• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:55
CEST 19:55
KST 02:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20267Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Biografia
Playlenda
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9833 users

#Dreampool: Old ladder maps return for Season 4 - Page 35

Forum Index > SC2 General
696 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 33 34 35 All
Big J
Profile Joined March 2011
Austria16289 Posts
November 23 2014 20:26 GMT
#681
On November 24 2014 05:17 [PkF] Wire wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2014 05:15 Big J wrote:
why?


I think the answer would involve the word blink.


Oh yeah forgot that one there.
swag_bro
Profile Blog Joined July 2014
Japan782 Posts
November 23 2014 21:07 GMT
#682
One of the few things Blizzard is doing right was this idea.
They hate us 'cause they ain't us.
SuperHofmann
Profile Joined September 2013
Italy1741 Posts
November 23 2014 21:11 GMT
#683
On November 24 2014 06:07 swag_bro wrote:
One of the few things Blizzard is doing right was this idea.

But tournaments still uses old maps... Are u sure it was a.good idea?
Vasacast always in my <3
Twine
Profile Joined June 2012
France246 Posts
November 23 2014 22:05 GMT
#684
Well, I see a lot of pro players complaining on twitter about this map pool (demuslim, targa, etc...) and I was wondering why the heck blizzard really wishes to continue this stuff until 5 Jan. Is anyone here on TL is actually having fun on the #dreampool or ... ?
#1 Bomber fan | Jin Air best KT
SatedSC2
Profile Blog Joined March 2014
England3012 Posts
November 23 2014 22:17 GMT
#685
--- Nuked ---
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
November 23 2014 22:20 GMT
#686
I'm actually having a good time too though swarm hosts styles can be quite frustrating. But overall I'm enjoying the map pool. It's probably easier to enjoy the map pool as Protoss though.
swag_bro
Profile Blog Joined July 2014
Japan782 Posts
November 23 2014 23:28 GMT
#687
On November 24 2014 06:11 SuperHofmann wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2014 06:07 swag_bro wrote:
One of the few things Blizzard is doing right was this idea.

But tournaments still uses old maps... Are u sure it was a.good idea?


It's good for shitty noobs like me who 4 gate, cannon rush and blink all in.
They hate us 'cause they ain't us.
Lexender
Profile Joined September 2013
Mexico2665 Posts
November 24 2014 00:14 GMT
#688
I think it was a good idea, right now the meta is stuck in the same "standard" patterns without much deviation, one of the reasons people dislike the map pool is because "balance", however what blizzard is doing really makes sense, in LotV they are going to be a lot of changes and of course people will jump to the balance part without addressing the dessing part much (people are already complaining about balance when LotV ISN'T EVEN BETA) so these maps will help people get used to the fact that the game is going to much more different and also not as balanced than what it is right now, in LotV you won't be able to 3 base turtle to 200 max in 18 minutes, much like you can't with most of these maps, so I think it was a good plan to help people get used to how things are going to be in the beta and also so they can discard they're notions of "standard" that in LotV won't mean shit.

Also I like the map pool is not bad to shake things up everyonce in a while
SetGuitarsToKill
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
Canada28396 Posts
November 24 2014 01:03 GMT
#689
To be honest, I'm too low of level for the maps to make much of a difference. Some of the old maps are fun for nostalgias sake though, so that makes it worth it for me personally. I hope after this season we stick with a few more 'experimental' maps.
Community News"As long as you have a warp prism you can't be bad at harassment" - Maru | @SetGuitars2Kill
TRaFFiC
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada1448 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-11-24 07:21:30
November 24 2014 07:17 GMT
#690
I'm enjoying the Dream pool, but it's unfortunate that they are still using the old maps for tournaments. Doesn't make much sense when the majority of the player base uses ladder as their primary practice.

Even as a casual player, when you see a pro use a strategy on a certain map, you draw inspiration from that and use it in your own play.
2v2, 1v1, Zerg, Terran http://www.twitch.tv/trafficsc2
LoneYoShi
Profile Blog Joined June 2014
France1348 Posts
November 24 2014 08:53 GMT
#691
I'm enjoying the Dreampool quite a lot too. Especially how it promotes different qualities than the "regular" map pool. I mean you used to be able to do the same 3CC/double Ebay build in TvZ on all maps. And zergs knew how to play against it, so people played in a really similar way on all maps, since the builds worked more or less on all maps.

But now ? Please go try a 3CC double Ebay build in TvZ on metalo or XNC, I dare you :-p

Right now, I feel like the map pool rewards way more scouting, adaptation and improvisation rather than perfect build orders and optimisation. At least that's how I feel in TvZ and TvT. I don't feel like it affected TvP that much tho...
SatedSC2
Profile Blog Joined March 2014
England3012 Posts
November 24 2014 09:15 GMT
#692
--- Nuked ---
Ragnarork
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
France9034 Posts
November 24 2014 09:57 GMT
#693
On November 24 2014 07:05 Twine wrote:
Well, I see a lot of pro players complaining on twitter about this map pool (demuslim, targa, etc...) and I was wondering why the heck blizzard really wishes to continue this stuff until 5 Jan. Is anyone here on TL is actually having fun on the #dreampool or ... ?


I'm having fun with it.

Oh and by the way, the map pool can be fun to play and still problematic. The biggest issue for pros at the moment I think is that they can't really use the ladder to practice anything else than mechanics, because the maps aren't used in tournaments.
LiquipediaWanderer
deacon.frost
Profile Joined February 2013
Czech Republic12134 Posts
November 24 2014 10:03 GMT
#694
On November 24 2014 09:14 Lexender wrote:
I think it was a good idea, right now the meta is stuck in the same "standard" patterns without much deviation, one of the reasons people dislike the map pool is because "balance", however what blizzard is doing really makes sense, in LotV they are going to be a lot of changes and of course people will jump to the balance part without addressing the dessing part much (people are already complaining about balance when LotV ISN'T EVEN BETA) so these maps will help people get used to the fact that the game is going to much more different and also not as balanced than what it is right now, in LotV you won't be able to 3 base turtle to 200 max in 18 minutes, much like you can't with most of these maps, so I think it was a good plan to help people get used to how things are going to be in the beta and also so they can discard they're notions of "standard" that in LotV won't mean shit.

Also I like the map pool is not bad to shake things up everyonce in a while

I don't think so. If you veto Metalopolis and XNC you receive pretty standard 3 base maps where you can turtle on 3 bases pretty good. I remember good portion of games with 3 bases and more on Akilon, Cloud Kingdom, Daybreak, Ohana and Shakuras. But on all the maps I named you can get to 3 bases pretty safe. The worst from the list is Daybreak, IMHO. I can never get 3rd properly against good zerg, the nexus placement always prevents me from defending the 3rd properly and it gets destroyed. DAMN IT ><
I imagine France should be able to take this unless Lilbow is busy practicing for Starcraft III. | KadaverBB is my fairy ban mother.
LoneYoShi
Profile Blog Joined June 2014
France1348 Posts
November 24 2014 10:23 GMT
#695
On November 24 2014 18:15 SatedSC2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2014 17:53 LoneYoShi wrote:
I'm enjoying the Dreampool quite a lot too. Especially how it promotes different qualities than the "regular" map pool. I mean you used to be able to do the same 3CC/double Ebay build in TvZ on all maps. And zergs knew how to play against it, so people played in a really similar way on all maps, since the builds worked more or less on all maps.

But now ? Please go try a 3CC double Ebay build in TvZ on metalo or XNC, I dare you :-p

Right now, I feel like the map pool rewards way more scouting, adaptation and improvisation rather than perfect build orders and optimisation. At least that's how I feel in TvZ and TvT. I don't feel like it affected TvP that much tho...

But there are perfect build orders on maps like XNC. People are just a little rusty with them.

For example, I'm rediscovering my love for Robo-before-Nexus openings in PvT :3


Indeed, but a perfect build per map isn't the same as a perfect build for the whole map pool. It feels a lot more varied, and that's what's really enjoyable about that map pool IMHO. Maps were way too similar (and I suppose that if you veto XNC and Metalo, they still are to a certain extent...)
Also, as you say, people are rusty, so you can make stuff work that shouldn't really be able to work :D


Big J
Profile Joined March 2011
Austria16289 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-11-24 11:08:14
November 24 2014 10:49 GMT
#696
On November 24 2014 19:03 deacon.frost wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2014 09:14 Lexender wrote:
I think it was a good idea, right now the meta is stuck in the same "standard" patterns without much deviation, one of the reasons people dislike the map pool is because "balance", however what blizzard is doing really makes sense, in LotV they are going to be a lot of changes and of course people will jump to the balance part without addressing the dessing part much (people are already complaining about balance when LotV ISN'T EVEN BETA) so these maps will help people get used to the fact that the game is going to much more different and also not as balanced than what it is right now, in LotV you won't be able to 3 base turtle to 200 max in 18 minutes, much like you can't with most of these maps, so I think it was a good plan to help people get used to how things are going to be in the beta and also so they can discard they're notions of "standard" that in LotV won't mean shit.

Also I like the map pool is not bad to shake things up everyonce in a while

I don't think so. If you veto Metalopolis and XNC you receive pretty standard 3 base maps where you can turtle on 3 bases pretty good. I remember good portion of games with 3 bases and more on Akilon, Cloud Kingdom, Daybreak, Ohana and Shakuras. But on all the maps I named you can get to 3 bases pretty safe. The worst from the list is Daybreak, IMHO. I can never get 3rd properly against good zerg, the nexus placement always prevents me from defending the 3rd properly and it gets destroyed. DAMN IT ><


Hm, might want to look into old Oz games if you have trouble taking a third on Daybreak. He played 1gate/3rd nexus (after FFE) back in WoL days on Daybreak before MsC and gateway expands. One of the first Protoss I remember doing the walled in canons as part of his build every game.

Edit: God damn it, even just finding any noname Vods from 2012 is hard... Might not be worth the time looking for them ^^
deacon.frost
Profile Joined February 2013
Czech Republic12134 Posts
November 24 2014 10:57 GMT
#697
On November 24 2014 19:49 Big J wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2014 19:03 deacon.frost wrote:
On November 24 2014 09:14 Lexender wrote:
I think it was a good idea, right now the meta is stuck in the same "standard" patterns without much deviation, one of the reasons people dislike the map pool is because "balance", however what blizzard is doing really makes sense, in LotV they are going to be a lot of changes and of course people will jump to the balance part without addressing the dessing part much (people are already complaining about balance when LotV ISN'T EVEN BETA) so these maps will help people get used to the fact that the game is going to much more different and also not as balanced than what it is right now, in LotV you won't be able to 3 base turtle to 200 max in 18 minutes, much like you can't with most of these maps, so I think it was a good plan to help people get used to how things are going to be in the beta and also so they can discard they're notions of "standard" that in LotV won't mean shit.

Also I like the map pool is not bad to shake things up everyonce in a while

I don't think so. If you veto Metalopolis and XNC you receive pretty standard 3 base maps where you can turtle on 3 bases pretty good. I remember good portion of games with 3 bases and more on Akilon, Cloud Kingdom, Daybreak, Ohana and Shakuras. But on all the maps I named you can get to 3 bases pretty safe. The worst from the list is Daybreak, IMHO. I can never get 3rd properly against good zerg, the nexus placement always prevents me from defending the 3rd properly and it gets destroyed. DAMN IT ><


Hm, might want to look into old Oz games if you have trouble taking a third on Daybreak. He played 1gate/3rd nexus (after FFE) back in WoL days on Daybreak before MsC and gateway expands. One of the first Protoss I remember doing the walled in canons as part of his build every game.

I will check it, thanks
I imagine France should be able to take this unless Lilbow is busy practicing for Starcraft III. | KadaverBB is my fairy ban mother.
Prev 1 33 34 35 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 20m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 579
UpATreeSC 120
ProTech82
JuggernautJason33
MindelVK 14
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 33054
Calm 3433
Shuttle 1115
actioN 223
firebathero 173
Dewaltoss 107
Hyuk 107
Barracks 106
Liquid`Ret 71
Hyun 31
[ Show more ]
Free 25
Bale 24
HiyA 24
Aegong 21
NaDa 21
soO 19
PianO 17
Shine 14
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc8753
Dendi1164
XaKoH 387
Fuzer 107
League of Legends
KnowMe82
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1296
fl0m1163
x6flipin448
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu34
Other Games
singsing2034
FrodaN1464
Beastyqt709
ceh9417
B2W.Neo400
mouzStarbuck310
byalli194
Livibee187
C9.Mang0163
RotterdaM110
Trikslyr73
Mew2King57
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 60
• Dystopia_ 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV422
Other Games
• Shiphtur847
• imaqtpie621
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 20m
Replay Cast
5h 5m
OSC
1d 5h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 16h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 23h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.