• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:28
CEST 08:28
KST 15:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9038 users

Ustream tutorial - HD Video, Game sound, and Mic - Page 6

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 20 Next All
Katsuge
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Singapore7730 Posts
May 30 2010 03:16 GMT
#101
thank you very much for sharing this..will try this once i get the time.

ugh projects.
김태연 | 정은지 | 아이유 |  한효주 | 이민정 <3 -|||- 소녀시대 에이핑크 사랑해!
a176
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada6688 Posts
May 30 2010 06:18 GMT
#102
On May 30 2010 12:07 Calpico wrote:
Here's the settings that I run:
[image loading]
Main Profile
Level 4.0
1 sec. Keyframes
Using 1920x1200 resolution and the black bars removed using crop. I've checked the aspect ratio and there's no distortion.

When you start the stream you have to go back to the VHScrCap and put the fps back to 60. This makes the video much more smoother if you start to drop frames.

Also, if you check 'Register in ROT' in the settings you can use GraphEdit to mess with the connections. You can use it to blank the stream without stopping it and possibly insert some filters that overlay text or graphics. For some reason the existing graph won't connect to any filters I put in it.


You might want to entertain us as to your computer specs which can handle 2.5mbps h264 streaming
starleague forever
Vandy
Profile Joined October 2008
Australia13 Posts
May 30 2010 14:42 GMT
#103
I'm having issues streaming on ustream, my stream is running fine, but Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder is using massive CPU resources, meaning everything (from OSU to SC2) unplayable. I'm hoping someone can help me as to what setting I can change and/or what is causing this, the settings I'm using:

[image loading]

Something else I noticed is that the CPU usage of AFML also goes through the roof when I move the mouse pointer around. I've also tried H.264 encoding with 10second key frames but no luck.

I'm running a 2.4 Ghz quad core. Any help is greatly appreciated.
ghen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1356 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-30 16:13:40
May 30 2010 16:12 GMT
#104
FMLE is a huge drag on resources. Its the one problem with Ustream IMO. If it weren't for the reliance on that program the whole setup would be perfect.

Your CPU will be at 100% running both Starcraft and FMLE. If it isn't, you need more quality in your feed Make sure your power supply and CPU cooling can handle the load! This is incredibly important... I don't want to start any fires. literally.

So that being said! Here's two things to try for your CPU problem. 1) drop down your FPS to 10-15 just to test 2) change your Format to H.264. It gives better quality anyway.

You say you have a 2.4Ghz quad core processor. What is the exact model number? Also, how much RAM do you have? Finally, what is your graphics card?
Vandy
Profile Joined October 2008
Australia13 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-30 16:47:19
May 30 2010 16:45 GMT
#105
CPU is a Q6600

4GB of RAM

Gfx card: NVIDIA Geforce 9800 GTX

Dropping the FPS to 10 still eats alot of CPU - going on 90% without starcraft (especially when moving the mouse for some reason). 15 fps I have the same problem hitting 100% of cpu.

Edit - Have also tried H.264 but doesn't make a difference
mrproper
Profile Joined April 2010
Romania93 Posts
May 30 2010 17:57 GMT
#106
On May 28 2010 02:41 TotalBiscuit wrote:
A new tip, common sense really but I only just tried it.

A lot of artifacting can be eliminated by picking an output resolution that is easily divisible by your input. I changed my output (now that I've got a better net connection) to 960x540, which is exactly half of the input resolution (1920x1080). That eliminated a significant amount of artifacting and blur.

Did not notice any difference with this in terms of image quality, artifacts and blur (text is a bit less readable), but I must say using half the resolution instead of standard 720p, the stream runs continuously at 15fps (500kbps) while the slightly higher resolution before had variable framerate between 7 and 14, because of HIGH CPU usage. Definately something to try out for other users.
ghen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1356 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-30 19:34:54
May 30 2010 19:33 GMT
#107
On May 31 2010 01:45 Vandy wrote:
CPU is a Q6600

4GB of RAM

Gfx card: NVIDIA Geforce 9800 GTX

Dropping the FPS to 10 still eats alot of CPU - going on 90% without starcraft (especially when moving the mouse for some reason). 15 fps I have the same problem hitting 100% of cpu.

Edit - Have also tried H.264 but doesn't make a difference



The main bottleneck in your computer is unfortunately the processor. Like you've found out, streaming takes a crapton of CPU using FMLE. This isn't a "problem". Its only a problem that you can't play starcraft at the same time. A Q6600 is 25% slower at H264 encoding than a new i7 processor. That's a pretty convincing difference. (reference)

You're just going to have to back off on FPS and output resolution until you can play starcraft. Also, if you change your desktop resolution to something lower and have a lower input resolution that might help as well.

The change to H264 might not help with CPU usage, but it outputs a higher quality... so definitely worth keeping that setting.
Calpico
Profile Joined May 2010
3 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-30 22:45:25
May 30 2010 19:41 GMT
#108
On May 30 2010 15:18 a176 wrote:
You might want to entertain us as to your computer specs which can handle 2.5mbps h264 streaming

Using an i7 920 to do streams. I don't really push 30 FPS on the stream though, but it still looks pretty smooth. One thing about high res streaming is that my frames get backlogged about 5 secs, so its not real-time. I've also had users having problems watching the stream because their player isn't buffering enough for smooth playback.

On May 31 2010 01:45 Vandy wrote:
CPU is a Q6600

4GB of RAM

Gfx card: NVIDIA Geforce 9800 GTX

Dropping the FPS to 10 still eats alot of CPU - going on 90% without starcraft (especially when moving the mouse for some reason). 15 fps I have the same problem hitting 100% of cpu.

Edit - Have also tried H.264 but doesn't make a difference

With 'Optimize Screen Deliver' enabled under VHScrCap the driver won't deliver frames unless it detects movement i.e. moving your mouse. For testing, it's best to turn it off and check your CPU usage. You can also try to mess with processor affinity to control load as well.

In terms of which codec is best, it depends if you have the CPU power, or the bandwidth. VP6 is more CPU friendly, but at the cost of bandwidth. H.264's bitrate is low under 'idle' and controlled during movement.

VP6 will give the best image quality if bandwidth isn't an issue (I haven't tested H.264 with 20000 kbps though). Use 2500 kbps bitrate with a datarate window of huge. Your stream will push close to about 4500 kbps.
If using VP6 with limited bandwidth, getting the right settings is very tricky. There is a minimum bitrate for a certain resolution to be watchable at all. VP6 prefers to drop frames to meet the target bitrate. There is very little degradation in image quality at any setting.

H.264 is the easiest codec to set up, but will cost in CPU; it uses about 10% more in my tests. The bitrate is more controlled, as it won't exceed what you set it to much. Opposite to VP6, H.264 will degrade image quality to meet the target bitrate. Image quality will degrade very quickly when there is movement and the bitrate is too low.

Edit: More testing
supernovamaniac
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States3048 Posts
May 30 2010 23:59 GMT
#109
Question: Can you use old camtasia studio with this if you just want to broadcast on ustream? Cause I seem to be having a problem.


I'll try to re-do it today, and if someone is willing to help I'll post the problems that I'm having.
ppp
T.O.P. *
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Hong Kong4685 Posts
May 31 2010 01:06 GMT
#110
@Calpico You do realize that most people don't have internet capable of streaming 2500 Kbps video right? Even if they have enough bandwidth, most people don't have enough cpu power to decode a HD Stream in a Flash container.
Oracle comes in, Scvs go down, never a miscommunication.
Calpico
Profile Joined May 2010
3 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-31 01:55:56
May 31 2010 01:16 GMT
#111
On May 31 2010 10:06 T.O.P. wrote:
@Calpico You do realize that most people don't have internet capable of streaming 2500 Kbps video right? Even if they have enough bandwidth, most people don't have enough cpu power to decode a HD Stream in a Flash container.

I agree. Good thing nobody watches my streams. Its pretty overkill to stream at 1080 when you can lower the res in SC and have comparable image quality. But I think most of the information can be applied to lower bandwidth streams as well.

Edit: How to remove VHScrCap watermark:
Start stream, then go into VHScrCap settings and switch tabs. The watermark should be gone. Enjoy.
GreasedScotsman
Profile Joined April 2010
United States5 Posts
June 03 2010 14:56 GMT
#112
In case someone has the equipment and resources to set up a separate video capture rig to handle their streaming, if you're using a video capture card that does NOT handle deinterlacing well, then you can use FME to force the input source to half of the desired height. This will get rid of the horizontal banding/tearing problem that plagues non-deinterlaced video.

For example, if you wanted to stream in 640x480 but have a vid cap card that doesn't deinterlace, you'd set FME video input size to 640x240 and output to 640x480. It's a hacky work-around but one worth mentioning.
Holy Shitballs!
Parnage
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States7414 Posts
June 04 2010 01:30 GMT
#113
So I've read through the thread and I wanted to make sure I understand.
I've started using ustream and currently I am using the standard producer. Thar's currently no way to get my ingame sound/other sounds and my mic? or is thar some sort of workaround I've missed.
-orb- Fan. Live the Nal_rA dream. || Yordles are cool.
Sad[Panda]
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States458 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-04 13:22:43
June 04 2010 13:22 GMT
#114
I tried following this but the movements are so choppy its frustrating ive literally spent hours on this but to no avail and then i tried using procaster which worked fine without the choppy >.> but i really did want that quality up :<
( O.O) ("\(t.t )/") ~ I'm just looking for someone to hug
AskJoshy
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States1625 Posts
June 04 2010 18:24 GMT
#115
Should I even waste my time if I top out at 340 kbps upload? =\
Heroes, Hearthstone, and SC2 videos: http://www.youtube.com/AskJoshy
ghen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1356 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-04 19:49:46
June 04 2010 19:46 GMT
#116
On June 05 2010 03:24 JoshSuth wrote:
Should I even waste my time if I top out at 340 kbps upload? =\


Reminds me of Raelcun's latest blog, You could stream but the quality would be so low that everyone would bitch and moan, even though it would probably be better than all the regular starcraft streams

On June 04 2010 10:30 Parnage wrote:
So I've read through the thread and I wanted to make sure I understand.
I've started using ustream and currently I am using the standard producer. Thar's currently no way to get my ingame sound/other sounds and my mic? or is thar some sort of workaround I've missed.


Unfortunately there is no workaround for the standard Producer software. It just doesn't accept the correct inputs.
Sad[Panda]
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States458 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-04 23:34:43
June 04 2010 22:32 GMT
#117
if i was to give my system specs, internet speed, and software would there be anyway someone could help me create a smoother stream for UStream I really dont like the mediocrity and subpar quality of Livestream t.t;

*I have a feeling its my video card that is the problem though.
( O.O) ("\(t.t )/") ~ I'm just looking for someone to hug
a176
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada6688 Posts
June 05 2010 19:35 GMT
#118
On June 05 2010 03:24 JoshSuth wrote:
Should I even waste my time if I top out at 340 kbps upload? =\


You could always try it out and if it doesnt look good, well...

Try streaming with the livestream app at different quality settings. Its pretty good for low bitrate.
starleague forever
frozenkatkiller
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States168 Posts
June 05 2010 19:43 GMT
#119
On June 05 2010 07:32 Sad[Panda] wrote:
if i was to give my system specs, internet speed, and software would there be anyway someone could help me create a smoother stream for UStream I really dont like the mediocrity and subpar quality of Livestream t.t;

*I have a feeling its my video card that is the problem though.


I doubt it would be your video card. The stuff that hinders streaming would be processor and ram. Video card would only effect how high you can turn up your settings in the game I believe.
Tristan
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada566 Posts
June 06 2010 03:41 GMT
#120
been trying to use Irfanview as an overlay program but when i resize the window on top with fit to window on it completely freezes my computer and I have to reboot, any alternatives?
http://Zangano431.tumblr.com/
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 20 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 184
ProTech133
Nina 93
StarCraft: Brood War
Mong 194
Dewaltoss 120
Bale 35
sSak 28
ZergMaN 20
Noble 15
NotJumperer 8
Icarus 6
League of Legends
JimRising 644
Other Games
summit1g9743
Sick197
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick880
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream41
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2184
League of Legends
• Lourlo1146
• Rush1025
• Stunt803
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3h 32m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4h 32m
Monday Night Weeklies
9h 32m
Replay Cast
16h 32m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 3h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 4h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 17h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.