• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:14
CEST 12:14
KST 19:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion BW General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11581 users

Season 4 Ladder Map Pool: Voting Begins! - Page 44

Forum Index > SC2 General
1068 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 42 43 44 45 46 54 Next
Fecalfeast
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada11355 Posts
October 20 2014 23:10 GMT
#861
I'm starting to think I wont get steppes OR xel'naga....
ModeratorINFLATE YOUR POST COUNT; PLAY TL MAFIA
RDaneelOlivaw
Profile Joined April 2011
Vatican City State733 Posts
October 20 2014 23:17 GMT
#862
On October 21 2014 08:10 Fecalfeast wrote:
I'm starting to think I wont get steppes OR xel'naga....

That's because sc2 players would have to play non-standard for those maps. Imagination, creativity, and such nonsense. No way that was ever going to happen
brickrd
Profile Blog Joined March 2014
United States4894 Posts
October 20 2014 23:23 GMT
#863
On October 21 2014 08:17 RDaneelOlivaw wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 21 2014 08:10 Fecalfeast wrote:
I'm starting to think I wont get steppes OR xel'naga....

That's because sc2 players would have to play non-standard for those maps. Imagination, creativity, and such nonsense. No way that was ever going to happen

forcing aggressive play and metacrushing 1 base bullshit has nothing to do with imagination or creativity, lol. you can play imaginatively on any map

if you like crazy maps that's fine but making it sound like people who dislike them are too scared to be "creative" is just completely stupid, sorry
TL+ Member
Dav1oN
Profile Joined January 2012
Ukraine3164 Posts
October 20 2014 23:34 GMT
#864
I hope for Frost as last map! Mark my words!
In memory of Geoff "iNcontroL" Robinson 11.09.1985 - 21.07.2019 A tribute to incredible man, embodiment of joy, esports titan, starcraft community pillar all in one. You will always be remembered!
Zheryn
Profile Joined December 2010
Sweden3653 Posts
October 20 2014 23:38 GMT
#865
On October 21 2014 08:23 brickrd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 21 2014 08:17 RDaneelOlivaw wrote:
On October 21 2014 08:10 Fecalfeast wrote:
I'm starting to think I wont get steppes OR xel'naga....

That's because sc2 players would have to play non-standard for those maps. Imagination, creativity, and such nonsense. No way that was ever going to happen

forcing aggressive play and metacrushing 1 base bullshit has nothing to do with imagination or creativity, lol. you can play imaginatively on any map

if you like crazy maps that's fine but making it sound like people who dislike them are too scared to be "creative" is just completely stupid, sorry


Yeah usually horrible maps like Metalopolis, Xel'naga etc just gives less room for creativity since some strats will be so much better than others that you HAVE to do them or have to open with a blind counter to those builds. People who think maps where you can't easily take and secure a natural expansion promote less creative play don't play or watch the game much at all. You can't be creative if you have to open 14/14 speedling aggression into ling bane every game compared to having choices of opening different type of gasless into speedling or into quick lair, quick upgrades, quick third, or go quick gas on 2 base, quick gas on 1 base etc...
hundred thousand krouner
Mozdk
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark6989 Posts
October 20 2014 23:39 GMT
#866
On October 21 2014 08:10 Fecalfeast wrote:
I'm starting to think I wont get steppes OR xel'naga....


Xel naga is even more broken than steppes.

I believe in steppes but not xel
"It's really hard to Protoss" - White-Ra |||| "Apedts are dfucking amazing" - Lorning
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
October 20 2014 23:44 GMT
#867
Of all the maps I'm OK with, I never thought we'd get Akilon Wastes. I mean this map was not really exciting, isn't old, and was the map where one of the most infamous games of all time was played. So surprised, happy but surprised.
geokilla
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada8255 Posts
October 21 2014 02:48 GMT
#868
Actually with the way maps are, we're forced to play standard. You can't do something weird and make it work I find.
MiCa
Profile Joined October 2011
United States147 Posts
October 21 2014 03:07 GMT
#869
Wow those are some boring maps...
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull sheet. - W. C. Fields
Meavis
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Netherlands1300 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-21 07:16:45
October 21 2014 07:14 GMT
#870
On October 21 2014 11:48 geokilla wrote:
Actually with the way maps are, we're forced to play standard. You can't do something weird and make it work I find.


cloud kingdom
reaper/blink all-in

metalopolis
reaper/blink all-in
fast drop/air play
turtle the 2 hallways and go full bunkermode

daybreak LE
swarmhost all day eryday

ohana
any rushes because the rush distance is ridiculous
soul train

shakuras plateau
fast 3rd cc lift behind rocks
reaper/blink all-in
turtle the middle choke
drops on high ground pods in middle

akilon wastes
fast 4base into 3hour game

there you have it, everything to break the new outdated maps.

another thing I would like to throw out is that this thread pretty much has more pages than all new maps in the lifespan of this thread, so really, who is to blame.
"Not you."
FFW_Rude
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France10201 Posts
October 21 2014 09:01 GMT
#871
Akilon wastes... With the fucking pathing around the third where your army splits in half to go the natural of the enemy ? Yeahhhhhhhhhh
#1 KT Rolster fanboy. KT BEST KT ! Hail to KT playoffs Zergs ! Unofficial french translator for SlayerS_`Boxer` biography "Crazy as me".
SatedSC2
Profile Blog Joined March 2014
England3012 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-21 09:07:39
October 21 2014 09:05 GMT
#872
--- Nuked ---
KeksX
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany3634 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-21 09:27:19
October 21 2014 09:25 GMT
#873
How can you not mind playing on Overgrowth? It's gotta be the most boring, standard map ever created that has the featureset of a tomato.

Every game on that map is the same.

As a Zerg, I feel like most of these maps are shit MAINLY due to swarm hosts. It's like the community WANTS us to play 40-minute-swarm hosts stalemate games all day everyday.
SatedSC2
Profile Blog Joined March 2014
England3012 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-21 09:38:39
October 21 2014 09:30 GMT
#874
--- Nuked ---
KeksX
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany3634 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-21 09:46:42
October 21 2014 09:45 GMT
#875
Well but wouldn't you say that a little imbalance is what makes games fun? All of the maps in the vote and what people want to see have obvious, known flaws but nobody minds that. They're happy about it.

Overgrowth might be balanced but it also creates the most dull games ever. I'm not even attempting a hyperbole when I say that I can't remember a game where I didn't play standard on there, apart from Terrans hardcore turtling but thats far from fun.

Imho, Overgrowth can die in a fire. Then again I'm always a fan of fast-paced games with constant actions and the new maps kind of have gotten away from that. I really want to see Xel Naga and Steppes for a change, even though I know I will lose most of my games on there because it will be super tough.

I don't know. I'm just bored of the current meta I guess. So generally I agree with you, Nimbus is another one of these maps. But Overgrowth is certainly guilty of the same things imho.

Meavis
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Netherlands1300 Posts
October 21 2014 09:46 GMT
#876
On October 21 2014 18:30 SatedSC2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 21 2014 18:25 KeksX wrote:
How can you not mind playing on Overgrowth?

Because I like mid-sized standard maps, the reason being that they tend to be balanced. This is because they don't have any strange features that can potentially cause imbalanced, which isn't the case with Nimbus, MGR, Catallena, Foxtrot Labs and Deadwing.

EDIT:

Of course, it could be argued that some of the maps I mentioned might be imbalanced in HotS because they weren't designed for HotS (two-base Blink in PvT on Cloud Kingdom comes to mind), but I don't think any of the four maps I mentioned will be worse than Nimbus. I'd rather play on Steppes of War then play on Nimbus =/


oh don't worry, swarmhosts are ready to change your opinion on daybreak, akilon and steppes
"Not you."
Big J
Profile Joined March 2011
Austria16289 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-21 09:55:27
October 21 2014 09:53 GMT
#877
On October 21 2014 18:46 Meavis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 21 2014 18:30 SatedSC2 wrote:
On October 21 2014 18:25 KeksX wrote:
How can you not mind playing on Overgrowth?

Because I like mid-sized standard maps, the reason being that they tend to be balanced. This is because they don't have any strange features that can potentially cause imbalanced, which isn't the case with Nimbus, MGR, Catallena, Foxtrot Labs and Deadwing.

EDIT:

Of course, it could be argued that some of the maps I mentioned might be imbalanced in HotS because they weren't designed for HotS (two-base Blink in PvT on Cloud Kingdom comes to mind), but I don't think any of the four maps I mentioned will be worse than Nimbus. I'd rather play on Steppes of War then play on Nimbus =/


oh don't worry, swarmhosts are ready to change your opinion on daybreak, akilon and steppes


Swarm Hosts on Daybreak: beta map. Neither SH play nor counterplay was polished. We don't have stats that could show any imbalance.
Swarm Hosts on Akilon: Played during the time actual SH play was developed as reaction to Stargate turtling which is a strong strategy on these types of maps. Both sides were still a bit away from their polished versions of SH or SH-counterplay. Winrates: PvZ 212-217 (49.4%) - as balanced as can be.
Swarm Hosts on Steppes... aaaaahhm... yeah... I shouldn't countertroll
Tzyx
Profile Joined August 2010
Northern Ireland281 Posts
October 21 2014 09:55 GMT
#878
This new map pool is starting to look pretty samey. Guess people really don't want to play on the crazy maps huh :D

Akilon looks pretty interesting, never played on it myself.

SatedSC2
Profile Blog Joined March 2014
England3012 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-21 10:12:01
October 21 2014 10:02 GMT
#879
--- Nuked ---
klup
Profile Joined May 2013
France612 Posts
October 21 2014 10:17 GMT
#880
Can someone clarify something for me. Will we have the 7 "old" maps added to the 7 maps in the current mappool or is it instead of the current 7 or a in between?
Prev 1 42 43 44 45 46 54 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings11
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech72
StarCraft: Brood War
Mind 1142
Bisu 876
Hyuk 728
Horang2 712
Larva 601
Leta 187
Sexy 124
EffOrt 119
Zeus 115
Soma 100
[ Show more ]
Mini 90
PianO 81
Pusan 59
Killer 38
ZerO 38
ToSsGirL 35
Bale 26
sorry 26
Last 23
Hm[arnc] 18
yabsab 18
Trap 14
JulyZerg 9
Noble 6
Dota 2
XcaliburYe424
XaKoH 273
League of Legends
JimRising 312
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1324
Other Games
gofns28928
singsing1479
crisheroes205
OGKoka 193
Mew2King134
ArmadaUGS59
ZerO(Twitch)6
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick555
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream176
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 57
• LUISG 21
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 7079
• lizZardDota2328
League of Legends
• Jankos1282
• Stunt926
Upcoming Events
Online Event
46m
FEL
5h 46m
AI Arena Tournament
6h 46m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
8h 46m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
23h 46m
INu's Battles
1d 1h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 8h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 8h
Replay Cast
1d 13h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 23h
Rush vs Light
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.