• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:02
CEST 22:02
KST 05:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9717 users

Simple Questions Simple Answers - Page 278

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 276 277 278 279 280 653 Next
Ropid
Profile Joined March 2009
Germany3557 Posts
February 15 2013 13:50 GMT
#5541
On February 15 2013 19:02 Mondieu wrote:
I hope this belongs here. I just got a new laptop and I'm not sure if I should get Windows 8 or use Windows 7. It's mostly for games.

I'd choose whatever is cheaper. Windows 8, if you don't like what they have done with the desktop, you can mostly work around that, but it'll be annoying on the first day or week or so, until you set up everything. It feels a little bit snappier than Windows 7, though I may be imagining that.
"My goal is to replace my soul with coffee and become immortal."
nihlon
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden5581 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-15 14:49:34
February 15 2013 14:49 GMT
#5542
I'd get windows 8 if it isn't more expensive. You don't need to make much adjustments if you just chose to ignore the metro interface. I basically only use it to search for programs, otherwise I spend like 99 % of my time at the desktop view which is very similar to windows 7.
Banelings are too cute to blow up
Foxwolf
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Brazil157 Posts
February 15 2013 21:34 GMT
#5543
I've been having a connection problem lately - last 2 months maybe? - on both games WoL and HotS. Basically I start to search for a game on ladder, the usual waiting time then exactly when I find a match it 'stops'. The countdown to the game doesn't start. And the little thing that shows 'searching 1v1' simply goes off. After that I have to wait a while to search for another game cause it gives me the message "You cannot enter the matchmaking queue because your status has been locked." when I press find match. There is nothing in my match history, but I'm losing ladder positions.

Help?
Rachnar
Profile Joined October 2010
France1526 Posts
February 15 2013 22:17 GMT
#5544
On February 12 2013 22:09 Rachnar wrote:
What is the best mobile support for watching videos regarding battery life?

I would like to get one for pretty cheap (no more then 300€ if possible)


little up for my post please :p

i might put a little bit more money into it if a laptop might be the right answer and would support light gaming (sc2 on low, as well as other non very exigeant games on low)
"What if it's a triple DK ?" "Then we cry" "Prepare your handkerchief then ..."
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-16 05:09:53
February 16 2013 05:09 GMT
#5545
Tablets and some notebooks can both have pretty long battery life w/ videos.
twitch.tv/cratonz
Rachnar
Profile Joined October 2010
France1526 Posts
February 16 2013 11:02 GMT
#5546
Yes but which model in particuliar then would be the best?
"What if it's a triple DK ?" "Then we cry" "Prepare your handkerchief then ..."
Myrmidon
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States9452 Posts
February 16 2013 19:28 GMT
#5547
What kind of video content? From where? Local files, disk, streaming, video site?

I would suggest not any notebook in that price range (and up to double the price range), unless screen and video quality are irrelevant, or other factors are overwhelming.

On about 300€ the larger tablets with largest batteries may be out of price range. For example, see at the bottom here, Nexus 7 (which is in budget) as compared to some others:
http://www.anandtech.com/show/6528/samsung-ativ-tab-review-qualcomms-first-windows-rt-tablet/3

decent but not nearly the best.
Rachnar
Profile Joined October 2010
France1526 Posts
February 16 2013 20:05 GMT
#5548
Local files primarily.

It will mainly be used for flight travels which i'll do more or less every 2 weeks now on so ... Want a way to make them as confortable as possible
I don't mind spending more if it's worth it. I would like at lest 4 hours of batterly life while watching videos, 5-6 would be perfect.

But after looking at that link, it seems tablets have way more battery life then i imagined... But i'd need more then 64gb of space though.

Is there a compromise between netbooks storage capacity and tablets batterly life? :p
"What if it's a triple DK ?" "Then we cry" "Prepare your handkerchief then ..."
Myrmidon
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States9452 Posts
February 16 2013 20:19 GMT
#5549
That's what you get when you're driving a smaller display, low-power SoC rather than processor and southbridge and all sorts of accessory chips, no hard drive, can use less RAM, etc.

On February 17 2013 05:05 Rachnar wrote:
Is there a compromise between netbooks storage capacity and tablets batterly life? :p

Tablet with microSD card slot? Swap storage on the fly?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_tablet_computers
Rachnar
Profile Joined October 2010
France1526 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-16 20:31:39
February 16 2013 20:31 GMT
#5550
Hhhhmmm, then yes that would seem best. Thanks for all the help.

So the Google Nexus 7 would be the best for my needs?
"What if it's a triple DK ?" "Then we cry" "Prepare your handkerchief then ..."
Myrmidon
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States9452 Posts
February 16 2013 21:07 GMT
#5551
No, check the above. There's no microSD slot!

They don't even have one on the Nexus 10. I guess Google wants you to put media content in the cloud, which ironically is difficult if you are literally flying through the clouds.
Rachnar
Profile Joined October 2010
France1526 Posts
February 16 2013 21:25 GMT
#5552
lol ok

i just checked out some other ones, how does the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 do regarding battery life? Or Acer Iconia Tab A210?

Both are within my price range
"What if it's a triple DK ?" "Then we cry" "Prepare your handkerchief then ..."
XpNc
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Spain64 Posts
February 17 2013 00:15 GMT
#5553
I have 2 gb of RAM will 2 more gb increase my FPS?
57 Corvette
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada5941 Posts
February 18 2013 03:52 GMT
#5554
So someone with an IP adress 24.6.87.203 just tried to send me a ping of death (according to my router) VIA port 14496.

Does anyone happen to know what that port is?
Survival is winning, everything else is bullshit.
Rollin
Profile Joined March 2011
Australia1552 Posts
February 18 2013 06:22 GMT
#5555
On February 17 2013 09:15 XpNc wrote:
I have 2 gb of RAM will 2 more gb increase my FPS?

You need to give other specs. Is this for starcraft?
Throw off those chains of reason, and your prison disappears. | Check your posting frequency timeline: http://www.teamliquid.net/mytlnet/post_activity_img.php
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-19 03:39:13
February 19 2013 01:38 GMT
#5556
If I were to plug a 4-drive external bay into a WNDR4300, would it be able to recognize all the drives / files and make them usable through ReadySHARE?

On February 17 2013 06:07 Myrmidon wrote:
No, check the above. There's no microSD slot!

They don't even have one on the Nexus 10. I guess Google wants you to put media content in the cloud, which ironically is difficult if you are literally flying through the clouds.

Just plug a USB into a cloud as you fly past.

On February 17 2013 09:15 XpNc wrote:
I have 2 gb of RAM will 2 more gb increase my FPS?

Probably not.
twitch.tv/cratonz
LoLAdriankat
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4307 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-19 06:27:07
February 19 2013 06:16 GMT
#5557
Can a device with a bad wireless connection lag the router?

I can use Netflix perfectly fine on my PS3 and computers (all wired) without causing the network to lag. However, when I watch Netflix on my smart TV, which is connected wirelessly to the router approx. 25 feet away through one wall, I start experiencing lag spikes on my games.

Using Netgear WNR3500L flashed with DD-WRT.

Edit
Found out that my TX power is too high (at 71, WNR3500l should be running at 41). Not sure if that makes any difference but worth knowing I guess.
Myrmidon
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States9452 Posts
February 19 2013 07:23 GMT
#5558
Yeah, too high transmission power can reduce performance, as you're driving the amplifier into saturation (or close), meaning it starts to get nonlinear and mess up the orthogonality of the subcarriers and so on. As for whether that actually affects the network performance, I don't really know.

I'd think these cheaper consumer gear might just actually FIFO or similar and actually only process one packet at a time (?), so if a transaction gets stalled because of requiring retransmissions, maybe it's blocking other traffic from passing through in the meantime? Actually I don't know what their behavior is at all. But it's unusual for a wireless connection to be on the edge of working, where retransmissions are required frequently and yet the thing still works.
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
February 20 2013 05:40 GMT
#5559
If I have a monitor that natively supports display port and I use a male/male cable to connect to a PC, would it work as a 3rd or 4th monitor without needing any kind of adapter (like how a DVI to DPort needs the active adapter)?
twitch.tv/cratonz
Chairman Ray
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States11903 Posts
February 20 2013 05:56 GMT
#5560
Having problems with my sc2 patcher. My patcher went to about 70%ish, and then stopped patching. After restarting it, I get the error that I don't have enough disk space. I followed the troubleshooting guild on bnet, and by starting the Secondary Logon service and disabling my antivirus, it worked again. However when I open the launcher it is just stuck at 50%. I tried killing the launcher and then restarting it, didn't work. Any way to clean up the patch and restart it, or do a standalone patch?
Prev 1 276 277 278 279 280 653 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O110
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason178
BRAT_OK 54
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15310
Artosis 791
Mini 237
ZZZero.O 110
Mind 76
Hyun 38
Bale 25
NaDa 23
Dota 2
qojqva2563
420jenkins586
League of Legends
Doublelift1979
Counter-Strike
Fnx 550
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5992
Khaldor1272
Liquid`Hasu1016
MindelVK12
Other Games
summit1g6586
FrodaN2131
B2W.Neo744
byalli303
ToD254
Railgan37
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1299
BasetradeTV269
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream43
StarCraft 2
angryscii 34
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 36
• Adnapsc2 33
• Reevou 11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 26
• Azhi_Dahaki25
• FirePhoenix9
• FT.aCt)Sony2
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie926
• Shiphtur262
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
2h 58m
Afreeca Starleague
13h 58m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
14h 58m
Monday Night Weeklies
19h 58m
Replay Cast
1d 2h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 13h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 14h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.