• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:51
CEST 00:51
KST 07:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7860 users

In-Game Standard Hero Builds Project - Page 80

Forum Index > The Tavern
Post a Reply
Prev 1 78 79 80 81 82 371 Next
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
July 11 2014 14:58 GMT
#1581
I still carry hard as Doom, so I don't know.

I need to rearrange the entire guide to reflect both the carry Doom build which is a preference to how some people play and this new Doom which goes: Tranq -> Blink -> Meka -> Shiva's -> Refresher. (with BKB as Situational)
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-12 01:35:13
July 11 2014 14:58 GMT
#1582
edit
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
July 11 2014 15:03 GMT
#1583
Tranq->blink is fine but u can't go mek after that as you don't have the mana to cast all ur spells in a fight really and getting mek after blink is just delaying ur mek a ton for limited reason imo. In really specific games it's fine but most of the logic behind doom mek is "u get it hella fast even with limited farm priority and he likes the armor".

Phase/Midas/Blink/Shivas/(refresher/bkb) doom carries fine even if ur not building right click items. They can't run from shivas when u have scorched earth on, they are doomed, and u just hit them. Plus u have a blink for swag. Plus refreshing BKB feels amazing.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-11 15:23:15
July 11 2014 15:23 GMT
#1584
On July 12 2014 00:03 Sn0_Man wrote:
Tranq->blink is fine but u can't go mek after that as you don't have the mana to cast all ur spells in a fight really and getting mek after blink is just delaying ur mek a ton for limited reason imo. In really specific games it's fine but most of the logic behind doom mek is "u get it hella fast even with limited farm priority and he likes the armor".

Phase/Midas/Blink/Shivas/(refresher/bkb) doom carries fine even if ur not building right click items. They can't run from shivas when u have scorched earth on, they are doomed, and u just hit them. Plus u have a blink for swag. Plus refreshing BKB feels amazing.


I think I'll just need to redo their entire item builds. There's no way for me to keep the current carry build and incorporate the new one.

Can you help with the Elder Titan?
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-11 15:32:02
July 11 2014 15:31 GMT
#1585
I sux at ET and he's a bad hero anyway. I don't think you want drums though, and while BKB is "good" it isn't core at all considering the range you can cast spells from etc.

I think mek is very good tho, should stay.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
July 11 2014 15:33 GMT
#1586
I just remade Doom, check it out:

Doom (Lane)

Doom (Jungle)
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
July 11 2014 15:37 GMT
#1587
One thing I will say is that as a lane-farmer with a midas, shadowblade kinda synergizes with the "be a ganking threat" at least as well as blink in pubs. You tax their supports, sometimes get away when you really shouldn't, and it helps you right click late game. Basically its really strong in pubs IMO, and deserves honorable mention somewhere as a blink alternative.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
July 11 2014 15:43 GMT
#1588
On July 12 2014 00:37 Sn0_Man wrote:
One thing I will say is that as a lane-farmer with a midas, shadowblade kinda synergizes with the "be a ganking threat" at least as well as blink in pubs. You tax their supports, sometimes get away when you really shouldn't, and it helps you right click late game. Basically its really strong in pubs IMO, and deserves honorable mention somewhere as a blink alternative.


It was in the old build ): I liked it a lot albeit being a bit gimpy.

With how the build is going, it may be too mana taxing to have it. I know when I used it in the old build, I had no mana after every fight.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Laserist
Profile Joined September 2011
Turkey4269 Posts
July 11 2014 15:45 GMT
#1589
On July 12 2014 00:31 Sn0_Man wrote:
I sux at ET and he's a bad hero anyway. I don't think you want drums though, and while BKB is "good" it isn't core at all considering the range you can cast spells from etc.

I think mek is very good tho, should stay.


I disagree with some points. This hero uses immense mana and his mana pool is not great. If you go mek, you have to build arcanes which is a lot of gp considering playing in offlane or supportish. You can do it in mid but, you'd like to have phase boots in mid generally.

It is easier to build up a drum maybe after brown b + soul ring in hard lane. Even after the nerfs, drum gives a good edge in early to mid game presence.

Yes, ET cast spells from range but you'd like to enter the fight and hit hard after collecting 2-3 hero worth spirit damage which is probably took like 3-5 seconds after the team fight begins(send spirit, collect damage, stun, ulti and dive). Consider 1-2 extra seconds for you to go melee range and add a 8-10 seconds bkb to that, you are practically invulnerable at that mid game fights. let alone bkb lets you hit 3-4 more hits and you hit really hard at that point. I'd consider bkb as core as 3rd item if you want to fight.
ET is really good, not top tier for sure but calling bad hero is not right. He needs his nerfs reverted back.



“Are you with the Cartel? Because you’re definitely an Angel.”
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-11 15:47:31
July 11 2014 15:47 GMT
#1590
On July 12 2014 00:45 Laserist wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 12 2014 00:31 Sn0_Man wrote:
I sux at ET and he's a bad hero anyway. I don't think you want drums though, and while BKB is "good" it isn't core at all considering the range you can cast spells from etc.

I think mek is very good tho, should stay.


I disagree with some points. This hero uses immense mana and his mana pool is not great. If you go mek, you have to build arcanes which is a lot of gp considering playing in offlane or supportish. You can do it in mid but, you'd like to have phase boots in mid generally.

It is easier to build up a drum maybe after brown b + soul ring in hard lane. Even after the nerfs, drum gives a good edge in early to mid game presence.

Yes, ET cast spells from range but you'd like to enter the fight and hit hard after collecting 2-3 hero worth spirit damage which is probably took like 3-5 seconds after the team fight begins(send spirit, collect damage, stun, ulti and dive). Consider 1-2 extra seconds for you to go melee range and add a 8-10 seconds bkb to that, you are practically invulnerable at that mid game fights. let alone bkb lets you hit 3-4 more hits and you hit really hard at that point. I'd consider bkb as core as 3rd item if you want to fight.
ET is really good, not top tier for sure but calling bad hero is not right. He needs his nerfs reverted back.


http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=261777247

Lane Version seems to be what you are looking for.

The Mid Guide is straight Phase, Drums, BKB into AC or other extension items
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Laserist
Profile Joined September 2011
Turkey4269 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-11 15:56:03
July 11 2014 15:52 GMT
#1591
Although I disagree with tranquils it is a very solid build. Tranquils is justified if you plan to spam spirit and stay within xp range. Otherwise mana boots or phase puts more pressure imo.
“Are you with the Cartel? Because you’re definitely an Angel.”
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
July 11 2014 15:53 GMT
#1592
On July 12 2014 00:52 Laserist wrote:
Although I disagree with tranquils it is a very solid build. Tranquils is justified if you plan to spam spirit and stay within xp range. Otherwise mana boots are phase puts more pressure imo.


Arcane and Soul Ring? That doesn't seem right. Tranquil's + Soul Ring and the overall speed + extra armor is nice.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Laserist
Profile Joined September 2011
Turkey4269 Posts
July 11 2014 16:00 GMT
#1593
Not together, arcane is a better investment for the team and the hero and ofc without soul. I tried every possible boots except tranquils before, need to wait for cd wears off and missing last hits, things are I don't like.
Against a dual lane I feel I can apply pressure and secure last hits, tranquils pushed me to the opposite.
For competitive it may be better but, in pubs there is always room to do something in hard lane. Instead of spamming off screen.
“Are you with the Cartel? Because you’re definitely an Angel.”
Rayeth
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States883 Posts
July 11 2014 17:47 GMT
#1594
So I'm going to bring it up since I find myself doing it every time these days, but what about the Blink on Wraith King?

The Blink King has started to become a thing now. I don't really know if we should change the default guide or create a new one with a support King. I am ending up getting Blink on WK even when I'm carrying, but I think support WK is enough of a thing that maybe we could make a new guide.

IMO the support guide would not max E 2nd and instead go Q Stats Q W Q R Q W etc and leave E till last.
This would allow you to jungle a bit as the support and then we can go ahead and put Blink in the core items where it belongs. I would still get treads as the support as tread switching and magic wand are so very important for mana to use the ult/stun. As for the rest of the items, you generally don't end up getting many more items as you either lose the game or win before you can get Armlet/BKB/Mjollnir/AC
The Innocent shall suffer... big time.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
July 11 2014 17:52 GMT
#1595
On July 12 2014 02:47 Rayeth wrote:
So I'm going to bring it up since I find myself doing it every time these days, but what about the Blink on Wraith King?

The Blink King has started to become a thing now. I don't really know if we should change the default guide or create a new one with a support King. I am ending up getting Blink on WK even when I'm carrying, but I think support WK is enough of a thing that maybe we could make a new guide.

IMO the support guide would not max E 2nd and instead go Q Stats Q W Q R Q W etc and leave E till last.
This would allow you to jungle a bit as the support and then we can go ahead and put Blink in the core items where it belongs. I would still get treads as the support as tread switching and magic wand are so very important for mana to use the ult/stun. As for the rest of the items, you generally don't end up getting many more items as you either lose the game or win before you can get Armlet/BKB/Mjollnir/AC


The thing with blink right now is that it is overused. I think it is recommended on nearly the majority of the heroes because now it costs no mana. I'm waiting til after TI4 to see if IceFrog will change (which he should) or not.

https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Rayeth
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States883 Posts
July 11 2014 18:25 GMT
#1596
On July 12 2014 02:52 Torte de Lini wrote:

The thing with blink right now is that it is overused. I think it is recommended on nearly the majority of the heroes because now it costs no mana. I'm waiting til after TI4 to see if IceFrog will change (which he should) or not.



The old blink mana cost was what 75? What if they lowered it to like 15 or 20? It would still probably be used on a ton more heroes than before, but not everyone (def not a mana starved hero like WK).

Alright, I can live with that decision. I was just wondering why no one had said anything about Blink on him yet.
The Innocent shall suffer... big time.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
July 11 2014 18:28 GMT
#1597
Even with a mana cost, the item would still be worth consideration. The hero definitely needs an engagement item like either Blink or Lothar's, and Lothar's is unattractive most of the time.
Moderator
Rayeth
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States883 Posts
July 11 2014 18:33 GMT
#1598
Maybe just drop Blink into situational items for WK. If you have another good initiator on your team then you won't need it, if not might as well jump in and use that slow after you get blown up.
The Innocent shall suffer... big time.
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
July 11 2014 18:46 GMT
#1599
I think you always need blink on WK. He has not natural speed boost and getting shit done with him is a pill without that movement.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Laserist
Profile Joined September 2011
Turkey4269 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-11 22:16:46
July 11 2014 22:16 GMT
#1600
Blink has a place but not a go to build for players that need guides to play a hero. For WK ofc
“Are you with the Cartel? Because you’re definitely an Angel.”
Prev 1 78 79 80 81 82 371 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O175
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 499
ZZZero.O 175
Hyun 102
Dota 2
monkeys_forever417
League of Legends
Doublelift4081
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4301
Liquid`Hasu484
Other Games
summit1g13965
FrodaN1587
JimRising 405
KnowMe239
Livibee197
ViBE91
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick782
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 117
• Adnapsc2 38
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix4
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra992
Other Games
• imaqtpie1081
• Shiphtur569
• tFFMrPink 12
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
11h 9m
Patches Events
16h 9m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 9m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 9m
OSC
1d
OSC
1d 13h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.