• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:09
CEST 18:09
KST 01:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11186 users

#Dreampool: Old ladder maps return for Season 4 - Page 22

Forum Index > SC2 General
696 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 35 Next All
SHODAN
Profile Joined November 2011
United Kingdom1162 Posts
September 17 2014 12:02 GMT
#421
Mvp will be rank #1 korea again
GinDo
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
3327 Posts
September 17 2014 12:28 GMT
#422
Delta Quadrant
ⱩŦ ƑⱠẬ$Ħ / ƩǤ ɈƩẬƉØƝǤ [ɌȻ] / ȊṂ.ṂṼⱣ / ẬȻƩɌ.ȊƝƝØṼẬŦȊØƝ / ẬȻƩɌ.ϟȻẬɌⱠƩŦŦ ϟⱠẬɎƩɌϟ ȻⱠẬƝ
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-09-17 13:53:06
September 17 2014 12:46 GMT
#423
I don't remember if I posted it here, but as much as I'm concerned with what could come from this vote, the following maps would constitute my #dreampool :

- (2) Overgrowth is a solid, gorgeous and dynamic map. A no-brainer to me.
- I liked (2) Bel'shir Vestige a lot. I know it was a hard map for Zergs, but I'd like to play on it again.
- (2) Habitation Station may be the only time a really strange feature (such an accessible gold !) gave an extremely stable map. It has to be there. Taken off the map pool too soon.
- (2) Ohana, an agressive and really beautiful map with solid gameplay.
- (4) Frost, another no-brainer, just one of the best maps ever made in basically every regard. Taken off the map pool too soon.
- (3) Shakuras Plateau. You may call me crazy, but I've always been thinking this map had potential even for today standards.
- And a very personal choice of mine, (2) Korhal Compound, one of my favorite maps of all time, gone off the map pool too soon and which deserved more credit.

Came close : Neo Planet S, a map I loved very much for its aesthetics and setup ; Daybreak, a map I have great memories on but on which SH play would be too fearsome ; Whirlwind, I don't really like 4 players map but that one was just a tad less good than Frost ; Entombed Valley, solid macro map but horizontal positions were plain broken ; and Red City, a map I loved because I had an insane record on it !

EDIT : and, how could I forget it, Cloud Kingdom, a map I don't want back only because the blur effect on it was really annoying. The setup of the map is one for the ages.

Of course we'll end up with Klontas Mire, Blistering Sands, Desert Oasis, Steppes of War, Daedalus Point, Foxtrot Labs and Alterzim Stronghold (#nightmarepool) because trolls and noobs who are too bad to play a normal game will want to "shake the meta", but at least you've read what, to my mind, would be a great tribute to the best maps we had the chance to play on (and no, those aren't the earlier maps if you ask me).
nimdil
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Poland3774 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-09-17 12:50:38
September 17 2014 12:49 GMT
#424
I liked Scrap Station

[image loading]
bGr.MetHiX
Profile Joined February 2011
Bulgaria511 Posts
September 17 2014 12:54 GMT
#425
blizzard, pls no :D

imagining metalopolis coming back makes my spine shiver
Top50 GM EU Protoss from Bulgaria. Streaming with commentary : www.twitch.tv/hwbgmethix
Ej_
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
47656 Posts
September 17 2014 13:02 GMT
#426
Whirlwind and Neo Planet S
"Technically the dictionary has zero authority on the meaning or words" - Rodya
fealx
Profile Joined September 2014
Germany376 Posts
September 17 2014 13:09 GMT
#427
ohana! #family
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-09-17 13:14:32
September 17 2014 13:12 GMT
#428
On September 17 2014 21:49 nimdil wrote:
I liked Scrap Station

[image loading]

Nobody would ever leave their main TvT with medivac boost in the game -.-

- (2) Habitation Station may be the only time a really strange feature (such an accessible gold !) gave an extremely stable map. It has to be there. Taken off the map pool too soon.

Super dull map, such a big part of the map is barely used

- (2) Overgrowth is a solid, gorgeous and dynamic map. A no-brainer to me.

I think this is by far the worst map in the current map pool (Catallena second worst). Feels really tiny, don't like it... but it might just be my preference. It's definitely better than habitation station.
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-09-17 13:22:08
September 17 2014 13:18 GMT
#429
On September 17 2014 22:12 Liquid`Jinro wrote:
Show nested quote +
- (2) Habitation Station may be the only time a really strange feature (such an accessible gold !) gave an extremely stable map. It has to be there. Taken off the map pool too soon.

Super dull map, such a big part of the map is barely used

Show nested quote +
- (2) Overgrowth is a solid, gorgeous and dynamic map. A no-brainer to me.

I think this is by far the worst map in the current map pool (Catallena second worst). Feels really tiny, don't like it... but it might just be my preference. It's definitely better than habitation station.


Ah, taste and colours aren't always the same... Remember we play different races (I play Protoss), so what feels dull/tiny/uninteresting to you mapmaking wise might not be the same to what I enjoy. I admit I tend to like smaller maps which favor 3 bases play. But I have to be at a loss to understand how you can not like Overgrowth.

EDIT : by the way, I don't seem to remember you made your pool of choice. What would it be ?
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
September 17 2014 13:29 GMT
#430
The biggest reason I dislike Overgrowth is I think TvT is really boring on it because of the short distances.

I think the current map pool is the best ladder map pool SC2 has ever had. I'd replace catallena and overgrowth and keep the rest probably.

I haven't really played B'elshir Vestige much but I wouldn't mind having that in place of Overgrowth (like you said, its super pretty). The only old ladder map I remember as being very fun is Entombed Valley tbh.

With a big overhaul, I'd like to see a new version of Lost Temple (not shattered temple, the real lost temple...)
But the changes would have to be quite big (entire main open to reapers and blink is probably not good for starters).
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-09-17 13:36:16
September 17 2014 13:33 GMT
#431
On September 17 2014 22:29 Liquid`Jinro wrote:
I think the current map pool is the best ladder map pool SC2 has ever had.


Definitely one of the best.

The only old ladder map I remember as being very fun is Entombed Valley tbh.


I considered it instead of Shakuras or Korhal Compound, but horizontal positions were really broken. If the map comes back with disabled horizontal spawns (or even better, cross only) I'm all for it.

With a big overhaul, I'd like to see a new version of Lost Temple (not shattered temple, the real lost temple...)
But the changes would have to be quite big (entire main open to reapers and blink is probably not good for starters).


I don't think the maps we'll get are going to be tweaked, or if they get tweaked, it's in really minor ways (spawning positions, gold -> normal, etc). An overhauled version of an old map is basically a new map.
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
September 17 2014 13:35 GMT
#432
On September 17 2014 22:33 [PkF] Wire wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 17 2014 22:29 Liquid`Jinro wrote:
I think the current map pool is the best ladder map pool SC2 has ever had.


Definitely one of the best.

Show nested quote +
The only old ladder map I remember as being very fun is Entombed Valley tbh.


I considered it instead of Shakuras or Korhal Compound, but horizontal positions were really broken. If the map comes back with disabled horizontal spawns (or even better, cross only) I'm all for it.

Yeah have to remove the free win position hehe..

I'd like to see Crevasse, even though it was never a ladder map. One of my favorite maps. Actually that whole batch of maps were all quite ok (they were the first batch of non-blizzard maps GSL used, it was soooo awesome to finally get to practice non-ladder maps back then: Crevasse, Terminus, Crossfire and Tal'Darim).
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-09-17 13:57:21
September 17 2014 13:39 GMT
#433
Crossfire, Crevasse would definitely be great additions (I hated TDA with passion -play Protoss, enough said- and Terminus is just meh if you ask me), but sadly Psione said on the battle.net thread they'll only consider past ladder maps.

EDIT : was mixing up Terminus and Testbug, Terminus was indeed a great map that could still be played today. And I didn't remember Crossfire had such a hard third ; I guess it would not be suited for modern play.
nimdil
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Poland3774 Posts
September 17 2014 13:39 GMT
#434
On September 17 2014 22:12 Liquid`Jinro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 17 2014 21:49 nimdil wrote:
I liked Scrap Station

[image loading]

Nobody would ever leave their main TvT with medivac boost in the game -.-


True, I'd not even try to argue that this map will make sense in current metagame but your game vs MC when you went Mech in GSL is one of the most memorable SC2 games ever. And Artosis practically announced TvP revolution at the time.
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
September 17 2014 13:42 GMT
#435
On September 17 2014 22:39 [PkF] Wire wrote:
Crossfire, Crevasse would definitely be great additions (I hated TDA with passion -play Protoss, enough said- and Terminus is just meh if you ask me), but sadly Psione said on the battle.net thread they'll only consider past ladder maps.

EDIT : was mixing up Terminus and Testbug, Terminus was indeed a great map that could still be played today.

I dont like TDA either, I was never any good at it... and I have bad memories of playing TvPs vs hero on it before they patched the khaydarin crystal................... unkillable infinity storms -_--;;;;
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-09-17 13:49:24
September 17 2014 13:44 GMT
#436
On September 17 2014 22:42 Liquid`Jinro wrote:
unkillable infinity storms -_--;;;;


Ha ha ha, as for me, I have really bad memories of PvP on this map (gateway rushes were impossible to deal with) and I still have some nightmares which involve mutas -the simple thought of a regen mutas flock on this map makes me shiver...

I think if Blizzard monitors the preselection wisely, we could end up having a quite pretty map pool. Current ladder maps should be on the voting list by default because a lot of people don't understand that we can vote for really old classics but also for every past ladder map. Then I hope people come back to their senses and vote for solid maps.

On September 17 2014 22:47 Franky92 wrote:
Red City :D :D


You say that as if it was a joke, but I really loved that map. I guess it was a bit chokey so quite imbalanced as far as PvZ goes, but I have really sweet memories on it.
Franky92
Profile Joined November 2013
Italy20 Posts
September 17 2014 13:47 GMT
#437
Red City :D :D
RampancyTW
Profile Joined August 2010
United States577 Posts
September 17 2014 13:49 GMT
#438
BRING BACK KULAS RAVINE

The people demand it
AssyrianKing
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia2122 Posts
September 17 2014 13:52 GMT
#439
Testbug, Scrap Station, Crevasse, Delta Quadrant, Terminus, Belshir Beach
John 15:13
KOtical
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany451 Posts
September 17 2014 13:57 GMT
#440
well i dont get this... to lazy to make new ones??? the old maps will have significant balance problems in hots... cloud kingdom f.e. blink would be to strong on that map... etc... bring new maps blizz not that old shit ...
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 35 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM756
IndyStarCraft 184
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 756
Reynor 351
TKL 314
ByuN 279
IndyStarCraft 184
Railgan 83
BRAT_OK 39
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 55520
Bisu 2919
Calm 2409
FanTaSy 879
Stork 596
Rush 457
hero 297
firebathero 170
actioN 133
Sharp 98
[ Show more ]
Free 50
Sea.KH 49
ToSsGirL 37
Mong 34
Pusan 30
soO 25
Rock 24
Terrorterran 20
Aegong 18
Hm[arnc] 17
HiyA 17
Sacsri 12
Noble 12
scan(afreeca) 9
IntoTheRainbow 6
Dota 2
Gorgc10396
Dendi983
Counter-Strike
fl0m4700
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King72
Heroes of the Storm
MindelVK7
Other Games
singsing2084
Liquid`RaSZi1601
B2W.Neo727
Beastyqt655
Mlord485
Khaldor466
olofmeister423
KnowMe326
crisheroes177
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV259
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 8
• Adnapsc2 6
• Reevou 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FT.aCt)Sony5
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV546
League of Legends
• Nemesis3226
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1484
Other Games
• Shiphtur492
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 51m
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 51m
OSC
6h 51m
Replay Cast
6h 51m
OSC
19h 51m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 18h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.