• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:18
CEST 05:18
KST 12:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War395.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9836 users

Hybrid Settings 3.0 - LOTV Edition - Page 6

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 All
Drift2
Profile Joined March 2020
4 Posts
February 06 2021 18:24 GMT
#101
I cannot remove these settings from my pc. There is no lighting=0, and I am unable to remove them after uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Please help!
RaiZ
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
2813 Posts
February 06 2021 23:16 GMT
#102
It's lightingLevel=1 now. Just delete it, and it'll reset.
Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth. Oscar Wilde
AffectHead1773
Profile Joined February 2023
1 Post
February 25 2023 05:04 GMT
#103
Also have a problem where the game crashes on start up. Sometimes I get to the main menu, but then crashes about 10 seconds later.

Running on mac


Definitely seems to be the lighting=0 flag which is causing it. I have tried adding in all the commands except that one and the game runs fine. With the lighting=0 option, the game get to the loading screen and crashes.

Same here. But it us unplayable without it because the lighting is all glitchy.

My video card is NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M 1 GB

Looked in the ~/library/caches but didn't see anything blizzard or starcraft related.

I wondered if it was related to the variable files. There are two I think, a master and one in my account. No matter which one I add the comments to it crashes.

Any other suggestions how to get this to work?
Darkmatterx76
Profile Joined May 2023
2 Posts
May 06 2023 18:55 GMT
#104
I've been fiddling around with the settings in variables.txt but there's a lot of the settings that I'm not sure what they do exactly. Also, as we already know, some can and can't be changed depending on other dependencies.

What I wanted to know was, what's the "nicest" graphics I can have while still being able to see cloaked units easier as it is with everything low/off? Hybrid is somewhat better, but it just can't hold a candle to simple cloak. I guess the biggest loss is a bit of gloss and spec, and crappy force field & placement images before a building is started. Also, building models especially, have very soft looking textures even through I have "GraphicsOptionTextureQuality[2]=4"

I'd also love to know what "pixellight" & the various FoW options. There's one that's "fastfow" I think, which you would think would be lower quality, but who knows. FoW also has a texture option and a volume option. :/

Last question is that I need help finding the red dot of a nuke. I know I can hear the missile incoming when it gets close, but that's often to late. I play Zerg and am red/green color deficient, so it's very hard to find. I also lose the cursor during battles due to it turning a dark red when hovering over enemies. I know this isn't a txt issue, but I was wondering if it was ever brought up to Blizzard. Before they shelved SC2....

I know I'm asking to have my cake and eat it too, but it never hurts to ask.

Thanks!

DM
Monty1
Profile Joined February 2025
1 Post
February 02 2025 00:13 GMT
#105
Thank you so much, new to this but found the "Hybrid Settings" easy to install and functioning.
Prev 1 4 5 6 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings46
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 181
PiLiPiLi 47
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3267
ViBE150
Bale 24
Icarus 5
Dota 2
monkeys_forever379
NeuroSwarm217
Counter-Strike
taco 659
Other Games
summit1g6937
JimRising 576
WinterStarcraft408
C9.Mang0302
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1110
BasetradeTV182
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP110
• davetesta28
• practicex 25
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1086
• Shiphtur332
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
6h 43m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
8h 43m
AI Arena Tournament
13h 43m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
15h 43m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 6h
Patches Events
1d 11h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 15h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 15h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.