• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:00
CEST 23:00
KST 06:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026?
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 5536 users

Legacy of the Void: Multiplayer Development Update - Page 7

Forum Index > SC2 General
732 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 37 Next All
TheDwf
Profile Joined November 2011
France19747 Posts
February 12 2015 21:28 GMT
#121
On February 13 2015 06:26 [PkF] Wire wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 13 2015 06:24 TheDwf wrote:
On February 13 2015 06:23 [PkF] Wire wrote:
Errrrr... OK ? I don't get how P is ever gonna survive mass roaches attacks since you basically have no FFs anymore. They can burrow walk under FFs AND morph into ravagers that break FFs. I don't understand how you can deal with roach ravagers pushes.

You won't survive the Ravager/Bane bust phase anyway

I know you're joking but I'm supposed to be happy with it ? I see no way for P to expand safely, seriously. Ravagers come way too early and we rely so much on FFs to deal with baneling busts... Dunno.

From the bright side, this kind of problem will force them to look into the issue of early game Protoss, hopefully to recognize that the model of the FF/PO defence has to be destroyed
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
February 12 2015 21:29 GMT
#122
On February 13 2015 06:26 [PkF] Wire wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 13 2015 06:24 TheDwf wrote:
On February 13 2015 06:23 [PkF] Wire wrote:
Errrrr... OK ? I don't get how P is ever gonna survive mass roaches attacks since you basically have no FFs anymore. They can burrow walk under FFs AND morph into ravagers that break FFs. I don't understand how you can deal with roach ravagers pushes.

You won't survive the Ravager/Bane bust phase anyway

I know you're joking but I'm supposed to be happy with it ? I see no way for P to expand safely, seriously. Ravagers come way too early and we rely so much on FFs to deal with baneling busts... Dunno.


Well the new gateway core unit should take care of allowing you to survive early on, we don't know enough about it yet though.
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
February 12 2015 21:29 GMT
#123
On February 13 2015 06:28 TheDwf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 13 2015 06:26 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On February 13 2015 06:24 TheDwf wrote:
On February 13 2015 06:23 [PkF] Wire wrote:
Errrrr... OK ? I don't get how P is ever gonna survive mass roaches attacks since you basically have no FFs anymore. They can burrow walk under FFs AND morph into ravagers that break FFs. I don't understand how you can deal with roach ravagers pushes.

You won't survive the Ravager/Bane bust phase anyway

I know you're joking but I'm supposed to be happy with it ? I see no way for P to expand safely, seriously. Ravagers come way too early and we rely so much on FFs to deal with baneling busts... Dunno.

From the bright side, this kind of problem will force them to look into the issue of early game Protoss, hopefully to recognize that the model of the FF/PO defence has to be destroyed

If they destroy it medivac speed needs to go though.
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
February 12 2015 21:29 GMT
#124
On February 13 2015 06:26 [PkF] Wire wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 13 2015 06:24 TheDwf wrote:
On February 13 2015 06:23 [PkF] Wire wrote:
Errrrr... OK ? I don't get how P is ever gonna survive mass roaches attacks since you basically have no FFs anymore. They can burrow walk under FFs AND morph into ravagers that break FFs. I don't understand how you can deal with roach ravagers pushes.

You won't survive the Ravager/Bane bust phase anyway

I know you're joking but I'm supposed to be happy with it ? I see no way for P to expand safely, seriously. Ravagers come way too early and we rely so much on FFs to deal with baneling busts... Dunno.

Cannon rush every game
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
Alchemik
Profile Joined March 2014
Poland7124 Posts
February 12 2015 21:30 GMT
#125
On February 13 2015 06:26 [PkF] Wire wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 13 2015 06:24 TheDwf wrote:
On February 13 2015 06:23 [PkF] Wire wrote:
Errrrr... OK ? I don't get how P is ever gonna survive mass roaches attacks since you basically have no FFs anymore. They can burrow walk under FFs AND morph into ravagers that break FFs. I don't understand how you can deal with roach ravagers pushes.

You won't survive the Ravager/Bane bust phase anyway

I know you're joking but I'm supposed to be happy with it ? I see no way for P to expand safely, seriously. Ravagers come way too early and we rely so much on FFs to deal with baneling busts... Dunno.

I'd assume that's the point of that new unit, but dunno
ZenithM
Profile Joined February 2011
France15952 Posts
February 12 2015 21:30 GMT
#126
Damn, they do sound like they know what they're doing. I'm excited to see what's next. I just hope that by release time Terran won't have lost every single new unit ;D
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
February 12 2015 21:30 GMT
#127
On February 13 2015 06:30 Alchemik wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 13 2015 06:26 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On February 13 2015 06:24 TheDwf wrote:
On February 13 2015 06:23 [PkF] Wire wrote:
Errrrr... OK ? I don't get how P is ever gonna survive mass roaches attacks since you basically have no FFs anymore. They can burrow walk under FFs AND morph into ravagers that break FFs. I don't understand how you can deal with roach ravagers pushes.

You won't survive the Ravager/Bane bust phase anyway

I know you're joking but I'm supposed to be happy with it ? I see no way for P to expand safely, seriously. Ravagers come way too early and we rely so much on FFs to deal with baneling busts... Dunno.

I'd assume that's the point of that new unit, but dunno

Did it really sound like it to you ? Shades will definitely help me kill ravagers and banes.
Giant Robot
Profile Joined August 2012
38 Posts
February 12 2015 21:31 GMT
#128
I really like them getting rid of the herc, the overlap with hellbat made it very boring imo, the on the move construction unit they are hinting at is very interesting to me on the other hand big thumbs up on all the changes!

gg blizzard
Will Green bananas ruin banana bread?
TheDwf
Profile Joined November 2011
France19747 Posts
February 12 2015 21:31 GMT
#129
On February 13 2015 06:29 [PkF] Wire wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 13 2015 06:28 TheDwf wrote:
On February 13 2015 06:26 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On February 13 2015 06:24 TheDwf wrote:
On February 13 2015 06:23 [PkF] Wire wrote:
Errrrr... OK ? I don't get how P is ever gonna survive mass roaches attacks since you basically have no FFs anymore. They can burrow walk under FFs AND morph into ravagers that break FFs. I don't understand how you can deal with roach ravagers pushes.

You won't survive the Ravager/Bane bust phase anyway

I know you're joking but I'm supposed to be happy with it ? I see no way for P to expand safely, seriously. Ravagers come way too early and we rely so much on FFs to deal with baneling busts... Dunno.

From the bright side, this kind of problem will force them to look into the issue of early game Protoss, hopefully to recognize that the model of the FF/PO defence has to be destroyed

If they destroy it medivac speed needs to go though.

I'm almost sure they won't touch it. They're so proud of their philosophy of the attacker's advantage...
Alchemik
Profile Joined March 2014
Poland7124 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-12 21:32:40
February 12 2015 21:32 GMT
#130
On February 13 2015 06:30 [PkF] Wire wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 13 2015 06:30 Alchemik wrote:
On February 13 2015 06:26 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On February 13 2015 06:24 TheDwf wrote:
On February 13 2015 06:23 [PkF] Wire wrote:
Errrrr... OK ? I don't get how P is ever gonna survive mass roaches attacks since you basically have no FFs anymore. They can burrow walk under FFs AND morph into ravagers that break FFs. I don't understand how you can deal with roach ravagers pushes.

You won't survive the Ravager/Bane bust phase anyway

I know you're joking but I'm supposed to be happy with it ? I see no way for P to expand safely, seriously. Ravagers come way too early and we rely so much on FFs to deal with baneling busts... Dunno.

I'd assume that's the point of that new unit, but dunno

Did it really sound like it to you ? Shades will definitely help me kill ravagers and banes.

well, no, we have no idea if it helps or not, but my assumption is that they want to "fix" lack of mass FF with a new unit
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
February 12 2015 21:32 GMT
#131
On February 13 2015 06:25 Pirfiktshon wrote:
Show nested quote +
Wait.. so what are Terran getting in LoTV?


The Cold shoulder as usual....

I expect a bunker build time change at some point just for kicks
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
February 12 2015 21:32 GMT
#132
On February 13 2015 06:31 TheDwf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 13 2015 06:29 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On February 13 2015 06:28 TheDwf wrote:
On February 13 2015 06:26 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On February 13 2015 06:24 TheDwf wrote:
On February 13 2015 06:23 [PkF] Wire wrote:
Errrrr... OK ? I don't get how P is ever gonna survive mass roaches attacks since you basically have no FFs anymore. They can burrow walk under FFs AND morph into ravagers that break FFs. I don't understand how you can deal with roach ravagers pushes.

You won't survive the Ravager/Bane bust phase anyway

I know you're joking but I'm supposed to be happy with it ? I see no way for P to expand safely, seriously. Ravagers come way too early and we rely so much on FFs to deal with baneling busts... Dunno.

From the bright side, this kind of problem will force them to look into the issue of early game Protoss, hopefully to recognize that the model of the FF/PO defence has to be destroyed

If they destroy it medivac speed needs to go though.

I'm almost sure they won't touch it. They're so proud of their philosophy of the attacker's advantage...

Which is why FF/PO is set in stone forever for P to be viable, unless the new unit is imbalanced as fuck...
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-12 21:39:49
February 12 2015 21:38 GMT
#133
On February 13 2015 06:32 [PkF] Wire wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 13 2015 06:31 TheDwf wrote:
On February 13 2015 06:29 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On February 13 2015 06:28 TheDwf wrote:
On February 13 2015 06:26 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On February 13 2015 06:24 TheDwf wrote:
On February 13 2015 06:23 [PkF] Wire wrote:
Errrrr... OK ? I don't get how P is ever gonna survive mass roaches attacks since you basically have no FFs anymore. They can burrow walk under FFs AND morph into ravagers that break FFs. I don't understand how you can deal with roach ravagers pushes.

You won't survive the Ravager/Bane bust phase anyway

I know you're joking but I'm supposed to be happy with it ? I see no way for P to expand safely, seriously. Ravagers come way too early and we rely so much on FFs to deal with baneling busts... Dunno.

From the bright side, this kind of problem will force them to look into the issue of early game Protoss, hopefully to recognize that the model of the FF/PO defence has to be destroyed

If they destroy it medivac speed needs to go though.

I'm almost sure they won't touch it. They're so proud of their philosophy of the attacker's advantage...

Which is why FF/PO is set in stone forever for P to be viable, unless the new unit is imbalanced as fuck...

Should probably prepare for 1 gate double robo expand if the T1 burrowed Roach/Ravager push becomes a thing.

Edit: Or open Stargate all the time, I guess. With the original removal of PO's anti-air function, that seems like what they wanted anyway.
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
ejozl
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark3552 Posts
February 12 2015 21:39 GMT
#134
Herc didn't work, Warhound didn't work. What if what Terran really need is...
+ Show Spoiler +
The HercHound
SC2 Archon needs "Terrible, terrible damage" as one of it's quotes.
Split.
Profile Joined September 2011
Switzerland234 Posts
February 12 2015 21:39 GMT
#135
Still early to tell what these changes will bring, but I like that they are really trying new stuff.
Seeing this, I wouldn't mind waiting until 2016 for LotV.
TheDwf
Profile Joined November 2011
France19747 Posts
February 12 2015 21:41 GMT
#136
On February 13 2015 06:32 [PkF] Wire wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 13 2015 06:31 TheDwf wrote:
On February 13 2015 06:29 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On February 13 2015 06:28 TheDwf wrote:
On February 13 2015 06:26 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On February 13 2015 06:24 TheDwf wrote:
On February 13 2015 06:23 [PkF] Wire wrote:
Errrrr... OK ? I don't get how P is ever gonna survive mass roaches attacks since you basically have no FFs anymore. They can burrow walk under FFs AND morph into ravagers that break FFs. I don't understand how you can deal with roach ravagers pushes.

You won't survive the Ravager/Bane bust phase anyway

I know you're joking but I'm supposed to be happy with it ? I see no way for P to expand safely, seriously. Ravagers come way too early and we rely so much on FFs to deal with baneling busts... Dunno.

From the bright side, this kind of problem will force them to look into the issue of early game Protoss, hopefully to recognize that the model of the FF/PO defence has to be destroyed

If they destroy it medivac speed needs to go though.

I'm almost sure they won't touch it. They're so proud of their philosophy of the attacker's advantage...

Which is why FF/PO is set in stone forever for P to be viable, unless the new unit is imbalanced as fuck...

They're diplomatically removing FF from LotV PvZ so maybe there's hope. Perhaps I should start writing Welcome to Attackcraft II lol
Hier
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
2391 Posts
February 12 2015 21:45 GMT
#137
There's no way the roach change should make it to live. Roach all ins every game that can only be dealt with by hard countering them.

The protoss unit I don't really understand; what's the point? A stalker with a slower blink that cannot shoot air?
"But on a more serious note..." -everyone on this forum at some point.
Hard_86
Profile Joined February 2015
Romania3 Posts
February 12 2015 21:46 GMT
#138
The reduction of attack speeds is a bad idea, because a battle is fast and when we take fast good decisions , we show the the experience in battles. ^_^
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
February 12 2015 21:47 GMT
#139
That batch of changes kinda makes me hope the beta :
a) begins quick.
b) lasts loooooooong.

They seem to be so clueless it will take at least a 6 months beta for them to make a solid and elegant game -if they're even able to do so.
TheDwf
Profile Joined November 2011
France19747 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-12 21:50:07
February 12 2015 21:48 GMT
#140
On February 13 2015 06:45 Hier wrote:
The protoss unit I don't really understand; what's the point?

- They want to add a core gate unit because everyone begged them to do so;
- They don't want it to be the Dragoon out of pride;
- It has to get some active ability because MICRO!!
- They don't know exactly what they want to do with this unit.

So the result is this.
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 37 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 13h
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 207
JuggernautJason101
Nina 83
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 609
White-Ra 196
firebathero 79
910 38
NaDa 19
Counter-Strike
Fnx 795
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0178
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9893
Liquid`Hasu1678
crisheroes1655
Trikslyr75
Other Games
summit1g6522
Liquid`RaSZi5984
Beastyqt800
shahzam454
B2W.Neo256
Pyrionflax166
KnowMe138
ArmadaUGS106
ToD104
ZombieGrub87
IndyStarCraft 74
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream371
Other Games
BasetradeTV223
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 44
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 43
• Eskiya23 19
• FirePhoenix9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV468
League of Legends
• TFBlade931
Other Games
• imaqtpie996
• Shiphtur301
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h
Afreeca Starleague
13h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 3h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 14h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.