• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:16
CEST 15:16
KST 22:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9197 users

Blizzard's Potential Balance Test Map Changes - Page 34

Forum Index > SC2 General
1113 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 32 33 34 35 36 56 Next
Drake
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany6146 Posts
April 24 2013 08:06 GMT
#661
also to all the "oracle already sooo strong" flamers here, on high level and that means even mid masters, they get nearly useless ...
Nb.Drake / CoL_Drake / Original Joined TL.net Tuesday, 15th of March 2005
FLUFFYPenguin
Profile Joined March 2013
Finland25 Posts
April 24 2013 08:07 GMT
#662
On April 24 2013 17:05 Decendos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 24 2013 17:01 FLUFFYPenguin wrote:
On April 24 2013 16:23 Decendos wrote:
On April 24 2013 16:12 Jerom wrote:
I don't like how they want to give Zerg more all ins. Honestly it feels like there is no race in the game that can all in better than zerg..


lol. this made me laugh. ZvP vs FFE you cant all in, ZvP vs gate expand you could do all ins and pressure...now with planetary nexus you cant. ZvT you could do roach ling (bling) pressure/all in, now with reaper into factory builds you cant. reaper scouts everything and mines + bunker and if you really want to push it a tank with free siege mode deals with everything.


So, I guess you have never heard of Speedling/Roach allins off of 2 bases.


do you even read what i write?! i said they work in WoL but DONT WORK vs reaper into factory into fast 3CC openings which is the absolute standard opening ZvT right now! wow...srsly you need to read before answering.

it obv still works vs 1 rax FE or CC first since nothing has changed to WoL there but NOT vs reaper into fast 3 CC!

I'm sorry, I should have been more clear that I was talking about ZvP. I think you did quite clearly say that the Planetary Nexus will hold off any Roach/Ling all-ins, which is not true at all.
Terrasmith
Profile Joined February 2013
47 Posts
April 24 2013 08:10 GMT
#663
On April 24 2013 17:06 CoR wrote:
also to all the "oracle already sooo strong" flamers here, on high level and that means even mid masters, they get nearly useless ...


Until your opponent reacts two seconds too slowly and loses.
Olli
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Austria24422 Posts
April 24 2013 08:10 GMT
#664
I LOOOOOOVE the potential Oracle change. They were getting a bit weak at higher levels.
And, something that most people won't realize, making them faster actually makes them a little harder to control because they'll fly into things faster if you don't babysit them enough. However your babysitting will be more rewarding. Loving it.
Administrator"Declaring anything a disaster because aLive popped up out of nowhere is just downright silly."
Decendos
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany1341 Posts
April 24 2013 08:11 GMT
#665
On April 24 2013 17:07 FLUFFYPenguin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 24 2013 17:05 Decendos wrote:
On April 24 2013 17:01 FLUFFYPenguin wrote:
On April 24 2013 16:23 Decendos wrote:
On April 24 2013 16:12 Jerom wrote:
I don't like how they want to give Zerg more all ins. Honestly it feels like there is no race in the game that can all in better than zerg..


lol. this made me laugh. ZvP vs FFE you cant all in, ZvP vs gate expand you could do all ins and pressure...now with planetary nexus you cant. ZvT you could do roach ling (bling) pressure/all in, now with reaper into factory builds you cant. reaper scouts everything and mines + bunker and if you really want to push it a tank with free siege mode deals with everything.


So, I guess you have never heard of Speedling/Roach allins off of 2 bases.


do you even read what i write?! i said they work in WoL but DONT WORK vs reaper into factory into fast 3CC openings which is the absolute standard opening ZvT right now! wow...srsly you need to read before answering.

it obv still works vs 1 rax FE or CC first since nothing has changed to WoL there but NOT vs reaper into fast 3 CC!

I'm sorry, I should have been more clear that I was talking about ZvP. I think you did quite clearly say that the Planetary Nexus will hold off any Roach/Ling all-ins, which is not true at all.


you are right that planetary nexus alone doesnt do that but seeing no 3rd from zerg means he is either teching or doing an all in so you can prepare + planetary nexus helps a lot and makes roach ling from 2 base much worse than in wol.
Folkennn
Profile Joined November 2012
Norway12 Posts
April 24 2013 08:12 GMT
#666
"increase the oracle speed"

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat, is that a joke?
ZenithM
Profile Joined February 2011
France15952 Posts
April 24 2013 08:12 GMT
#667
On April 24 2013 17:10 Terrasmith wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 24 2013 17:06 CoR wrote:
also to all the "oracle already sooo strong" flamers here, on high level and that means even mid masters, they get nearly useless ...


Until your opponent reacts two seconds too slowly and loses.

Lol, 2 seconds is a very long time. At high level that means about 5-10 actions :D
FLUFFYPenguin
Profile Joined March 2013
Finland25 Posts
April 24 2013 08:12 GMT
#668
On April 24 2013 17:11 Decendos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 24 2013 17:07 FLUFFYPenguin wrote:
On April 24 2013 17:05 Decendos wrote:
On April 24 2013 17:01 FLUFFYPenguin wrote:
On April 24 2013 16:23 Decendos wrote:
On April 24 2013 16:12 Jerom wrote:
I don't like how they want to give Zerg more all ins. Honestly it feels like there is no race in the game that can all in better than zerg..


lol. this made me laugh. ZvP vs FFE you cant all in, ZvP vs gate expand you could do all ins and pressure...now with planetary nexus you cant. ZvT you could do roach ling (bling) pressure/all in, now with reaper into factory builds you cant. reaper scouts everything and mines + bunker and if you really want to push it a tank with free siege mode deals with everything.


So, I guess you have never heard of Speedling/Roach allins off of 2 bases.


do you even read what i write?! i said they work in WoL but DONT WORK vs reaper into factory into fast 3CC openings which is the absolute standard opening ZvT right now! wow...srsly you need to read before answering.

it obv still works vs 1 rax FE or CC first since nothing has changed to WoL there but NOT vs reaper into fast 3 CC!

I'm sorry, I should have been more clear that I was talking about ZvP. I think you did quite clearly say that the Planetary Nexus will hold off any Roach/Ling all-ins, which is not true at all.


you are right that planetary nexus alone doesnt do that but seeing no 3rd from zerg means he is either teching or doing an all in so you can prepare + planetary nexus helps a lot and makes roach ling from 2 base much worse than in wol.

That is true, yes.
Terrasmith
Profile Joined February 2013
47 Posts
April 24 2013 08:13 GMT
#669
On April 24 2013 17:11 Decendos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 24 2013 17:07 FLUFFYPenguin wrote:
On April 24 2013 17:05 Decendos wrote:
On April 24 2013 17:01 FLUFFYPenguin wrote:
On April 24 2013 16:23 Decendos wrote:
On April 24 2013 16:12 Jerom wrote:
I don't like how they want to give Zerg more all ins. Honestly it feels like there is no race in the game that can all in better than zerg..


lol. this made me laugh. ZvP vs FFE you cant all in, ZvP vs gate expand you could do all ins and pressure...now with planetary nexus you cant. ZvT you could do roach ling (bling) pressure/all in, now with reaper into factory builds you cant. reaper scouts everything and mines + bunker and if you really want to push it a tank with free siege mode deals with everything.


So, I guess you have never heard of Speedling/Roach allins off of 2 bases.


do you even read what i write?! i said they work in WoL but DONT WORK vs reaper into factory into fast 3CC openings which is the absolute standard opening ZvT right now! wow...srsly you need to read before answering.

it obv still works vs 1 rax FE or CC first since nothing has changed to WoL there but NOT vs reaper into fast 3 CC!

I'm sorry, I should have been more clear that I was talking about ZvP. I think you did quite clearly say that the Planetary Nexus will hold off any Roach/Ling all-ins, which is not true at all.


you are right that planetary nexus alone doesnt do that but seeing no 3rd from zerg means he is either teching or doing an all in so you can prepare + planetary nexus helps a lot and makes roach ling from 2 base much worse than in wol.


Is your only argument that WoL rushes don't work anymore? I mean, this IS HotS, it's to be expected that some WoL strats aren't viable.
Terrasmith
Profile Joined February 2013
47 Posts
April 24 2013 08:14 GMT
#670
On April 24 2013 17:12 ZenithM wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 24 2013 17:10 Terrasmith wrote:
On April 24 2013 17:06 CoR wrote:
also to all the "oracle already sooo strong" flamers here, on high level and that means even mid masters, they get nearly useless ...


Until your opponent reacts two seconds too slowly and loses.

Lol, 2 seconds is a very long time. At high level that means about 5-10 actions :D


Yet I've seen pros lose games (most notably MC) because they reacted to an oracle too slowly.
Olli
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Austria24422 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-24 08:16:03
April 24 2013 08:15 GMT
#671
On April 24 2013 17:14 Terrasmith wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 24 2013 17:12 ZenithM wrote:
On April 24 2013 17:10 Terrasmith wrote:
On April 24 2013 17:06 CoR wrote:
also to all the "oracle already sooo strong" flamers here, on high level and that means even mid masters, they get nearly useless ...


Until your opponent reacts two seconds too slowly and loses.

Lol, 2 seconds is a very long time. At high level that means about 5-10 actions :D


Yet I've seen pros lose games (most notably MC) because they reacted to an oracle too slowly.


Spose they'll have to get better at it too then. Or you know, make static defense or leave units to defend. Take your pick.
Administrator"Declaring anything a disaster because aLive popped up out of nowhere is just downright silly."
Decendos
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany1341 Posts
April 24 2013 08:16 GMT
#672
On April 24 2013 17:13 Terrasmith wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 24 2013 17:11 Decendos wrote:
On April 24 2013 17:07 FLUFFYPenguin wrote:
On April 24 2013 17:05 Decendos wrote:
On April 24 2013 17:01 FLUFFYPenguin wrote:
On April 24 2013 16:23 Decendos wrote:
On April 24 2013 16:12 Jerom wrote:
I don't like how they want to give Zerg more all ins. Honestly it feels like there is no race in the game that can all in better than zerg..


lol. this made me laugh. ZvP vs FFE you cant all in, ZvP vs gate expand you could do all ins and pressure...now with planetary nexus you cant. ZvT you could do roach ling (bling) pressure/all in, now with reaper into factory builds you cant. reaper scouts everything and mines + bunker and if you really want to push it a tank with free siege mode deals with everything.


So, I guess you have never heard of Speedling/Roach allins off of 2 bases.


do you even read what i write?! i said they work in WoL but DONT WORK vs reaper into factory into fast 3CC openings which is the absolute standard opening ZvT right now! wow...srsly you need to read before answering.

it obv still works vs 1 rax FE or CC first since nothing has changed to WoL there but NOT vs reaper into fast 3 CC!

I'm sorry, I should have been more clear that I was talking about ZvP. I think you did quite clearly say that the Planetary Nexus will hold off any Roach/Ling all-ins, which is not true at all.


you are right that planetary nexus alone doesnt do that but seeing no 3rd from zerg means he is either teching or doing an all in so you can prepare + planetary nexus helps a lot and makes roach ling from 2 base much worse than in wol.


Is your only argument that WoL rushes don't work anymore? I mean, this IS HotS, it's to be expected that some WoL strats aren't viable.


oh sorry i forgot Z got 10 new options early game and can do a lot of new stuff early game in HOTS. oh wait...NOT. thats the whole point why blizzard will buff burrow...BECAUSE Z has got literally NOTHING new in early game that helps doing aggression while both T and P got stuff to be more aggressive AND defend better. you see...thats what Z lacks right now and blizzard acknowledges. you dont it seems. luckily they do.
Sissors
Profile Joined March 2012
1395 Posts
April 24 2013 08:17 GMT
#673
On April 24 2013 17:04 CoR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 24 2013 17:03 Terrasmith wrote:
Blizzard might not be nerfing the hellbat because they don't mesh well with bio armies. The 4 medivac slots and the no stim means they make the whole army less mobile, and the strongest feature of bio is its mobility. Seeing as mech is never used, the hellbat is kinda stuck, and you don't see it all that often in pro games, except for against mass zealot and in tvt with a meching player. While hellbat drops are still strong, they aren't all that hard to counter with good static defense and a few roaches/mutas/stalkers/marines and marauders. Also, hellbats are easy to kite.


still every TERRAN flames about hellbats because tvt is hellbat vs hellbat

I am Terran (masters, since that apparently is important otherwise your opinion is invalid according to quite some people here), and I don't flame about hellbats. I barely ever use them in TvT since they are way overrated imo. Also hellbat drops are quite easy to deflect (as terran at least) and contrary to what someone else claimed, having to pull some workers while your opponent loses his medivac + 2 hellbats is not a win for your opponent.

Normally I play bio-mech, but bit ago I tried mech. Actually won also, and guess what, I kept my hellbats 90% of the time in hellion mode since the extra mobility was imo generally preferable over the extra combat power of hellbats. Also a bit ago for example I had 5 marauders. The enemy had 20 hellbats. I literally kited him across the entire map and only lost them in the end because he kept picking them up in medivacs to boost them on top of my marauders, which meant I had to stim them and I didn't have a medivac there. So they pretty much only died because I ran out of stims.

Of course I lost games to people playing hellbat-tank. Just like I lost games against pretty much every composition. And I won't deny in the beginning I also was "Omg OP, nerf plz". But then I just considered what to do about them, and realized they have shitty range and are horribly slow.
Terrasmith
Profile Joined February 2013
47 Posts
April 24 2013 08:19 GMT
#674
On April 24 2013 17:16 Decendos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 24 2013 17:13 Terrasmith wrote:
On April 24 2013 17:11 Decendos wrote:
On April 24 2013 17:07 FLUFFYPenguin wrote:
On April 24 2013 17:05 Decendos wrote:
On April 24 2013 17:01 FLUFFYPenguin wrote:
On April 24 2013 16:23 Decendos wrote:
On April 24 2013 16:12 Jerom wrote:
I don't like how they want to give Zerg more all ins. Honestly it feels like there is no race in the game that can all in better than zerg..


lol. this made me laugh. ZvP vs FFE you cant all in, ZvP vs gate expand you could do all ins and pressure...now with planetary nexus you cant. ZvT you could do roach ling (bling) pressure/all in, now with reaper into factory builds you cant. reaper scouts everything and mines + bunker and if you really want to push it a tank with free siege mode deals with everything.


So, I guess you have never heard of Speedling/Roach allins off of 2 bases.


do you even read what i write?! i said they work in WoL but DONT WORK vs reaper into factory into fast 3CC openings which is the absolute standard opening ZvT right now! wow...srsly you need to read before answering.

it obv still works vs 1 rax FE or CC first since nothing has changed to WoL there but NOT vs reaper into fast 3 CC!

I'm sorry, I should have been more clear that I was talking about ZvP. I think you did quite clearly say that the Planetary Nexus will hold off any Roach/Ling all-ins, which is not true at all.


you are right that planetary nexus alone doesnt do that but seeing no 3rd from zerg means he is either teching or doing an all in so you can prepare + planetary nexus helps a lot and makes roach ling from 2 base much worse than in wol.


Is your only argument that WoL rushes don't work anymore? I mean, this IS HotS, it's to be expected that some WoL strats aren't viable.


oh sorry i forgot Z got 10 new options early game and can do a lot of new stuff early game in HOTS. oh wait...NOT. thats the whole point why blizzard will buff burrow...BECAUSE Z has got literally NOTHING new in early game that helps doing aggression while both T and P got stuff to be more aggressive AND defend better. you see...thats what Z lacks right now and blizzard acknowledges. you dont it seems. luckily they do.


I didn't say use new units, I said stop using WoL strats. Maybe staying on hatch tech for a long time isn't as viable as it used to be. Maybe be more creative with burrow. It's already on hatch tech. Either way, your entire argument right now sounds like "my old strats don't work, Blizzard give me something else!"
convention
Profile Joined October 2011
United States622 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-24 08:20:50
April 24 2013 08:19 GMT
#675
On April 24 2013 17:14 Terrasmith wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 24 2013 17:12 ZenithM wrote:
On April 24 2013 17:10 Terrasmith wrote:
On April 24 2013 17:06 CoR wrote:
also to all the "oracle already sooo strong" flamers here, on high level and that means even mid masters, they get nearly useless ...


Until your opponent reacts two seconds too slowly and loses.

Lol, 2 seconds is a very long time. At high level that means about 5-10 actions :D


Yet I've seen pros lose games (most notably MC) because they reacted to an oracle too slowly.

I've seen a lot more pros lose because they reacted faster than that to battle hellion drops. I've also seen a lot of pros (again more than oracles) lose also being faster than that to widow mine drops. You also lose if you react about that speed to baneling drops and mutalisks...
Decendos
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany1341 Posts
April 24 2013 08:21 GMT
#676
On April 24 2013 17:19 Terrasmith wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 24 2013 17:16 Decendos wrote:
On April 24 2013 17:13 Terrasmith wrote:
On April 24 2013 17:11 Decendos wrote:
On April 24 2013 17:07 FLUFFYPenguin wrote:
On April 24 2013 17:05 Decendos wrote:
On April 24 2013 17:01 FLUFFYPenguin wrote:
On April 24 2013 16:23 Decendos wrote:
On April 24 2013 16:12 Jerom wrote:
I don't like how they want to give Zerg more all ins. Honestly it feels like there is no race in the game that can all in better than zerg..


lol. this made me laugh. ZvP vs FFE you cant all in, ZvP vs gate expand you could do all ins and pressure...now with planetary nexus you cant. ZvT you could do roach ling (bling) pressure/all in, now with reaper into factory builds you cant. reaper scouts everything and mines + bunker and if you really want to push it a tank with free siege mode deals with everything.


So, I guess you have never heard of Speedling/Roach allins off of 2 bases.


do you even read what i write?! i said they work in WoL but DONT WORK vs reaper into factory into fast 3CC openings which is the absolute standard opening ZvT right now! wow...srsly you need to read before answering.

it obv still works vs 1 rax FE or CC first since nothing has changed to WoL there but NOT vs reaper into fast 3 CC!

I'm sorry, I should have been more clear that I was talking about ZvP. I think you did quite clearly say that the Planetary Nexus will hold off any Roach/Ling all-ins, which is not true at all.


you are right that planetary nexus alone doesnt do that but seeing no 3rd from zerg means he is either teching or doing an all in so you can prepare + planetary nexus helps a lot and makes roach ling from 2 base much worse than in wol.


Is your only argument that WoL rushes don't work anymore? I mean, this IS HotS, it's to be expected that some WoL strats aren't viable.


oh sorry i forgot Z got 10 new options early game and can do a lot of new stuff early game in HOTS. oh wait...NOT. thats the whole point why blizzard will buff burrow...BECAUSE Z has got literally NOTHING new in early game that helps doing aggression while both T and P got stuff to be more aggressive AND defend better. you see...thats what Z lacks right now and blizzard acknowledges. you dont it seems. luckily they do.


I didn't say use new units, I said stop using WoL strats. Maybe staying on hatch tech for a long time isn't as viable as it used to be. Maybe be more creative with burrow. It's already on hatch tech. Either way, your entire argument right now sounds like "my old strats don't work, Blizzard give me something else!"


yeah like i said...luckily blizz sees the problem. burrow is much too expensive and too long to be usable. tried a lot of new things and so did pros. it is not worth it, thats why it will be buffed. simple as that.
Terrasmith
Profile Joined February 2013
47 Posts
April 24 2013 08:23 GMT
#677
On April 24 2013 17:19 convention wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 24 2013 17:14 Terrasmith wrote:
On April 24 2013 17:12 ZenithM wrote:
On April 24 2013 17:10 Terrasmith wrote:
On April 24 2013 17:06 CoR wrote:
also to all the "oracle already sooo strong" flamers here, on high level and that means even mid masters, they get nearly useless ...


Until your opponent reacts two seconds too slowly and loses.

Lol, 2 seconds is a very long time. At high level that means about 5-10 actions :D


Yet I've seen pros lose games (most notably MC) because they reacted to an oracle too slowly.

I've seen a lot more pros lose because they reacted faster than that to battle hellion drops. I've also seen a lot of pros (again more than oracles) lose also being faster than that to widow mine drops. You also lose if you react about that speed to baneling drops and mutalisks...


Should I change the number I used to 1 second? Or a 1/2 second? I threw out 2 as an arbitrary number; I don't watch pro games with a stopwatch to time these things. The point I was making is that oracles are not as useless as the person I responded to made them out to be.
Olli
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Austria24422 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-24 08:24:37
April 24 2013 08:23 GMT
#678
On April 24 2013 17:23 Terrasmith wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 24 2013 17:19 convention wrote:
On April 24 2013 17:14 Terrasmith wrote:
On April 24 2013 17:12 ZenithM wrote:
On April 24 2013 17:10 Terrasmith wrote:
On April 24 2013 17:06 CoR wrote:
also to all the "oracle already sooo strong" flamers here, on high level and that means even mid masters, they get nearly useless ...


Until your opponent reacts two seconds too slowly and loses.

Lol, 2 seconds is a very long time. At high level that means about 5-10 actions :D


Yet I've seen pros lose games (most notably MC) because they reacted to an oracle too slowly.

I've seen a lot more pros lose because they reacted faster than that to battle hellion drops. I've also seen a lot of pros (again more than oracles) lose also being faster than that to widow mine drops. You also lose if you react about that speed to baneling drops and mutalisks...


Should I change the number I used to 1 second? Or a 1/2 second? I threw out 2 as an arbitrary number; I don't watch pro games with a stopwatch to time these things. The point I was making is that oracles are not as useless as the person I responded to made them out to be.


They aren't useless but they're too expensive for their usefulness past the early game. Static defense, units, etc. shut them down hard.
Administrator"Declaring anything a disaster because aLive popped up out of nowhere is just downright silly."
Sissors
Profile Joined March 2012
1395 Posts
April 24 2013 08:25 GMT
#679
On April 24 2013 17:23 DarkLordOlli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 24 2013 17:23 Terrasmith wrote:
On April 24 2013 17:19 convention wrote:
On April 24 2013 17:14 Terrasmith wrote:
On April 24 2013 17:12 ZenithM wrote:
On April 24 2013 17:10 Terrasmith wrote:
On April 24 2013 17:06 CoR wrote:
also to all the "oracle already sooo strong" flamers here, on high level and that means even mid masters, they get nearly useless ...


Until your opponent reacts two seconds too slowly and loses.

Lol, 2 seconds is a very long time. At high level that means about 5-10 actions :D


Yet I've seen pros lose games (most notably MC) because they reacted to an oracle too slowly.

I've seen a lot more pros lose because they reacted faster than that to battle hellion drops. I've also seen a lot of pros (again more than oracles) lose also being faster than that to widow mine drops. You also lose if you react about that speed to baneling drops and mutalisks...


Should I change the number I used to 1 second? Or a 1/2 second? I threw out 2 as an arbitrary number; I don't watch pro games with a stopwatch to time these things. The point I was making is that oracles are not as useless as the person I responded to made them out to be.


They aren't useless but they're too expensive for their usefulness past the early game.

And making them cheaper mainly helps them in the early game. That is the entire problem of oracles, it isn't that they can't use some changes, but that you need to do it without making them stronger as gimmick cheese unit.
Terrasmith
Profile Joined February 2013
47 Posts
April 24 2013 08:25 GMT
#680
On April 24 2013 17:23 DarkLordOlli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 24 2013 17:23 Terrasmith wrote:
On April 24 2013 17:19 convention wrote:
On April 24 2013 17:14 Terrasmith wrote:
On April 24 2013 17:12 ZenithM wrote:
On April 24 2013 17:10 Terrasmith wrote:
On April 24 2013 17:06 CoR wrote:
also to all the "oracle already sooo strong" flamers here, on high level and that means even mid masters, they get nearly useless ...


Until your opponent reacts two seconds too slowly and loses.

Lol, 2 seconds is a very long time. At high level that means about 5-10 actions :D


Yet I've seen pros lose games (most notably MC) because they reacted to an oracle too slowly.

I've seen a lot more pros lose because they reacted faster than that to battle hellion drops. I've also seen a lot of pros (again more than oracles) lose also being faster than that to widow mine drops. You also lose if you react about that speed to baneling drops and mutalisks...


Should I change the number I used to 1 second? Or a 1/2 second? I threw out 2 as an arbitrary number; I don't watch pro games with a stopwatch to time these things. The point I was making is that oracles are not as useless as the person I responded to made them out to be.


They aren't useless but they're too expensive for their usefulness past the early game. Static defense, units, etc. shut them down hard.

I could say the exact same thing about terran drops. Static defense and/or a few units in the right place shuts them down hard, too.
Prev 1 32 33 34 35 36 56 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
Classic vs TBD
IntoTheiNu 1097
LiquipediaDiscussion
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings SOOP18
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech130
CosmosSc2 20
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 47720
Shuttle 8924
FanTaSy 1606
Hyuk 651
Horang2 480
BeSt 394
Pusan 250
EffOrt 227
Last 165
Soma 136
[ Show more ]
Zeus 121
Mind 108
hero 77
Hyun 72
Sea.KH 66
Killer 65
ggaemo 63
Snow 56
Sexy 46
ToSsGirL 31
PianO 31
Aegong 29
Bale 26
NaDa 18
JYJ 18
zelot 17
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
Rock 8
Sacsri 8
Noble 7
Icarus 4
Dota 2
qojqva1654
Gorgc1463
Dendi1046
XcaliburYe319
Counter-Strike
fl0m2584
x6flipin480
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu487
Khaldor363
Other Games
gofns39424
B2W.Neo1096
byalli553
Beastyqt382
Mlord194
Hui .179
Livibee174
ArmadaUGS112
Mew2King61
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick716
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream69
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 22
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2452
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
1h 44m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 44m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 44m
Replay Cast
9h 44m
Afreeca Starleague
20h 44m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
21h 44m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 2h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 20h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 21h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.