• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:11
CEST 00:11
KST 07:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8124 users

Simple Questions Simple Answers - Page 275

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 273 274 275 276 277 653 Next
beefhamburger
Profile Joined December 2007
United States3962 Posts
February 08 2013 19:17 GMT
#5481
So I have a new internal WD Caviar black 2 tb and I was wondering what the normal idle and load temps are for it? I've searched online but I get huge ranges from 25-55° C. Mine runs at about 44° C idle so I was wondering if it was anything to worry about. My other HDD from my laptop that I've moved over to my desktop idles at 28°. Ambient temp is about 20° C.
Risljaninasim
Profile Joined July 2011
Netherlands228 Posts
February 08 2013 19:21 GMT
#5482
On February 08 2013 23:54 Hufy wrote:
I get this error in the HOTS client saying I need a "game account", even though I put in a real beta key in my account.


Does your account have Wings of Liberty?
;;
gbaromman
Profile Joined June 2011
United Kingdom3 Posts
February 08 2013 20:56 GMT
#5483
OK I was wondering if it's possible to use VAC to make a game sound on live-stream normal but have it so I can adjust the game sound on my pc? So it's not blasting out my headphones or speakers but to keep the live-stream game sound at a normal or high level.
???
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
February 08 2013 21:12 GMT
#5484
You might be able to split it into two channels, lower the volume of one and listen to that one while hooking the other one to streaming program
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
February 08 2013 22:16 GMT
#5485
On February 09 2013 04:17 beefhamburger wrote:
So I have a new internal WD Caviar black 2 tb and I was wondering what the normal idle and load temps are for it? I've searched online but I get huge ranges from 25-55° C. Mine runs at about 44° C idle so I was wondering if it was anything to worry about. My other HDD from my laptop that I've moved over to my desktop idles at 28°. Ambient temp is about 20° C.

The peak is kind of high for an HDD, but it should still be in the range of being fine. You probably don't have good air flow through your HDD cage.
twitch.tv/cratonz
Alryk
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States2718 Posts
February 08 2013 22:47 GMT
#5486
On February 08 2013 17:08 skyR wrote:
Yes, that's how Windows operates. If you don't like it thana you can disable Superfetch or whatever they call it now.

Nah I don't care. I've never run out of RAM and was pretty sure that was normal but wanted to make sure. Thanks.
Team Liquid, IM, ViOlet!
Karis Vas Ryaar
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States4396 Posts
February 08 2013 23:16 GMT
#5487
is there a program that will let me adjust relative volumes?

i have a blu ray playing program that when you try to lower the volume it lowers the master vgolume of the computer so its impossible for me to watch stuff while i have a concert going in the background.
"I'm not agreeing with a lot of Virus's decisions but they are working" Tasteless. Ipl4 Losers Bracket Virus 2-1 Maru
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
February 08 2013 23:18 GMT
#5488
On Windows 7:
Open your sound mixer (click the volume icon in your system tray, click mixer), then drag the slider for that application down.
twitch.tv/cratonz
Karis Vas Ryaar
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States4396 Posts
February 08 2013 23:25 GMT
#5489
On February 09 2013 08:18 Craton wrote:
On Windows 7:
Open your sound mixer (click the volume icon in your system tray, click mixer), then drag the slider for that application down.


thanks so much i figured it was something simple. this is really a lifesaver
"I'm not agreeing with a lot of Virus's decisions but they are working" Tasteless. Ipl4 Losers Bracket Virus 2-1 Maru
Myrmidon
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States9452 Posts
February 08 2013 23:44 GMT
#5490
On February 09 2013 04:17 beefhamburger wrote:
So I have a new internal WD Caviar black 2 tb and I was wondering what the normal idle and load temps are for it? I've searched online but I get huge ranges from 25-55° C. Mine runs at about 44° C idle so I was wondering if it was anything to worry about. My other HDD from my laptop that I've moved over to my desktop idles at 28°. Ambient temp is about 20° C.

44C is okay; a bit closer to 50C and then higher than that is cause for concern, maybe enough to put a low-rpm fan close to the drive. I'd imagine that load temps may be an issue if idle is 44C.

Actually, 28C is lower than the sweet spot, perhaps even more of a concern (too low) than 44C.

I don't know if there's a lot of data on HDD operating temps other than this 2007 paper:
http://static.googleusercontent.com/external_content/untrusted_dlcp/research.google.com/en/us/archive/disk_failures.pdf

On February 09 2013 07:47 Alryk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 08 2013 17:08 skyR wrote:
Yes, that's how Windows operates. If you don't like it thana you can disable Superfetch or whatever they call it now.

Nah I don't care. I've never run out of RAM and was pretty sure that was normal but wanted to make sure. Thanks.

Right, Windows will will load and keep more in RAM if it would otherwise go unused. It doesn't exactly help to have leave extra RAM sitting with nothing in it, so it's just kind of keeping data there that you might access.
neilp187
Profile Joined February 2013
United States13 Posts
February 09 2013 00:59 GMT
#5491
is anything wrong with starcraft2 for anyone in the US server??
EUUUNNNGGGHHH
Profile Joined February 2013
Niger6 Posts
February 09 2013 01:29 GMT
#5492
How do I activate global play?
"I'm from Niger"
Grobyc
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada18410 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-09 03:58:58
February 09 2013 03:44 GMT
#5493
So I've been trying to find out why my IRC keeps disconnecting intermittently as of late and I've got an idea. Previously it seemed random that it would happen, but when it does, it would disconnect every 7-10 minutes or so, and then reconnect a minute or two later. This is what it looks like for example:

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


It was good today until I opened up utorrent and watched a recently downloaded video. After finishing the video, I looked in my IRC window and saw it was basically disconnecting from the time I opened utorrent to the time I closed it, and stopped when I closed it.

My internet as a whole is stable enough. When IRC disconnects like this I have no problem using anything else that requires a network connection.

Does anyone have any idea why utorrent is cause this (if it even is)?

edit: My IRC disconnects regardless of the IRC client I use. I've just changed the utorrent port for incoming connections hoping there's just some kind of port conflict, will update shortly if it does anything.
If you watch Godzilla backwards it's about a benevolent lizard who helps rebuild a city and then moonwalks into the ocean.
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-09 04:09:29
February 09 2013 04:02 GMT
#5494
Residential routers, especially low-grade ones, often struggle with handling large numbers of simultaneous connections. Torrents tend to open quite a few at once, especially with the rather high default settings. You can reduce the number of connections that get opened by quite a lot without affecting performance much, so I'd try that. This probably isn't your problem since it should affect your whole Internet in that case.

For what it's worth, my IRC also disconnects more often than it should without my Internet having issues; it could just be either the IRC client or the server itself.

I suppose it's possible that there could be some kind of traffic prioritization causing it, but that seems unlikely.
twitch.tv/cratonz
Grobyc
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada18410 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-09 04:08:27
February 09 2013 04:05 GMT
#5495
Cool, thanks for the tip. I don't have too cheap of a router, but I'll lower the max connections allowed as well. So far my IRC hasn't disconnected with changing the port, so crossing my fingers it stays that way.

I've tried 3 different IRC clients all together and they basically all act the same way, so I don't think it's a client issue. I seem to be the only one who gets the issue after speaking with some other people as well, so I want to rule out a server issue, but I can't really rule it out 100% I suppose. Could be some sort of traffic prioritization like you mentioned, I might look into my routers QoS engine if it keeps acting up after these changes.
If you watch Godzilla backwards it's about a benevolent lizard who helps rebuild a city and then moonwalks into the ocean.
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
February 09 2013 04:09 GMT
#5496
Try putting your torrent port at lowest priority.
twitch.tv/cratonz
Karis Vas Ryaar
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States4396 Posts
February 09 2013 05:38 GMT
#5497
not sure this is a simple question or not but is there a noticable difference between a gaming mousepad and a normal mouspad?
"I'm not agreeing with a lot of Virus's decisions but they are working" Tasteless. Ipl4 Losers Bracket Virus 2-1 Maru
skyR
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada13817 Posts
February 09 2013 06:36 GMT
#5498
... just the word gaming.
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
February 09 2013 13:46 GMT
#5499
A mouse sensor enthusiast would probably shoot you for saying that, but yea, pretty much.

As long as you have the right type (cloth, plastic) then 99.9% probably wouldnt even be able to find a difference, some colors perform better with certain sensors than others but even that is not really noticable unless you are pushing the hardware limits of the mouse

Id still take qck+ any day, because it is cheap ($20), 45x40cm (which nobody will use outside of FPS gaming, so you probably wont find it elsewhere) black cloth (pretty much universally best performing color IIRC) and feels good, and also sticks to desk like it is glued on so you only have to adjust it like once every 100 hours of usage
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
MisterFred
Profile Joined October 2010
United States2033 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-09 14:31:52
February 09 2013 14:31 GMT
#5500
On February 09 2013 14:38 karis wrote:
not sure this is a simple question or not but is there a noticable difference between a gaming mousepad and a normal mouspad?


No, but there is some difference in surface depending on the type of mouse you have. If you got an optical mouse, then it's going to work just fine on pretty much anything. Hell, you don't need to bother with a mouse pad if you don't want to. I don't.

If you bought a laser mouse (because lasers are cool, obviously!) those are a lot touchier. You want to avoid cloth pads & get a mouse pad with some sort of smooth, hard surface. That will bring a minor benefit.
"The victor? Not the highest scoring, nor the best strategist, nor the best tactitian. The victor was he that was closest to the Tao of FFA." -.Praetor
Prev 1 273 274 275 276 277 653 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
ZZZero.O153
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft152
Nina 57
ViBE43
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14270
ZZZero.O 153
Dewaltoss 138
firebathero 92
Hyuk 77
Terrorterran 21
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm109
febbydoto45
League of Legends
Doublelift3486
Counter-Strike
Fnx 803
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5900
Other Games
summit1g6689
FrodaN2374
fl0m737
mouzStarbuck417
KnowMe274
JimRising 238
ToD204
ArmadaUGS132
Mew2King36
Railgan31
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1160
BasetradeTV184
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream85
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 67
• musti20045 32
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen112
Other Games
• imaqtpie786
• Shiphtur224
• tFFMrPink 18
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
11h 49m
INu's Battles
13h 49m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
16h 49m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 49m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 49m
Replay Cast
1d
Afreeca Starleague
1d 11h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 12h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 17h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.