• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:17
CEST 16:17
KST 23:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War505.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7975 users

Hybrid Settings 3.0 - LOTV Edition - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
rotta
Profile Joined December 2011
5653 Posts
November 15 2015 15:20 GMT
#21
I've been expecting this, thanks!
don't wall off against random
Klenz
Profile Joined November 2011
France6 Posts
November 15 2015 15:51 GMT
#22
Thank you man
Kayzer.
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany79 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-11-16 14:56:22
November 16 2015 12:11 GMT
#23
hi, thanks for this!

unfortunately I have some issues with the extreme hybrid settings. I already did all the troubleshooting stuff from your post (minus graphics driver update, using windows 10 so I guess they are up to date).

you can see the problems I have here: http://imgur.com/a/yj7Wk

I think the red stuff is supposed to be water, you can see some ripples at the edges. the other background textures on the map work fine (clouds).
the first screenshot shows the natural expansion. the minerals there have graphic artifacts that are constantly flickering. very annoying. other expansions still have the artifacts (some of them) but they dont flicker. any help would be appreciated.

btw I have vsync on there (I think I had some issues w. screen tearing on my old pc), I already tried switching that off but it did't change anything.

also, the only "cache" folder I could find is the one is program data/blizz/sc2/maps. should I also delete the "userCache.bin" in sc2/versions/shaders39254 ?

edit: problem was fixed by setting shaders to medium. I have shadows on medium too and the rest on high/extreme. works fine now, thanks existor.
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-11-16 14:20:25
November 16 2015 12:40 GMT
#24
also, the only "cache" folder I could find is the one is program data/blizz/sc2/maps. should I also delete the "userCache.bin" in sc2/versions/shaders39254 ?

Try to do that. All these red (and possible pink / black) stuff come from lighting=0 parameter, which turns off any custom lighting in the game.

Reformatted and updated 1st post again. There are less lines to add to variables for Hybeid settings. Medium and Extreme are merged into one. Instructions were updated also.
Vanadiel
Profile Joined April 2012
France961 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-11-16 22:58:55
November 16 2015 22:57 GMT
#25
Excellent, I was waiting for it. By the way, a bit off topic but I'd be glad if I could get some help, since I have installed Windows 10 on my computer(or maybe the big UI patch?), I am unable to run the game in a 16 : 9 ratio on my 16:10 monitor(1680 : 1050). Before, I was able to go in the variables file and just with height=945 and width=1680 and it would go as I want. But now it goes fullscreen whatever I do, and 1600x900 is not even available in the usual options.

The only way I am able to play in 16 : 9 ratio is by plugging my TV which is recognize as 16 : 9 monitor and duplicate the monitor to the tv : only then 1600x900 can be selected in the options.

Has anyone encounter this problem and knows how to solve it? Thanks
TelecoM
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States10872 Posts
November 16 2015 23:38 GMT
#26
You can't get banned for using this?
AKA: TelecoM[WHITE] Protoss fighting
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
November 17 2015 01:16 GMT
#27
On November 17 2015 08:38 GGzerG wrote:
You can't get banned for using this?

For changing graphic settings? You serious?
shin_toss
Profile Joined May 2010
Philippines2589 Posts
November 17 2015 01:24 GMT
#28
Quick Question: Why are my Cinematics and Cutscenes are like 360p quality is it because:

1.: My graphics settings are in Medium ( in hots and wol, its also in medium, but cinematics are in full HD reso)

Or

2. I havent fully DL'd the patch. still has around 2GB left when I started playing.

thanks
AKMU / IU
TelecoM
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States10872 Posts
November 17 2015 03:17 GMT
#29
On November 17 2015 10:16 Existor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 17 2015 08:38 GGzerG wrote:
You can't get banned for using this?

For changing graphic settings? You serious?

For changing the files in the variables folder, yes I was serious and that's why I asked the question. I was curious but I guess curiosity killed the cat. =p
AKA: TelecoM[WHITE] Protoss fighting
Morosho
Profile Joined November 2015
4 Posts
November 17 2015 05:17 GMT
#30
I just installed it following the instructions above, but I am getting really weird colors on the initial screens (a red planet, very weirded colored 3D models in the campaign, etc)

Any way to fix that?
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
November 17 2015 09:28 GMT
#31
On November 17 2015 14:17 Morosho wrote:
I just installed it following the instructions above, but I am getting really weird colors on the initial screens (a red planet, very weirded colored 3D models in the campaign, etc)

Any way to fix that?

Thats intented to be like that. No fix for that
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
November 17 2015 09:30 GMT
#32
On November 17 2015 12:17 GGzerG wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 17 2015 10:16 Existor wrote:
On November 17 2015 08:38 GGzerG wrote:
You can't get banned for using this?

For changing graphic settings? You serious?

For changing the files in the variables folder, yes I was serious and that's why I asked the question. I was curious but I guess curiosity killed the cat. =p

You know that Documents/Starcraft 2 is completely your folder, that folder automatically creates when you launching StarCraft 2 for the first time. Thats not game files.
YellOwSky
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada156 Posts
November 18 2015 16:20 GMT
#33
Thank you so much!
I love the update!
RaegoNor
Profile Joined November 2015
Poland2 Posts
November 19 2015 12:19 GMT
#34
great thing are those settings but i got one problem , i've set all my setting to low and made it a hybrid so i got high models but what should i change to acquire Mothership Core building animation on nexus without screwing things up

Keep it up !
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-11-19 13:43:11
November 19 2015 13:20 GMT
#35
On November 19 2015 21:19 RaegoNor wrote:
great thing are those settings but i got one problem , i've set all my setting to low and made it a hybrid so i got high models but what should i change to acquire Mothership Core building animation on nexus without screwing things up

Keep it up !

Set Effects to Medium, then re-add Hybrid Settings lines
RaegoNor
Profile Joined November 2015
Poland2 Posts
November 19 2015 13:57 GMT
#36
so it was that simple ... too bad i was too lazy to investigate it myself but thx alot man it works
stay awesome!
ValidParties
Profile Joined November 2015
12 Posts
November 20 2015 07:04 GMT
#37
Question: LotV now outlines small units hiding behind structures.

[image loading]

I can only get them to show up on Medium Shaders. Is there any way to get them on Low Shaders?
Win[D]
Profile Joined May 2014
United States5 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-11-20 11:30:47
November 20 2015 11:24 GMT
#38
Not sure why this is, but I found that I was unable to play any game from the multiplayer tab after installing this (probably an improper copy/paste on my end tbh). but just in case anyone is having game freezes right when you try to start a game and it loads in. It always crashed when it attempted to transition to the actual game from the loading screen.

NOTE: this is strictly in game, main menu loads fine, all tabs open, campaign plays fine, only when entering a multiplayer game does it do this.

I only post this here because none of the usual crash/freeze fixes seemed to work, but when I replaced my variables.txt with the original I stopped having the issue. I'm sure it was my fault, but I do love hybrid settings so if anyone knows what I might have done wrong and could tell me how to fix it so I can use hybrid settings again(I used them in HotS) that would be super helpful.

NOTE:

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GT 745m (10.18.13.5354) (says it's up to date)
CPU: i7-4500U 1.8GHz 2.40Ghz
OS: Windows 10 x64 (eew, but I had 8 before, so anything was an improvement)
RAM: 8GB
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-11-20 12:16:48
November 20 2015 12:07 GMT
#39
On November 20 2015 16:04 ValidParties wrote:
Question: LotV now outlines small units hiding behind structures.

http://i.imgur.com/hnIIvw4.png

I can only get them to show up on Medium Shaders. Is there any way to get them on Low Shaders?

I tried to set halo=0 to 1 (that parameter defines these outlines, seems) while having low shaders, but it not works. Game resets this parameter. Seems this parameter is locked with shader level.

So, only on medium you can see unit outlines.

Not sure why this is, but I found that I was unable to play any game from the multiplayer tab after installing this (probably an improper copy/paste on my end tbh). but just in case anyone is having game freezes right when you try to start a game and it loads in. It always crashed when it attempted to transition to the actual game from the loading screen.

NOTE: this is strictly in game, main menu loads fine, all tabs open, campaign plays fine, only when entering a multiplayer game does it do this.

I only post this here because none of the usual crash/freeze fixes seemed to work, but when I replaced my variables.txt with the original I stopped having the issue. I'm sure it was my fault, but I do love hybrid settings so if anyone knows what I might have done wrong and could tell me how to fix it so I can use hybrid settings again(I used them in HotS) that would be super helpful.

DO you have these problems only with lighting=0 parameter?
ValidParties
Profile Joined November 2015
12 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-11-20 16:56:24
November 20 2015 16:55 GMT
#40
On November 20 2015 21:07 Existor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 20 2015 16:04 ValidParties wrote:
Question: LotV now outlines small units hiding behind structures.

http://i.imgur.com/hnIIvw4.png

I can only get them to show up on Medium Shaders. Is there any way to get them on Low Shaders?

I tried to set halo=0 to 1 (that parameter defines these outlines, seems) while having low shaders, but it not works. Game resets this parameter. Seems this parameter is locked with shader level.

So, only on medium you can see unit outlines.


Thanks for looking into it.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
21:00
ONSYDE Invitational
TaKeTV 348
TKL 243
CranKy Ducklings152
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Serral 1156
Lowko540
TKL 243
ProTech124
Rex 124
MindelVK 23
EmSc Tv 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 57727
Free 1776
Horang2 321
firebathero 243
Zeus 188
Last 110
Hyun 80
ToSsGirL 77
910 71
Trap 60
[ Show more ]
soO 32
Rock 21
Bishop 21
Aegong 18
scan(afreeca) 16
Noble 13
Sacsri 9
Icarus 8
Dota 2
Gorgc7643
Dendi911
XaKoH 425
420jenkins77
canceldota41
Counter-Strike
fl0m2629
byalli670
Other Games
singsing2264
Mlord446
Beastyqt377
KnowMe160
Liquid`VortiX104
DeMusliM102
QueenE74
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV225
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 12
EmSc2Tv 12
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP26
• StrangeGG 24
• Dystopia_ 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FT.aCt)Sony1
• Michael_bg 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2830
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1491
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
2h 43m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4h 43m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19h 43m
Patches Events
1d
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
OSC
1d 8h
OSC
1d 21h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.