• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:36
CEST 00:36
KST 07:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8442 users

Ustream tutorial - HD Video, Game sound, and Mic - Page 8

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 20 Next All
Deleted User 81291
Profile Joined June 2010
9 Posts
July 09 2010 11:40 GMT
#141
Why is it that I still have a noise in my stream that's coming from my mic but if I use Ventrilo/TS it works out just fine and even much louder than on the stream?

I tried different mics even some over USB and got a decent sound card (Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium)
ZomgTossRush
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1041 Posts
July 09 2010 21:59 GMT
#142
Hey guys, looking for some help here.


I am using Ustreams Producer, and I can't get starcraft 2 to broadcast. I have tried both windows modes and still no luck.

Any suggestions would be helpful!
Coaching for 1v1 and Team games at Gosucoaching.com
teaCher
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada521 Posts
July 09 2010 22:59 GMT
#143
yah procaster is where its at
Follow me @H2O_teaCher ..... www.pmsclan.com
SugarBear
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States842 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-23 21:14:52
July 23 2010 21:11 GMT
#144
On June 23 2010 08:39 number1gog wrote:
Ok I'm stumped.

Every time I click "Allow" for it to have access to my camera and microphone, my browser crashes. I've tried it with FMLE already open, FMLE closed. On justin.tv, on ustream. In Firefox, in IE. With it accessing my capture card, with it accessing my webcam.

I have no idea what's going on. Any suggestions?


I have the same problem with IE, but not Firefox for whatever reason, so my solution is use Firefox

I would also like to suggest that WebCamMax be removed from the recommended solution list. It has frame skipping issues that occur for me in the preview window of the application itself, even when my machine isn't lagging. This means the delay is not cause by either ustream or local CPU spikes, it's because the application itself cannot handle real-time. Would suck is people pay $50 thinking this is a "high quality" solution when it is really an overpriced piece of garbage.
Staff vVv Gaming | "So what did you do today?" "Oh not much, mined some minerals, harvested some gas, spawned some zergs, the usual"
ProxyPanda
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden17 Posts
August 02 2010 02:31 GMT
#145
On May 25 2010 08:38 Scotchy wrote:
Interesting, I didn't have any of the problems you mention, i.e. my sound is streamed correctly with the proper settings on windows & the software never ever crashes.

The problem with VHScrCap is that there's a watermark.
And the problem with FME is that it's way to much CPU intensive.
And the other thing is that you must have your browser started with the ustream broadcast. And Flash is sooo much CPU intensive.

I've an i7 920 and CPU's load is 100% when streaming just MY DESKTOP !
Not that it lags when I load up a game, but streamed FPS usually drops below 15, which is quite annoying since I've a 20Mbps upload bandwidth.

But oh well... I still stream on Livestream just because I need the "Game" only stream, and my stream isn't watched by over 9000 anyways :D.


Hi

Have searched everywhere but cannot find an answer to my problem:

I am also trying out Ustream producer and I am happy just if I can get the game sound together with the stream. For now I am only capable of getting the mic + stream and I understand that it's impossible to get both, but could anyone help me to get the game sound only + stream working via Ustream producer?

Thanks in advance,
ProxyPanda
NymN
Profile Joined July 2010
Sweden33 Posts
August 03 2010 01:45 GMT
#146
On June 14 2010 14:28 Repok wrote:
I got everything up and running fine, but I'm having trouble setting up my video capture. For some reason, whatever setting I do, the screen is zoomed in around my mouse and simply follows it. I don't know how I'm supposed to capture my full screen. The preview in the FMLE says its the fullscreen, but when I stream, it's not.

I have the same problem, does anyone know the solution? I'm using 2 screens so when I go off to the other one (to handle chat and what not) I don't want the stream window to follow
ZERGZERGZERG
SC2Phoenix
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada2814 Posts
August 06 2010 10:44 GMT
#147
On June 14 2010 14:28 Repok wrote:
I got everything up and running fine, but I'm having trouble setting up my video capture. For some reason, whatever setting I do, the screen is zoomed in around my mouse and simply follows it. I don't know how I'm supposed to capture my full screen. The preview in the FMLE says its the fullscreen, but when I stream, it's not.
I have the exact same problem. After over an hour of messing around with settings Still cant get it zoomed out. It says its fullscreen in FMLE but its not when I stream.
Who the fuck has a family of fucking trees? This song is so god damn stupid. Fuck you song, fuck you and your stupid trees. -itmeJP
chukolna
Profile Joined February 2010
78 Posts
August 06 2010 14:51 GMT
#148
[image loading]

in settings ( middle pic ) remove Track mouse
Grow up Raj, there's no place for truth on the Internet.
vyyye
Profile Joined July 2010
Sweden3917 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-06 17:17:35
August 06 2010 15:17 GMT
#149
On June 17 2010 06:27 Ch00 wrote:
Ghen! (or whoever)
I have a good one for you guys:
How do i stream Starcraft 2 (or any game for that matter) with USTREAM capturing video and audio from mic and PC WITHOUT un-muting the playback of your Mic?
OR
Using Virtual Audio Cable (this Solution is garbage...)

There HAS to be a way -- I do not want to hear myself in my headphones when I'm playing my game and talking at the same time....that's just annoying! I tried asking Day[9]...but lets face it -- I'm just another shmuck fan...he's never gonna respond.

PLEASE DO NOT SAY: "just use procaster" -- I really want to figure this out without unmuting the mic.

Is there a way to do this using an external mixer? A Capture card? If so...what is the correct setup?

I would like to know how: Orb or GLHF has their setup.

I've spent all day today setting up a justin.tv stream (same idea as ustream, fmle+vhs) but uh now when I finally have it working I think I'll just go back to procaster. Install, press record and you're live, without the need for some ridiculous mic playback.

Goddamn it, in a pissy mood because after hours and finally getting it working I realize just how flawed it'll be anyway. Pah. If only livestream didn't cost buttloads for acceptable quality.
SC2Phoenix
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada2814 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-06 23:34:30
August 06 2010 23:32 GMT
#150
On August 06 2010 23:51 chukolna wrote:
[image loading]

in settings ( middle pic ) remove Track mouse
Nop still didnt fix. Its so silly they have nothing from 1280x1080 to 1920x1080.
No 1440x900 setting T_T
Who the fuck has a family of fucking trees? This song is so god damn stupid. Fuck you song, fuck you and your stupid trees. -itmeJP
chukolna
Profile Joined February 2010
78 Posts
August 07 2010 00:49 GMT
#151
trying with removing the track mouse and checking "Resize to output size" . It should work
Grow up Raj, there's no place for truth on the Internet.
yourwhiteshadow
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States442 Posts
August 07 2010 14:00 GMT
#152
to be quite honest...using the ustream producer is an amazing option for those of us w/o performance/enthusiast rigs. i have a q6600, hd4850, 4 gb ddr2 and i just couldn't get a decent watchable stream with the FMLE and VH SC set up. however, running full windowed mode at 1920x1080 i get a very watchable stream with great quality, and decent motion. i would just use that.
Technical Director, Si Media Production, simediapro.com
Rhyme
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1069 Posts
August 11 2010 19:18 GMT
#153
has anyone found a fix to the 2-3 fps output using FLME? i'm about to just give up and go to livestream.
dont ever say that
Ohdamn
Profile Joined June 2010
Germany765 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-12 18:25:06
August 12 2010 18:18 GMT
#154
i followed the guide 1:1 but it seems like theres only a small square in the top left and the rest is pink

any1 an idea whats wrong?

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]



edit: ok forget is..i have no idea why but it works now
"If you can chill....chill!"
Kordox
Profile Joined April 2010
Denmark142 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-16 03:07:53
August 16 2010 03:07 GMT
#155
I've tried streaming on livestream, ustream and justin. I've used Procaster, Ustream Producer and FME. Tried different setups, read guides and tips around the web on how to make it run well. But in the end when I start a stream, the bitrate and framerate eventually drop way too low for the video to be watchable. Changing the resolution has made no difference either.

Just now I tried streaming with Procaster on Livestream at 1280*720 500kbps 25fps. The average quality was around 250kbps 12fps in game.

Is my hardware not good enough?

Phenom 955 @ 3.6GHz
HD 4870
4 gigs of memory

I'm pretty sure that should be more than enough for a decent stream.

I really want to try streaming, but after months of trying with zero success, I just don't know what else to do.
AbyssV3
Profile Joined April 2010
United States172 Posts
August 16 2010 03:47 GMT
#156
I've tried reaching that Mattc0m guy and have not heard any response. Since our stream is growing in popularity, we're really hoping to move the logo.

Has anyone else had any success, or know who else we can contact? I tried USTREAM Tech Support, they said it's impossible to move it, even after I showed them a screen shot of Day9's having it moved.
QuakeNet #ragequit.tv - http://www.RAGEQUIT.tv - Home of Ipp, World Famous Elmer Fudd accent
sykur
Profile Joined June 2010
Iceland21 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-16 17:38:29
August 16 2010 17:21 GMT
#157
My resolution is 1600x1200 but the FMLE only allows 1920x1280. So what I've done is I have cropped those 320 pixles between 1600 and 1920 of but I can't do anything about those 80 in hight. My screen just jumps up and down when I move my corsor to the top and to the bottom.
I just want FMLE to stick my screen in one place.
I fixed this before but my computer decided to crash and now I don't know what I can do.
Edit:I think I have fixed it.
ha?
PET
Profile Joined May 2010
Romania430 Posts
August 16 2010 20:52 GMT
#158
Hello there,

Tried several variantions and I found a sponsor to purchase Ustream Producer Pro. Now my problem is ... that I tried to broadcast with it, tested the HIGHEST quality settings but when I look at the recording, it looks like shit. It's like 380p or something like that. I can't get the text, nothing.

Until now I used XFIre To broadcast and it was decent. I'm also able to broadcast in higher quality using FME... however I don't want to use FME and have 5 programs opened. I also like the functions Produer Pro has.

So any suggestions? I have the money... now how the hell can I get the quality? At least a decent quality just to test the stuff.
www.GamerPET.com
yourwhiteshadow
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States442 Posts
August 17 2010 06:01 GMT
#159
like the OP said. i would suggest outputting 1080p or a 720p feed into a intensity blackmagic pro and having the card do the compression on the fly while feeding it to ustream at an uberhigh bitrate. that'll most likely get you an HD feed. if you're having issues with the audio, get a standalone mixer (like the ones DJs) use.
Technical Director, Si Media Production, simediapro.com
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19259 Posts
August 18 2010 16:06 GMT
#160
I've got a problem that's quite odd. My stream works. Quality is good. Mouse movement is fluid. But the SC2 display only updates when I click, despite the mouse moving fluidly regardless. I'll post more details when I get home from work, but I was wondering if anyone had a similar problem and fixed it.
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 20 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 25m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 186
Nina 124
SteadfastSC 65
CosmosSc2 18
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 464
910 59
Bale 12
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm3
League of Legends
Doublelift1074
Super Smash Bros
PPMD56
Other Games
summit1g9151
Grubby2819
shahzam592
C9.Mang0241
PiGStarcraft214
Maynarde30
Liquid`Ken11
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 101
• musti20045 43
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21448
Other Games
• imaqtpie937
• Shiphtur297
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
25m
Afreeca Starleague
11h 25m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
12h 25m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 1h
Patches Events
1d 17h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.