• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:19
CEST 06:19
KST 13:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8247 users

Simple Questions Simple Answers - Page 277

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 275 276 277 278 279 653 Next
teamamerica
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States958 Posts
February 12 2013 13:01 GMT
#5521
twitch.tv (all streams, including VoDs) has been loading really slowly for me lately. As per speedtest.com I should have between 10 and 20Mbps (and the ping varies wildly from 30 to 180 ms). Watching youtube & netflix are both fine without buffering. I'm running Windows 8 with the latest intel drivers. I've had tons of problems with wifi and windows 8 - it's slower than I had in Windows 7 (same laptop) and has a tendency to randomly disconnect and reconnect to the same network.

So three questions:
1) any reason why my ping varies so much over running speedtest repeatedly over a few minutes (reaching same server any time)

2) could my roommate have some settings on his asus router that slows down twitch (there's no one else on network atm though so even if it were some QoS thing?)

3) is there any reason that my wifi is awful in windows 8 and, can I fix it?
RIP GOMTV. RIP PROLEAGUE.
Rachnar
Profile Joined October 2010
France1526 Posts
February 12 2013 13:09 GMT
#5522
What is the best mobile support for watching videos regarding battery life?

I would like to get one for pretty cheap (no more then 300€ if possible)
"What if it's a triple DK ?" "Then we cry" "Prepare your handkerchief then ..."
stevistoned
Profile Joined February 2013
2 Posts
February 12 2013 16:36 GMT
#5523
hey,
in the lategame my fps drop till the game dosent run fluid anymore.
is one of those obv. much weaker than the rest so that id would be enought to only replace 1 part?
1) Intel Core2 duo CPU 3 GhZ 2) 4GB SSD RAM 3) Gefroce GT 430 1GB DDR3
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
February 12 2013 16:53 GMT
#5524
Nothing really, sorry.

GT430 is a very very weak card (i assume you are playing on low or something if not, try it) so you would probably have to replace it to run things well, which might involve replacing PSU etc - but the CPU is not good at all either and replacing it would involve new motherboard, RAM etc.
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
stevistoned
Profile Joined February 2013
2 Posts
February 12 2013 17:09 GMT
#5525
ok thank you. just wanned to aks this befor i buy a whole new pc if maybe replacing only the graficcark would have been sufficent.
a176
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada6688 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-12 19:39:04
February 12 2013 17:21 GMT
#5526
On February 13 2013 02:09 stevistoned wrote:
ok thank you. just wanned to aks this befor i buy a whole new pc if maybe replacing only the graficcark would have been sufficent.


sc2 fps relies more on cpu than video card. especially towards late game with many units. if you drop graphics options to low and you still get slow fps in late game then you will probably need newer cpu new computer.
starleague forever
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
February 12 2013 17:49 GMT
#5527
I would indeed say that, but the gt430, its a several years old $30 card, no suprise if it contributes to sucking
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
dynwar7
Profile Joined May 2011
1983 Posts
February 13 2013 06:16 GMT
#5528
I am looking forward to Hots, But concerned if my computer can play it. I am not computer savvy, I dont know my computers specs, perhaps just the basic ones.

So, is the requirement for Hots very similar to Wol? If so that I can be pretty happy because likely I can play hots if I can play wol right? There shouldnt be massive difference right?
Regarding the imbalance, hilarious to see Zergs defending themselves....
skyR
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada13817 Posts
February 13 2013 06:18 GMT
#5529
If you can play WoL then you will be able to play HotS.
HappyShepard
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany41 Posts
February 14 2013 17:18 GMT
#5530
So, I want to buy the QPAD QH-90 Headset. Since I always was using Headsets with USB sound chips I dont have a sound card. It's a 100€ Headset and I don't know if onboard sound is sufficient. I also only have 1 PCIe slot, thus I would need to get a PCI sound card. What do you guys think?
gillon
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Sweden1578 Posts
February 14 2013 18:10 GMT
#5531
Regarding DPI vs CPI on mice;

I'm about to change to a Steelseries mouse which uses CPI instead of DPI as measurement. I want to have the CPI that's equal in value to 800 DPI. How would I go about getting this?
www.teamproperty.net | "You should hate losing, but you should never fear defeat." - 이윤열
Pucca
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Taiwan1280 Posts
February 14 2013 19:18 GMT
#5532
I've noticed an issue with my computer. It seems when I stream anything that runs on multiple cores (IE 2) and I just to record / stream with xSplit I get massive FPS reduction. I have a triple core processor 3.2Ghz and 4GB of RAM.

Is this because I need 4 cores instead of 3? Thanks!
Master Chief
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-14 20:21:56
February 14 2013 20:19 GMT
#5533
On February 15 2013 03:10 gillon wrote:
Regarding DPI vs CPI on mice;

I'm about to change to a Steelseries mouse which uses CPI instead of DPI as measurement. I want to have the CPI that's equal in value to 800 DPI. How would I go about getting this?


DPI and CPI are the exact same thing

On February 15 2013 04:18 Pucca wrote:
I've noticed an issue with my computer. It seems when I stream anything that runs on multiple cores (IE 2) and I just to record / stream with xSplit I get massive FPS reduction. I have a triple core processor 3.2Ghz and 4GB of RAM.

Is this because I need 4 cores instead of 3? Thanks!


It's expected to lose a lot of performance, try out OBS for slightly better game performance

Your CPU is most likely an Athlon II x3 which is a really poor performer relative to recent CPU's, "ghz" and core counts mean very little in terms of performance.This might enlighten you some, the Phenom II x4 695 BE (a CPU better than yours in every way) against the 3570k, which has the same amount of cores and runs at the same clock speed.

Poor CPU performance means you cant push up resolution*fps encoding settings etc without loading the CPU too much, but much much more importantly it means the game will run much much worse, streaming program or not. The performance loss from any streaming program being active is just icing on the cake
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Taefox
Profile Joined March 2010
1533 Posts
February 14 2013 20:38 GMT
#5534
I'm going to build a new computer with around $500 budget, I wonder if I could play HotS with 60 fps medium with it ? And which graphic cards or CPU should i focus ?
Thanks
@taefoxy
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
February 14 2013 20:55 GMT
#5535
Playing with 60fps on medium at the start of the game is extremely easy, yet no system on the planet will have >30fps minimum FPS in 1v1 on stock settings.. you kinda need clearer performance goals
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Mondieu
Profile Joined November 2011
Romania803 Posts
February 15 2013 10:02 GMT
#5536
I hope this belongs here. I just got a new laptop and I'm not sure if I should get Windows 8 or use Windows 7. It's mostly for games.
Rannasha
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Netherlands2398 Posts
February 15 2013 10:16 GMT
#5537
On February 15 2013 19:02 Mondieu wrote:
I hope this belongs here. I just got a new laptop and I'm not sure if I should get Windows 8 or use Windows 7. It's mostly for games.


Either will be fine. Windows 8 is a tiny bit faster with things like booting and such, but comes with the annoying new interface (which you can mostly circumvent with third party tools). For actual ingame performance it shouldn't matter which you pick.
Such flammable little insects!
Mowr
Profile Joined November 2010
Sweden791 Posts
February 15 2013 11:19 GMT
#5538
A lot of games have these settings where you sholud choose what kind of connection you have (DSL, Cable etc). Does it really make a difference if you don't choose the most correct one?
Kill one man and they'll call you a murderer. Kill an army of men and they'll call you a general. But kill all men and they'll call you a god.
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
February 15 2013 13:15 GMT
#5539
On February 15 2013 19:02 Mondieu wrote:
I hope this belongs here. I just got a new laptop and I'm not sure if I should get Windows 8 or use Windows 7. It's mostly for games.

Most likely Windows 7. Windows 8 is pretty heavily disliked by PC users.
twitch.tv/cratonz
Rannasha
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Netherlands2398 Posts
February 15 2013 13:32 GMT
#5540
On February 15 2013 20:19 Mowr wrote:
A lot of games have these settings where you sholud choose what kind of connection you have (DSL, Cable etc). Does it really make a difference if you don't choose the most correct one?


No. These type of settings were typically used to differentiate between dialup and broadband connections. DSL and cable, while different in technical implementation, are both low-latency high-bandwidth connections that can handle whatever a game wants to throw at it.
Such flammable little insects!
Prev 1 275 276 277 278 279 653 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 41m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 243
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 591
Larva 335
Leta 66
NaDa 48
TT1 23
Icarus 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm224
League of Legends
JimRising 706
Other Games
summit1g10283
WinterStarcraft448
Mew2King101
ViBE85
ArmadaUGS53
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1356
BasetradeTV263
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream118
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta33
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki23
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota255
League of Legends
• Rush1125
• Lourlo839
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5h 41m
INu's Battles
7h 41m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
10h 41m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 41m
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 41m
Replay Cast
18h 41m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 6h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 11h
Replay Cast
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.