• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:58
CEST 11:58
KST 18:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon107
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7612 users

The future of Protoss. Is there any hope? - Page 36

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 34 35 36 37 38 46 Next All
Jerubaal
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States7684 Posts
January 29 2022 16:24 GMT
#701
On January 29 2022 06:02 Charoisaur wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 29 2022 04:33 Jerubaal wrote:
I just realized that the Liberator is what Protoss has been begging for since WoL- an early game harass/pressure unit that doesn't then become completely useless.


Oracle? Phoenix? DT?
okay Phoenix is arguable if it's still useful later - only in specific situations


I mean, it is kind of funny how, as you point out, phoenix loses its utility later in the game compared to corrupto. The viking is so good that it stops protoss from making colossus entirely. We'd see more of it if Protoss kept making colossus after the initial few.

I don't know if you can really classify DT as early game harass. It's an extremely cheesy all-in, at best. Oracles are paperweights. They have the minor, niche use of keeping Revelation on Corruptor/Viper armies.
I'm not stupid, a marauder just shot my brain.
honorablemacroterran
Profile Joined January 2022
188 Posts
Last Edited: 2022-01-29 16:33:08
January 29 2022 16:27 GMT
#702
DT rushes should not be all-ins, according to pros. Oracles are very strong and Creator even said they are the only good thing about Protoss when he was asked what's good about Protoss.
Charoisaur
Profile Joined August 2014
Germany16095 Posts
January 29 2022 17:00 GMT
#703
On January 30 2022 01:24 Jerubaal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 29 2022 06:02 Charoisaur wrote:
On January 29 2022 04:33 Jerubaal wrote:
I just realized that the Liberator is what Protoss has been begging for since WoL- an early game harass/pressure unit that doesn't then become completely useless.


Oracle? Phoenix? DT?
okay Phoenix is arguable if it's still useful later - only in specific situations


I mean, it is kind of funny how, as you point out, phoenix loses its utility later in the game compared to corrupto. The viking is so good that it stops protoss from making colossus entirely. We'd see more of it if Protoss kept making colossus after the initial few.

I don't know if you can really classify DT as early game harass. It's an extremely cheesy all-in, at best. Oracles are paperweights. They have the minor, niche use of keeping Revelation on Corruptor/Viper armies.


Yeah DT openings are not necessarily allins, especially not with the follow-up Archon harass.
I wouldn't call Revelation a "minor, niche" use as it's extremely good and important in the later game
Many of the coolest moments in sc2 happen due to worker harassment
[Phantom]
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
Mexico2170 Posts
January 29 2022 19:26 GMT
#704
The oracle is pretty nifty, I just wish it had more health, or maybe the cloack ability from HotS. The problem is that it comes too early and oracle rushes were too strong, so they can't make it have much health and they had to create a band-aid thing making the ability cost 25 energy during activation.

As for the Dts I'd say they are either a cheese/all in or a lategame harass option. If they don't deal damage the enemy just goes and kills you, even with archons. Maybe saying all in is wrong since you don't necessarily need to kill the opponent, but you cannot just kill 3 workers and call it succesful either. I think blink definitely helped them not be hard countered lategame (and maybe too strong in certain situations).

If I could change protoss some way is to make stargate more useful vs terran in non-cheese situations. Terran just straight up counters stargate tech if they decide to atack. Phoenix play relies on keeping the terran in it's base and cutting off reinforcements.

In general I just don't like Protoss over reliance on AoE and key units and feel that's why they suffer in pro play. Makes it the most punishing race.

You played great but you lost your Aoe? be prepred to just die in the next wave of atack, nothing you can do about it. I feel Terran and Zerg can afford more mistakes in general, Though obviously when you "complete the puzzle" as tasstosis say, Protoss is indeed very strong

WriterTeamLiquid Staff writer since 2014 @Mortal_Phantom
Beelzebub1
Profile Joined May 2015
1005 Posts
January 29 2022 22:02 GMT
#705
On January 30 2022 04:26 [Phantom] wrote:
The oracle is pretty nifty, I just wish it had more health, or maybe the cloack ability from HotS. The problem is that it comes too early and oracle rushes were too strong, so they can't make it have much health and they had to create a band-aid thing making the ability cost 25 energy during activation.

As for the Dts I'd say they are either a cheese/all in or a lategame harass option. If they don't deal damage the enemy just goes and kills you, even with archons. Maybe saying all in is wrong since you don't necessarily need to kill the opponent, but you cannot just kill 3 workers and call it succesful either. I think blink definitely helped them not be hard countered lategame (and maybe too strong in certain situations).

If I could change protoss some way is to make stargate more useful vs terran in non-cheese situations. Terran just straight up counters stargate tech if they decide to atack. Phoenix play relies on keeping the terran in it's base and cutting off reinforcements.

In general I just don't like Protoss over reliance on AoE and key units and feel that's why they suffer in pro play. Makes it the most punishing race.

You played great but you lost your Aoe? be prepred to just die in the next wave of atack, nothing you can do about it. I feel Terran and Zerg can afford more mistakes in general, Though obviously when you "complete the puzzle" as tasstosis say, Protoss is indeed very strong



I think it's safe to say, at this point, that Protoss is the easiest race to play below the top level, but definitely the hardest at the top.

At the lower levels Protoss just have so much flexibility and build variety, as well as powerful AoE that without god tier micro you just get melted.

Disruptors and Templar are insanely strong, until you're playing at 350 + apm and can reliably micro out of them, then they suck. Pro players are also experts at scouting and reads, so the odds of catching someone like Serral off guard with a timing is slim to none. He scouts, he counts gas, gateways, he instantly knows what he's doing.

Compare that to me, Mr. lowbie diamond league. I go in and scout, make the wrong read, get DESTROYED.


darklycid
Profile Joined May 2014
3562 Posts
January 29 2022 22:07 GMT
#706
On January 30 2022 07:02 Beelzebub1 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2022 04:26 [Phantom] wrote:
The oracle is pretty nifty, I just wish it had more health, or maybe the cloack ability from HotS. The problem is that it comes too early and oracle rushes were too strong, so they can't make it have much health and they had to create a band-aid thing making the ability cost 25 energy during activation.

As for the Dts I'd say they are either a cheese/all in or a lategame harass option. If they don't deal damage the enemy just goes and kills you, even with archons. Maybe saying all in is wrong since you don't necessarily need to kill the opponent, but you cannot just kill 3 workers and call it succesful either. I think blink definitely helped them not be hard countered lategame (and maybe too strong in certain situations).

If I could change protoss some way is to make stargate more useful vs terran in non-cheese situations. Terran just straight up counters stargate tech if they decide to atack. Phoenix play relies on keeping the terran in it's base and cutting off reinforcements.

In general I just don't like Protoss over reliance on AoE and key units and feel that's why they suffer in pro play. Makes it the most punishing race.

You played great but you lost your Aoe? be prepred to just die in the next wave of atack, nothing you can do about it. I feel Terran and Zerg can afford more mistakes in general, Though obviously when you "complete the puzzle" as tasstosis say, Protoss is indeed very strong



I think it's safe to say, at this point, that Protoss is the easiest race to play below the top level, but definitely the hardest at the top.

At the lower levels Protoss just have so much flexibility and build variety, as well as powerful AoE that without god tier micro you just get melted.

Disruptors and Templar are insanely strong, until you're playing at 350 + apm and can reliably micro out of them, then they suck. Pro players are also experts at scouting and reads, so the odds of catching someone like Serral off guard with a timing is slim to none. He scouts, he counts gas, gateways, he instantly knows what he's doing.

Compare that to me, Mr. lowbie diamond league. I go in and scout, make the wrong read, get DESTROYED.



With stargate styles i'd agree, i dont think the ground styles are that much easier (if talking pvz).
Beelzebub1
Profile Joined May 2015
1005 Posts
January 29 2022 22:40 GMT
#707
On January 30 2022 07:07 darklycid wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2022 07:02 Beelzebub1 wrote:
On January 30 2022 04:26 [Phantom] wrote:
The oracle is pretty nifty, I just wish it had more health, or maybe the cloack ability from HotS. The problem is that it comes too early and oracle rushes were too strong, so they can't make it have much health and they had to create a band-aid thing making the ability cost 25 energy during activation.

As for the Dts I'd say they are either a cheese/all in or a lategame harass option. If they don't deal damage the enemy just goes and kills you, even with archons. Maybe saying all in is wrong since you don't necessarily need to kill the opponent, but you cannot just kill 3 workers and call it succesful either. I think blink definitely helped them not be hard countered lategame (and maybe too strong in certain situations).

If I could change protoss some way is to make stargate more useful vs terran in non-cheese situations. Terran just straight up counters stargate tech if they decide to atack. Phoenix play relies on keeping the terran in it's base and cutting off reinforcements.

In general I just don't like Protoss over reliance on AoE and key units and feel that's why they suffer in pro play. Makes it the most punishing race.

You played great but you lost your Aoe? be prepred to just die in the next wave of atack, nothing you can do about it. I feel Terran and Zerg can afford more mistakes in general, Though obviously when you "complete the puzzle" as tasstosis say, Protoss is indeed very strong



I think it's safe to say, at this point, that Protoss is the easiest race to play below the top level, but definitely the hardest at the top.

At the lower levels Protoss just have so much flexibility and build variety, as well as powerful AoE that without god tier micro you just get melted.

Disruptors and Templar are insanely strong, until you're playing at 350 + apm and can reliably micro out of them, then they suck. Pro players are also experts at scouting and reads, so the odds of catching someone like Serral off guard with a timing is slim to none. He scouts, he counts gas, gateways, he instantly knows what he's doing.

Compare that to me, Mr. lowbie diamond league. I go in and scout, make the wrong read, get DESTROYED.



With stargate styles i'd agree, i dont think the ground styles are that much easier (if talking pvz).


No they really aren't much easier. Here's to hoping that Microsoft puts the AoE team on SC2 and we can get a few minor little balance tweaks.

I seriously think SC2 balance is like, 95% perfect. That 5% to me goes for things like what we are talking about, Zerg being a bit OP vs. Protoss.

Funnily enough, both of the last 2 real balance patches included nerfs to Zerg and buffs to Protoss :O Been so long since we've had a patch I didn't even realize.
deacon.frost
Profile Joined February 2013
Czech Republic12133 Posts
Last Edited: 2022-01-29 23:12:45
January 29 2022 23:06 GMT
#708
On January 30 2022 07:02 Beelzebub1 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2022 04:26 [Phantom] wrote:
The oracle is pretty nifty, I just wish it had more health, or maybe the cloack ability from HotS. The problem is that it comes too early and oracle rushes were too strong, so they can't make it have much health and they had to create a band-aid thing making the ability cost 25 energy during activation.

As for the Dts I'd say they are either a cheese/all in or a lategame harass option. If they don't deal damage the enemy just goes and kills you, even with archons. Maybe saying all in is wrong since you don't necessarily need to kill the opponent, but you cannot just kill 3 workers and call it succesful either. I think blink definitely helped them not be hard countered lategame (and maybe too strong in certain situations).

If I could change protoss some way is to make stargate more useful vs terran in non-cheese situations. Terran just straight up counters stargate tech if they decide to atack. Phoenix play relies on keeping the terran in it's base and cutting off reinforcements.

In general I just don't like Protoss over reliance on AoE and key units and feel that's why they suffer in pro play. Makes it the most punishing race.

You played great but you lost your Aoe? be prepred to just die in the next wave of atack, nothing you can do about it. I feel Terran and Zerg can afford more mistakes in general, Though obviously when you "complete the puzzle" as tasstosis say, Protoss is indeed very strong



I think it's safe to say, at this point, that Protoss is the easiest race to play below the top level, but definitely the hardest at the top.

At the lower levels Protoss just have so much flexibility and build variety, as well as powerful AoE that without god tier micro you just get melted.

Disruptors and Templar are insanely strong, until you're playing at 350 + apm and can reliably micro out of them, then they suck. Pro players are also experts at scouting and reads, so the odds of catching someone like Serral off guard with a timing is slim to none. He scouts, he counts gas, gateways, he instantly knows what he's doing.

Compare that to me, Mr. lowbie diamond league. I go in and scout, make the wrong read, get DESTROYED.



Eh, IMO that's not exactly correct. Protoss is the best race for a BO1 style competition. That's why Protoss dominates the ladder, it's because the Big Book of Protoss Bullshit. as a random I would say the easiest race at diamond-ish level is zerg. The issue is if you play turtle and let Protoss get their air army, otherwise zerg rox. (my Protoss is like D2, Zerg P1/D3 and I don't wanna know how bad the Terran is xD)

Exactly the reason you described - you go in, you see, you can't tell. Because you don't have all the builds in your head and at the same time by being worse your opponents throw off every timing you may know from watching GM players

Edit> TBF as I mained Protoss for years I don't have issues with the reading. And honestly, I think that Zerg is just Protoss on steroids in the lower leagues. You have observers around your bases(tumors) and if they start clearing them - you get a warning! You have flying spotter pylons. You can mass produce all your units and workers! You have shitload of hard to counter AoEs where you don't have to press too many buttons. FFS when I play a TvZ against bio i just make ling/bane and amove it and forget. And it's a race if I run out of larvae before the enemy runs out of tanks. You can't do this with Protoss. And instaburrow lurkers against observer based land armies xD That's like the joke of the year. Hey, so I just rushed hive, build 6 corruptors and 3 overseers and now you just die to this invisible spiny tickly thingy. Protoss players are like - oooh, lookie, the lurkers disappeared thus they have to be dead!
I imagine France should be able to take this unless Lilbow is busy practicing for Starcraft III. | KadaverBB is my fairy ban mother.
Fanatic-Templar
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada5819 Posts
January 30 2022 01:31 GMT
#709
On January 30 2022 07:02 Beelzebub1 wrote:
I think it's safe to say, at this point, that Protoss is the easiest race to play below the top level


Is it? I've seen low level players, and they absolutely cannot handle Planetary Fortresses. Completely lose their minds to them. Every time I've checked, the lower leagues have been swamped with Terrans.
I bear this sig to commemorate the loss of the team icon that commemorated Oversky's 2008-2009 Proleague Round 1 performance.
Beelzebub1
Profile Joined May 2015
1005 Posts
January 30 2022 01:47 GMT
#710
On January 30 2022 10:31 Fanatic-Templar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2022 07:02 Beelzebub1 wrote:
I think it's safe to say, at this point, that Protoss is the easiest race to play below the top level


Is it? I've seen low level players, and they absolutely cannot handle Planetary Fortresses. Completely lose their minds to them. Every time I've checked, the lower leagues have been swamped with Terrans.


I mean, "low level" is a pretty broad term in Starcraft 2. But yes, I would say that Protoss below the top level is at least, the least mechanically demanding of the races.

But it completely flips at the top level, Protoss have to macro and micro flawlessly to beat a similar skilled Zerg.
Jerubaal
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States7684 Posts
Last Edited: 2022-01-30 16:38:47
January 30 2022 16:29 GMT
#711
Gold Zergs are a real thing.

On January 30 2022 01:27 honorablemacroterran wrote:
DT rushes should not be all-ins, according to pros. Oracles are very strong and Creator even said they are the only good thing about Protoss when he was asked what's good about Protoss.


Oracles are strong in their position, but not in the way I was describing.
I'm not stupid, a marauder just shot my brain.
InfCereal
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada1759 Posts
January 30 2022 16:36 GMT
#712
On January 30 2022 10:47 Beelzebub1 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2022 10:31 Fanatic-Templar wrote:
On January 30 2022 07:02 Beelzebub1 wrote:
I think it's safe to say, at this point, that Protoss is the easiest race to play below the top level


Is it? I've seen low level players, and they absolutely cannot handle Planetary Fortresses. Completely lose their minds to them. Every time I've checked, the lower leagues have been swamped with Terrans.


I mean, "low level" is a pretty broad term in Starcraft 2. But yes, I would say that Protoss below the top level is at least, the least mechanically demanding of the races.

But it completely flips at the top level, Protoss have to macro and micro flawlessly to beat a similar skilled Zerg.


The problem with this argument surfaces when you realize people think DNS and Serral are equally skilled
Cereal
Beelzebub1
Profile Joined May 2015
1005 Posts
January 30 2022 19:46 GMT
#713
On January 31 2022 01:36 InfCereal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2022 10:47 Beelzebub1 wrote:
On January 30 2022 10:31 Fanatic-Templar wrote:
On January 30 2022 07:02 Beelzebub1 wrote:
I think it's safe to say, at this point, that Protoss is the easiest race to play below the top level


Is it? I've seen low level players, and they absolutely cannot handle Planetary Fortresses. Completely lose their minds to them. Every time I've checked, the lower leagues have been swamped with Terrans.


I mean, "low level" is a pretty broad term in Starcraft 2. But yes, I would say that Protoss below the top level is at least, the least mechanically demanding of the races.

But it completely flips at the top level, Protoss have to macro and micro flawlessly to beat a similar skilled Zerg.


The problem with this argument surfaces when you realize people think DNS and Serral are equally skilled


I would be shocked if I saw someone say that lol
deacon.frost
Profile Joined February 2013
Czech Republic12133 Posts
January 30 2022 22:37 GMT
#714
On January 30 2022 10:47 Beelzebub1 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2022 10:31 Fanatic-Templar wrote:
On January 30 2022 07:02 Beelzebub1 wrote:
I think it's safe to say, at this point, that Protoss is the easiest race to play below the top level


Is it? I've seen low level players, and they absolutely cannot handle Planetary Fortresses. Completely lose their minds to them. Every time I've checked, the lower leagues have been swamped with Terrans.


I mean, "low level" is a pretty broad term in Starcraft 2. But yes, I would say that Protoss below the top level is at least, the least mechanically demanding of the races.

But it completely flips at the top level, Protoss have to macro and micro flawlessly to beat a similar skilled Zerg.

Bellow the top level means also bellow masters. And I dare to say that the least mechanically demanding is mech. These generalisations are kinda pointless, especially because bellow mid masters you can play anything and it's generally about "who does less mistakes and gets less supply blocked".
I imagine France should be able to take this unless Lilbow is busy practicing for Starcraft III. | KadaverBB is my fairy ban mother.
Comedy
Profile Joined March 2016
469 Posts
Last Edited: 2022-01-31 00:44:44
January 31 2022 00:43 GMT
#715
i think it's fine to have protoss be this really easy to use race and execute few good strats with and easily get grandmaster.

but you can't have that keep working all the way up to the top cuz it would be ridiculously imbalanced.

it's really difficult to balance how easy protoss is to use and beat players with that are much better at multitask/micro/macro, at the top level,

even now it still happens. people like maxpax just use clever builds and make voidrays but have no real army control or micro, but get great results
Beelzebub1
Profile Joined May 2015
1005 Posts
January 31 2022 02:15 GMT
#716
On January 31 2022 09:43 Comedy wrote:
i think it's fine to have protoss be this really easy to use race and execute few good strats with and easily get grandmaster.

but you can't have that keep working all the way up to the top cuz it would be ridiculously imbalanced.

it's really difficult to balance how easy protoss is to use and beat players with that are much better at multitask/micro/macro, at the top level,

even now it still happens. people like maxpax just use clever builds and make voidrays but have no real army control or micro, but get great results


First off, MaxPax definitely has good army control and micro, honestly I don't even see how that's debatable. No he's not as good as Serral but who is besides Maru?

Second, I do agree that Protoss is hard to balance. I think that in the lower levels, Protoss AoE is devastating when you lack the micro and APM to play against it, but at the top level it flips on it's own head and the reliance on AoE becomes a liability instead.

In a perfect world, I would nerf the Carrier and Void Ray, nerf Oracle damage, and give Adepts, Sentries and Stalkers a serious look over. Adepts are just trash, marketed as a core unit but fills the role that the Reaper does, ie obsolete after the first 5 minutes of the game. Stalkers scale horribly past the mid game and the Sentry just...well....is an old unit. Old units just suffer from power creep over time.

Look at HoTS, they have to keep giving Raynor raw stat and talent buffs every so often just because he's so old and vanilla that the new hero's just kind of innately outclass him.
Jerubaal
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States7684 Posts
January 31 2022 02:52 GMT
#717
On January 31 2022 04:46 Beelzebub1 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2022 01:36 InfCereal wrote:
On January 30 2022 10:47 Beelzebub1 wrote:
On January 30 2022 10:31 Fanatic-Templar wrote:
On January 30 2022 07:02 Beelzebub1 wrote:
I think it's safe to say, at this point, that Protoss is the easiest race to play below the top level


Is it? I've seen low level players, and they absolutely cannot handle Planetary Fortresses. Completely lose their minds to them. Every time I've checked, the lower leagues have been swamped with Terrans.


I mean, "low level" is a pretty broad term in Starcraft 2. But yes, I would say that Protoss below the top level is at least, the least mechanically demanding of the races.

But it completely flips at the top level, Protoss have to macro and micro flawlessly to beat a similar skilled Zerg.


The problem with this argument surfaces when you realize people think DNS and Serral are equally skilled


I would be shocked if I saw someone say that lol


I mean, they do say this. The flipside of this thread is the people saying that there are too many Protoss in GM and the early rounds of tournaments. If anybody makes a balance complaint based around skill levels in from Bronze to Masters, they get told to get better and rise above it. For some reason, though, the low GM players feel like they've crossed the threshold and now we do have to fix their problems. And I think that the additions that Protoss are asking for are for more micro/skill based strategies that wouldn't necessarily effect lower leagues.
I'm not stupid, a marauder just shot my brain.
BonitiilloO
Profile Joined June 2013
Dominican Republic627 Posts
January 31 2022 03:36 GMT
#718
i have q honest question, when SC2 gonna received another balance patch?
How may help u?
deacon.frost
Profile Joined February 2013
Czech Republic12133 Posts
January 31 2022 09:31 GMT
#719
On January 31 2022 12:36 BonitiilloO wrote:
i have q honest question, when SC2 gonna received another balance patch?

According to the last Blizzard update about this - never. The exception being a huge imbalance like WoL BL/infestor
I imagine France should be able to take this unless Lilbow is busy practicing for Starcraft III. | KadaverBB is my fairy ban mother.
Jerubaal
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States7684 Posts
January 31 2022 17:24 GMT
#720
On January 31 2022 18:31 deacon.frost wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2022 12:36 BonitiilloO wrote:
i have q honest question, when SC2 gonna received another balance patch?

According to the last Blizzard update about this - never. The exception being a huge imbalance like WoL BL/infestor


Big sad.
I'm not stupid, a marauder just shot my brain.
Prev 1 34 35 36 37 38 46 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 1761
actioN 1189
Soma 677
EffOrt 436
Jaedong 326
Horang2 297
Pusan 197
Stork 151
BeSt 118
soO 101
[ Show more ]
hero 91
ZerO 84
Killer 81
HiyA 71
Rush 53
Shinee 36
Zeus 33
Bale 28
sorry 28
Sharp 28
Mong 26
NaDa 14
Terrorterran 14
Sexy 11
JulyZerg 8
Noble 8
Dota 2
Gorgc1757
XaKoH 235
Counter-Strike
edward46
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes856
WinterStarcraft786
Other Games
gofns51941
singsing1236
olofmeister1170
ceh9567
Livibee201
Pyrionflax139
ArmadaUGS47
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick574
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream495
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 27
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH347
• StrangeGG 41
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2316
League of Legends
• Jankos1669
• Rush1394
• Stunt395
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2m
CranKy Ducklings4
Afreeca Starleague
2m
Leta vs Soulkey
Afreeca ASL 1507
StarCastTV_EN17
PiGosaur Cup
14h 2m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 1h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.