• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:53
CEST 01:53
KST 08:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7276 users

In-Game Standard Hero Builds Project - Page 65

Forum Index > The Tavern
Post a Reply
Prev 1 63 64 65 66 67 371 Next
Rayeth
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States883 Posts
April 24 2014 20:07 GMT
#1281
I think Vanguard is a perfect situational choice on Bristle and Axe. It can pay off well sometimes (esp for Bristleback), but there are better items. It perfectly fits the definition of a situational item. I tend to not build it on Axe much, but then again, I don't play the hero so much anymore.
The Innocent shall suffer... big time.
SKC
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil18828 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-24 20:12:47
April 24 2014 20:10 GMT
#1282
I think Vanguard is less situational than Hood for both of them. Its more of a question of wether you can skip them. But for a guide Vanguard should be fine. Undying looks like the less reasonable Vanguard out of the lot you mentioned.
yawnoC
Profile Joined December 2010
United States3704 Posts
April 24 2014 20:12 GMT
#1283
On April 23 2014 22:23 Torte de Lini wrote:
Might do a mid Sniper that maxes Shrapnel and gets bottle/Aquila. Not sure if there is a real demand for it yet.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=128746588

His current guide for Lane seems old and oudated
I liked shrapnel sniper and made a guide for myself to follow on steam but never published it. Its a bit outdated though in terms of items(It was funky to say the least) but I think the skill build would still be the correct one to go. If you want me to share it with you and diffrent ideas I had about the build I can just let me know. I like your guides a lot so I figure I should give back a little for all the work you do ^_^
GG - UNiVeRsE is the best player in the WORLD
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-24 21:51:13
April 24 2014 20:18 GMT
#1284
On April 25 2014 05:10 SKC wrote:
I think Vanguard is less situational than Hood for both of them. Its more of a question of wether you can skip them. But for a guide Vanguard should be fine. Undying looks like the less reasonable Vanguard out of the lot you mentioned.


I was more uncomfortable of having Hood of Defiance as nearly the next core item on Axe/Bristle/Undying and wanted to know if I should bulk it with Vanguard in situational.

Also debating if I should max W and keep one point in Q for jungle Axe if I'm getting a fast blink.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Laserist
Profile Joined September 2011
Turkey4269 Posts
April 25 2014 08:52 GMT
#1285
On April 25 2014 05:18 Torte de Lini wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 25 2014 05:10 SKC wrote:
I think Vanguard is less situational than Hood for both of them. Its more of a question of wether you can skip them. But for a guide Vanguard should be fine. Undying looks like the less reasonable Vanguard out of the lot you mentioned.


I was more uncomfortable of having Hood of Defiance as nearly the next core item on Axe/Bristle/Undying and wanted to know if I should bulk it with Vanguard in situational.

Also debating if I should max W and keep one point in Q for jungle Axe if I'm getting a fast blink.


You know, I brought up early W leveling to this thread and still have a mixed feeling about it. Call looks like it is scaling bad(+0.4 sec per level) but there is an immense difference between 2sec and 3.2 since you can proc extra 2-3 or even more helix with some luck. If you got a fast blink(a blink is never fast enough for this hero), you want to dunk as soon as you can and hunger provides a little utility when it comes to call+helix->dunk people.

My bitter experience yesterday was to discover even level 2 hunger doesn't dispel the salve(dispel requires 20 damage after reductions, hunger does 20 magical). Anyways, I start to believe hunger is the ultimate lane skill and should be used to deal damage while keep the opponent from last hitting with helix. It does work in jungle sometimes but situational, either does good damage or completely misses the point.

Hood needs some raw hp or armor to be a blink successor imo. Axe starts with 2 armor and easy to take down if the call is not favorable(I consider fights with 3+ opponents) not counting counter-initiation.
“Are you with the Cartel? Because you’re definitely an Angel.”
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
April 25 2014 09:10 GMT
#1286
I am in-between on the whole thing.

I might reverse the change, but Battle Hunger ensures damage if you don't get the Counter Helix during Berserker's Call.
But more Berserker's Call means more Helix and closer to you to ensure the kills.

So I am not sure myself.

I am looking for an in-between item for Axe (Jungle), I thought Urn of Shadows might work.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Laserist
Profile Joined September 2011
Turkey4269 Posts
April 25 2014 09:16 GMT
#1287
Urn might be a good idea after blink, i ll give it a few tries tonite.
“Are you with the Cartel? Because you’re definitely an Angel.”
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
April 25 2014 09:47 GMT
#1288
yeah, let me know please! I saw it in a 4k MMR game before and thought it made a bit of sense actually!
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
April 25 2014 19:27 GMT
#1289
New patch coming, fuckkkkk
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-25 19:27:30
April 25 2014 19:27 GMT
#1290
Ur safe for now tho its not even coming next week
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
April 25 2014 19:58 GMT
#1291
On April 25 2014 18:16 Laserist wrote:
Urn might be a good idea after blink, i ll give it a few tries tonite.

Urn is good pre-Blink. If you are waiting after Blink, you are better off not getting it at all.

It's good for the games where you have to fight/gank a lot pre-Blink. The HP/extra nuke increase your combat effectiveness, and the healing charge/mana regen smooth out your HP/mana afterwards so you don't have to go home.

Neutrals not breaking Urn charges also lets you do some cute things like farm Ancient stacks/extremely large hard camp stacks with an Urn charge going.
Moderator
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
April 26 2014 11:08 GMT
#1292
gg PATCH

Tons of work to do, I'll see if I can get it fixed all today.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-27 18:47:04
April 26 2014 11:45 GMT
#1293
Heroes to be changed:
Abaddon (add Aghanim's Scepter)
Brewmaster (early point in drunken brawler)
Huskar (Add lifesteal!)
Jakiro (rework skill build, consider Aghanim's Scepter)
Keeper of the Light (consider Aghanim's Scepter)
Lich (Aghanim's Scepter is core)
Lina (Aghanim's Scepter is extension items)
Omniknight (fix skill descriptions)
Razor (add Meka or Urn to situational)
Shadow Demon (consider Aghanim's Scepter)
Tusk (Fix description for Snowball, change Phase to Arcane boots/remove bottle)
Ursa (No more Vladmir's?? Reconsider how he is played now!)
Vengeful Spirit (rework skill build for early levels of aura? + fix descriptions)
Zeus (fix descriptions)


Heroes unchanged:
Ancient Apparition
Anti-Mage
Axe
Batrider
Bloodseeker
Bounty Hunter
Bristleback
Broodmother
Chen
Clinkz
Disruptor
Doom
Drow Ranger
Earth Spirit
Earthshaker
Ember Spirit
Enchantress
Enigma
Faceless Void
Gyrocopter
Invoker
Juggernaut
Kunkka
Lion
Lone Druid
Luna
Lycan
Magnus
Meepo
Mirana
Naga Siren
Necrophos
Night Stalker
Nyx Assassin
Ogre Magi
Phantom Assassin
Phoenix
Pugna
Queen of Pain
Riki
Shadow Fiend
Silencer
Skywrath Mage
Sniper
Spirit Breaker
Sven
Templar Assassin
Tidehunter
Tinker
Tiny
Troll Warlord
Warlock
Windrunner
Witch Doctor
Wraith King


Heroes that I need second opinions on:
Dazzle (probably will stay the same, but the stun rework could be open for discussion)
Legion Commander (we have Overwhelming odds maxed for the Lane guide, but maybe it is worthwhile for jungling??)
Leshrac (the slow is very small, but something to consider)
Medusa (do we still delay split shot with this rework?)
Terrorblade (early levels of Reflection over maxing mirror image?)
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-26 13:21:51
April 26 2014 12:25 GMT
#1294
I will be adding a section that suggests other guides for heroes, it will remove the "Contact" part

For some guides, the title is very, very long

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


On the right, you can see the title doesn't even fit.

Someone suggested just removing the hero name from the title. I haven't decided if I wanted to do that yet. I need other opinions
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
April 26 2014 13:14 GMT
#1295
Could just used shortened names for long ones like KotL
Moderator
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-26 13:24:25
April 26 2014 13:19 GMT
#1296
Yes, but I dislike inconsistency; so I may just leave it.

The title only allows 30 characters maximum before it starts cutting off (25 for tabs); so the major parts of the words are there (6.81 & Standard & Lane/Jungle/Middle); so I will just leave it because the rest is just aesthetics.

Here is what a guide looks like now, I removed the Contact part for guides that alternative versions (Lane/Middle, etc.) so hopefully newer guides will help shift people into subscribing to them and give more awareness.

[image loading]
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
konadora *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Singapore66365 Posts
April 26 2014 14:57 GMT
#1297
On April 26 2014 20:45 Torte de Lini wrote:
Heroes that I need second opinions on:
Beastmaster (does this extra damage resituate him with more carry-like items? No, BM is a strictly utility hero unless in pubstomp
Chaos Knight (does this make getting an early level in Phantasm worth it?) Doesn't change
Dazzle (probably will stay the same, but the stun rework could be open for discussion) Probably higher priority in shadow wave + grave still, personally I feel not maxing those can be crucial to losing teamfights. If your team has no stuns such that you require a level 4 poison touch early on, you're doing it wrong
Legion Commander (we have Overwhelming odds maxed for the Lane guide, but maybe it is worthwhile for jungling??) Personally prefer to max this first, putting 1-3 points in the other 2 skills, even as a jungling LC.
Leshrac (the slow is very small, but something to consider) 4-1-4 is really powerful nuking support build, and this slow buff will further enhance that. I think allies can do enough to not require a 4 points in edict early
Medusa (do we still delay split shot with this rework?) Yes
Terrorblade (early levels of Reflection over maxing mirror image?) No comments, never played him since rework

POGGERS
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-27 21:38:41
April 27 2014 19:48 GMT
#1298
edit
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-27 20:43:43
April 27 2014 19:48 GMT
#1299
Things I'm unsure of is how Ursa will work both in lane & jungle
Jakiro's Skill Build
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-29 21:21:01
April 27 2014 21:37 GMT
#1300
edit
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Prev 1 63 64 65 66 67 371 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 7m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 210
SpeCial 124
ViBE88
Nathanias 61
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 11809
Rain 873
Artosis 644
GuemChi 561
Bale 13
Dota 2
monkeys_forever363
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox767
Mew2King115
Other Games
summit1g6352
Liquid`RaSZi2393
shahzam650
WinterStarcraft471
JimRising 359
C9.Mang0320
Trikslyr58
JuggernautJason13
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick464
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream46
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 96
• musti20045 22
• davetesta7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur30
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
10h 7m
INu's Battles
11h 7m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
13h 7m
OSC
22h 22m
Replay Cast
23h 7m
OSC
1d 23h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.