• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:36
CEST 05:36
KST 12:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6381 users

Ustream tutorial - HD Video, Game sound, and Mic - Page 13

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 20 Next All
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19259 Posts
September 23 2010 21:41 GMT
#241
On September 24 2010 02:48 yourwhiteshadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 14 2010 05:38 tofucake wrote:
@Ktzero3: Lowering keyframe rate should lower processing requirements, and make your stream a bit smoother (but lower quality if you jump around a lot). Also, you can boost your stream quality by sticking SC1 on 1 core and FMLE on 3. Video processing/encoding is one of the very few things that is a greedy multitasker. Also, why did you underclock your RAM? Also, you can use a program called Virtual Audio Cable to pump a bunch of different sources into a single output line and have FMLE use that as audio.


On September 14 2010 03:42 dotFX wrote:
Ok, I have a Soundblaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio card and It doesn't support stereo mixer in the recording devices, and only has it's own mixer that is not recognized by FMLE. Does anyone know a work arround?

What OS are you on?


lowering keyframe rate WILL make the stream smoother, but it increases processor load as its an encoded frame with as little loss in quality as possible. higher quality = more proc power needed. increasing keyframe rate, then increases proc power.

I don't even........what? Lowering the rate means increasing the time between keyframes. How does processor load increase when you lower keyframe rate and raise when you increase keyframe rate? Please make sense.
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
Ic3d
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada187 Posts
October 01 2010 19:03 GMT
#242
To clarify this. I am getting an awesome frame rate and zero drop frames but the stream is kind of artifacty and pixelated. I currently have keyframes set to 10 on VH and in FLME. To fix the pixelation should I drop the keyframes from 10 to 1 or 2?

My computer is brand new and will take any load, I also have a 15/15 MBps connection.

http://ic3d.ca -- Lots of cool stuff :P
Messias
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark4 Posts
October 05 2010 16:22 GMT
#243
Hey - I have a problem.

I can stream and in good quality, but when i go into sc2 my screen is black on the stream and the only thing the viewers can see is my mice

Help!
Sorry 4 Skillz
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19259 Posts
October 05 2010 17:00 GMT
#244
On October 02 2010 04:03 Ic3d wrote:
To clarify this. I am getting an awesome frame rate and zero drop frames but the stream is kind of artifacty and pixelated. I currently have keyframes set to 10 on VH and in FLME. To fix the pixelation should I drop the keyframes from 10 to 1 or 2?

My computer is brand new and will take any load, I also have a 15/15 MBps connection.


That's not dropping, it's increasing, and will cause more problems than it's worth.
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19259 Posts
October 05 2010 17:01 GMT
#245
On October 06 2010 01:22 Messias wrote:
Hey - I have a problem.

I can stream and in good quality, but when i go into sc2 my screen is black on the stream and the only thing the viewers can see is my mice

Help!

Play Windowed Fullscreen or Windowed.
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
Messias
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark4 Posts
October 05 2010 17:23 GMT
#246
On October 06 2010 02:01 tofucake wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 06 2010 01:22 Messias wrote:
Hey - I have a problem.

I can stream and in good quality, but when i go into sc2 my screen is black on the stream and the only thing the viewers can see is my mice

Help!

Play Windowed Fullscreen or Windowed.


tytyty!
Sorry 4 Skillz
iSop
Profile Joined November 2009
United States6 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-11 22:09:14
October 11 2010 03:25 GMT
#247
I have 2 problems. I have everything installed but for some reason FMLE wont let me pick the resolution for my main monitor which is 1920x1200 it only allowed me to pick 1920x1080 which is my second (not set to main) monitor that i wish to have like chat and stuff open while streaming.

(I was able to figure out this problem, i have no choice but to change my monitor resolution before streaming because of the aspect ratio for the stream. I typed this and left my original problem just in case someone else has it.)

And the last problem is, i have tried setting stream up on uStream and as well as Justin.tv but my FPS sucks. Below is my settings and computer spec.

H.264 (Main / 5.1 / 5sec keyframe)
Input 1920x1080 (wont allow me to get 1920x1200)
Output 1920x1080
Bit Rate 800

AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core Processor 2.50 GHz
6gig Ram
Nvidia 9800gt video card
Starcraft2 graphic settings reduced to medium

Anyone know what the problem might be that i should look into. I have comcast burst internet which gives me 25+mbps down and 5+mbps up

Thanks

Helluva
Profile Joined September 2010
United States651 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-11 04:44:00
October 11 2010 04:43 GMT
#248
On October 11 2010 12:25 iSop wrote:
I have 2 problems. I have everything installed but for some reason FMLE wont let me pick the resolution for my main monitor which is 1920x1200 it only allowed me to pick 1920x1080 which is my second (not set to main) monitor that i wish to have like chat and stuff open while streaming.

I have the same problem with the resolution size. Any solutions will be greatly appreciated.
<3
Garamor
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada22 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-11 09:59:18
October 11 2010 09:36 GMT
#249
Ahh, nevermind, I managed to fix the problem by opening the .xml file and finding the url it provides me, copy pasting that as the server url for my stream. Great tutorial, by the way!
Less is more
countolaf
Profile Joined October 2010
Georgia38 Posts
October 13 2010 08:24 GMT
#250
Hi guys,

I'd like to ask here because I'm thinking of purchasing the newest version of Wirecast? Is it worth buying it? or is it just like other crappy softwares?
Just your random person..
-Kareem-
Profile Joined August 2010
44 Posts
October 13 2010 09:05 GMT
#251
On October 13 2010 17:24 countolaf wrote:
Hi guys,

I'd like to ask here because I'm thinking of purchasing the newest version of Wirecast? Is it worth buying it? or is it just like other crappy softwares?


If you're using it to just stream games like everyone else, then yeah it is probably a waste of $450.00 if you have something else planned for it then maybe
"lol cella handles sc players like chris brown does rihanna"
countolaf
Profile Joined October 2010
Georgia38 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-13 10:00:23
October 13 2010 09:28 GMT
#252
On October 13 2010 18:05 -Kareem- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2010 17:24 countolaf wrote:
Hi guys,

I'd like to ask here because I'm thinking of purchasing the newest version of Wirecast? Is it worth buying it? or is it just like other crappy softwares?


If you're using it to just stream games like everyone else, then yeah it is probably a waste of $450.00 if you have something else planned for it then maybe


Thanks Kareem. I have a copy of Wirecast PRO that is free for Freedocast.com streamers. I really don't like the interface of the wirecast and on how it works overall

Theres this software called xSplit broadcaster located at xsplit.com given to me by a friend who loves streaming games. I tried it and so far I find it slick. have you used them or anyone here have had some experience with it?
Just your random person..
.kv
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States2332 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-13 12:11:01
October 13 2010 11:49 GMT
#253
I'm still not getting sound from the computer when I have stereo mix? I'm looking in my recording tab and don't see any noise coming out of it
immortalitysc2
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States43 Posts
October 13 2010 23:40 GMT
#254
what about streaming with live stream? i have 1,2 mbps down and 500-700 kbps up spd on a12mbliane i stream at1000x500 at 500 kbps the qual is poor my native reso is 1366x768 pls help
http://www.livestream.com/immortalitysc2
Bowdy
Profile Joined April 2010
United States232 Posts
October 13 2010 23:42 GMT
#255
1000x500 isnt even the same aspect ratio, why would you think that would look good.... anyways, 500kbps is only gonna look so good, and if thats all your upload speed is you're kinda stuck with it. if you get a better connection switch to ustream
bowdy.smiteam.net
immortalitysc2
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States43 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-13 23:53:00
October 13 2010 23:50 GMT
#256
damn so i cant get better quality at all?
here this is my stream how is the quality? good or bad? and is there anything at all i can try to get better quality?
http://www.livestream.com/immortalitysc2/video?clipId=pla_63bf7f5a-b49c-452c-8070-98804fa2b66f&utm_source=lslibrary&utm_medium=ui-thumb
http://www.livestream.com/immortalitysc2
Bowdy
Profile Joined April 2010
United States232 Posts
October 14 2010 00:11 GMT
#257
yeah lower resolution to 960x540
bowdy.smiteam.net
Poo
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada536 Posts
October 14 2010 05:58 GMT
#258
I'm having some resolution issues myself. I'm on a 1680 x 1050 monitor and am inputting 1920x1080 and have an output of 808x504.. ive found elsewise i get purple around my screen.. am i going wrong somewhere? my fps is just a mess and im assuming due to my modifications of the screen size..
Try hard or don't try at all.
Huko
Profile Joined April 2010
United States324 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-15 03:53:38
October 15 2010 03:30 GMT
#259
Hey, basically new to streaming, finally got me a computer that can do it. I am using SCFH (happens on VHCap also). My quality is pretty good (even though I got no clue how to get better quality, just fooling around. My problem is, when stuff moves, it gets really choppy, but when it sits still it gets clear!
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/10208834

That is the problem I am having. I read the OP, not much more though. If anyone could let me know why this is happening and how to fix it, that would be awesome! Oh also, what do I change for better quality? Don't know what my computer can handle, so I wanna see what I can go to.
http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/559/settingsn.png
(too wide for image)
Speedtest
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
countolaf
Profile Joined October 2010
Georgia38 Posts
October 15 2010 06:42 GMT
#260
I initially thought the quality when you're moving it around is pretty good until I viewed it in full screen.

Choppy broadcast can be attributed to many factors like frame rate and stuff. Whats the spec of your computer anyway?

On October 15 2010 12:30 Huko wrote:
Hey, basically new to streaming, finally got me a computer that can do it. I am using SCFH (happens on VHCap also). My quality is pretty good (even though I got no clue how to get better quality, just fooling around. My problem is, when stuff moves, it gets really choppy, but when it sits still it gets clear!
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/10208834

That is the problem I am having. I read the OP, not much more though. If anyone could let me know why this is happening and how to fix it, that would be awesome! Oh also, what do I change for better quality? Don't know what my computer can handle, so I wanna see what I can go to.
http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/559/settingsn.png
(too wide for image)
Speedtest
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Just your random person..
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 20 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
09:00
#102
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft533
RuFF_SC2 205
ViBE104
Nina 77
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4673
GuemChi 1247
Terrorterran 94
910 76
NaDa 30
Bale 28
Leta 22
Dota 2
monkeys_forever451
Counter-Strike
taco 551
minikerr18
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1073
Other Games
summit1g6977
JimRising 597
C9.Mang0250
Trikslyr44
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick768
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream29
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP117
• Hupsaiya 114
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo1034
• Stunt309
Other Games
• Shiphtur548
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
12h 24m
The PondCast
1d 6h
INu's Battles
1d 7h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 18h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.