• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:24
CEST 18:24
KST 01:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9736 users

Ustream tutorial - HD Video, Game sound, and Mic - Page 11

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 20 Next All
beat
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany11 Posts
September 07 2010 11:45 GMT
#201
VERY nice tutorial, thank you so much.
yourwhiteshadow
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States442 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-07 20:48:02
September 07 2010 14:58 GMT
#202
On September 07 2010 07:03 Nikaro wrote:
Hey guys.

I´m having some trouble with my streaming.
I´m using a laptop with the specs: Quad Core i7 1.6ghz (turbo boost to 2.8ghz) 6gb Ram, and ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5650.

It runs Starcraft 2 on High with no problem, even with FME on but i kick it to medium just in case.

Well, i can´t seem to get good quality rates or image. I´m using VH camera and FME, and even copy some user settings but for some reason it has some freezes. No flickering cause it´s in windowed mode, but it´l lag a bit like "unit move stream freeze, units move a bit more, stream freeze" etc.

Usually: VH 60 fps - FME H264 max input res, (30-60 fps) - 1280x1024 on output, 1000-2000 bitrate.

I am linking the xml of my stream too

Anyone know what´s wrong?


FMLE 2.5 or 3.1? also, can i see your .xml file? blank out your stream info before you post it here.

vh should be set to 20 or 24 and FMLE/FME set to 20 or 24 (match VH).

optimize for VH should be off.
Technical Director, Si Media Production, simediapro.com
Hoppeh
Profile Joined August 2010
Norway24 Posts
September 07 2010 21:47 GMT
#203
Helo and thanks for an awsome thead and tutorial!

"Hardware spec and more at the bottom"

Eventho your giving lots of good tricks and tips im having some huge problems with getting my stream going. All the time i thought it was my gfx card lagging behind but now that i have bought a new one and its still the same i figured the choke has to be somwhere else. Then i came down to the cpu being to bad. But again after redusing the screensize and at the same time redusing the load on the cpu and getting no improvment i cant understand that the cpu is to blame.

I also have a webcam that i can stream 720p quality with. The webcam is working great, i know its different with the screen capturing but still the different is so sick. When im trying to cast sc2 i have tryed alot of different resolutions. Started with 1980x1080 with an output witch is half of that. Since this didnt work i tried to lower the resolution to 1280x720 to match that of my webcam. The load on my cpu did go down by 35% but still the same things happening to bouth bitrate and fps while streaming sc2 and even when capturing my desktop only.

So the big problem here is that i cant get a stable bitrate or fps when streaming off my screen. Like i said befor its going great with my webcam but i dont know enough about whats going on while streaming to cut any conclutions of that. So any good ideas how i can get a lagfree stream.
The bitrate tends to stop, or be below 30, same with fps goes down towards zero. Im guessing these two kind of go togeather. Eventho im running Sc2 perfectly "on low" and im able to run everything on ultra and have desent fps.

Ps have tried bouth 3.1 and 2.5 version of FMLE makes no difference.


Hardware
Gfx Card: Evga Geforce Gtx 470
Cpu Core 2 quad Q6600 2400 gHz
Ram: 8gb
Anything else that is usefull to know?.

Fmle settings
-- Fps: 20 "bouth in vhScrCap and FMLE, tried a big variety here also"
-- Inputsize "whatever resolution of the screen im capturing"
-- Output size :" either equal to input or half of it"
-- Bitrate " Have tried from 300-800 same effect on all"

Format H.264
-- Profile :baseline
-- Level 5.1
-- Keyframerate: 3 "tried 1 throu 10 no effect"

I am clueless of what is doing this greatly appreciate any tips of what im doing wrong or whats causing this.

Hoppeh

Sorry for bad spelling, long post and other things i forgot!
Aaawh yea!!!
Zzoram
Profile Joined February 2008
Canada7115 Posts
September 09 2010 04:26 GMT
#204
Anybody here have a tutorial on how to make their ustream iPhone compatible?
itzMorglum
Profile Joined October 2004
Poland171 Posts
September 10 2010 08:29 GMT
#205
Thanks for a great guide!

I have almost all set (I'm using VH Screen Capture Driver as it's free) - my problem is that when I start to stream my image is zoomed - ustream is broadcasting only part of my screen, like the resolution is set too low - how do I fix that?
God created angels to steal loneliness from males, but I have found my angel and she stole my loneliness 4ever
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19259 Posts
September 10 2010 11:06 GMT
#206
On VHScrCap, make sure you disable:
Optimize screen capture
Track mouse
Track window
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
ilbh
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Brazil1606 Posts
September 10 2010 12:09 GMT
#207
any chance of avoiding the flickering in fullscreen mode? I don't like playing w windowed because when I want to move the screen, the mouse is out of the window, so it's not moved.
Part of the inhumanity of the computer is that, once it is competently programmed and working smoothly, it is completely honest.
itzMorglum
Profile Joined October 2004
Poland171 Posts
September 10 2010 12:23 GMT
#208
On September 10 2010 20:06 tofucake wrote:
On VHScrCap, make sure you disable:
Optimize screen capture
Track mouse
Track window


Thx - that helped
God created angels to steal loneliness from males, but I have found my angel and she stole my loneliness 4ever
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19259 Posts
September 10 2010 15:59 GMT
#209
On September 10 2010 21:09 ilbh wrote:
any chance of avoiding the flickering in fullscreen mode? I don't like playing w windowed because when I want to move the screen, the mouse is out of the window, so it's not moved.

You have to get use to wheel scrolling, or use Windowed (Fullscreen) mode, which I haven't had any problems with.
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
Skamtet
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada634 Posts
September 11 2010 00:08 GMT
#210
Is it possible to add a 1-2 minute delay to the stream?
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19259 Posts
September 11 2010 00:28 GMT
#211
No.
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
fams
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada731 Posts
September 12 2010 13:29 GMT
#212
When I do all of these settings step for step, and I start broadcasting, it works except for Starcraft II. I can see the SC2 cursor, but everything else is just black and pink (2 boxes).

What do I do?
http://www.twitter.com/famsytron/
NonY
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
8751 Posts
September 12 2010 14:40 GMT
#213
I can't get command-line versions to work with ustream (tried both 3.1 and 2.5). They were working perfectly fine with justin.tv. But the ustream broadcast window never offers to switch to the FME stream and without that, I don't know how to get ustream to broadcast the stream I'm uploading to them.

I also can't get 2.5 to work normally. The broadcast window does offer to switch but it's audio-only.

Anyone know if there's a way to get command-line versions to work with ustream? Anyone know what could be causing ustream to be unable to receive my 2.5 video?

I emailed ustream tech support but they do not respond.
"Fucking up is part of it. If you can't fail, you have to always win. And I don't think you can always win." Elliott Smith ---------- Yet no sudden rage darkened his face, and his eyes were calm as they studied her. Then he smiled. 'Witness.'
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19259 Posts
September 12 2010 15:20 GMT
#214
I haven't fiddled with the command line version, but have you removed "offline" from the Stream value in the right box (on the GUI)? Saving that and then loading the profile in the CLI might work.
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
fams
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada731 Posts
September 12 2010 15:30 GMT
#215
On September 12 2010 22:29 fams wrote:
When I do all of these settings step for step, and I start broadcasting, it works except for Starcraft II. I can see the SC2 cursor, but everything else is just black and pink (2 boxes).

What do I do?


HELP?? I am stressing out, cant figure this out -_-
http://www.twitter.com/famsytron/
ghen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1356 Posts
September 12 2010 15:51 GMT
#216
On September 13 2010 00:30 fams wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 12 2010 22:29 fams wrote:
When I do all of these settings step for step, and I start broadcasting, it works except for Starcraft II. I can see the SC2 cursor, but everything else is just black and pink (2 boxes).

What do I do?


HELP?? I am stressing out, cant figure this out -_-


That's a tough one. Try upgrading your video card drivers.

What hardware are you working with?
yourwhiteshadow
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States442 Posts
September 12 2010 15:55 GMT
#217
On September 13 2010 00:30 fams wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 12 2010 22:29 fams wrote:
When I do all of these settings step for step, and I start broadcasting, it works except for Starcraft II. I can see the SC2 cursor, but everything else is just black and pink (2 boxes).

What do I do?


HELP?? I am stressing out, cant figure this out -_-


you have to play SC2 in full screen windowed mode.
Technical Director, Si Media Production, simediapro.com
fams
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada731 Posts
September 12 2010 16:04 GMT
#218
On September 13 2010 00:55 yourwhiteshadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 13 2010 00:30 fams wrote:
On September 12 2010 22:29 fams wrote:
When I do all of these settings step for step, and I start broadcasting, it works except for Starcraft II. I can see the SC2 cursor, but everything else is just black and pink (2 boxes).

What do I do?


HELP?? I am stressing out, cant figure this out -_-


you have to play SC2 in full screen windowed mode.

Thank you, you are a life saver!

My problem now is that it lags incredibly hard when I am in game (stream-wise I mean)....

Any ideas how to improve the quality?
http://www.twitter.com/famsytron/
yourwhiteshadow
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States442 Posts
September 12 2010 17:11 GMT
#219
On September 13 2010 01:04 fams wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 13 2010 00:55 yourwhiteshadow wrote:
On September 13 2010 00:30 fams wrote:
On September 12 2010 22:29 fams wrote:
When I do all of these settings step for step, and I start broadcasting, it works except for Starcraft II. I can see the SC2 cursor, but everything else is just black and pink (2 boxes).

What do I do?


HELP?? I am stressing out, cant figure this out -_-


you have to play SC2 in full screen windowed mode.

Thank you, you are a life saver!

My problem now is that it lags incredibly hard when I am in game (stream-wise I mean)....

Any ideas how to improve the quality?


there are literally like 10 different settings in OP that should help stream quality. what are your system specs and your stream settings?
Technical Director, Si Media Production, simediapro.com
fams
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada731 Posts
September 12 2010 17:46 GMT
#220
On September 13 2010 02:11 yourwhiteshadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 13 2010 01:04 fams wrote:
On September 13 2010 00:55 yourwhiteshadow wrote:
On September 13 2010 00:30 fams wrote:
On September 12 2010 22:29 fams wrote:
When I do all of these settings step for step, and I start broadcasting, it works except for Starcraft II. I can see the SC2 cursor, but everything else is just black and pink (2 boxes).

What do I do?


HELP?? I am stressing out, cant figure this out -_-


you have to play SC2 in full screen windowed mode.

Thank you, you are a life saver!

My problem now is that it lags incredibly hard when I am in game (stream-wise I mean)....

Any ideas how to improve the quality?


there are literally like 10 different settings in OP that should help stream quality. what are your system specs and your stream settings?


I PMed you as well, but:

Intel Core 2 Duo P8400 @ 2.26 GHz
4 gigs of ram
nvidia GeForce 9600 GT 512MB
64-bit OS
Windows 7
http://www.twitter.com/famsytron/
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 20 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 37m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech173
UpATreeSC 95
BRAT_OK 39
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 4573
Bisu 1831
Soulkey 1489
EffOrt 893
Mini 646
Larva 377
Horang2 377
ZerO 343
actioN 224
ggaemo 197
[ Show more ]
Yoon 118
Dewaltoss 115
Mind 98
Shinee 92
hero 69
Sharp 66
Sea.KH 63
sorry 62
Snow 53
Barracks 52
Hyun 43
Bale 30
Trap 27
ToSsGirL 22
Terrorterran 20
NaDa 18
Rock 16
scan(afreeca) 14
Sacsri 10
Noble 9
zelot 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5444
Dendi1417
420jenkins309
XaKoH 80
League of Legends
Reynor70
Counter-Strike
fl0m3524
Fnx 692
x6flipin608
edward26
pashabiceps0
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes385
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1353
hiko969
FrodaN418
B2W.Neo404
XBOCT235
Liquid`VortiX218
Livibee195
QueenE98
TKL 80
Mew2King42
ZerO(Twitch)18
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV166
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 62
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 42
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV649
League of Legends
• Nemesis4140
• TFBlade685
Other Games
• Shiphtur489
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
7h 37m
Patches Events
23h 37m
The PondCast
1d 17h
INu's Battles
1d 18h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.