• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:37
CEST 16:37
KST 23:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8124 users

Razer Blackwidow no longer detected - Page 2

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 All
Darksylmoran
Profile Joined July 2013
Sweden1 Post
July 23 2013 20:07 GMT
#21
I solved my firmware update in another way.
First the uppdate kills the keyboard and i restarted but nothing, still dead.
Uppdated drivers and so on.
So i tried your way but no same problem.

In pure desperation i started the 2.0 firmware uppdate and noticed No device detected.

Solution was simple... I pressed the Fn key and hold it for about two seconds... And poff the firmware started uppdating.
Note: If you hold the Fn key longer, the install will repeat over and over :D
Win 7 x64 with a Razor Black Widow (Standard)
Beauty is only a shape
Dominokill3r
Profile Joined July 2013
Estonia1 Post
July 31 2013 18:56 GMT
#22
On May 05 2012 05:54 Hinata wrote:
SOLVED !

Hi guys ! Same thing happened to me yesterday with my Razer Blackwidow. It just stopped working in Windows 7.

I finally managed to fix it this evening based on ideas from this web site: http://gevil.wordpress.com/2011/05/28/razer-black-widow-ultimate-firmware-update-failure-and-how-to-solve-it/

I had tried the latests firmware update (Razer_BlackWidow_FirmwareUpdater_v1.08) but it could not detect the keyboard but the following procedure worked :

1. I uninstalled everything (BlackWidow software and firmware update)
2. download an old firmware version and installed it (v1.05 from http://www.razersupport.com/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=viewdownload&downloaditemid=531)
3. at that moment your keyboard should be detected in the Windows device manager as a Razer Bootloader
4. launch the firmware update program... it detects the keyboard, flash and reset it.
5. YES !! blue leds are back... keyboard is working !!!

Gratz .. you got your keyboard back

Hopes that helps !

Thank You a million times I thought my keyboard was dead forever <3
Lova Ya!
randomcrap
Profile Joined August 2013
Canada1 Post
Last Edited: 2013-08-14 23:05:02
August 14 2013 23:01 GMT
#23
Intensity X
Profile Joined October 2013
United States1 Post
October 24 2013 07:39 GMT
#24
I need help with my blackwidow ultimate. it was working perfectly since today then i decided to restart my computer. after the boot my keyboard cant be detected. i tried all usb ports, nothing. it just says "usb unable to recognize" and i think my keyboard is dead. iv tried the firmware update, cant be detected, i tried the hold fn key, no help. is there any repair shop that i can go to to have this keyboard fixed? near LA area
SilverSeraph
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada5 Posts
November 15 2013 01:21 GMT
#25
On July 24 2013 05:07 Darksylmoran wrote:
I solved my firmware update in another way.
First the uppdate kills the keyboard and i restarted but nothing, still dead.
Uppdated drivers and so on.
So i tried your way but no same problem.

In pure desperation i started the 2.0 firmware uppdate and noticed No device detected.

Solution was simple... I pressed the Fn key and hold it for about two seconds... And poff the firmware started uppdating.
Note: If you hold the Fn key longer, the install will repeat over and over :D
Win 7 x64 with a Razor Black Widow (Standard)


OH man this worked for me! Thanks alot! I thought I lost my baby for good.
nicco
Profile Joined January 2012
Canada11 Posts
January 14 2014 18:58 GMT
#26
I managed to get my mouse to detect using my black widow pass through by going into bios and disabling Intel XHCI in USB Configuration. Hope this helps anyone having this issue!
Headshot
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1656 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-23 03:14:42
March 23 2015 02:30 GMT
#27
I have the Black Widow Ultimate and today when I unplugged it to clean and plugged it back in, it won't light up or work anymore. I have a Razr Chroma mouse that is plugged into a USB on my Black Widow, which lights up and works, but the keyboard itself won't work at all.

It isn't appearing under my keyboard devices, but under USB it shows up as Razr bootloader, but it says its completely updated. How do I go about starting the firmware 2.0 udpate? Someone please help.

I tried plugging it into another computer, but it still didn't wasn't recognized for some reason and wouldn't work. What the fuck is going on? Argh.
-
asknask
Profile Joined March 2015
Pakistan1 Post
March 31 2015 19:55 GMT
#28
On March 23 2015 11:30 Headshot wrote:
I have the Black Widow Ultimate and today when I unplugged it to clean and plugged it back in, it won't light up or work anymore. I have a Razr Chroma mouse that is plugged into a USB on my Black Widow, which lights up and works, but the keyboard itself won't work at all.

It isn't appearing under my keyboard devices, but under USB it shows up as Razr bootloader, but it says its completely updated. How do I go about starting the firmware 2.0 udpate? Someone please help.

I tried plugging it into another computer, but it still didn't wasn't recognized for some reason and wouldn't work. What the fuck is going on? Argh.


Hey, I just registered here to help you fix you keyboard I faced the same problem a while ago and fixed it after a bit of searching.

Here's what you need to do.

Pre 1. Uninstall all Razer crap. Restart. Download a fresh copy of Synapse: http://www.razerzone.com/synapse/

1. Unplug the keyboard.

2. Download this: http://www.userdrivers.com/Keyboard-Mouse/Razer-BlackWidow-Keyboard-Firmware-Updater-2-05-03-for-Windows-XP-Vista-7-8-x86-x64/download/

3. Exit Synapse. Run the above program. Press 'Next' (or whatever it says)

4. Hold down the Fn key on your keyboard and plug it in.

5. The update process will start (and end) quickly.

6. Run Synapse. It will take a while to update. Follow instructions, restart.

Your keyboard might start working at step 5 too (I don't remember if the Synapse update is necessary. I think it is).

Anyway, once you do all of the above, your keyboard will be brought back to life.

P.S. Remember, this will only work if your keyboard was detected in bootloader mode my the device manager.
lothrodel
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1 Post
April 02 2015 18:55 GMT
#29
On April 01 2015 04:55 asknask wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 23 2015 11:30 Headshot wrote:
I have the Black Widow Ultimate and today when I unplugged it to clean and plugged it back in, it won't light up or work anymore. I have a Razr Chroma mouse that is plugged into a USB on my Black Widow, which lights up and works, but the keyboard itself won't work at all.

It isn't appearing under my keyboard devices, but under USB it shows up as Razr bootloader, but it says its completely updated. How do I go about starting the firmware 2.0 udpate? Someone please help.

I tried plugging it into another computer, but it still didn't wasn't recognized for some reason and wouldn't work. What the fuck is going on? Argh.


Hey, I just registered here to help you fix you keyboard I faced the same problem a while ago and fixed it after a bit of searching.

Here's what you need to do.

Pre 1. Uninstall all Razer crap. Restart. Download a fresh copy of Synapse: http://www.razerzone.com/synapse/

1. Unplug the keyboard.

2. Download this: http://www.userdrivers.com/Keyboard-Mouse/Razer-BlackWidow-Keyboard-Firmware-Updater-2-05-03-for-Windows-XP-Vista-7-8-x86-x64/download/

3. Exit Synapse. Run the above program. Press 'Next' (or whatever it says)

4. Hold down the Fn key on your keyboard and plug it in.

5. The update process will start (and end) quickly.

6. Run Synapse. It will take a while to update. Follow instructions, restart.

Your keyboard might start working at step 5 too (I don't remember if the Synapse update is necessary. I think it is).

Anyway, once you do all of the above, your keyboard will be brought back to life.

P.S. Remember, this will only work if your keyboard was detected in bootloader mode my the device manager.

I did everything you said but when it comes to plugging my keyboard it says hardware not detected. I did press the function key but nothing happened. What exactly i should uninstall? Just razor stuff from program manager or do i have to go specific directory to uninstall additional stuff?
Abosaad
Profile Joined May 2015
1 Post
May 09 2015 16:58 GMT
#30
I just got this problem and I easily fixed it by doing what Hinata said, but I didn't need to download an old version of the Razer firmware.

1. Uninstall averything Razer related( if you use Razer mouse too, don't worry it will still work)
2. Download Razer synapse and wait until it updates.
3. Restart your computer(as it says when you finish the update to the program)
Link to the software: https://razerdrivers.s3.amazonaws.com/drivers/Synapse2/win/Razer_Synapse_Framework_v1.18.19.25502.exe


That's it, you are good to go.
I hope this helps you
Djakzz
Profile Joined July 2015
1 Post
Last Edited: 2015-07-01 19:19:29
July 01 2015 13:48 GMT
#31
Hey guys,

I'm just bumping this thread up, since yesterday, something similar happened to me.

For the story : My keyboard was working perfectly fine, it is probably the best gaming keyboard i've ever had. I went afk for a good three hours, watching TV. None went on my computer or anything, so I assume no weird command or key pressing happened. I came back to the computer, and I noticed my BlackWidow Ultimate Chroma just stopped working. Just like that, it was dead in my hand. So I spent a good 7 hours looking around the internets, I tried everything I found on this thread and others, and sadly, nothing worked for me...

The problem seems to be that my keyboard isnt even recognized as a Razer Bootloader. I tried to plug it in my girlfriend's computer, it didn't recognized it at all, the computer even refused to start with a lovely "Keyboard error" message in the BIOS.

The only place it seems to be bearly recognized is on my girlfriend's tablet. I plug it in, and it recognizes it as an "unknown USB device".

Do you guys have any idea how to get it back to life ? Or is it dead for good and I can sit on my 200€ ?



------------------------------------------

EDIT : I found out how to make it work again. I plugged it in a computer at work wich has an USB 3.0 plug (the blue ones). The keyboard immediatly came back to life. So I brought it home and now it works again. But now it randomly shut down and I have to plug it in the USB 3.0 at work again to make it work again. Razer pls.
Draddock
Profile Joined September 2015
1 Post
September 07 2015 03:23 GMT
#32
For people who still have this problem, I tried both the methods listed in this thread, however neither worked. When it was at the stage to use the firmware to update the keyboard, it was never recognizing the device.

I found the problem is because my Razer Blackwidow ULTIMATE was the old edition (2012 or 2013) that uses blue backlighting instead of green, and the firmware updaters linked were not the right ones that I needed.

The firmware that fixed the problem for me was found at . . .
http://www.filehelp.info/drivers/firmware/razer/razer-blackwidow-ultimate-keyboard-firmware-2-05-03/download

Because this is the one for the Blackwidow ULTIMATE!
Cmgbax
Profile Joined February 2017
5 Posts
March 05 2017 19:30 GMT
#33
On May 19 2012 02:28 sc2tycho wrote:
I was having the same issues, but I just now found a very easy fix. I don't know if it's temporary/permanent, but my Blackwidow is working perfectly now. All I did was open task manager, scrolled down to razerhid.exe in processes, and ended the process. Keyboard instantly gets recognized, light turns on, etc. I'll post back here if it turns out to be a band-aid fix.

This guy saved my life since 2012 and this is 2017. LOL
Fedora Bean
Profile Joined August 2017
1 Post
August 05 2017 21:31 GMT
#34
Solved

Punch your keyboard one-three times and re plug it worked for my friend
thecake123
Profile Joined February 2020
1 Post
February 20 2020 07:50 GMT
#35
Hey,

I joined this thread because to my Keyboard (razer Blackwidow Chroma v1) happend the same thing. I tried every solution above nothing helped I even tried out the hitting part because I'm so frustrated. I hope someone is still in this thread
SkyH1gh
Profile Joined October 2020
1 Post
October 11 2020 11:35 GMT
#36
FIxed?

User was warned for this post.
DeansConnector
Profile Joined November 2020
1 Post
November 13 2020 07:52 GMT
#37
Just made an account because I've tried everything in this thread and nothing has worked. It said "razer bootloader" for a while but now I've managed to get it to say "Razer Blackwidow Chroma" But it still has no lights or response and plays a disconnect noise after 10 minutes until I click FN in which it will then play a reconnect noise. In Device Manager it says "Device cannot start. (Code 10). Please help
Prev 1 2 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 389
ProTech148
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 32754
Bisu 3063
Shuttle 1731
Hyuk 1311
EffOrt 718
Mini 696
Larva 361
Soma 282
ZerO 259
firebathero 234
[ Show more ]
Zeus 100
hero 92
Last 85
Sexy 70
Hyun 43
Mong 40
Killer 40
Pusan 35
Trap 35
ToSsGirL 34
Bale 33
PianO 32
Aegong 28
Hm[arnc] 28
sorry 20
zelot 18
Rock 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
JulyZerg 8
Noble 8
Sacsri 7
Icarus 7
Terrorterran 1
Dota 2
Gorgc7423
qojqva1440
Dendi835
Counter-Strike
fl0m2210
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1355
crisheroes937
Liquid`Hasu575
Lowko450
Other Games
singsing2636
B2W.Neo1372
Beastyqt393
Livibee207
Hui .189
Liquid`VortiX161
KnowMe87
ArmadaUGS86
Mew2King84
elazer64
CosmosSc2 24
ZerO(Twitch)8
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream68
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 41
• Adnapsc2 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 13
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 9058
• WagamamaTV181
League of Legends
• Jankos1924
Upcoming Events
FEL
1h 24m
AI Arena Tournament
2h 24m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4h 24m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19h 24m
INu's Battles
21h 24m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 19h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 20h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.