orb for months-old rage and seriously damaged his career over something he did/said as a private player, not as a caster. I'm sure many of us have raged at some point, either in Starcraft or even at the office, and we didn't have a torch-bearing mob trying to end our careers. Ban him for forum behavior, call him out for saying something stupid, but don't try to end his career for one stupid comment.


I also disagree with the defeaturing, unless there's been a change in policy since IdrA's high-profile episode with streaming. I actually don't feel strongly either way defeaturing either of them, but the inconsistency is what bothers me. Unless I'm missing some nuance of the policy, of course.


It is up to him to take care of his career. TL and other users have nothing to do with that. If he fails, then he needs to either adapt or look into another profession. His career does not rest with TL and the TL community. It rests in his own hands.


So you're saying that ending or seriously damaging someone's career for a one-line rage chat is a proportionate response?

I never said Destiny isn't responsible for his own actions; he is. But we as a community are each responsible for our actions in response, too, and I would argue that advocating the end of someone's career over this is disproportionate and wrong.


Destiny is still able to stream off site on his own3d channel independent of TL. He shouldn't be too worried unless he relies on TL to give him new viewers, which I doubt is the case since most SC2 players have already heard of him. On the other hand, he is still listed on other sites where SC2 is not the focus and that's where he can gain new fans. In the end, the diehard fans can still find him easily enough if they want to watch his stream, unless he's protesting the ban by not streaming.
ModeratorThe good and the wise lead quiet lives. Neo's #1 Frenemy and nightmare.
motbob
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States12546 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-02 06:03:48
May 02 2012 06:02 GMT
#20332
I mean, directly comparing the Destiny ban to the Idra ban is not really fair. Two totally different situations.

And demanding consistency for a situation that's happened twice in TL's history does not seem reasonable to me, either. To me, this situation seems to demand review on a case-by-case basis. Any blanket policy would be inadequate.
ModeratorGood content always wins.
monk
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States8477 Posts
May 02 2012 06:05 GMT
#20333
On May 02 2012 14:43 Boiler Bandsman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 02 2012 14:39 TheAmazombie wrote:
On May 02 2012 14:37 Boiler Bandsman wrote:
On May 02 2012 13:58 bkrow wrote:
Thank god - i have more of a problem with the army of ignorant morons that latch onto everything that Destiny says and then see it as a way to 'protest' or fight for some 'greater good'

I really respect TL for the action they took, especially with the stance on defeaturing his stream during his ban.



The fanboy hordes are a problem, yes. But I would argue the mob mentality among some posters is even worse. Destiny's stream is a huge part of his career, and a HUGE number of people want to trash that because of something he said in the heat of anger at a loss. It's exactly the same as the self-righteous mob that lynched Orb for months-old rage and seriously damaged his career over something he did/said as a private player, not as a caster. I'm sure many of us have raged at some point, either in Starcraft or even at the office, and we didn't have a torch-bearing mob trying to end our careers. Ban him for forum behavior, call him out for saying something stupid, but don't try to end his career for one stupid comment.


I also disagree with the defeaturing, unless there's been a change in policy since IdrA's high-profile episode with streaming. I actually don't feel strongly either way defeaturing either of them, but the inconsistency is what bothers me. Unless I'm missing some nuance of the policy, of course.


It is up to him to take care of his career. TL and other users have nothing to do with that. If he fails, then he needs to either adapt or look into another profession. His career does not rest with TL and the TL community. It rests in his own hands.


So you're saying that ending or seriously damaging someone's career for a one-line rage chat is a proportionate response?

I never said Destiny isn't responsible for his own actions; he is. But we as a community are each responsible for our actions in response, too, and I would argue that advocating the end of someone's career over this is disproportionate and wrong.

One line?
Moderator
corpuscle
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States1967 Posts
May 02 2012 06:09 GMT
#20334
If you're a Destiny fan and want to catch his stream whether he's featured or not, you can just add him to your favorites and it comes up anyway. It'll obviously hurt his revenue, but if he's gonna rely on TL featuring him for revenue, he should follow their rules.
From the void I am born into wave and particle
TheAmazombie
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States3714 Posts
May 02 2012 06:10 GMT
#20335
On May 02 2012 14:43 Boiler Bandsman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 02 2012 14:39 TheAmazombie wrote:
On May 02 2012 14:37 Boiler Bandsman wrote:
On May 02 2012 13:58 bkrow wrote:
Thank god - i have more of a problem with the army of ignorant morons that latch onto everything that Destiny says and then see it as a way to 'protest' or fight for some 'greater good'

I really respect TL for the action they took, especially with the stance on defeaturing his stream during his ban.



The fanboy hordes are a problem, yes. But I would argue the mob mentality among some posters is even worse. Destiny's stream is a huge part of his career, and a HUGE number of people want to trash that because of something he said in the heat of anger at a loss. It's exactly the same as the self-righteous mob that lynched Orb for months-old rage and seriously damaged his career over something he did/said as a private player, not as a caster. I'm sure many of us have raged at some point, either in Starcraft or even at the office, and we didn't have a torch-bearing mob trying to end our careers. Ban him for forum behavior, call him out for saying something stupid, but don't try to end his career for one stupid comment.


I also disagree with the defeaturing, unless there's been a change in policy since IdrA's high-profile episode with streaming. I actually don't feel strongly either way defeaturing either of them, but the inconsistency is what bothers me. Unless I'm missing some nuance of the policy, of course.


It is up to him to take care of his career. TL and other users have nothing to do with that. If he fails, then he needs to either adapt or look into another profession. His career does not rest with TL and the TL community. It rests in his own hands.


So you're saying that ending or seriously damaging someone's career for a one-line rage chat is a proportionate response?

I never said Destiny isn't responsible for his own actions; he is. But we as a community are each responsible for our actions in response, too, and I would argue that advocating the end of someone's career over this is disproportionate and wrong.


No, but what I am saying is that if something like this were to "end his career," it would be no one's fault but his own. I don't think that there is any reason to end his career, but that choice is up to him entirely, not us or this site. That is my point. That is the entire risk of working for yourself.
We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery, we need humanity. More than cleverness, we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost. -Charlie Chaplin
corpuscle
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States1967 Posts
May 02 2012 06:12 GMT
#20336
On May 02 2012 15:10 TheAmazombie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 02 2012 14:43 Boiler Bandsman wrote:
On May 02 2012 14:39 TheAmazombie wrote:
On May 02 2012 14:37 Boiler Bandsman wrote:
On May 02 2012 13:58 bkrow wrote:
Thank god - i have more of a problem with the army of ignorant morons that latch onto everything that Destiny says and then see it as a way to 'protest' or fight for some 'greater good'

I really respect TL for the action they took, especially with the stance on defeaturing his stream during his ban.



The fanboy hordes are a problem, yes. But I would argue the mob mentality among some posters is even worse. Destiny's stream is a huge part of his career, and a HUGE number of people want to trash that because of something he said in the heat of anger at a loss. It's exactly the same as the self-righteous mob that lynched Orb for months-old rage and seriously damaged his career over something he did/said as a private player, not as a caster. I'm sure many of us have raged at some point, either in Starcraft or even at the office, and we didn't have a torch-bearing mob trying to end our careers. Ban him for forum behavior, call him out for saying something stupid, but don't try to end his career for one stupid comment.


I also disagree with the defeaturing, unless there's been a change in policy since IdrA's high-profile episode with streaming. I actually don't feel strongly either way defeaturing either of them, but the inconsistency is what bothers me. Unless I'm missing some nuance of the policy, of course.


It is up to him to take care of his career. TL and other users have nothing to do with that. If he fails, then he needs to either adapt or look into another profession. His career does not rest with TL and the TL community. It rests in his own hands.


So you're saying that ending or seriously damaging someone's career for a one-line rage chat is a proportionate response?

I never said Destiny isn't responsible for his own actions; he is. But we as a community are each responsible for our actions in response, too, and I would argue that advocating the end of someone's career over this is disproportionate and wrong.


No, but what I am saying is that if something like this were to "end his career," it would be no one's fault but his own. I don't think that there is any reason to end his career, but that choice is up to him entirely, not us or this site. That is my point. That is the entire risk of working for yourself.


If his career lives and dies based on whether TL features him or not, he should recognize that he needs to accept their rules. It's his own fault; if he hadn't posted anything in the shitshow witch-hunt thread, I guarantee he wouldn't have been banned/punished.
From the void I am born into wave and particle
Namenlos
Profile Joined December 2010
Germany96 Posts
May 02 2012 06:24 GMT
#20337
On May 02 2012 15:09 corpuscle wrote:
If you're a Destiny fan and want to catch his stream whether he's featured or not, you can just add him to your favorites and it comes up anyway. […]


Nope does not work for me, I just favoured him. Guess I'll have to make twitch and own3d accounts now.
Boiler Bandsman
Profile Joined February 2012
United States391 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-02 06:28:54
May 02 2012 06:27 GMT
#20338
On May 02 2012 15:10 TheAmazombie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 02 2012 14:43 Boiler Bandsman wrote:
On May 02 2012 14:39 TheAmazombie wrote:
On May 02 2012 14:37 Boiler Bandsman wrote:
On May 02 2012 13:58 bkrow wrote:
Thank god - i have more of a problem with the army of ignorant morons that latch onto everything that Destiny says and then see it as a way to 'protest' or fight for some 'greater good'

I really respect TL for the action they took, especially with the stance on defeaturing his stream during his ban.



The fanboy hordes are a problem, yes. But I would argue the mob mentality among some posters is even worse. Destiny's stream is a huge part of his career, and a HUGE number of people want to trash that because of something he said in the heat of anger at a loss. It's exactly the same as the self-righteous mob that lynched Orb for months-old rage and seriously damaged his career over something he did/said as a private player, not as a caster. I'm sure many of us have raged at some point, either in Starcraft or even at the office, and we didn't have a torch-bearing mob trying to end our careers. Ban him for forum behavior, call him out for saying something stupid, but don't try to end his career for one stupid comment.


I also disagree with the defeaturing, unless there's been a change in policy since IdrA's high-profile episode with streaming. I actually don't feel strongly either way defeaturing either of them, but the inconsistency is what bothers me. Unless I'm missing some nuance of the policy, of course.


It is up to him to take care of his career. TL and other users have nothing to do with that. If he fails, then he needs to either adapt or look into another profession. His career does not rest with TL and the TL community. It rests in his own hands.


So you're saying that ending or seriously damaging someone's career for a one-line rage chat is a proportionate response?

I never said Destiny isn't responsible for his own actions; he is. But we as a community are each responsible for our actions in response, too, and I would argue that advocating the end of someone's career over this is disproportionate and wrong.


No, but what I am saying is that if something like this were to "end his career," it would be no one's fault but his own. I don't think that there is any reason to end his career, but that choice is up to him entirely, not us or this site. That is my point. That is the entire risk of working for yourself.


I'm not arguing that this actually will end his career. I'm saying that calling for his head is wrong. That doesn't absolve him of responsibility. That entire shitstorm started as a "lynch Destiny" party. Then he threw gas on it, but that's not the point. I was criticizing the fact that it was started as such; his response is irrelevant to my point, as is his ban.

Really these are two separate issues that I have, and I think people missed that.

I don't have a problem with the ban. I was bothered by the different responses re:defeaturing, but I feel like that's been answered. That ended my concern with TL staff actions.

The "end his career" stuff was entirely separate and unrelated to any of the mod actions. I was commenting on the lynch-mob tendencies of the community, not the mods. It was originally in response to someone complaining about the Destiny followers. I wasn't saying it was wrong to ban him, etc. I was saying it was wrong for people call for the ruining of his career, as well as noting the blood-lust that seems to come out at times like this.

EDIT re:motbob
I meant the posting of the original shitstorm thread was in response to one line, not that the mod actions were only responding to that.
A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.
motbob
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States12546 Posts
May 02 2012 06:33 GMT
#20339
On May 02 2012 15:27 Boiler Bandsman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 02 2012 15:10 TheAmazombie wrote:
On May 02 2012 14:43 Boiler Bandsman wrote:
On May 02 2012 14:39 TheAmazombie wrote:
On May 02 2012 14:37 Boiler Bandsman wrote:
On May 02 2012 13:58 bkrow wrote:
Thank god - i have more of a problem with the army of ignorant morons that latch onto everything that Destiny says and then see it as a way to 'protest' or fight for some 'greater good'

I really respect TL for the action they took, especially with the stance on defeaturing his stream during his ban.



The fanboy hordes are a problem, yes. But I would argue the mob mentality among some posters is even worse. Destiny's stream is a huge part of his career, and a HUGE number of people want to trash that because of something he said in the heat of anger at a loss. It's exactly the same as the self-righteous mob that lynched Orb for months-old rage and seriously damaged his career over something he did/said as a private player, not as a caster. I'm sure many of us have raged at some point, either in Starcraft or even at the office, and we didn't have a torch-bearing mob trying to end our careers. Ban him for forum behavior, call him out for saying something stupid, but don't try to end his career for one stupid comment.


I also disagree with the defeaturing, unless there's been a change in policy since IdrA's high-profile episode with streaming. I actually don't feel strongly either way defeaturing either of them, but the inconsistency is what bothers me. Unless I'm missing some nuance of the policy, of course.


It is up to him to take care of his career. TL and other users have nothing to do with that. If he fails, then he needs to either adapt or look into another profession. His career does not rest with TL and the TL community. It rests in his own hands.


So you're saying that ending or seriously damaging someone's career for a one-line rage chat is a proportionate response?

I never said Destiny isn't responsible for his own actions; he is. But we as a community are each responsible for our actions in response, too, and I would argue that advocating the end of someone's career over this is disproportionate and wrong.


No, but what I am saying is that if something like this were to "end his career," it would be no one's fault but his own. I don't think that there is any reason to end his career, but that choice is up to him entirely, not us or this site. That is my point. That is the entire risk of working for yourself.


I'm not arguing that this actually will end his career. I'm saying that calling for his head is wrong. That doesn't absolve him of responsibility. That entire shitstorm started as a "lynch Destiny" party. Then he threw gas on it, but that's not the point. I was criticizing the fact that it was started as such; his response is irrelevant to my point, as is his ban.

Really these are two separate issues that I have, and I think people missed that.

I don't have a problem with the ban. I was bothered by the different responses re:defeaturing, but I feel like that's been answered. That ended my concern with TL staff actions.

The "end his career" stuff was entirely separate and unrelated to any of the mod actions. I was commenting on the lynch-mob tendencies of the community, not the mods. It was originally in response to someone complaining about the Destiny followers. I wasn't saying it was wrong to ban him, etc. I was saying it was wrong for people call for the ruining of his career, as well as noting the blood-lust that seems to come out at times like this.

EDIT re:motbob
I meant the posting of the original shitstorm thread was in response to one line, not that the mod actions were only responding to that.

If you're just discussion the community reaction to Destiny's comments, then I'm not sure this thread is the right place for that...

I was about to refer you to a thread in Website Feedback that was discussing that very topic, but it looks like you tried posting there and were referred here. Heh.
ModeratorGood content always wins.
Boiler Bandsman
Profile Joined February 2012
United States391 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-02 06:40:56
May 02 2012 06:39 GMT
#20340
On May 02 2012 15:33 motbob wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 02 2012 15:27 Boiler Bandsman wrote:
On May 02 2012 15:10 TheAmazombie wrote:
On May 02 2012 14:43 Boiler Bandsman wrote:
On May 02 2012 14:39 TheAmazombie wrote:
On May 02 2012 14:37 Boiler Bandsman wrote:
On May 02 2012 13:58 bkrow wrote:
Thank god - i have more of a problem with the army of ignorant morons that latch onto everything that Destiny says and then see it as a way to 'protest' or fight for some 'greater good'

I really respect TL for the action they took, especially with the stance on defeaturing his stream during his ban.



The fanboy hordes are a problem, yes. But I would argue the mob mentality among some posters is even worse. Destiny's stream is a huge part of his career, and a HUGE number of people want to trash that because of something he said in the heat of anger at a loss. It's exactly the same as the self-righteous mob that lynched Orb for months-old rage and seriously damaged his career over something he did/said as a private player, not as a caster. I'm sure many of us have raged at some point, either in Starcraft or even at the office, and we didn't have a torch-bearing mob trying to end our careers. Ban him for forum behavior, call him out for saying something stupid, but don't try to end his career for one stupid comment.


I also disagree with the defeaturing, unless there's been a change in policy since IdrA's high-profile episode with streaming. I actually don't feel strongly either way defeaturing either of them, but the inconsistency is what bothers me. Unless I'm missing some nuance of the policy, of course.


It is up to him to take care of his career. TL and other users have nothing to do with that. If he fails, then he needs to either adapt or look into another profession. His career does not rest with TL and the TL community. It rests in his own hands.


So you're saying that ending or seriously damaging someone's career for a one-line rage chat is a proportionate response?

I never said Destiny isn't responsible for his own actions; he is. But we as a community are each responsible for our actions in response, too, and I would argue that advocating the end of someone's career over this is disproportionate and wrong.


No, but what I am saying is that if something like this were to "end his career," it would be no one's fault but his own. I don't think that there is any reason to end his career, but that choice is up to him entirely, not us or this site. That is my point. That is the entire risk of working for yourself.


I'm not arguing that this actually will end his career. I'm saying that calling for his head is wrong. That doesn't absolve him of responsibility. That entire shitstorm started as a "lynch Destiny" party. Then he threw gas on it, but that's not the point. I was criticizing the fact that it was started as such; his response is irrelevant to my point, as is his ban.

Really these are two separate issues that I have, and I think people missed that.

I don't have a problem with the ban. I was bothered by the different responses re:defeaturing, but I feel like that's been answered. That ended my concern with TL staff actions.

The "end his career" stuff was entirely separate and unrelated to any of the mod actions. I was commenting on the lynch-mob tendencies of the community, not the mods. It was originally in response to someone complaining about the Destiny followers. I wasn't saying it was wrong to ban him, etc. I was saying it was wrong for people call for the ruining of his career, as well as noting the blood-lust that seems to come out at times like this.

EDIT re:motbob
I meant the posting of the original shitstorm thread was in response to one line, not that the mod actions were only responding to that.

If you're just discussion the community reaction to Destiny's comments, then I'm not sure this thread is the right place for that...

I was about to refer you to a thread in Website Feedback that was discussing that very topic, but it looks like you tried posting there and were referred here. Heh.


Well, I was mostly referred b/c of my question about the defeaturing, which actually was answered. The system worked!

I more responded as a clarification that I wasn't criticizing the mod actions, I was just adding a commentary on the community's reaction as a whole and they kind of ran together. I wasn't intending for it to blow up like this, and it's really not something I was trying to bring up an extensive derailing discussion of.

+ Show Spoiler +
Besides, isn't this thread semi-officially subtitled "shitstorm grandstanding" anyway?
A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.
Prev 1 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 3173 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 39m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft358
Nina 127
ViBE97
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14272
firebathero 116
Hyuk 56
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm171
febbydoto91
League of Legends
Doublelift4309
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5519
Other Games
summit1g8435
FrodaN2165
mouzStarbuck437
JimRising 426
KnowMe220
ArmadaUGS117
Mew2King62
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1179
BasetradeTV211
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream103
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 109
• musti20045 32
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 39m
INu's Battles
12h 39m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
15h 39m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 39m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 39m
Replay Cast
23h 39m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 10h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 11h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 16h
Replay Cast
1d 23h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.