• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:24
CEST 10:24
KST 17:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Dating: How's your luck? Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8634 users

Ustream tutorial - HD Video, Game sound, and Mic - Page 9

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 20 Next All
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26004 Posts
August 19 2010 00:56 GMT
#161
On May 28 2010 09:03 ghen wrote:
Added image overlay section <3

[image loading]

Setting up your Image Overlay to block the replay timer or plug your sponsor

We will be using a program called InFanView for this. Once downloaded, open the program and open your favorite image file.

Follow these simple steps to get rid of any distractions, make the window resizeable, and always on top.

1) Options menu, select "Always on top" (last option) simple enough.
2) View menu, Display Options, Choose "Fit image to window" and make sure the bottom 3 are checked for quality (they are by default)
3) View menu, Show/Hide the first 4 options for Status bar, Toolbar, Menu bar, and Caption.
Alternatively, hold Alt+Shift+S,T,M,C respectively.

Done! Now you have an image that will stay on top of your starcraft display (assuming you're in Windowed or Windowed (Fullscreen) modes) and not look ugly. Have fun

Hi, I did this and there's a huge grey bar around the edge. Help?
Moderator
ghen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1356 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-19 02:11:17
August 19 2010 02:03 GMT
#162
Can you post a screen shot? I can't seem to replicate that problem. I only have a tiny grey bar around the picture.


Ah ha found it.

Under Image menu, go to Add border/frame and make the Border-1 size 1. Then, restart the program because its super buggy.
Zoxygen
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1 Post
August 19 2010 06:15 GMT
#163
I'm having a hard time. It seems that I'm having worse results with a better computer setup them some of the guys here.

my connection can handle 3 Mb upload according to the speed test.
Im running: Q6850 (3.0 ghz quad) and 8800 GTX (weak link)

With 1920x1080 as my input and 854x480 at 800 bitrate I'm getting 7 FPS, sometimes 5.

Keyframe = 3
h.264
Basically what OP is running :/

Any suggestions?
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26004 Posts
August 19 2010 06:55 GMT
#164
On August 19 2010 11:03 ghen wrote:
Can you post a screen shot? I can't seem to replicate that problem. I only have a tiny grey bar around the picture.


Ah ha found it.

Under Image menu, go to Add border/frame and make the Border-1 size 1. Then, restart the program because its super buggy.

<333333333333333333333333333333333333
Thank you so much.
Moderator
ghen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1356 Posts
August 19 2010 11:21 GMT
#165
On August 19 2010 15:15 Zoxygen wrote:
I'm having a hard time. It seems that I'm having worse results with a better computer setup them some of the guys here.

my connection can handle 3 Mb upload according to the speed test.
Im running: Q6850 (3.0 ghz quad) and 8800 GTX (weak link)

With 1920x1080 as my input and 854x480 at 800 bitrate I'm getting 7 FPS, sometimes 5.

Keyframe = 3
h.264
Basically what OP is running :/

Any suggestions?


Drop down your resolution to something lame like 480 x whatever or 360 x whatever. Find out where your FPS is acceptable and then work your way back up.

Also, turn your starcraft details to Low or Medium to make it use less processing power.
Glacials
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada79 Posts
August 19 2010 23:06 GMT
#166
Hey guys, I am trying to use Ustream but it is making my Sc2 lag like crazy...

I've dropped my settings to medium, and I've tried many different setups, but it always lags.

Here is my comp info:

Good video card, something like nvidia 260?

6gb of RAM

Intel Xeon CPU E3110 @ 3.00 Ghz

Is this supposed to be able to run ustream and sc2 without too much lag?
T.O.P. *
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Hong Kong4685 Posts
August 19 2010 23:26 GMT
#167
On August 20 2010 08:06 Glacials wrote:
Hey guys, I am trying to use Ustream but it is making my Sc2 lag like crazy...

I've dropped my settings to medium, and I've tried many different setups, but it always lags.

Here is my comp info:

Good video card, something like nvidia 260?

6gb of RAM

Intel Xeon CPU E3110 @ 3.00 Ghz

Is this supposed to be able to run ustream and sc2 without too much lag?

Dual Cores aren't fast enough to stream SC2. You need a good quad core to stream.
Oracle comes in, Scvs go down, never a miscommunication.
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19259 Posts
August 19 2010 23:42 GMT
#168
On August 19 2010 01:06 tofucake wrote:
I've got a problem that's quite odd. My stream works. Quality is good. Mouse movement is fluid. But the SC2 display only updates when I click, despite the mouse moving fluidly regardless. I'll post more details when I get home from work, but I was wondering if anyone had a similar problem and fixed it.

Ok so I fixed this myself. Disable Optimization in VHScrCap settings.
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
Glacials
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada79 Posts
August 19 2010 23:42 GMT
#169
If I used Ustream Producer will it work better? I am trying to use it but I get an error:

Cannot connect to the RTMP/Flash server at the given IP address. Verify the server is reachable at the given address. [-4018]
HaveANiceDay
Profile Joined July 2010
Austria29 Posts
August 20 2010 00:41 GMT
#170
On August 20 2010 08:42 tofucake wrote:
Ok so I fixed this myself. Disable Optimization in VHScrCap settings.

Same here, the 2 optimization options in VHScrCap seem to be the root of all evil when it comes to choppy streams with the in-game frame rate still being good.
iLLusive
Profile Joined March 2010
United States274 Posts
August 20 2010 07:07 GMT
#171
Just seeking some general help with FME closing issue. Currently running 3.1 with these settings
Format: H.264 / Baseline / 3.1 / 3 seconds
Framerate: 30
Input size: 1920x1080
Bit Rate 950kbps with Output Size: 1280x720

VH is set to Track Screen / Frame Rate 30 / Align Video & Track mouse only options selected.

No crash log or program crash, when I click start the program just closes, tried tons of different settings nothing changes the outcome of FME just closing. Currently running on i7 980x with GTX 480 on Windows 7. Thanks for any assistance that can be provided.
The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
August 24 2010 01:39 GMT
#172
Reinstall both programs and make sure you reboot. FMLE gets weird sometimes.
twitch.tv/cratonz
Shigure
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States215 Posts
August 24 2010 01:47 GMT
#173
Hey Ghen shouldnt you change the part about PMing SonuvBob now since its Chill and his thread?
Iam the mod in KawaiiRice's stream, banning you
SC2Phoenix
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada2814 Posts
August 24 2010 01:51 GMT
#174
On August 20 2010 08:26 T.O.P. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 20 2010 08:06 Glacials wrote:
Hey guys, I am trying to use Ustream but it is making my Sc2 lag like crazy...

I've dropped my settings to medium, and I've tried many different setups, but it always lags.

Here is my comp info:

Good video card, something like nvidia 260?

6gb of RAM

Intel Xeon CPU E3110 @ 3.00 Ghz

Is this supposed to be able to run ustream and sc2 without too much lag?

Dual Cores aren't fast enough to stream SC2. You need a good quad core to stream.
Iam only using a dual core and my quality is ok. A quad core would sure help though.
Who the fuck has a family of fucking trees? This song is so god damn stupid. Fuck you song, fuck you and your stupid trees. -itmeJP
In)Spire
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States1323 Posts
August 25 2010 21:50 GMT
#175
My XML isn't saving as such from UStream, is there any specific reason for this? Whenever I look for the profile I saved, the Media Encoder can't find it cuz the downloaded file is apparently not saved as an XML file -.-
m4hleon
Profile Joined May 2010
United States14 Posts
August 25 2010 22:39 GMT
#176
anyone having a problem opening the XML inside of Adobe FMLE? Seems to be a new issue with the updated look to Ustream today. I get an authentication error.
In)Spire
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States1323 Posts
August 26 2010 01:36 GMT
#177
On August 26 2010 07:39 m4hleon wrote:
anyone having a problem opening the XML inside of Adobe FMLE? Seems to be a new issue with the updated look to Ustream today. I get an authentication error.


Me too. Any help guys?
m4hleon
Profile Joined May 2010
United States14 Posts
August 26 2010 04:20 GMT
#178
I've got it to work. Open the XML and just copy the URL and the stream info and paste it into FMLE.

Now I have a problem when opening Starcraft. The stream shows just a black screen... any ideas?
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
August 26 2010 06:12 GMT
#179
On August 26 2010 10:36 In)Spire wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 26 2010 07:39 m4hleon wrote:
anyone having a problem opening the XML inside of Adobe FMLE? Seems to be a new issue with the updated look to Ustream today. I get an authentication error.


Me too. Any help guys?

Importing has never worked for me. You can open any XML file in a word processor (e.g. notepad) and just find what you need. Things are labeled pretty obviously: <RTMP>bob</RTMP> would mean your RTMP is bob.
twitch.tv/cratonz
In)Spire
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States1323 Posts
August 26 2010 12:26 GMT
#180
On August 26 2010 13:20 m4hleon wrote:
I've got it to work. Open the XML and just copy the URL and the stream info and paste it into FMLE.

Now I have a problem when opening Starcraft. The stream shows just a black screen... any ideas?


Now it's this for me too :[.
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 20 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 36m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Zeus 546
Larva 74
Hyun 49
NotJumperer 43
Killer 41
scan(afreeca) 32
Bale 31
ajuk12(nOOB) 19
Hm[arnc] 11
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto119
League of Legends
JimRising 467
Counter-Strike
edward216
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King103
Other Games
summit1g8173
olofmeister1263
Coldzera 708
ceh9572
Happy291
Sick152
crisheroes71
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick589
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2291
League of Legends
• Jankos964
• Stunt350
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
1h 36m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2h 36m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
15h 36m
Patches Events
1d 7h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.