• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:54
CEST 15:54
KST 22:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9317 users

Simple Questions Simple Answers - Page 279

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 277 278 279 280 281 653 Next
Emnjay808
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States10666 Posts
February 20 2013 06:20 GMT
#5561
Is there a reliable trustworthy site I can get a Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit copy to burn into my disk so I can reinstall Windows 7 for my mom's computer.

I got a copy from PC-world site and I think this version of Windows 7 is incomplete: It has a weird resolution setting, no wireless connection options, and no aero features.
Skol
skyR
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada13817 Posts
February 20 2013 06:55 GMT
#5562
http://www.mydigitallife.info/download-windows-7-iso-official-32-bit-and-64-bit-direct-download-links/
Synapze
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada563 Posts
February 20 2013 08:45 GMT
#5563
Hey guys I'm trying to find a program/software that will allow me to DRAW on my screen while I'm streaming to give a play by play analysis like football/mlg highlight style.

I'm trying to go over some Counterstrike strats with my team and this would be ideally what I want.
Yuri Victoria LMJ ~♥
skyR
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada13817 Posts
February 20 2013 08:56 GMT
#5564
Ink 2 Go?
sc2system
Profile Joined February 2012
Bangladesh55 Posts
February 20 2013 10:30 GMT
#5565
I want to transfer my bought computer to a different motherboard. Anything I should watch out for?
lost_artz
Profile Joined January 2012
United States366 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-20 11:18:54
February 20 2013 11:12 GMT
#5566
Is there a way to remove the SC2 Logo from taskbar in windows 7?

I try to right click and nothing pops up yet if I left click it opens up SC2. If I click right anything else on the taskbar I can chose to remove it however I cannot with the SC2 icon.

----

If I add a new SC2 icon to the taskbar I am capable of removing that one but not the one I already had.

-----

Nevermind - apprently it was the public test one that couldn't be removed. IDFK why but it's gone now
Soupman815
Profile Joined March 2012
3 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-20 11:44:29
February 20 2013 11:13 GMT
#5567
Post Moved.
enanoretozon
Profile Joined March 2012
Panama57 Posts
February 20 2013 22:32 GMT
#5568
Hello, my question is about these forums:

Often on posts people refer each other to the Simple Questions and Answers posts. However, such threads have frequently several hundred pages, making it hell to find anything. So my question is, how do you search efficiently for text within a specific thread?
Rachnar
Profile Joined October 2010
France1526 Posts
February 20 2013 22:35 GMT
#5569
On February 17 2013 06:25 Rachnar wrote:
lol ok

i just checked out some other ones, how does the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 do regarding battery life? Or Acer Iconia Tab A210?

Both are within my price range


myrmidon? :p
"What if it's a triple DK ?" "Then we cry" "Prepare your handkerchief then ..."
Myrmidon
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States9452 Posts
February 20 2013 23:58 GMT
#5570
On February 21 2013 07:35 Rachnar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2013 06:25 Rachnar wrote:
lol ok

i just checked out some other ones, how does the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 do regarding battery life? Or Acer Iconia Tab A210?

Both are within my price range


myrmidon? :p

Beats me.

Check reviews. Which Galaxy Tab 2? 7" or 10"?

Failing that, guess based on the SoC used and listed capacity of the battery. Without checking reviews, I'd say Iconia Tab A210 might have worse battery life while doing intensive stuff, as it's got an Nvidia Tegra 3. If you're a competitor (e.g. Intel sending a demo to AnandTech) setting up a power consumption demo, you pit your product up against Tegra 3, which is somewhat powerful but somewhat dated and the 4 cores don't help for power consumption when not doing simple tasks the companion low-power 5th core can handle by itself.
Rachnar
Profile Joined October 2010
France1526 Posts
February 21 2013 16:05 GMT
#5571
Ok, and i was more thinking of the 10" as the 7" doesn't have a 720p screen
"What if it's a triple DK ?" "Then we cry" "Prepare your handkerchief then ..."
minitelemaster
Profile Joined May 2011
United States95 Posts
February 22 2013 00:09 GMT
#5572
SC2 lag issue:

Normally, I get 20up and 4down with 10ms ping to the nearest server, courtesy of speedtest.net.

However, ONLY when 2 or more computers on the lan are in the same SC2 game (for 2v2, 3v3, 4v4), the internet quality suffers terribly. According to speedtest.net, the connection degrades to 500ms ping, 0.3up and 0.2down. This lag affects all 4 computers on the network, even if only 2 of them are in a game. I have no idea why computers not on SC2 would be effected.

Background info:

Recently switched to a linksys-cisco E2500 N600 router to improve wireless range. There are 4 computers on the lan, 2 of which first go through a TrendNet network switch. There was never a problem with the old netgear WNR1000 router working with team SC2 games. I have not tried port forwarding as of yet, as assigning static ip addresses would be a pain, and I don't know if this would fix the issue. Thanks for any help, and let me know if more info is required!
Bite my shiny metal @$$
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
February 24 2013 08:55 GMT
#5573
Are you using wireless for all of them?
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Deleted User 109835
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
629 Posts
February 24 2013 21:16 GMT
#5574
--- Nuked ---
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-24 21:21:25
February 24 2013 21:20 GMT
#5575
Used to be fine but over time I've had to drop to medium and now I'm playing on low settings just to keep 60fps


You're not holding 60fps lategame (not even half of that if you get a stressful enough 1v1 situation - maybe 20fps) so where are you comparing it with? Do you have benchmarks before and after, or are you just thinking you have less FPS? Because its very common to not stare at meters constantly and to mis-estimate FPS, and to percieve less performance after a long time of playing something even if it's the same. I compare FPS usually for quick snapshots at the same place on an Ohana replay paused at 1 second - it gives me about 450fps, but my minimum FPS in large engagements with broodlords and cloaking field dips under 25 with slight freezes, and i have lots of data for performance because i have used checks like this for a long time

Check your CPU and GPU temperatures and clock speeds while running sc2 in a replay after deleting variables.txt in your documents/sc2 and documents/sc2/account folder
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Infernal_dream
Profile Joined September 2011
United States2359 Posts
February 24 2013 22:54 GMT
#5576
On February 22 2013 09:09 minitelemaster wrote:
SC2 lag issue:

Normally, I get 20up and 4down with 10ms ping to the nearest server, courtesy of speedtest.net.

However, ONLY when 2 or more computers on the lan are in the same SC2 game (for 2v2, 3v3, 4v4), the internet quality suffers terribly. According to speedtest.net, the connection degrades to 500ms ping, 0.3up and 0.2down. This lag affects all 4 computers on the network, even if only 2 of them are in a game. I have no idea why computers not on SC2 would be effected.

Background info:

Recently switched to a linksys-cisco E2500 N600 router to improve wireless range. There are 4 computers on the lan, 2 of which first go through a TrendNet network switch. There was never a problem with the old netgear WNR1000 router working with team SC2 games. I have not tried port forwarding as of yet, as assigning static ip addresses would be a pain, and I don't know if this would fix the issue. Thanks for any help, and let me know if more info is required!


Are you sure none of these computers have anything extra on them? Aka viruses or trojans that would leech your internet? Could just be your router is shitty at handling packets when the extra 2 come online.
minitelemaster
Profile Joined May 2011
United States95 Posts
February 25 2013 17:45 GMT
#5577
On February 24 2013 17:55 Cyro wrote:
Are you using wireless for all of them?


No, they are all hardwired to the router. Also, I've tried my old router again, which used to work fine, but it now has the same issue. I think it may be something to do with the new SC2 patch. I only get lag when multiple computers are in the exact same game on SC2, otherwise everything works fine.
Bite my shiny metal @$$
Cheekything
Profile Joined February 2013
United Kingdom10 Posts
February 26 2013 07:58 GMT
#5578
On February 25 2013 06:16 SKTerran.117 wrote:
Been getting really poor frames lately in sc2.

Running an i7-2630QM with a GTX560M card.

Used to be fine but over time I've had to drop to medium and now I'm playing on low settings just to keep 60fps

Drivers are all up to date, not sure what gives.

Any ideas till I can save the fund to build a new rig? (doing this anyway but want to be able to still play till then)


I have to assume from the M's you are on a laptop

Are you running on OSX or Windows? If OSX can you boot in windows?

Do you have a laptop cooling tray?

Can you check your temperatures while in game?

Have you cleaned your laptop fans recently?
Never Knows Best
Twiggs
Profile Joined January 2011
United States600 Posts
February 27 2013 01:30 GMT
#5579
Just needed some more information on two processors for a new build Im considering.

Intel Core i5-3570K VS AMD FX-8350 Vishera 4.0GHz

Ive seen that the i5 is a great processor and has a ton of great reviews through new egg. And my IT guy at work said I should always buy intel. But...

This new AMD cpu looks amazing and is actually 20 bucks cheaper. But since its new I'm unsure of it.

Anyone with experience with these two CPUs? Any advice would be appreciated.
My life for Auir | FLASH . JD . BISU . HERO . Nony . Incontrol . FIGHTING
skyR
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada13817 Posts
February 27 2013 01:32 GMT
#5580
If it's for gaming than Intel without a doubt.
Prev 1 277 278 279 280 281 653 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
Classic vs herO
IntoTheiNu 994
LiquipediaDiscussion
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech131
CosmosSc2 35
Railgan 11
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 53182
Shuttle 7714
FanTaSy 2023
BeSt 517
Horang2 492
EffOrt 219
Soma 139
Mind 126
Last 124
Pusan 117
[ Show more ]
Zeus 102
Sexy 95
ggaemo 86
hero 72
Hyun 71
Sea.KH 67
Killer 62
Aegong 51
Snow 44
ToSsGirL 32
PianO 31
Bale 24
JYJ 20
NaDa 18
Sacsri 15
zelot 13
Rock 12
ajuk12(nOOB) 11
Icarus 5
Dota 2
Gorgc3081
qojqva1727
Dendi1194
XcaliburYe270
420jenkins120
Counter-Strike
fl0m3632
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor704
Liquid`Hasu632
Other Games
B2W.Neo924
Beastyqt546
byalli423
Mlord380
Livibee213
Hui .173
ArmadaUGS123
Mew2King61
QueenE53
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick725
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream52
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 24
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3472
Other Games
• WagamamaTV68
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
1h 6m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 6m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 6m
Replay Cast
9h 6m
Afreeca Starleague
20h 6m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
21h 6m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 2h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 20h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 21h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.