• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:55
CEST 15:55
KST 22:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7947 users

In-Game Standard Hero Builds Project - Page 60

Forum Index > The Tavern
Post a Reply
Prev 1 58 59 60 61 62 371 Next
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
March 26 2014 15:20 GMT
#1181
Ex-HoN Personality/Pro. Streamer (500-1000 viewers playing dota). Currently 5700mmr or something. I was pretty surprised to see him using guides lol.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
March 26 2014 15:37 GMT
#1182
Oh wow rofl, I recall Giant Bomb also used our guides too!

Did he at least win?
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-26 15:39:55
March 26 2014 15:39 GMT
#1183
They crushed, wasn't close. He was queuing with a phoenix picker though so no wonder.
PS: Aren't Giant Bomb awful? >_>

I think he used it cuz he'd never played jakiro before.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
March 26 2014 15:41 GMT
#1184
Yeah, they are terrible; but it was the only relation I could think between the two (notable people)
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
DrPandaPhD
Profile Joined November 2011
5188 Posts
March 26 2014 16:03 GMT
#1185
Disruptor

imo it's better to go glimpse/thunderstrike->glimpse/thunderstrike->glimpse so you have lvl 2 glimpse at 3. Glimpse is so much more reliable than kinetic field. Then get field at 4 or even sometimes 7/8.

Ghost scepter should definitely be added as situational

Mek feels pretty awful on disruptor. Force/blink -> aghs all the way. Even if aghs is broken I still think rushing aghs just disallow him from catching people which is his strength.

And you massively underrate Urn, that item is so good. So much more than just survivability. Should get one every game as a support tbh. Not just on thrall
리노크 👑
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
March 26 2014 17:17 GMT
#1186
On March 27 2014 00:39 Sn0_Man wrote:
They crushed, wasn't close. He was queuing with a phoenix picker though so no wonder.
PS: Aren't Giant Bomb awful? >_>

I think he used it cuz he'd never played jakiro before.

Of course brad shoemaker is awful, he is a video game reviewer and doesn't have time to play dota as much as he would like. The daily dota, which isn't daily, isn't about high level play. It's about laughing your ass off as brad, crispy and crew try to win. (Crispy is a very good player, but he fucks around a lot, and loves killing couriers)

Plus you see things like Sexy doom shaking his tail feathers.

But I have bee pimping the builds to Brad ever since he had a terrible elder Titan game.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Coil1
Profile Joined January 2013
128 Posts
March 27 2014 04:25 GMT
#1187
On March 27 2014 01:03 DrPandaPhD wrote:
Disruptor

imo it's better to go glimpse/thunderstrike->glimpse/thunderstrike->glimpse so you have lvl 2 glimpse at 3. Glimpse is so much more reliable than kinetic field. Then get field at 4 or even sometimes 7/8.

Ghost scepter should definitely be added as situational

Mek feels pretty awful on disruptor. Force/blink -> aghs all the way. Even if aghs is broken I still think rushing aghs just disallow him from catching people which is his strength.

And you massively underrate Urn, that item is so good. So much more than just survivability. Should get one every game as a support tbh. Not just on thrall

I agree with most of this. I didn't even notice the skill build on disruptor when I did my mass post.
Definitely on the urn part. I kept bugging torte about having soul ring on the bane guide rather than urn.
I don't really have an argument to the mek/force staff debate. I just really prefer going mek for the tank in most situations. Force is a very strong contender too.
LuckoftheIrish
Profile Joined November 2011
United States4791 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-29 01:07:28
March 29 2014 00:49 GMT
#1188
I definitely think Treads on Puck are much better than Arcanes. Phase Shift helps, but with Wand/Arcane at level 11 you don't have 900hp. The stat switching is so helpful since you're rushing bottle in your guide, and the durability is essential without any +stats.
On Twitter @GosuGamers_LotI | Grubby has a huge head!
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
March 29 2014 07:15 GMT
#1189
Woah, Puck should definitely have Treads instead of Arcanes. Mek being extension is also weird, I don't think I've ever seen it on him.
Moderator
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-29 14:02:51
March 29 2014 14:01 GMT
#1190
Puck
Moved Mekansm to Situational Items
Added Magic Wand to Early Game
Removed Arcane Boots
Added Treads to Core Items

Disruptor
New Skill Build: W Q W E W R W Q Q Q R E E E (1. Glimpse 2. Thunderstrike 3. Kinetic Field)
Moved Urn of Shadows to Core Items
Removed Pipe of Insight
Removed Mekansm



I moved Aghanim's to Extension Items on Disruptor because ultimately it does sound good, but the build is pretty situational. I kept Mekansm.

For Puck, I prefer Arcane, but I do die a lot with him and to be honest; without Meka you have enough for your combos. I think Arcane/treads comes down to preference. I'll try a game with Puck with Treads in a bit.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
March 29 2014 15:02 GMT
#1191
Arcanes simply make you faaaaaar too squishy. Tread switch and control more runes.
Moderator
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-29 17:28:40
March 29 2014 17:23 GMT
#1192
On March 27 2014 13:25 Coil1 wrote:
Definitely on the urn part. I kept bugging torte about having soul ring on the bane guide rather than urn.

I'm pretty sure I complained about this since day 1.

If you are mid Bane, you will have items that are redundant with Soul Ring (Bottle, Arcanes) so it will be a waste of money. If you are a support Bane, you can't afford to spend 800 gold on a zero-combat-stats item. The only time you'd consider a Soul Ring is in a few close-but-must-win mid matchups, and those are so rare (given the number of mid matchups that Bane doesn't just crush can basically be counted on 1 hand) as to not be worth mentioning in a guide like this.

On March 27 2014 13:25 Coil1 wrote:
I don't really have an argument to the mek/force staff debate. I just really prefer going mek for the tank in most situations. Force is a very strong contender too.

Mek is a stronger buy on a mid Disruptor, because he will have it faster. Fundamentally there's nothing wrong with the item for Disruptor, it's just that a support Disruptor has pretty underwhelming farming ability and therefore without kills is unlikely to get it early enough. It's more likely that a jungler, more farm-capable support, or mid/off-laner should buy it.

On March 29 2014 16:15 Firebolt145 wrote:
Woah, Puck should definitely have Treads instead of Arcanes. Mek being extension is also weird, I don't think I've ever seen it on him.

Arcane Boots are fine on Puck, they're just for certain kinds of games. The main draw of Treads isn't necessarily the HP, it's that the attack speed tends to contribute pretty considerably to your solo-killing ability compared to any of the other Boots (same reason why Treads are a consideration for mid Lion, but not for support Lions). In a losing game (where being behind in gold/levels means your solo-killing options are limited anyway), Arcane Boots can be fine as you will probably need the mana to defensively farm/counter-push, and in a 1v1 off-lane situation where you may not be able to Bottle-crow comfortably, it's also reasonable as well.
Moderator
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-29 17:26:53
March 29 2014 17:26 GMT
#1193
Urn has been on Bane since 2013.

I'll keep Treads on Puck for now and see how it fairs. I like Arcane on Puck, but I die a whole lot though
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
LuckoftheIrish
Profile Joined November 2011
United States4791 Posts
March 29 2014 17:28 GMT
#1194
On March 29 2014 23:01 Torte de Lini wrote:

For Puck, I prefer Arcane, but I do die a lot with him and to be honest; without Meka you have enough for your combos. I think Arcane/treads comes down to preference. I'll try a game with Puck with Treads in a bit.


I think you can do Arcane, but it has to be itemized a little differently. Mid I always go Treads, but in an offlane I sometimes don't get Bottle if our mid looks like it'll depend on bottle-crowing. I've had decent luck with Arcane/Urn in that situation. It's not that much more expensive than Treads and Bottle and is much more useful to everyone else.
On Twitter @GosuGamers_LotI | Grubby has a huge head!
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
April 01 2014 10:47 GMT
#1195
I will start revising urn on certain heroes tonight.
Wand as well.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-04 06:23:26
April 03 2014 08:02 GMT
#1196
Puck
Moved Mekansm to Situational Items
Added Magic Wand to Early Game
Removed Arcane Boots
Added Treads to Core Items

Disruptor
New Skill Build: W Q W E W R W Q Q Q R E E E (1. Glimpse 2. Thunderstrike 3. Kinetic Field)
Moved Urn of Shadows to Core Items
Removed Pipe of Insight
Removed Mekansm

Centaur Warrunner
Removed Radiance
Moved Shiva's Guard to Extension Items
Added 3x Branches to Starting Items
Added Magic Wand to Early Game

Nightstalker
Removed Gauntlets of Strength
Added Magic Wand to Early Game
(Urn stays in Situational)

Templar Assassin
Added Yasha to Situational Items
Added Sange & Yasha to Situational Items

Sand King
Added Urn of Shadows to Core Items

Ogre Magi
New Skill Build: Q W Q E Q R Q W W W R E E E (1. Fireblast 2. Molotov 3. Bloodlust)
Added Urn of Shadows to Situational Items
Removed Pipe of Insight
Added Ghost Scepter to Situational Items

Vengeful Spirit
Added Urn of Shadows to Situational Items
Removed Drums of Endurance
Moved Force Staff to Core Items

Bloodseeker
Forgot to publish some old changes from March 21st, oops

Chen
Forgot to publish some old changes from March 21st, oops
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-04 06:11:57
April 04 2014 06:06 GMT
#1197
Back to updating, cloud works (:

I have DP with Arcane boots, I don't recall why we did this instead of phase; is it because she has enough movement speed and arcane just has more utility?
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
April 04 2014 06:18 GMT
#1198
Nightstalker starting items strike me a little strange with just a Salve and a Stout. There's no obvious 'best starting items' but I'd be tempted to go Tangos + a couple branches so you can guarantee a fast bottle with a few creep kills, using Void for them if you have to.

I personally prefer Phase over Treads but that's a personal choice.

In an ideal world you'd be able to get Hunter of the Night at level 2 and 4 so you can have two levels in it by your first night at 4 minutes, delaying your silence for later. I'd only really get an early level of silence against heroes such as Puck, QoP, etc. Not quite sure what I'd present as a 'cookie cutter' though.

Regarding Puck, I still feel weird seeing Mek on there at all, even as situational. You also should add a note to Waning Rift that it might be worth maxing it first over Illusory Orb if you're facing heroes that the silence is more useful against, such as Storm. Everything else looks good.

Could add Heaven's Halberd as situational for Centaur.

Disruptor and TA both look perfect to me!
Moderator
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
April 04 2014 06:20 GMT
#1199
On April 04 2014 15:06 Torte de Lini wrote:
Back to updating, cloud works (:

I have DP with Arcane boots, I don't recall why we did this instead of phase; is it because she has enough movement speed and arcane just has more utility?

I personally still prefer Phase but Arcanes are still fine, as long as you don't disassemble them into a Bloodstone because Bloodstone blows on her.
Moderator
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
April 04 2014 06:24 GMT
#1200
Push through a bunch of updates, I want tod o Jakiro because I feel his skill build could change:

W Q Q E Q E Q E E R R W W W

But I have to head to work ):
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Prev 1 58 59 60 61 62 371 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 1088
RotterdaM588
SteadfastSC293
TKL 221
Rex134
CosmosSc2 33
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 588
SteadfastSC 293
TKL 221
Rex 134
CosmosSc2 33
Codebar 25
ProTech1
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 45950
Shuttle 2650
Calm 1505
Jaedong 1150
Horang2 840
Mini 630
actioN 608
EffOrt 569
Soulkey 483
Soma 408
[ Show more ]
Stork 320
Rush 258
Larva 243
BeSt 216
Snow 196
ZerO 182
firebathero 135
Mong 112
Zeus 94
Last 78
910 75
hero 70
Mind 65
Free 64
Hyun 56
Sharp 41
PianO 37
sorry 36
Pusan 34
Shinee 33
JYJ 27
Shine 25
Bale 24
Hm[arnc] 23
ToSsGirL 22
Sexy 22
HiyA 21
Aegong 19
Terrorterran 17
scan(afreeca) 15
Sacsri 12
Noble 11
Rock 8
Icarus 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5196
Dendi1194
Counter-Strike
fl0m1848
Fnx 585
edward41
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King159
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes582
Lowko358
Other Games
singsing2210
olofmeister1625
hiko747
B2W.Neo332
DeMusliM226
Livibee190
Pyrionflax162
Liquid`VortiX139
Khaldor89
Trikslyr75
QueenE66
ZerO(Twitch)12
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1513
Other Games
BasetradeTV156
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream39
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH186
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis1831
• Jankos1594
• TFBlade444
Other Games
• Shiphtur673
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
2h 5m
The PondCast
20h 5m
INu's Battles
21h 5m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 8h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.