• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:45
CEST 05:45
KST 12:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9125 users

Translation Requests

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 Next All
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-02 17:17:14
January 01 2015 21:58 GMT
#1
HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYZ!!!

This thread will be for translation requests for pretty much anything (interviews, tweets, articles, facebook updates, etc. etc.)

I cannot guarantee that I will be able to translate everything, but at least this thread will provide a place for requests to be placed upon. Also, if you are part of staff/a TL user who can translate, then please feel free to translate any of the requests that are given here. There is no law on TL saying I have to be the only translator!

ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
TheBloodyDwarf
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
Finland7524 Posts
January 01 2015 22:08 GMT
#2
Great. I don't think anybody will ask to translate something that is in finnish but if so, I'll translate
Fusilero: "I still can't believe he did that, like dude what the fuck there's fandom and then there's what he did like holy shit. I still see it when I close my eyes." <- reaction to the original drunk santa post which later caught on
Twine
Profile Joined June 2012
France246 Posts
January 01 2015 23:25 GMT
#3
Thanks in advance for your great work :D
#1 Bomber fan | Jin Air best KT
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
January 18 2015 11:40 GMT
#4
Going to go ahead and bump this once every now and then just so people know of its existence.
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
Rocket-Bear
Profile Joined July 2014
3070 Posts
January 18 2015 11:52 GMT
#5
This is actually more of a personal learn korean thing for me but hope you don't mind helping >_< It's from a sc2 interview

항상 응원해주시는 팬분들께 고맙다.

Does this mean

"As always I am grateful to the fans."
or
"I am grateful to the fans who always supports me."
Favorite players: Gh and Zai
WGT-Baal
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
France3561 Posts
January 18 2015 11:57 GMT
#6
I m willing to help with French but i ve limited time
Horang2 fan
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
January 18 2015 12:18 GMT
#7
On January 18 2015 20:52 Rocket-Bear wrote:
This is actually more of a personal learn korean thing for me but hope you don't mind helping >_< It's from a sc2 interview

항상 응원해주시는 팬분들께 고맙다.

Does this mean

"As always I am grateful to the fans."
or
"I am grateful to the fans who always supports me."

"I am grateful to the fans who always supports me."
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
Rocket-Bear
Profile Joined July 2014
3070 Posts
January 21 2015 20:27 GMT
#8
Gonna bump this for you so more know about it.

스타+요이 선수중에 이선수를 꼭 파세요 하는 선수있으세요?

What does this mean? I've gathered like: From "ST+Yoe what player xyz?"

Also I see players use 갓 before other players names. I think it's compliment of some sort. But it means lampshade? So do Koreans use it like "genius" or something similar idk..
Favorite players: Gh and Zai
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
January 22 2015 00:39 GMT
#9
On January 22 2015 05:27 Rocket-Bear wrote:
Gonna bump this for you so more know about it.

스타+요이 선수중에 이선수를 꼭 파세요 하는 선수있으세요?

What does this mean? I've gathered like: From "ST+Yoe what player xyz?"

Also I see players use 갓 before other players names. I think it's compliment of some sort. But it means lampshade? So do Koreans use it like "genius" or something similar idk..

Can you provide the source for this?
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
Rocket-Bear
Profile Joined July 2014
3070 Posts
January 22 2015 16:54 GMT
#10
First one apparently the tweet got deleted, so sorry can't. I'm fine if this makes you unable to translate.

For the 갓 thing, here's an example of Leenock talking about Parting. I also see people writing it to Leenock on his facebook after he has won games. Hope you don't need more examples. Usually it's just 갓동녕 or 갓승현 or whatever.

Favorite players: Gh and Zai
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
January 22 2015 16:58 GMT
#11
Mmmm, okay. So as for the first one: 스타+요이 선수중에 이선수를 꼭 파세요 하는 선수있으세요?
This translates into: Among the players in ST-Yoe, is there any player that you would like to ____? Not really sure in what context the word 파세요 is being used here.

For the second one: ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ갓 이삭 클라슼ㅋㅋ
Whenever you see 갓, this means their using the word god. So 갓동녕, 갓승현, 갓이삭 means godlike/god Leenock/Life/PartinG. And as for 클라슼, I guess he's trying to say classic. So, "kkkkkk Classic godlike PartinG kk"
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
Rocket-Bear
Profile Joined July 2014
3070 Posts
January 22 2015 17:10 GMT
#12
Ah ok, thanks.

I actually think 클라슼 was meant to be 클라스 though. That seem to be a pretty frequently used word amongst progamers. I always just assumed it's like a konglish word for class as in highlvl play.
Favorite players: Gh and Zai
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
January 22 2015 20:35 GMT
#13
On January 23 2015 02:10 Rocket-Bear wrote:
Ah ok, thanks.

I actually think 클라슼 was meant to be 클라스 though. That seem to be a pretty frequently used word amongst progamers. I always just assumed it's like a konglish word for class as in highlvl play.

You are correct. He meant "Class" and then k got stuck at the end instead of being on its own.
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
prech
Profile Joined March 2014
United States2948 Posts
February 04 2015 10:01 GMT
#14
Interview translation request via PM.

Thanks in advance, good sir!
Liquipedia
FFW_Rude
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France10201 Posts
February 04 2015 10:30 GMT
#15
On January 18 2015 20:57 WGT-Baal wrote:
I m willing to help with French but i ve limited time


Can help too if needed. best to PM me (but i'll post in the thread if translation needed). I have already translated Boxer biography in French and also a good number of TL final edits.
#1 KT Rolster fanboy. KT BEST KT ! Hail to KT playoffs Zergs ! Unofficial french translator for SlayerS_`Boxer` biography "Crazy as me".
Rocket-Bear
Profile Joined July 2014
3070 Posts
February 06 2015 10:14 GMT
#16
http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=starcraft_new&no=3087554

Saw this picture. Interested what it says for Leenock, Parting and San.
Favorite players: Gh and Zai
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
February 06 2015 10:39 GMT
#17
On February 06 2015 19:14 Rocket-Bear wrote:
http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=starcraft_new&no=3087554

Saw this picture. Interested what it says for Leenock, Parting and San.

I can try to translate it but I won't be able to explain it. It's referencing a famous Korean story called SamGookJi and connecting SC2 players to the characters in that story. Since I don't know the story myself, I won't be of much help.
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
Rocket-Bear
Profile Joined July 2014
3070 Posts
February 06 2015 10:57 GMT
#18
Ah ok, nevermind then : )
Favorite players: Gh and Zai
ImmortalZero
Profile Joined August 2010
United States9 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-06 11:19:57
February 06 2015 11:19 GMT
#19
I would LOVE to see episodes 3-10 of Hyung Jun Forms a Game Team get translated.
I know this would be a ton of work but I thought I would ask anyways.
tshi
Profile Joined September 2012
United States2495 Posts
December 13 2015 01:08 GMT
#20
Bump. I was told to post a translation (non-kr/en) here by Seeker.

There's a French song called Délier by Aether that I stumbled on a few months ago. I really like the song, but I have no idea what it's about and I couldn't find any translations or lyrics for it anywhere. It's on Youtube and I was hoping someone could just transcribe the lyrics or translate them into English. Here's a link to the song:

scrub - inexperienced player with relatively little skill and excessive arrogance
1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 218
ProTech126
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2250
Shuttle 1245
Bale 46
Dewaltoss 41
Noble 36
NaDa 28
Snow 26
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm161
League of Legends
JimRising 709
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 15
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King427
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1273
Other Games
summit1g8427
PiGStarcraft331
C9.Mang0316
ArmadaUGS66
ViBE50
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV259
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream85
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 111
• davetesta17
• Letter145
• Response 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo632
• Stunt137
Other Games
• Scarra741
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
9h 16m
OSC
18h 16m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 6h
Online Event
1d 7h
FEL
1d 12h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 13h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 15h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.