• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:51
CEST 14:51
KST 21:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8610 users

Season 4 Ladder Map Pool: Voting Begins! - Page 28

Forum Index > SC2 General
1068 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 26 27 28 29 30 54 Next
vult
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United States9400 Posts
October 08 2014 18:43 GMT
#541
METALOPOLISSS!
I used to play random, but for you I play very specifically.
Boucot
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
France15997 Posts
October 08 2014 18:53 GMT
#542
Former SC2 writer for Millenium - twitter.com/Boucot
MstrJinbo
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1251 Posts
October 08 2014 19:00 GMT
#543
On October 09 2014 03:43 vult wrote:
METALOPOLISSS!


I'm thinking Metalopolis will be a good swarmhost map
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
October 08 2014 19:03 GMT
#544
This is getting worse and worse. You can basically just leave the game as P when the game begins if the opponent is Z. I think I'll run out of vetos before the fourth map is announced. I guess I'll learn what "off-season" really means.
digmouse
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
China6331 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-08 19:26:47
October 08 2014 19:09 GMT
#545
One map veto gone, under the current meta PvZ is unplayable on metalopolis.
TranslatorIf you want to ask anything about Chinese esports, send me a PM or follow me @nerddigmouse.
jubil
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2602 Posts
October 08 2014 20:06 GMT
#546
Metaloplis is a super nostalgic map, I will enjoy playing on it again.

As far as balance goes, as far as I remember, close by ground spawns were ridiculously TvZ favored (2 rax anyone? same 3rd location?) but those will be disabled. Close by air was also pretty good for terran cuz the push distance was short and you could play with elevator tactics pretty easily, but again, disabled. However, cross spawns was actually really good for the Zerg, since both the natural and the 3rd are extremely open, and the pushing path, while narrow, was somewhat long and open to counterattacks. I'm less experienced with toss but I imagine for the same reasons it'll be ZvP favored.

So overall, a good zerg map. I'm not convinced it'll be a natural swarm host map though - certainly can be if you get a split map scenario, but tempests and tanks are pretty good as well on this map in that situation, what with the dead space and elevations in the middle.
Marineking-Polt-Maru-Fantasy-Solar-Xenocider-Suppy fighting!
PinoKotsBeer
Profile Joined February 2014
Netherlands1387 Posts
October 08 2014 20:15 GMT
#547
Put SH at the gold base and "enjoy" the game...
http://www.twitch.tv/pinokotsbeer
SetGuitarsToKill
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
Canada28396 Posts
October 08 2014 20:26 GMT
#548
On October 09 2014 05:15 PinoKotsBeer wrote:
Put SH at the gold base and "enjoy" the game...

Kick your feet back and have a beer while that's going on. Probably play a couple games at once doing that.
Community News"As long as you have a warp prism you can't be bad at harassment" - Maru | @SetGuitars2Kill
Popkiller
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
3415 Posts
October 08 2014 20:30 GMT
#549
On October 09 2014 04:03 [PkF] Wire wrote:
This is getting worse and worse. You can basically just leave the game as P when the game begins if the opponent is Z. I think I'll run out of vetos before the fourth map is announced. I guess I'll learn what "off-season" really means.


hmm, I wouldn't mind all protosses being removed from the ladder.
Digitalz1
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada72 Posts
October 08 2014 20:36 GMT
#550
hmm, i think for Zergs this is like a MUST veto, without being able to secure your natural and wall off with the current meta your pretty much forced into playing an aggressive build but i really dont know how it would play out :/

Also didnt a certain protoss player have this unstoppable cannon rush on this map that would abuse the mineral patches and was just ridiculous lol.
MstrJinbo
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1251 Posts
October 08 2014 20:42 GMT
#551
On October 09 2014 05:36 Digitalz1 wrote:
hmm, i think for Zergs this is like a MUST veto, without being able to secure your natural and wall off with the current meta your pretty much forced into playing an aggressive build but i really dont know how it would play out :/

Also didnt a certain protoss player have this unstoppable cannon rush on this map that would abuse the mineral patches and was just ridiculous lol.


Metal was a 60% win rate map for zerg back in the day. Not vetoing it I'm zerg this season.
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-08 20:49:23
October 08 2014 20:45 GMT
#552
On October 09 2014 05:30 Popkiller wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 09 2014 04:03 [PkF] Wire wrote:
This is getting worse and worse. You can basically just leave the game as P when the game begins if the opponent is Z. I think I'll run out of vetos before the fourth map is announced. I guess I'll learn what "off-season" really means.


hmm, I wouldn't mind all protosses being removed from the ladder.


I wouldn't mind all trolls removed from the surface of the earth, but I fear the results of the vote and your post both show it's not the case yet. I mean come on, your post is absolutely gratuitous and childish. A rough third of this game fans play protoss, wishing they were removed from the ladder is just preposterous. And by the way, I just played a game on Metalopolis against a Z, and in the end I guess you kinda can secure your natural because it allows pretty good Sim City. So I may give this map a chance.
Mozdk
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark6989 Posts
October 08 2014 22:24 GMT
#553
Bookmark
"It's really hard to Protoss" - White-Ra |||| "Apedts are dfucking amazing" - Lorning
brickrd
Profile Blog Joined March 2014
United States4894 Posts
October 08 2014 22:33 GMT
#554
On October 09 2014 05:45 [PkF] Wire wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 09 2014 05:30 Popkiller wrote:
On October 09 2014 04:03 [PkF] Wire wrote:
This is getting worse and worse. You can basically just leave the game as P when the game begins if the opponent is Z. I think I'll run out of vetos before the fourth map is announced. I guess I'll learn what "off-season" really means.


hmm, I wouldn't mind all protosses being removed from the ladder.


I wouldn't mind all trolls removed from the surface of the earth, but I fear the results of the vote and your post both show it's not the case yet. I mean come on, your post is absolutely gratuitous and childish. A rough third of this game fans play protoss, wishing they were removed from the ladder is just preposterous. And by the way, I just played a game on Metalopolis against a Z, and in the end I guess you kinda can secure your natural because it allows pretty good Sim City. So I may give this map a chance.

lol. thats hardly heavy trolling by sc2 community standards, in fact it was pretty funny and lighthearted. there's nothing wrong with a little racial rivalry as long as nobody is going full gold league void ray imba QQ.
TL+ Member
Zheryn
Profile Joined December 2010
Sweden3653 Posts
October 08 2014 22:34 GMT
#555
On October 09 2014 04:03 [PkF] Wire wrote:
This is getting worse and worse. You can basically just leave the game as P when the game begins if the opponent is Z. I think I'll run out of vetos before the fourth map is announced. I guess I'll learn what "off-season" really means.


I had some hopes when CK was the first map that the people voting for maps where you can at least play a somewhat real game would be more than people who votes for shitty 2010 maps which are ridiculously imbalanced and forces cheesy builds every game. With metalopolis out now I'm really scared that I won't be able to ladder next season. Even tho I play zerg and a lot of these maps would be ZvP favored in terms of win rates, it's just a waste of time to play a game you know exactly how it will play out beforehand and that doesn't give any real practise.

The current map pool is the worst pool since WoL, so now I have to play some maps that are really retarded in some MUs (merry go round ZvZ, deadwing) because there's not enough vetos. Hopefully there will be atleast 2 playable maps for next season, if there are 3 of them I'd be happy, just a shame that I have to waste time leaving games/doing blind cheese on the maps I can't veto.
hundred thousand krouner
FeyFey
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany10114 Posts
October 08 2014 22:38 GMT
#556
On October 09 2014 05:42 MstrJinbo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 09 2014 05:36 Digitalz1 wrote:
hmm, i think for Zergs this is like a MUST veto, without being able to secure your natural and wall off with the current meta your pretty much forced into playing an aggressive build but i really dont know how it would play out :/

Also didnt a certain protoss player have this unstoppable cannon rush on this map that would abuse the mineral patches and was just ridiculous lol.


Metal was a 60% win rate map for zerg back in the day. Not vetoing it I'm zerg this season.


the winrate went up to that point because of broodlords and the other races opening super save against Zerg. So Zerg basically eco cheesed every game. Won't work with Reapers and Mothership core seeing everything xD .

Zerg just takes the gold now though and Swarmhosts from there.
starslayer
Profile Joined August 2011
United States696 Posts
October 08 2014 22:43 GMT
#557
OMG YAYAY FLYING TO THE GOLD EVERYGAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh and i think its mkps time to shine already lol
i came here to kickass and chew bubblegum and i'm all out of bubble gum
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
October 08 2014 23:17 GMT
#558
On October 09 2014 07:34 Zheryn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 09 2014 04:03 [PkF] Wire wrote:
This is getting worse and worse. You can basically just leave the game as P when the game begins if the opponent is Z. I think I'll run out of vetos before the fourth map is announced. I guess I'll learn what "off-season" really means.


I had some hopes when CK was the first map that the people voting for maps where you can at least play a somewhat real game would be more than people who votes for shitty 2010 maps which are ridiculously imbalanced and forces cheesy builds every game. With metalopolis out now I'm really scared that I won't be able to ladder next season. Even tho I play zerg and a lot of these maps would be ZvP favored in terms of win rates, it's just a waste of time to play a game you know exactly how it will play out beforehand and that doesn't give any real practise.

The current map pool is the worst pool since WoL, so now I have to play some maps that are really retarded in some MUs (merry go round ZvZ, deadwing) because there's not enough vetos. Hopefully there will be atleast 2 playable maps for next season, if there are 3 of them I'd be happy, just a shame that I have to waste time leaving games/doing blind cheese on the maps I can't veto.


Same for me. CK first (and not Steppes of War for instance...) was a good surprise, but Metalopolis second is definitely a surprise too, and not a pleasant one. I'm quite worried about what we're gonna get next days... If Shattered Temple, Xel'naga Caverns and Steppes of War all come along Metalopolis -which is alas likely-, the map pool will basically be unplayable.
Tzela
Profile Joined December 2012
Canada48 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-08 23:36:24
October 08 2014 23:36 GMT
#559
having visions of my ramp being ff'ed while stalkers blink into the main again
Erik.TheRed
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1655 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-09 00:23:55
October 09 2014 00:23 GMT
#560
this must really blow for the pros that want to seriously practice in the off-season (afaik most NA/EU pros rely mostly on ladder to practice, I think in a recent Remax they were saying how most non-kespa teams rarely ever practice with each other in customs).

Wouldn't surprise me if a lot of the foreign pros just played counter strike/LoL/passionstone over the next few months and fall even further behind the koreans next year.
"See you space cowboy"
Prev 1 26 27 28 29 30 54 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
IntoTheiNu 1426
WardiTV670
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko455
ProTech127
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 7035
Bisu 2278
Jaedong 965
EffOrt 513
Horang2 488
actioN 345
Mini 240
ZerO 199
Larva 145
ggaemo 130
[ Show more ]
Pusan 123
Mind 111
Barracks 87
Shinee 69
Bale 66
Hyun 61
Sea.KH 61
Sharp 60
Snow 60
Killer 39
Dewaltoss 36
ToSsGirL 34
hero 32
Sacsri 24
scan(afreeca) 20
sorry 20
NotJumperer 19
zelot 16
Noble 14
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Icarus 7
Dota 2
Gorgc2943
qojqva1149
Dendi1044
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1115
markeloff162
Other Games
hiko493
B2W.Neo448
crisheroes280
DeMusliM219
Pyrionflax188
Livibee119
QueenE77
Mew2King60
ZerO(Twitch)5
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream35
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 31
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV989
League of Legends
• Jankos1918
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
11h 9m
Patches Events
1d 3h
The PondCast
1d 21h
INu's Battles
1d 22h
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.